Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Yeh I was the oldest of 4 kids, so when I graduated high school '1982' it was like okay your on your own kid.

I worked and went to school and of course being young 'wooped' it up alot as well. He's our only child, so needless to say he gets spoiled alot.

With me traveling so much I think I feel guilty and tend to go overboard as far as providing for him. The school he will be attending is Digipen Institute of Technology.

The campus is in Redmond, WA. about 20 minutes from the house, and not to far from the Microsoft campus.

USA Today had their school rated as the 2nd highest in the nation behind USC in his course study, which will be video game design. And they also offer masters programs...Damn...


First words out of my father's mouth when I graduated "Now you can get a job." Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

Can't even explain why his buddy isn't using simlube in that new truck. Despite all the posts defending it.


Trajan, sometimes you show yourself to be dumb as dirt.

Capt. Kirk doesn't have to explain why "his buddy" isn't using Synlube simply because you say so. Again Trajan, you are as dumb as dirt. I'm going to answer your stupid remark this once. The oil must be changed every 8 000 kms max.

Do you understand now?

Well?


Hey, when your single cell brain stops fighting for dominance for a bit, that oil you defend with such poorly placed vitriol claims you can use it in a new truck.

Guess you don't believe in it after all.

So much for all that wasted effort eh.


Get off you high horse, liar. Dumb as dirt fits perfectly. You still didn't get the meaning. Sure you can use it in a new truck. But you have to change it EVERY 8 000 KMS. The stuff costs 35. per quart. Get it now, Stupid?
http://www.synthetic-motor-oil...ils-big-competitors/

http://www.syntheticwarehouse....million_mile_van.pdf

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...umber=1338944&page=1

: 1 million mile Ford Van [Re: Pablo]
GMFan Offline


Registered: 12/26/07
Posts: 856
Loc: Catskills, NY
I also caught from that article that he changed his serpentine belt the first time at 500,000 miles!

http://www.millionmilevan.com/

From his website...

Quote:
I’ve used only Valvoline brand of Oil and have used their T-Tech machine for my transmission fluid changes at approx every 50,000 miles. I change my oil approx every 10,000 miles. I have to add a quart of oil every full tank of gas so there is always some new oil in the pan. I just wait for it to go black before changing it. My longest period between oil changes was 55,000 miles a few years back. Is that bad?? I use the regular Oil, no high milage oil.


Currently has 1,080,000 miles \:\!


Edited by GMFan (01/10/09 07:21 PM)
_________________________
2001 Saturn SL 5spd - 115k
Wolf's Head 5w30

The 1st Link is Amsoil's so called tests with there Motor Oil versus other motor oil's, and one of them is Valvoline Dino Oil.

The 2nd Link is an Amsoil User who went 930,599 miles on his engine using Amsoil Motor Oil, he replaced his engine because some part went bad and suposodely it was not oil related.

The 3rd Link is from BITOG about this 1,000,000 million mile Ford Van that has been run on Dino Oil. This individual as of May 10, 2010 has 1,202,425 on his Ford Van.

So, since the gentleman using Amsoil replaced his motor at 930,599 miles and the gentleman who is using Valvoline DINO Oil now has 1,202,425 miles it seems to me that the Ford Guy using Valvoline DINO Oil has gone 271,826 more miles using Valvoline DINO Oil versus the Amsoil Guy who used Amsoil Motor Oil.

How can this be, if you look at the tests Amsoil ran against the other motor oil's you can clearly see that Amsoil Motor Oil did better than the Valvoline Dino Oil, so why is this Ford Motor still going strong and it has racked up 271,826 more miles. I can tell you exactly why, Amsoil's tests mean nothing, if they really did then the numbers would be the other way around, and the Ford Van running on Dino oil would have had its motor replaced at 930,599 miles and the vehicle running Amsoil Motor Oil would still be going strong. But what about Amsoil's tests that show it is a SUPERIOR oil versus all other oil's on the market. In case everyone forgot, Amsoil has there own Oil Analysis Lab, Oil Analyzer's Inc. I think something fishy is going on here, it seems since Amsoil owns Oil Analyzer's Inc. which is less than a mile away from the Amsoil Headquarters, they can makeup any numbers they want to.

