Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on Desiccant Breathers and Oil Filter Carts.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by krajib:
Dear All,

I am looking for a suitable filtration system for Synthetic Polyglycol Oils (ISO VG 320) for Planetary gear boxes in a vertical roller mill.

Please suggest.

Hello Krajib,
Thanks for the inquiry.
Further we were looking forward for your replies on the following to help us decide the solution better:
1.What contamination are you needing to remove?
2.What is the volume of oil to be filtered?
3.Operating temperature range of the oil?
4.What does your last oil analysis show?

Looking forward for your reply.

Rohit Batra
email: rohitbatra13@gmail.com
Mobile: 0919648001122
quote:
Originally posted by krajib:
Dear All,

I am looking for a suitable filtration system for Synthetic Polyglycol Oils (ISO VG 320) for Planetary gear boxes in a vertical roller mill.

Please suggest.

Hello Krajib

We have recently performed some extensive testing on large planetary wheel motors (Komatsu and Hitachi)using ISO 680 oil and using CJC filters we have developed a flushing procedure that has reduced the contamination in the planetary from an ISO level that was uncountable and reduced to an ISO 17/16/12 in two hours. We were competing with "the" major filter manufacturer but they were unable to reduce the contamination to a measurable level. Reducing their filter rating to 8 micron absolute still did not result in a measuable ISO code but reduced their filter life to 30 minutes. The filtration cost difference using CJC is very significant but most important are the results.

If anyone would like this info please contact me at hgkl1@telus.netand we would be please to share the results.

Thanks

Harv
WOuld like to know if water contamination can be removed from Synthetic Polyglycol oil( ISO VG 680) by filtration.
Oil qty: 800 litres
Operating temp: 80 deg C
contamination to be removed: water ( oil being hygroscopic absorbs moisture from atmosphere)
The Poyglycol oil can withstand moisture upto 15000 PPm and then has to be changed. can it be filtered to remove this moisture contamination
I use to work with PAG fluids a lot and so have Eric Levit(IAS)and Scott Howard (Hypro). I can tell you that PAG fluids are stable in water even at 30%. We had a customer running it for 5 months from 2 cooler leaks and when we vacuumed the water out of the fluid the fluid tested at new levels again. Just because the fluid gets to 15000 ppm of water does not mean it needs to be changed. My suggestion is to vacuum dehydrate then test the fluid. More than likely the fluid will be good and if so, continue to use it.
Link copied to your clipboard.