Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Kirk the simple fact is you have nothing...some people like yourself are just destined for that Kirk, nothing...

You don't even have your sanity left. How long have you been "out" now?? What meds are you on,how much counseling are you receiving. It's not enough apparently.

I would suggest you have a "talk" with your doctor,soon. Meanwhile........just breathe... s-l-o-w-l-y...and deep,nuke
quote:
Originally posted by wickedwiggy:
quote:
Beaten again Kirk?...You have no job, no house, a old vw and a v6 mustang....living large man congrats!!

trying to validate your life on-line?

And yet another oh so insightful comment on oil.

At least my question was answered. Don't hold kirk to the same level. So you're probably a fake account.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Kirk the simple fact is you have nothing...some people like yourself are just destined for that Kirk, nothing...

You don't even have your sanity left. How long have you been, "out" now,nuke? What meds are you on,how much counseling are you receiving. It's not enough apparently.

I would suggest you have a "talk" with your doctor,soon. Meanwhile........just breathe... s-l-o-w-l-y...and deep,nuke

Feeling better! Get those meds adjusted,hurry nuke......time is running out!
quote:
Well I'm glad we were able to cut to the truth Kirk you have no job, no home, and a couple of cars one which is a decade old.

Nuke.......,I am glad to see you are talking about yourself,again That's considered quite healthy,mentally speaking of course...for you.

Be sure to get those meds adjusted soon. When you get better........we can discuss going back to work,but first the meds,and then a doctors approval. We can only hope for the best,nuke!

Meanwhile,nuke,stay away from sharp objects!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Beaten again Kirk?...You have no job, no house, a old vw and a v6 mustang....living large man congrats!!

oh i am very real, i have been reading your posts for quite some time now. you have issues, major issues. the simple fact is, you are more interested in playing keyboard warrior than anything else. and btw my husband and i know quite a lot about both cars and bikes.my husband is in the automotive industry here in palm beach florida!!!
quote:
I was right...Kirk be careful as you apparently have no future...Thats OK...We knew that already...After all you represent Syngoop...And we all know that has died...Goodnight Kirk...I will see you tomorrow to administer more beatings!!!

If you come back tomorrow,nuke,the only "beatings",will be the ones you receive.

While you are sleeping off those donuts,and resting your now weary mind,I will now be using my Gym membership to maintain my 300 bench press I spoke of earlier. Surfs up! Water is now 73F.

Once we get those mental issues squared away,nuke,we can then work on the Physical issues you have as well,thanks to all those donuts.
quote:
wickedwiggy thanks you answered the question Kirk/hubby is a 'Professional Lube Tech'

you really have a vivid imagination. kirk is not my husband. but only you would think that because i pointed out how moronic you look. oh btw lmao at the beatings quote. you remind me of when i was in grade school. you look like the school yard bully!!!
quote:
Gym membership? I can afford my own equipment Kirk...I saw your pic/video Kirk...Your a goober. That 'wife' is a real winner as well I bet.
I told you before,no photo's/video of me on the net!

Nuke,I have my own equipment too,every guy that works out does. The gym is still better!

One LITTLE catch nuke..........YOU HAVE TO USE THE EQUIPMENT TO GET IN SHAPE.
quote:
wickedwiggy and you were the girl everybody had their way with...So many women follow oil forums after all...Well at least Kirk is predictable...1st Annie Oakley 2nd wickedwiggy...Gettin wiggy with it the boys did.

Nuke........I thought you said good-nite? Sugar high from the donuts keepin ya up! Or is it anger! Or both!
quote:
wickedwiggy and you were the girl everybody had their way with...So many women follow oil forums after all...Well at least Kirk is predictable...1st Annie Oakley 2nd wickedwiggy...Gettin wiggy with it the boys did.

ahh another insult. lmao you have no clue who i am or what i am about. i can see you have a really low IQ by your ridiculous insults. DO YOU REALLY THINK ONLY MEN KNOW ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE ISSUES? CATCH UP DUDE ITS 2010 NOT THE 1800'S
quote:
Being a 'professional lube tech' would explain your interest in oil kirk...

Put it this way,the place where I work,you wouldn't have clearance to get past the front.

Where I work,we have security clearance,badges,computers,labs,politicians,engineers,scientists,etc,etc. Need to know basis,if you catch my drift. It even has it's own zip code. NO,it's not out west,don't even try that one.
What are you about wickedwiggy? We have not seen a post concerning any oil, or oil related topic so I assume you have no interest in oil....So what are you about...Oh and so many 'women' use the 'dude' monicker...Just like Kirk as a matter of fact...But what can you expect from a lube tech...So tell us all wickedwiggy...inquiring minds want to kmow. What oil related topic interests you?
quote:
Kirk you imply Nasa? The KSC? Please tell us..BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.

Nuke...........Don't believe me. That works for me! The less you know.........the better!! You've already proven you can't handle the truth anyway!

Well,it's off to the Gym. Some of us have a life,and a Gym membership,and we know what to do with both!