I do not see Synlube, Valvoline, Pennzoil, and Mobil doing what Amsoil does in putting up so called independent tests to show that there oil is better than the competition, why are they doing this, to cause doubt and confusion so you will buy there products.

This Thread started off with Nucleardawg saying he wants to stick with Redline, AD and myself mention Redline and Amsoil because we have used both products, so Tim presents some test from Amsoil where the Redline Gear Oil failed some BOGUS test that Amsoil ran. Redline Gear Lube DID NOT fail any test, Amsoil probably made the numbers up or rigged the test so Redline Gear Lube would fail. If Redline Gear Lube really failed any tests don't you guys think we would be hearing about Differential Failures all over the Internet from people using Redline Gear Lube. Has Tim provided any of us with any facts, no he has slammed other oil's on here to cause confusion and doubt so that you will buy Amsoil. Everything Tim is telling us is coming out of the Amsoil Salesman's Book. Tim likes to talk about so called Warranties, you guys can check out the Valvoline Motor Oil Warranty, there telling you to change the oil every 3000 miles, yet the guy whose Ford Van is still going strong is doing between 10,000 and 20,000 mile OCI's. The guy has his own Website, you can contact him or call him up.

A well respected member on BITOG told me that he never slams his competition because it can come back to haunt him and that is exactly what has happened here in this Thread, Tim fired the 1st shot when he slammed Redline, AD did not fire the 1st shot, he gave an honest observation about Amsoil since he has used the product, Tim came in becuase he said there was misinformation about Amsoil, there was only observations about Amsoil from AD and myself. Do you guys see any other Amsoil Dealers in this thread defending Tim, I have not seen any.

You guys are wondering how I figured all of this out, it was actually very simple, there was an Oil Additive on BITOG that employed some of the same tactics that Tim has displayed here in this thread, instead of talking about Redline Products we have been BOMBARDED with an Amsoil Sales Pitch which has now turned into a fight between members who were Pro Synlube and anti Synlube.

Before this Thread started, I had a fairly high opinion of Amsoil, now it is below Synlube. In light of everything I have learned about Amsoil and its reckless business practices I can now give them a new name, AMSCAM.
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Bear...AD...Trajan...

You guys have any issues with your engines sludging using dino?

I've been driving 30 years and never had one...I would imagine though if you abused them or didn't take care of mechanical/cooling issues it could lead to it...


No. I don' think the guy with the Million Mile Ford did either.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Bear...AD...Trajan...

You guys have any issues with your engines sludging using dino?

I've been driving 30 years and never had one...I would imagine though if you abused them or didn't take care of mechanical/cooling issues it could lead to it...


No. I don' think the guy with the Million Mile Ford did either. Funny with all this bickering going on that guy used a store bought dino oil, and bested every oil we've discussed here. People want proof, facts etc. I think the Million Mile Ford says it all.


Lots of driving, and the less stop start cycles are what saves an engine and makes it last a long time. The thinner the oil is at cold temps, the better it flows at cold temps, the faster it gets to operating temps, and operating viscosities the better. JMO

AD
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

So, since the gentleman using Amsoil replaced his motor at 930,599 miles and the gentleman who is using Valvoline DINO Oil now has 1,202,425 miles it seems to me that the Ford Guy using Valvoline DINO Oil has gone 271,826 more miles using Valvoline DINO Oil versus the Amsoil Guy who used Amsoil Motor Oil.
The AMSOIL engine was taken apart when a valve keeper broke, not lubricant related. The owner found out later he could have put the engine back in.
"Measurements taken against manufacturer’s specifications indicated the engine was still in useable condition. In each of five categories, the engine tested within 1 percent of manufacturer’s original specifications for the engine." Compare to the Valvoline engine which required 1 quart of thicker than recommended oil every 700 or fewer miles with the addition of expensive oil additives. He was also using a 40 weight oil when Ford recommends a 5w-20 or 5w-30 weight oil, so he was likely using a thicker oil to reduce oil consumption and to make up for engine wear. He is adding an equivalent Valvoline oil change every 4200 miles, where the AMSOIL was doing 25,000 mile oil changes. So the AMSOIL engine used much less oil, and the engine was in much better condition. Just as advertised.



quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:I do not see Synlube, Valvoline, Pennzoil, and Mobil doing what Amsoil does in putting up so called independent tests to show that there oil is better than the competition, why are they doing this, to cause doubt and confusion so you will buy there products.
They have done the testing, but don't publish the results. They have also never disputed AMSOIL's test results, which is another way of saying they agree with the AMSOIL test results.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:This Thread started off with Nucleardawg saying he wants to stick with Redline, AD and myself mention Redline and Amsoil because we have used both products, so Tim presents some test from Amsoil where the Redline Gear Oil failed some BOGUS test that Amsoil ran.
Which tests were bogus? Lot #s were listed and standard ASTM test were run. Red Line has not disputed the test results, because they likely have tested and agree with the results. Nor has any other oil company or anyone else, ever in 38 years.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Has Tim provided any of us with any facts, no he has slammed other oil's on here to cause confusion and doubt so that you will buy Amsoil.
I have not slammed any oil. I just presented facts.
Last edited by timvipond
No slamming here either, the Ford engine is still running, now well past the million mile mark.

Could be the valve stem seals, or a leak that's causing the oil use, or both. Bad valve stem seals and leaks are not lube related either. So you really can't blame the oil since you have no clue what is causing the oil use. The 25,000 mile Amsoil use is mere speculation on your part. The fact is Amsoil was not used so we'll never know wiil we?

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
. The 25,000 mile Amsoil use is mere speculation on your part.
AD
What speculation?

From http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2578.pdf .
He installed AMSOIL synthetic 0W-30 motor oil in the engine at 68,250 miles.
He drives 110,000 to 120,000 miles a year and went from from changing his oil every two weeks to once every three months.
That is 27,500 to 30,000 miles per oil change, which is more than AMSOIL's recommendation of 17,500 miles for his application. Better than advertised.
Last edited by timvipond
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
. The 25,000 mile Amsoil use is mere speculation on your part.
AD
What speculation?

From http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2578.pdf .
He installed AMSOIL synthetic 0W-30 motor oil in the engine at 68,250 miles.
He drives 110,000 to 120,000 miles a year and went from from changing his oil every two weeks to once every three months.
That is 27,500 to 30,000 miles per oil change, which is more than AMSOIL's recommendation of 17,500 miles for his application. Better than advertised.


I'm talking about the million mile Ford. Your comments about Amsoil in the million mile Ford are mere speculation on your part, since Amsoil was not used. Just stating facts.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:

I'm talking about the million mile Ford. Your comments about Amsoil in the million mile Ford are mere speculation on your part, since Amsoil was not used. Just stating facts.

AD
What comment are you talking about? Where did I say anything about AMSOIL in the million mile Ford? It was the Chevy that had the AMSOIL.
quote:
The AMSOIL engine was taken apart when a valve keeper broke, not lubricant related. The owner found out later he could have put the engine back in.
"Measurements taken against manufacturer’s specifications indicated the engine was still in useable condition. In each of five categories, the engine tested within 1 percent of manufacturer’s original specifications for the engine." Compare to the Valvoline engine which required 1 quart of thicker than recommended oil every 700 or fewer miles with the addition of expensive oil additives. He was also using a 40 weight oil when Ford recommends a 5w-20 or 5w-30 weight oil, so he was likely using a thicker oil to reduce oil consumption and to make up for engine wear. He is adding an equivalent Valvoline oil change every 4200 miles, where the AMSOIL was doing 25,000 mile oil changes. So the AMSOIL engine used much less oil, and the engine was in much better condition. Just as advertised.



