Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on Oil Analysis and Tribology

Hi Guys,
Im new to this forum and I have been trying to find a thread that relates to Ferrogram Makers for WDA. Our lab currently has two ferrogram makers by Spectro and we are trying to update them. I was looking at the Trico FM-6 that makes two slides at a time, have you guys used this before? What is your experience with this? Are there any others out there that can make more slides at a time? Or a different brand you guys recommend?
I appreciate your feedback,
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

i may be able to help you with your requirement now, contact me.

quote:
Originally posted by Salvador:
Hi Guys,
Im new to this forum and I have been trying to find a thread that relates to Ferrogram Makers for WDA. Our lab currently has two ferrogram makers by Spectro and we are trying to update them. I was looking at the Trico FM-6 that makes two slides at a time, have you guys used this before? What is your experience with this? Are there any others out there that can make more slides at a time? Or a different brand you guys recommend?
I appreciate your feedback,
Ferrography uses a high gradient magenetic field to attract and hold particle from a fluid sample which flows down on substrate inclidned at certain angle.

One should look at techincal details on magnets used and also technical datasheets of gradient field calculation for different size particles before making the decision.

There are few companies in the world that makes those for the reason I guess. Trico and Spectro Scientific

I would look at all technical details prior to instrument purchases.
Link copied to your clipboard.