SAY GOODNIGHT.........GRACIE!!!
What are you about wickedwiggy? We have not seen a post concerning any oil, or oil related topic so I assume you have no interest in oil....So what are you about...Oh and so many 'women' use the 'dude' monicker...Just like Kirk as a matter of fact...But what can you expect from a lube tech...So tell us all wickedwiggy...inquiring minds want to kmow. What oil related topic interests you?[/QUOTE

hmm where shall i start? how about the fact that we have had vettes from 1954 on up. the only corvette we didnt have was the 1953 proto-type. syn oil is good for high performance motors. and about syn vs natural oil, there are both pros and cons about each one. to each their own.
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh i am very real, i have been reading your posts for quite some time now. you have issues, major issues. the simple fact is, you are more interested in playing keyboard warrior than anything else. and btw my husband and i know quite a lot about both cars and bikes.my husband is in the automotive industry here in palm beach florida!!!

So you claim. And yet, no opinion of the subject at hand. Which is Redline oil.
quote:
quote:

ahh another insult. lmao you have no clue who i am or what i am about. i can see you have a really low IQ by your ridiculous insults. DO YOU REALLY THINK ONLY MEN KNOW ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE ISSUES? CATCH UP DUDE ITS 2010 NOT THE 1800'S

So your opinion of using Redline oil is..........
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you claim. And yet, no opinion of the subject at hand. Which is Redline oil.

lmao are you changing personnas? i am not claiming anything i am stating fact!!! and i did answer your question about red line (TO EACH THEIR OWN) can you comprehend that?
quote:
wICKEDWIGGY you should share your wonderful fortune of having every Corvette from 54 on with the folks on Corvetteforum.com

Why don't we meet their and you can share all your knowledge and experience. I am sure everyone their will have a 1000 questions for you.

well i will tell you what, you join the corvette club and i will discuss corvettes with you. and i do detect a bit of jealousy there on your reply. how long did it take you to google corvetteforum.com? lmaoooooooo
quote:
What are you about wickedwiggy? We have not seen a post concerning any oil, or oil related topic so I assume you have no interest in oil....So what are you about...Oh and so many 'women' use the 'dude' monicker...Just like Kirk as a matter of fact...But what can you expect from a lube tech...So tell us all wickedwiggy...inquiring minds want to kmow. What oil related topic interests you?[/QUOTE

hmm where shall i start? how about the fact that we have had vettes from 1954 on up. the only corvette we didnt have was the 1953 proto-type. syn oil is good for high performance motors. and about syn vs natural oil, there are both pros and cons about each one. to each their own.

http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/1953.php More than a prototype 'missy'

So ah, do you have any comments on Nuc favoring Redline? Or are, as you said "trying to validate your life on-line?", oh keyboard warrior.

10 posts so far. Not a single one of any use.

BTW, the subject is not synth vs dino, but Redline oil. Do try to keep up.
Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 (SL), 21,000 miles, !992 Ford Aerostar 3.0
Jan Richter Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
1992 Ford Aerostar 3.0 automatic.
112,000 miles on engine.
Oil Use Interval: 21,000 miles (mainly highway – less than 1 year)
Oil: Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 (SL)
Make-up oil added: 3.5 qts.

Blackstone's comments:
We think 21,000 miles on an oil is too long for this engine to handle. Please note the high amounts of chrome (rings), iron (steel parts sharing oil) and lead (bearings) that have left a lot of abrasive metals roaming inside the engine. Universal averages for typical wear are based on a 4,760 miles of oil use and a couple of short oil change intervals would clean up the V-6 in your Aerostar. Sodium was found and might be coolant seeping into the oil or is an additive in the oil. TBN was 2.1 (little active additive left – 1.0 is too low), Viscosity was in the 20W50 range. Check back to monitor.

Element This analysis Universal average

Aluminium...... 6 3
Chromium...... 6 1
Iron ............48 15
Copper..........8 5
Lead.............14 5
Tin ...............3 1
Molybdenum...10 38
Nickel............1 0
Manganese.....1 0
Silver.............0 0
Titanium.........0 0
Potassium.......2 1
Boron............22 48
Silicon............27 16
Sodium.........25 10
Calcium.........2448 2024
Magnesium.....795 223
Phosphorus.....858 759
Zinc..............1022 900
Barium............0 1

Values should be Tested values were

SUS viscosity @ 210F... 56-64 89.9
Flashpoint F ............... > 365 395
Fuel %....................... < 2.0 < 0.5
Antifreeze %............... 0 ?
Water %.................... 0.0 0.0
Insolubles %................ < 0.6 0.4

What would the UOA have been like if no make-up oil were needed and I had used the oil for the recommended 35,000 miles?

This engine has used Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 exclusively for the last 100,000 miles. I'm going to try Mobil 1 EP 5w30 next time.

I agree with the OP, if I had a UOA like that with Amsoil, I would definetly go too a different oil. Seems like there were alot of abrasives traveling around the engine from doing too long of an Extended Drain with Amsoil.

The oil went from a 0W-30 to a 20W-50, I think I will stay away from Amsoil.
quote:
quote:

http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/1953.php More than a prototype 'missy'

So ah, do you have any comments on Nuc favoring Redline? Or are, as you said "trying to validate your life on-line?", oh keyboard warrior.