Big Bear was talking about Valvoline in the million mile Ford, you brought up this comment: Quote:

The AMSOIL engine was taken apart when a valve keeper broke, not lubricant related. The owner found out later he could have put the engine back in.
"Measurements taken against manufacturer’s specifications indicated the engine was still in useable condition. In each of five categories, the engine tested within 1 percent of manufacturer’s original specifications for the engine." Compare to the Valvoline engine which required 1 quart of thicker than recommended oil every 700 or fewer miles with the addition of expensive oil additives. He was also using a 40 weight oil when Ford recommends a 5w-20 or 5w-30 weight oil, so he was likely using a thicker oil to reduce oil consumption and to make up for engine wear. He is adding an equivalent Valvoline oil change every 4200 miles, where the AMSOIL was doing 25,000 mile oil changes. So the AMSOIL engine used much less oil, and the engine was in much better condition. Just as advertised.


Which is speculation since AMSOIL WAS NOT USED IN THAT ENGINE, and the Ford is still running. Let me say again it could be valve seals, a leak, or both causing the issues. We don't know. Amsoil was used in the Chevy so Amsoil claims, but it was the Ford we were talking about, with Valvoline Dino!

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
The AMSOIL engine was taken apart when a valve keeper broke, not lubricant related. The owner found out later he could have put the engine back in.
"Measurements taken against manufacturer’s specifications indicated the engine was still in useable condition. In each of five categories, the engine tested within 1 percent of manufacturer’s original specifications for the engine." Compare to the Valvoline engine which required 1 quart of thicker than recommended oil every 700 or fewer miles with the addition of expensive oil additives. He was also using a 40 weight oil when Ford recommends a 5w-20 or 5w-30 weight oil, so he was likely using a thicker oil to reduce oil consumption and to make up for engine wear. He is adding an equivalent Valvoline oil change every 4200 miles, where the AMSOIL was doing 25,000 mile oil changes. So the AMSOIL engine used much less oil, and the engine was in much better condition. Just as advertised.



Big Bear was talking about Valvoline in the million mile Ford, you brought up this comment: Quote:

The AMSOIL engine was taken apart when a valve keeper broke, not lubricant related. The owner found out later he could have put the engine back in.
"Measurements taken against manufacturer’s specifications indicated the engine was still in useable condition. In each of five categories, the engine tested within 1 percent of manufacturer’s original specifications for the engine." Compare to the Valvoline engine which required 1 quart of thicker than recommended oil every 700 or fewer miles with the addition of expensive oil additives. He was also using a 40 weight oil when Ford recommends a 5w-20 or 5w-30 weight oil, so he was likely using a thicker oil to reduce oil consumption and to make up for engine wear. He is adding an equivalent Valvoline oil change every 4200 miles, where the AMSOIL was doing 25,000 mile oil changes. So the AMSOIL engine used much less oil, and the engine was in much better condition. Just as advertised.


Which is speculation since AMSOIL WAS NOT USED IN THAT ENGINE, and the Ford is still running. Let me say again it could be valve seals, a leak, or both causing the issues. We don't know. Amsoil was used in the Chevy so Amsoil claims, but it was the Ford we were talking about, with Valvoline Dino!

AD
Big Bear talked about both engines and both oils. Valvoline was used in the Ford that Big Bear was talking about. AMSOIL was used in the Chevy that Big Bear talked about. Same as I said. Same as the links we posted. Nothing was ever said about AMSOIL being used in the Ford engine. Not sure why you are so confused...
Tim, it is quite clear that you are trying to twist thing around, you are a real piece of work.

Its a fact that the Ford engine did not use Amsoil motor oil and instead used Valvoline, I do not want to here about the Ford guy using a thicker oil since your pathetic Amsoil Motor oil starts to thicken up at 7000 miles.

Its a fact that this guy who used Vavoline is not on the Valvoline Website but the Chevy van that used Amsoil is on the Amsoil site and the guy with the van is an amsoil dealer so I am going to have to say that there is some fishy stuff going on here. I do not know anyone who drives there car 120,000 miles a year and yes the Ford Van consumed or leaked some oil, so what, are you telling me that Chevy Van did not consume or use any oil.

