Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

I did a search in this forum on this supposedly "Eco Friendly" Oil, and came back with nothing. It is called G-Oil made by Green Earth Technologies. This was released back in 2006-2007. I was curious is this even a legitimate item? Did any experts on this board look into this or had an analysis done on this oil?

http://www.getg.com/

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by scchen:
I did a search in this forum on this supposedly "Eco Friendly" Oil, and came back with nothing. It is called G-Oil made by Green Earth Technologies. This was released back in 2006-2007. I was curious is this even a legitimate item? Did any experts on this board look into this or had an analysis done on this oil?

http://www.getg.com/

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cool link sharing.
Keep up the good work.
quote:
Originally posted by AMMER:
is G-oil is the name of Eco friendly oil ?

Yes it is an Eco friendly oil as it is made with American-grown renewable animal fats. These saturated fats, whose molecular single-bond carbon chains are similar to common petroleum oils, have no harsh effects on the environment, and drastically cut our dependence on foreign oil.
quote:
Yes it is an Eco friendly oil as it is made with American-grown renewable animal fats. These saturated fats, whose molecular single-bond carbon chains are similar to common petroleum oils, have no harsh effects on the environment, and drastically cut our dependence on foreign oil.

Sorry, but the use of synthetic oils does not reduce our dependence on foreign oil. The typical oil that a person buys at the Autozone or Pep Boys store is derived from the fractioning process for processing crude into all the products that can be made from it from asphalt to baby oil. About 2 quarts are produced from every barrel and is classified as API-SA or SB. This oil is then either given or sold to an oil marketer who then buys an additive package to bring the oil up to current automotive standards.
Link copied to your clipboard.