10 posts so far. Not a single one of any use.

BTW, the subject is not synth vs dino, but Redline oil. Do try to keep up.

here is a little lesson the 1953 is a proto-type. http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/1953-4.php you need to learn a bit before you spout your BS
Wickedwiggy you need to read past Part 1...LOL...Don't worry Kirk has the same problem...Uuuh...They built 300 53's which were sold...They're still is 255 in existence...There was even an option pkg offered...Yes much more than the 'prototype' they only discuss in part 1...The link you site is known but their are others....I thought a 'vette' girl...LOL...would know this...
: Amsoil - no longer commenting on Base Oils [Re: 427Z06]
badtlc Offline

Loc: KC

Quote:

Quote:
She said "we don't comment on what base oils we use as that is proprietary information". This coupled with the rumor Amsoil is testing Group III's doesn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Amsoil is going the same route as Mobil 1.

Then I'll stop considering use of their products too. If a manufacturer won't give me at least some idea of what I'm receiving for my cash, I simply refuse to buy their product. While final product performance is the ultimate acknowledgment of efficacy, the quality of the ingredients often tell the tale.

So I see Amsoil has some info that is proprietary, maybe they can keep any test results proprietary since they are fraudulent and misleading.
'Wiggy' your stupidness is pathetic....This 'vette' girl doesn't even know this basic information....But she's owned every year? What a joke... You need to read links, NOT JUST THE 1ST PAGE...Are you aware of anything Corvette relared besides what you read in a link? Go to corvetteforum.com with your knowledge and claims...I want to read it when they laugh at you...I will just post this over they're as you won't go...Pathetic...
quote:
Wiggy your stupidness is pathetic....This 'vette' girl doesn't even know this basic information....But she's owned every year? What a joke.

ahh resorting to insults once again. i can see typing to you is useless. you cant even discuss things without the insults as with most of your comments. grow up and get a life and some intelligence!!!!!
quote:
'Wiggy' your stupidness is pathetic....This 'vette' girl doesn't even know this basic information....But she's owned every year? What a joke... You need to read links, NOT JUST THE 1ST PAGE...Are you aware of anything Corvette relared besides what you read in a link? Go to corvetteforum.com with your knowledge and claims...I want to read it when they laugh at you...I will just post this over they're as you won't go...Pathetic...

btw since you are the spelling nazi it's not they're it's there they're means they are
Does Amsoil have the best warranty in the industry [Re: buster]
DieselTech Offline

Loc: AZ
If that what you want to call it. I don't see how the oil itself can have a warranty. Amsoil says 25k but go through the uoa section and see how many made it. I doubt anybody calls requesting their money back.

In this case it would always be the vehicles fault or your driving habits.
Kirk/wiggy is a liar...The google search king implies that he has owned every Corvette...It wasn't aware until brought up it was a production model....This thing is simply a liar.

Trajan banned? I can just re-register their is no issue with multiple accounts here apparently...Apparently this tool MIRO/KIRK/AND NOW THE WOMAN WIGGY does it anyway....Wiggy the woman...The Corvette afficiando...Classic...
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 (SL), 21,000 miles, !992 Ford Aerostar 3.0
Jan Richter Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
1992 Ford Aerostar 3.0 automatic.
112,000 miles on engine.
Oil Use Interval: 21,000 miles (mainly highway – less than 1 year)
Oil: Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 (SL)
Make-up oil added: 3.5 qts.

Blackstone's comments:
We think 21,000 miles on an oil is too long for this engine to handle. Please note the high amounts of chrome (rings), iron (steel parts sharing oil) and lead (bearings) that have left a lot of abrasive metals roaming inside the engine. Universal averages for typical wear are based on a 4,760 miles of oil use and a couple of short oil change intervals would clean up the V-6 in your Aerostar. Sodium was found and might be coolant seeping into the oil or is an additive in the oil. TBN was 2.1 (little active additive left – 1.0 is too low), Viscosity was in the 20W50 range. Check back to monitor.

Element This analysis Universal average

Aluminium...... 6 3
Chromium...... 6 1
Iron ............48 15
Copper..........8 5
Lead.............14 5
Tin ...............3 1
Molybdenum...10 38
Nickel............1 0
Manganese.....1 0
Silver.............0 0
Titanium.........0 0
Potassium.......2 1
Boron............22 48
Silicon............27 16
Sodium.........25 10
Calcium.........2448 2024
Magnesium.....795 223
Phosphorus.....858 759
Zinc..............1022 900
Barium............0 1

Values should be Tested values were

SUS viscosity @ 210F... 56-64 89.9
Flashpoint F ............... > 365 395
Fuel %....................... < 2.0 < 0.5
Antifreeze %............... 0 ?
Water %.................... 0.0 0.0
Insolubles %................ < 0.6 0.4

What would the UOA have been like if no make-up oil were needed and I had used the oil for the recommended 35,000 miles?

This engine has used Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 exclusively for the last 100,000 miles. I'm going to try Mobil 1 EP 5w30 next time.