Now you are stating that Ford recommends a 5W-20 or 5W-30 motor oil for this car and he used a thicker oil, well Ford does not recommend 1 year or a 35,000 mile OCI but you say its o.k. according to Amsoil.

Make up your mind Tim, are you going to go by Ford's recommendations or not, you need to apply the same rules to Valvoline as you do to Amsoil.

I do not care what Amsoil tested in that engine, since it looked real spotless I cannot see anything breaking, I think you guys cleaned up the engine, Amsoil is lying and trying to scam us. Tim, if you are so proud of this Bogus Amsoil test that Amsoil did on an Amsoil reps car then why didn't you bring this link to our attention. You did not bring it to our attention because you know it is really a fake.

You are telling me the Chevy engine which used Amsoil is in much better condition than the Ford motor that is still going strong, its gone 260,000 more miles on cheap dino than your Chevy engine went on the expensive Amsoil stuff.

You have provided no proof just a fraudulent Amsoil Sales Pitch, with all of the Cloak and Dagger Sales Techniques and Smoking Mirrors of Amsoil that has been exposed I believe everything in that Amsoil test about the Chevy engine with over 900,000 miles is made up.

Tim, why don't you bring this guy on here who drove that Chevy Van and we can ask him some questions, and if he does not come on then I know he is not telling the truth, so this guy better come on this board by Monday to answer our questions.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
Tim, it is quite clear that you are trying to twist thing around, you are a real piece of work.
Where did I try to twist things around? I just posted facts.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Its a fact that the Ford engine did not use Amsoil motor oil and instead used Valvoline, I do not want to here about the Ford guy using a thicker oil since your pathetic Amsoil Motor oil starts to thicken up at 7000 miles.
I'm sorry you don't want to hear about facts on what the Ford guy is using. You brought it up. Please post where the SSO is thickening up at 7,000 miles, which is far longer than the Ford/Valvoline guy is able to keep in his engine using a much thicker oil.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Its a fact that this guy who used Vavoline is not on the Valvoline Website but the Chevy van that used Amsoil is on the Amsoil site and the guy with the van is an amsoil dealer so I am going to have to say that there is some fishy stuff going on here. I do not know anyone who drives there car 120,000 miles a year and yes the Ford Van consumed or leaked some oil, so what, are you telling me that Chevy Van did not consume or use any oil.
I never said that. In fact I emailed the guy last night and asked. I'm sure it is nowhere near the 1 quart of much thicker Valvoline oil with aftermarket oil additives that the Ford/Valvoine guy uses every 700 miles.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Now you are stating that Ford recommends a 5W-20 or 5W-30 motor oil for this car and he used a thicker oil,
Yes, very good! He also used oil additives.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: well Ford does not recommend 1 year or a 35,000 mile OCI but you say its o.k. according to Amsoil.
Not for his application. AMSOIL recommends 17,500 miles/1 year for severe service like his.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Make up your mind Tim, are you going to go by Ford's recommendations or not, you need to apply the same rules to Valvoline as you do to Amsoil.
I would go by Ford's recommendations if I was using an oil other than AMSOIL. I do follow Ford's and AMSOIL's SAE viscosity recommendations for my Fords.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: I do not care what Amsoil tested in that engine, since it looked real spotless I cannot see anything breaking, I think you guys cleaned up the engine, Amsoil is lying and trying to scam us. Tim, if you are so proud of this Bogus Amsoil test that Amsoil did on an Amsoil reps car then why didn't you bring this link to our attention. You did not bring it to our attention because you know it is really a fake.
No one has ever proved that AMSOIL lied or scammed anyone in 38 years. I've brought this link up before. I guess you didn't bother to read it.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:You are telling me the Chevy engine which used Amsoil is in much better condition than the Ford motor that is still going strong, its gone 260,000 more miles on cheap dino than your Chevy engine went on the expensive Amsoil stuff.
Where did I say that? I would rather have a van that could easily make 900,000 miles with 27,500 to 30,000 severe service mile oil changes with an oil warranty, compared to one I would have to add a quart of oil every time I stopped for gas, plus uses expensive oil additives, and have no oil warranty.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: You have provided no proof just a fraudulent Amsoil Sales Pitch, with all of the Cloak and Dagger Sales Techniques and Smoking Mirrors of Amsoil that has been exposed I believe everything in that Amsoil test about the Chevy engine with over 900,000 miles is made up.
Well, put your money where your mouth is, take AMSOIL to court for fraud, and become a millionaire.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Tim, why don't you bring this guy on here who drove that Chevy Van and we can ask him some questions, and if he does not come on then I know he is not telling the truth, so this guy better come on this board by Monday to answer my many questions.
Feel free to ask him. He may not be available since last I heard he drives 110,000 to 120,000 miles a year.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...owprofile&User=26910

Captain Kirk, you posted 177 times on Bitog, yet you never posted in any Amsoil or Redline Threads. I am just wondering if the reason you are posting in this thread is to get back at Trajan for his posts in the Synlube Thread here on Noria.


Could be.

All his theories on oil have been exposed as false. Even his own links did that.

Simlube has been shown to be a scam.

Even his alter ego halibuton, who spent a great deal of time attacking those who questioned it, is afraid to use it. (That 8K required oci is an excuse.)

Kefurt is gone from the boards. kirk gone from the other. You'll notice that this inhaliburton, in the few posts he made there, never went into any synlube thread.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
1,000,000 miles using Valvoline dino. No sludge. No rebuild. No simlube.

Poor kirk. Another oil theory sunk.

Poor Tim. No need for Amsoil.

Poor Miro. Who needs a $32 bottle of sewage.

Porr inhaliburton. All that wasted posting defending sinlube.




POOR TRAJAN...........NO JOB....NO CAREER......NO WOMAN..........NO MONEY.....NO LIFE.......OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
1,000,000 miles using Valvoline dino. No sludge. No rebuild. No simlube.

Poor kirk. Another oil theory sunk.

Poor Tim. No need for Amsoil.

Poor Miro. Who needs a $32 bottle of sewage.

Porr inhaliburton. All that wasted posting defending sinlube.




POOR TRAJAN...........NO JOB....NO CAREER......NO WOMAN..........NO MONEY.....NO LIFE.......OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow Kirk, where do you get all your info from? You stated a while back you knew a lot about me, now Trajan. Just wondering that's all.

AD
http://neptune.spacebears.com/.../stories/amsoil.html

Mile 8000 -- Bryan Savage, May 1, 2004.
Oil/Vehicle miles: 8,130 / 39,106
Oil added after sample: none

A road trip caused us to miss our sample by a hair over 100 miles. At this point the oil looks black, like used oil ought to. It also continues to thicken up, and is now officially a 5W40 oil instead of the 5W30 we poured in there. Frankly, this annoys the heck out of us -- if we wanted a 40 weight oil in there, we would have bought a 40 weight oil -- and we would have quit right here, except it's not worth the din of hate mail we'd get.

Mile 14,000 -- Dick Brewster, December 2, 2004.
Oil/Vehicle miles: 13,994 / 44,970
Oil added after sample: none

This is it. Amsoil is done! The oil exceeded a year in service, with 14,000 miles on the ticker, and no filter change! Well, if the year hadn't ended, we would have had to change the filter now -- it finally reached our insolubles cap, 2,000 miles after Mobil 1. The main thing that stands out on this, our final Amsoil sample, is the ridiculous viscosity. This 5W30 oil has now thickened out to a 15W40 -- argue whether it matters if you like, but we believe engine builders spec an oil for a reason, and this oil is far, far thicker now than intended for the LS1. Switching to our flush Mobil 1 netted a nearly instant 10% improvement in fuel economy, and the engine runs a heckuva lot smoother too. To Amsoil's credit, wear metals remain in check, but we will soon see whether that was really thanks to the oil or just to engine break-in. We'll start posting detailed analysis in the coming weeks.

I want to put in Amsoil 5W-30 and run it 14,000 miles and have it turn into a 15W-40, no thanks.