I agree with the OP, if I had a UOA like that with Amsoil, I would definetly go too a different oil. Seems like there were alot of abrasives traveling around the engine from doing too long of an Extended Drain with Amsoil.

The oil went from a 0W-30 to a 20W-50, I think I will stay away from Amsoil.
Looks like coolant and dirt leaking into the oil. Looks like 4.4 times the universal average for an oil change interval, yet only had 3 times the wear, so the wear per mile was only about 70% of the universal oil wear. Not bad. Especially if contaminated with coolant and high insolubles. Silicon high indicating dirt coming through air filter.

I noticed you left out "I am currently doing an Auto-Rx treatment." Which is against AMSOIL's instructions to not use oil additives. You also left out "Note that I am using a K&N oiled air filter but I noticed the filter housing box might have been letting in some unfiltered air." from the original posting. K&N oiled air filters are known to allow dust into the engine oil which can also increase engine wear and oil viscosity, overload the oil filter with dust particles causing it to go into bypass, and why the insolubles may be high. I would not recommend running extended oil change intervals with a K&N air filter.

Also, the OP was from LA. If you have ever driven the highways in LA, you know that constitutes Severe Service (lots of stop and go, low speeds, idling, higher engine temperatures), which AMSOIL lists for 17,500 miles. So the OP went 3500 miles over that limit.

In spite of all these problems, the AMSOIL held up very well producing low wear metals in extended Severe Service use in a vehicle with some mechanical and filtration issues. Not bad for an obsolete AMSOIL product that was improved upon in 2007 as SSO. Performed as advertised. Again and again, for 38 years.
Last edited by timvipond
quote:
: Amsoil - no longer commenting on Base Oils [Re: 427Z06]
badtlc Offline

Loc: KC

Quote:

Quote:
She said "we don't comment on what base oils we use as that is proprietary information". This coupled with the rumor Amsoil is testing Group III's doesn't surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me if Amsoil is going the same route as Mobil 1.

Then I'll stop considering use of their products too. If a manufacturer won't give me at least some idea of what I'm receiving for my cash, I simply refuse to buy their product. While final product performance is the ultimate acknowledgment of efficacy, the quality of the ingredients often tell the tale.

So I see Amsoil has some info that is proprietary, maybe they can keep any test results proprietary since they are fraudulent and misleading.

Do you have the link for above?

What test results have been proven fraudulent?

From the AMSOIL FAQs http://www.amsoil.com/frequent.aspx?zo=1181889 :

"What types of synthetic base oils does AMSOL use?

Answer: As the developer of the world's first API qualified synthetic motor oil in 1972, AMSOIL has gained more experience than any other oil company in formulating automotive synthetic lubricants. It is this extensive experience that provides the ability to maximize product performance through use of a full range of high-performance synthetic base oils, most notably polyalphaolefin (PAO). AMSOIL views synthetic base oils the same as it views additives, with each having its own set of unique properties. AMSOIL engineers its lubricants with the synthetic base oil or combination of base oils best suited to a specific lubricant’s application demands (gasoline, diesel, racing, transmission, gear, extended drain, extreme temperature, etc.).

AMSOIL INC. maintains an unwavering commitment to provide products that outperform the competition and deliver maximum benefits to all AMSOIL customers. Performance is the bottom line."
Last edited by timvipond
quote:
Kirk/wiggy is a liar...The google search king implies that he has owned every Corvette...It wasn't aware until brought up it was a production model....This thing is simply a liar.

Trajan banned? I can just re-register their is no issue with multiple accounts here apparently...Apparently this tool MIRO/KIRK/AND NOW THE WOMAN WIGGY does it anyway....Wiggy the woman...The Corvette afficiando...Classic...

I suppose so. The fake poster hasn't done anything but attack. and it's obvious to all but a fetus what its agenda is......

Notice how it did not whine about kirk/inhal/annie/miro antics. No comment on your use of Redline either

The 300 1953 vettes were not prototypes. That was the first model year.

By its logic, the 10,660 Model Ts produced in its first year of 1909 were all prototypes.
quote:

first off nuc i didnt ban you. second off i knew it was in production as stated in my first post about corvettes umm what dont you understand about " we never did get a 1953 proto type" and third of all i never said we bought every corvette from 1954. i said " we bought from 1954 on up" not every corvette there after. apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension. among other issues. NOW GET OVER YOURSELF!!!
btw do you always type in the third person? i think you should have that issue checked out by a dr.

"Trajan banned? I can just re-register their is no issue with multiple accounts "
lmao you typed to yourself in most of your posts.
as shown below.

Trajan
Level 5 - 501 to 1000 posts
Posted Tue June 08 2010 10:59 PM Hide Post
You're giving this fake poster what it wants Nuc. (Edit that last line.)

That's the only reason it's here, to provoke you enough that you get banned.

BMW: The Ultimate Driving Machine
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Interesting info Bear, thanks for posting it. I'm laying low and enjoying the show. That UOA for the 92 Aerostar you posted was pretty bad, ouch!

Just a heads up, Amsoil will probably blame Sodium or something along those lines. Smile

AD

AD, isn't it strange that when a good UOA on Amsoil shows up that the Amsoil reps chime in and basically say how great there oil is doing.

Then again when a UOA on Amsoil shows up bad, they blame something else like a bad air filter letting in dirt or maybe some coolant leak or anything else they can think of, they never hold there oil accountable. So AD, isn't it safe to say that if you have a Warranty Claim with Amsoil they will blame something else as opposed to there oil, I have never seen Pablo or Gary chime in a thread about a bad Amsoil UOA and blame there Amsoil Motor Oil, they always come up with a different excuse.

So if the motor oil is not causing the bad UOA, why are people spending so much money on Amsoil when they can just go out and buy a cheaper oil that will give them the same UOA as using Amsoil.

I find it strange that Amsoil frowns on oil additives when one of there Amsoil Dealers is a moderator on the auto-rx forum, seems to me that Amsoil Dealers do whatever they want which probably means they will say anything to push there products so they can line there pockets with your money.

Good UOA, Amsoil says it's there oil.
Bad UOA, Amsoil says its not there oil.

Its starting to seem like auto-rx and Amsoil have something in common, I can remember when arx users did not get results, they blamed the customer, but if they reported something positive they were happy and basically raved about how great there product was doing.
quote:

AD, isn't it strange that when a good UOA on Amsoil shows up that the Amsoil reps chime in and basically say how great there oil is doing.
Not strange at all. AMSOIL has never had an oil related failure in 38 years. Millions of oil changes and over a billion miles of used oil analyses also confirm.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:Then again when a UOA on Amsoil shows up bad, they blame something else like a bad air filter letting in dirt or maybe some coolant leak or anything else they can think of, they never hold there oil accountable.
When the used oil analysis shows a coolant leak and dirt and the owner admits to using a leaky K&N filter, and the owner admits going 3500 miles over the AMSOIL change interval, it is pretty easy to figure out that the oil is not to blame.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: So AD, isn't it safe to say that if you have a Warranty Claim with Amsoil they will blame something else as opposed to there oil, I have never seen Pablo or Gary chime in a thread about a bad Amsoil UOA and blame there Amsoil Motor Oil, they always come up with a different excuse.
And why should AMSOIL pay for something that the oil did not cause?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: So if the motor oil is not causing the bad UOA, why are people spending so much money on Amsoil when they can just go out and buy a cheaper oil that will give them the same UOA as using Amsoil.
More and more people are buying AMSOIL because they want the best base oils blended with the best additive packages that is warranted longer than any other oil and never voided a warranty, with a lower cost per warranted mile than any other oil. Basically, it saves them time and money and gives them "peace of mind". That is why I use it, as well as hundreds of my customers, and over 1,500 government agencies.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: I find it strange that Amsoil frowns on oil additives when one of there Amsoil Dealers is a moderator on the auto-rx forum, seems to me that Amsoil Dealers do whatever they want which probably means they will say anything to push there products so they can line there pockets with your money.
AMSOIL dealers have their own business. They are not AMSOIL employees. They can sell any products they wish.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Good UOA, Amsoil says it's there oil.
Bad UOA, Amsoil says its not there oil.
The "bad" UOA's you've shown have had evidence of contamination, oil additives, and not following AMSOIL instructions. Yet, even with all of these, the AMSOIL has shown lower metal wear per mile than the universal averages. Looks like good oil to me. It has performed as advertised for 38 years.
Well most any Amsoil people I have dealt with are honest and fair but every once and a while you meet one who is doing everything out of A.J.'s book and then some. Here is a post with a guy/dealer toughting Amsoil as the best which is just fine but what about the other little half truths and even the Mobil 1 lie he tells of ?

quote: Stangers

I am an engineer and have gotten to be friends with a Ford engineer who has done some work for Rousch. Get what NASCAR uses!!!!!!!!

Synthetic oils are great: Mobile 1 is a blend of synthetic and petro, so you still have to change it often. Castrol is a highly refined petro so once again you must drain it often.

Does thousands of miles to the life of your stang intrest you (with drain intervals of 25000-35000 miles)....Contact me and I will get you info on the first synthetic oil made. Its the reason M1 and others have come up with syn oils to help grab some of the market.

Save $$ for those expensive afmkt parts. Become an educated consumer and make your own decision.

Emery

This is the kind of stuff that makes people hate Amsoil and think it is just another slick 50.

BTW I am a user and retail seller of Amsoil but this just makes it harder to sell to people when they get all confused about what is true and what tests matter in regards to syn oil.

Sneaky Amsoil Salesmen
hk33ka1 Offline

Loc: Ontario
Lately I have noticed on a few dealer websites that they are saying that Exxon/Mobil is involved in alledged Human rights violations around the world and providing links to pages containing these allegations. They are saying E/M are doing bad things so you should not buy from and support them, but Amsoil is ok and made in USA. If this is the way a customer feels, then what if they knew about Amsoil buying base stocks from E/M. They are still supporting this "alledged" evil company (E/M).