Changing the oil netted a nearly 10% improvement in fuel economy, so go ahead and run an extended drain with Amsoil since you will not be saving any money at the gas pump.
I am not to happy with an oil thickening up and messing with my gas mileage.

If you loose 10% in gas mileage between 10,000 to 20,000 miles you will be spending $166.00 more in gas.

If you loose 10% gas mileage between 10,000 to 25,000 miles you will be spending $249.00 more on gas.

If this is the case, then are extended drains really saving me money.

A 5 quart jug of PYB is $13.25 with tax plus an oil filter for about $4.00, so $17.25 an oil change times 5 oil changes is $86.25

So lets just say 5 quarts of Amsoil and an oil filter come to $45.00

I would rather be spending $86.25 with PYB as opposed to Amsoil which would be $45.00 plus the extra $249.00 you will have to spend on gas.

So would you rather shell out $86.25 or $294.00

It sure does not seem like Extended Drains are saving you any money. There is a catch to everything in life, and Amsoil is not telling the whole story.
And I just love this line from there study: "We accept that for most people in most cars, regular old "dinosaur juice" mineral-based motor oil will work just fine. We have seen plenty of cars run beyond 150,000 miles and 200,000 miles using the stuff as long as the oil is changed regularly"

What was that someone has been saying about dino oil.....
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
But Bear it's Amsoil how could that happen? I'm sure an explaination is on the way!

AD



The 'ONLY' explanation, is you have no life,otherwise you'd be at wally world right now buying your favorite off the shelf stuff.

Instead,you choose to knock/mock everything and everyone on these boards just for your own personal amusement. At the moment,your target just happens to be Amsoil.

Enjoying your Saturday, attacking Amsoil. No one is really listening to your ridiculous Bull.
Just for the record,the so called million mile van engine is......................SHOT!!!!!

He's burning a quart every 700 miles. Of course he doesn't have to change/drain the oil........he's burning/replenishing it very often....10 quarts in 7,000 miles alone. DAH!

Once the EPA WAKES UP to this "VAN STORY"....that van will be off the road for emissions.


His quote about oil burning...


"I use about 1 quart of oil every 700 miles. Between oil changes I’m experimenting with Lucas Oil additive. It does seem to have slowed the oil burning down but only a little. I’m not sure if $12 per quart is worth just an extra 50 - 100 miles. "


Hey Buddy.........time for a new van!! Give it up! I can't breathe with all that exhaust smoke!
Life, I've been to more places, and done more than you can imagine Kirk, even with your Starship. The Navy has taken me to more places on this great earth in 4 years than most people will ever see in a lifetime, or more. Including Afghanistan 3 times. You're clueless dude! Clueless!

You got proof that engine is shot Kirk? Facts? Bad valve seals and a leak could be the problem. Lots of leakers on the road, they should be fixed though, so I'll give you that.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
problem. Lots of leakers on the road, they should be fixed though, so I'll give you that.

AD


Remember,the van owner said he was 'buring oil'...not leaking. The van by definition is....SHOT! Give me a break!

Moreover,he drives a 100k a year,which is not typical of the average driver. The engine sees very few cold start warmup cycles,stop and go etc. Even so......it's still shot.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
problem. Lots of leakers on the road, they should be fixed though, so I'll give you that.

AD


Remember,the van owner said he was 'buring oil'...not leaking. The van by definition is....SHOT! Give me a break!

Moreover,he drives a 100k a year,which is not typical of the average driver. The engine sees very few cold start warmup cycles,stop and go etc. Even so......it's still shot.


The Chevy van, and 3 million mile Volvo see very long trips as well. Loooooong trips w/o being shut off. So they're probably driven the same.

The Ford could very well be shot but it is still running. Not many people will log half those miles, let alone a quarter. BTW the Ford has the original tranny in it too.

The fact that he said he was burning oil could very well be stem seals. I've seen them rock hard, and break off in chunks. I'm willing to bet he has no stem seals at all, and if he replaced them oil use would be greatly reduced.

I'd love to see the insides of that engine.

AD
Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×