: Sneaky Amsoil Salesmen
buster Online content

Loc: NJ
Amsoil makes some good products but I sometimes can't stand their dealers. (Not Pablo,msparks,TS). Over the weekend I spoke with a Direct Jobber who has a huge trailor with Amsoil Oils in it. We were talking about Redline now being available at Advance Auto Parts. I asked him what he thought of it. This was his response: "It sucks. We had them beat years ago. I have the 4-ball wear data around somewhere." [Roll Eyes]

This is the same guy who told me Mobil 1 turns to gell in Toyotas and that a tractor trailor made it across Death Valley California, 400 miles, with no coolant bc the oil was keeping the engine cool enough. He is a nice guy but enough is enough....geezzz.. [Roll Eyes] And to think he is training local dealers and spreading this kind of [censored] around is scary.

TS, Pablo, and msparks are in a league of their own and are true professionals. These other guys are a piece...

No offense guys' but I sometimes wish Amsoil would go retail and get rid of these dealers....they have nothing to offer but [censored] and make it more difficult to find the product. [Frown]

: AMSOIL???
sbc350gearhead Offline

Loc: Columbus Ohio
Honestly........the major oil players, don't see amsoil as a threat. More quarts of mobil 1 are sold in a day, than quarts of amsoil in a year.

I will just make my life easier by purchasing Pennzoil Platinum and I will not even consider using Amsoil's Motor Oil's until they get rid of there dealers and go retail.
I don't get the "I hate Amsoil Salesman"..so I will not buy any of their products.....mentality.

Go into any car dealer,and you will find horrible car salesmen across the board. The same can be said for any product or service. Get over it! Stop whining! They are not putting a gun to your head. Do your own very solid research,and then buy.

Who cares about bad,or pushy salesman. I only care about bad products,or services.

Would you rather buy a lousy product that a great salesman sold you,or a great product that a lousy salesman sold you.

In the end,Buy the best,and forget the rest. I never whine about bad salesman because I do the research first. The salesman to me is just.......an order taker.

If you can't handle the "pressure",buy everything online.
quote:

I will just make my life easier by purchasing Pennzoil Platinum and I will not even consider using Amsoil's Motor Oil's until they get rid of there dealers and go retail.
That's fine. I will just make my life easier by saving time and money purchasing American owned AMSOIL and will not even consider using Dutch owned Pennzoil Platinum until they recommend and warranty that oil past 4,000 miles/4 months and for more than 15 parts and outperform AMSOIL in undisputed ASTM tests.
Last edited by timvipond
Fighting words from - AJ "AL" Amatuzio
buster Online content

Loc: NJ

quote:The one thing I know for a fact is that no other oil company is going to make a better extended drain motor oil than we make, period. They won't because they will formulate down to a price rather than up to our standards. It is more expensive to make the best oil on the market, and they will not cut into their profit margins to do it.

- Action News January Issue

Fighting words from - AJ "AL" Amatuzio
moribundman Offline

quote: The one thing I know for a fact is that no other oil company is going to make a better extended drain motor oil than we make, period.

It must be nice to have a working crystal ball. [Razz]

quote:They won't because they will formulate down to a price rather than up to our standards. It is more expensive to make the best oil on the market, and they will not cut into their profit margins to do it.

A philanthropist who sells his oil for marginal profit. Cool. [Razz]

This is how I interpret his statement, which is nothing but meaningless rhetoric: "Despite our superior formulation, our extended drain oil isn't worse than the competition's." Makes sense? [Wink]
quote:

This is how I interpret his statement, which is nothing but meaningless rhetoric: "Despite our superior formulation, our extended drain oil isn't worse than the competition's." Makes sense? [Wink]
It might if the competition ever makes a 35,000 mile/1 year warranted product that equals AMSOIL in undisputed ASTM testing. The competition has had 38 years to try, but can't even warranty a 25,000 mile/1 year oil. Hopefully some day......
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:

It might if the competition ever makes a 35,000 mile/1 year warranted product that equals AMSOIL in undisputed ASTM testing. The competition has had 38 years to try, but can't even warranty a 25,000 mile/1 year oil. Hopefully some day......

Sorry to say that Amsoil does not have any undisputed ASTM testing, they just go down to the lab they own, think it is called Oil Analyzers Inc. and just write up whatever they want.

Of course a lab tech down there could actually present Big Al with factual test results, but as we all know Big Al will probably ask the lab tech to change the numbers to make Amsoil look good, of course he will not refuse, since he knows Big Al is the one who signs his checks.

Back in the 1920's Chicago had Al Capone and today Superior, Wisconsin has Big Al, the Head of the Amsoil Family.

Big Al is the Godfather of Motor Oil's.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to say that Amsoil does not have any undisputed ASTM testing, they just go down to the lab they own, think it is called Oil Analyzers Inc. and just write up whatever they want.

Of course a lab tech down there could actually present Big Al with factual test results, but as we all know Big Al will probably ask the lab tech to change the numbers to make Amsoil look good, of course he will not refuse, since he knows Big Al is the one who signs his checks.

Back in the 1920's Chicago had Al Capone and today Superior, Wisconsin has Big Al, the Head of the Amsoil Family.

Big Al is the Godfather of Motor Oil's.

Don't forget, we also have.............Big Bear.......and his......Big Mouth.......run by his......."little".......brain.
Al Amatuzio and Bobby Unsers Discussions!
LargeCarManX2 Offline

Loc: Up here in Idaho!
Hey Al, my 1940 Rear end in my Pikes peak car keeps breaking rear ends during the races. My team can't find parts and they must machine the gears to fix the rear end often. Do you have a oil that can fix my problems? Well, yes Bobby. I will send you some. Hey Al, problem fixed this rear end just ain't breakin anymore.

Hey Bobby, by the way...did you ever change the oil in your 40 year old tractor? Hey Al, no...changed it years ago and I change the filters regularly, so why throw away good oil? That stuff you make lasts forever."

These statements are kinda funny....at least to me? They are true...according to AJ in his latest "From the Presidents Desk"

BMW has also proven that "seasoned" motor oil protects the engine better than virgin oil,and strongly discourages against changing too soon.

Extended oil changes with premium oil/filters is always the best way to go.

This link supports this fact.....this information has been know for some time now!

http://www.apriliaforum.com/fo...wthread.php?t=135966
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 48191

Default Amsoil Answers.
I purchased the car at 60k miles that was serviced by Audi. So I imagine dino oil was used for the first 60k. After which I changed to Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 synthetic. It exceeds all SAE recommended specs per their specifications. Here's my OCI history. Note: Amsoil Series 2000 states that you can double OCI from OEM on turbo models (20,000 miles in this scenario.)

60k - Change to Amsoil Series 2000 and Amsoil oil filter.
70k - Change oil filter with Amsoil oil filter, top off w/ ~1qt Amsoil Series 2000 0w30.
~77K - Due to an extended run at 130mph on the interstate, lost 1qt of oil due to blow-by, topped off with Mobil 1 0w40.
80k - Changed to Amsoil Series 2000 and Amsoil oil filter.
93k - Change oil filter with Amsoil oil filter, top off with ~1qt Amsoil Series 2000 0w30.
105k - Oil was changed by new owner (been in close contact with him) with Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 and some unknown oil filter. Oil light came on.

Note, except for the oil-blow at the high speed run, not a drop of oil was burnt.
I have run Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 in several cars (non-turbo) with the recommended 36k mile OCI and the engines still perform flawlessly. I do believe that if it is indeed sludge, it's build up from the 60k miles I cannot account for. It's known that Amsoil has cleaning properties and it's possible it may have been dislodging sludge and clogging the pump up slowly. I hope.

I feel guilty that he has had the car for less than 1 mo and this has happened, so I feel compelled to help him out. If it were still mine I would have already had AutoRx in it before this had occured.

Will AMSoil warranty cover this???
Audi Junkie Offline

Loc: PA, USA
40k, 1.8t, AMSoil 0w-30. Assuming he met mfg oci of 10k, wouldn't AMSoil cover the repair? Or will he get denied factory warranty for using non-spec oil?

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/895366.phtml
quote:
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 48191

Default Amsoil Answers.
I purchased the car at 60k miles that was serviced by Audi. So I imagine dino oil was used for the first 60k. After which I changed to Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 synthetic. It exceeds all SAE recommended specs per their specifications. Here's my OCI history. Note: Amsoil Series 2000 states that you can double OCI from OEM on turbo models (20,000 miles in this scenario.)

60k - Change to Amsoil Series 2000 and Amsoil oil filter.
70k - Change oil filter with Amsoil oil filter, top off w/ ~1qt Amsoil Series 2000 0w30.
~77K - Due to an extended run at 130mph on the interstate, lost 1qt of oil due to blow-by, topped off with Mobil 1 0w40.
80k - Changed to Amsoil Series 2000 and Amsoil oil filter.
93k - Change oil filter with Amsoil oil filter, top off with ~1qt Amsoil Series 2000 0w30.
105k - Oil was changed by new owner (been in close contact with him) with Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 and some unknown oil filter. Oil light came on.

Note, except for the oil-blow at the high speed run, not a drop of oil was burnt.
I have run Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 in several cars (non-turbo) with the recommended 36k mile OCI and the engines still perform flawlessly. I do believe that if it is indeed sludge, it's build up from the 60k miles I cannot account for. It's known that Amsoil has cleaning properties and it's possible it may have been dislodging sludge and clogging the pump up slowly. I hope.

I feel guilty that he has had the car for less than 1 mo and this has happened, so I feel compelled to help him out. If it were still mine I would have already had AutoRx in it before this had occured.

Will AMSoil warranty cover this???
Audi Junkie Offline

Loc: PA, USA
40k, 1.8t, AMSoil 0w-30. Assuming he met mfg oci of 10k, wouldn't AMSoil cover the repair? Or will he get denied factory warranty for using non-spec oil?

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/895366.phtml

HEY BIG BEAR.........THIS LINK IS FIVE YEARS OLD AND IS ONLY A "STORY",WITH NO ANSWER!

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE LINK?

I have the same EXACT ENGINE in one of my cars,with almost 70k,using synlube in my case. NO ISSUES.

However,this is 5 years old,and one car out of millions. SO WHAT! BRAND NEW ENGINES HAVE ISSUES!

ALL This talk about using Amsoil is about putting the odds in favor of having no engine issues. NO OIL CAN GUARANTEE EVERY CAR IN AMERICA/THE WORLD, WILL BE PERFECT FOREVER,ESPECIALLY IN THE HANDS OF IDIOTS!

However........the most important thing of All. He used the WRONG GRADE FOR THE ENGINE.......THIS ENGINE CALLS FOR 5W-40.

He then races the car at 130 MPH...FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD....WITH THE WRONG WEIGHT.

These engines(1.8t-turbo) are known to use some oil even with the heavier weights,let alone 0w-30.

Had this car been driven around town,0w-30 MAY have worked,but 5w-40,synthetic(100%) is still best.

The second owner may have according to the post, installed the wrong filter.

The car was also purchased used with 60K on the clock already........these are known sludge monsters. Damage may have been done already. Car was then raced at 130 with wrong weight.

THE CORRECT OIL FOR THE ENGINE,ESPECIALLY IF RACING IT, WOULD BE..

http://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?code=AFLQT-EA

The oil installed in GERMANY BEFORE SHIPPED TO AMERICA IS PENTOSIN I BELIEVE.

http://www.crpindustries.com/pentosin/f_motoroil.asp

The issue with these engines occur when the "American" dealers install their bulk oil of choice. The 10,000 mile oil change interval is based on pentosin,not bulk oil......hence the sludge issues,and engine damage,lawsuits,etc.

Another link about this

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng96.shtml

IN SUM........THIS IS A MOST RIDICULOUS/LUDICROUS/MEANINGLESS EXAMPLE,BIG BEAR!!!! IT'S OBVIOUS YOU'RE JUST ATTACKING/SMEARING AMSOIL.
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to say, all of AMSOIL's data has been undisputed for 38 years. AMSOIL publishes the batch numbers for competitor oils and the ASTM methods run. The other oil companies likely duplicated the tests and test results, so they can't say anything is incorrect. The other oil companies would love to show the data is wrong but they haven't been able to for 38 years.
I see you are defending Amsoil, I'll have you know that this thread on BITOG was LOCKED.

The guy used Amsoil for 30,000 miles and his engine developed problems, in this case running an extended drain with Amsoil was not a good idea.

I am not the one that started the thread on Bitog, if you are upset about it then go after the guy that started the thread, everything I have found on Bitog was started by other members.

You think I am running a smear campaign against Amsoil, I am just exposing Amsoil for what it really is, a company that touts extended drains without warning there customers about what they need to know or what they need to be doing.

Look back at the 1st page in this thread and you can see who attacked Redline 1st, it was a Rogue Amsoil Salesman, so if he is going to attack Redline, then I will defend Redline and expose Amsoil.

You can go ahead and attack me like you have attacked Trajan and Nucleardawg, the Bear could care less, but the Bear will definetly hunt down any bad Amsoil Threads that he can find.

Kirk, its quite obvious that you are Trolling in this Thread and you want to get back at Trajan, so keep playing your game while Amsoil keeps getting exposed for its reckless Marketing.
quote:
I see you are defending Amsoil, I'll have you know that this thread on BITOG was LOCKED.

The guy used Amsoil for 30,000 miles and his engine developed problems, in this case running an extended drain with Amsoil was not a good idea.

I am not the one that started the thread on Bitog, if you are upset about it then go after the guy that started the thread, everything I have found on Bitog was started by other members.

You think I am running a smear campaign against Amsoil, I am just exposing Amsoil for what it really is, a company that touts extended drains without warning there customers about what they need to know or what they need to be doing.

Look back at the 1st page in this thread and you can see who attacked Redline 1st, it was a Rogue Amsoil Salesman, so if he is going to attack Redline, then I will defend Redline and expose Amsoil.

You can go ahead and attack me like you have attacked Trajan and Nucleardawg, the Bear could care less, but the Bear will definetly hunt down any bad Amsoil Threads that he can find.

Kirk, its quite obvious that you are Trolling in this Thread and you want to get back at Trajan, so keep playing your game while Amsoil keeps getting exposed for its reckless Marketing.

THE ONLY TROLL IS YOU,BIG BEAR/TRAJAN

This Audi story is just that........a one time story,not a trend,not a pattern.......AGAIN.........WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Moreover,the owner was racing the car...HARD. That qualifies for severe driving. He not only abused his car,but the oil as well by not changing at the proper,severe interval. He also used the wrong grade. Car was bought used at 60k. At 105k,oil light comes on with wrong filter and second owner. AND,your point is..........

WHO CARES WHAT THREAD 'HELEN',LOCKS. A LOCKED THREAD PROVES NOTHING,EXCEPT ANNOYED MODERATOR. IT'S ONLY A THREAD. WHAT IS YOUR POINT THERE AS WELL??

The only person/thing getting exposed is......YOU..Big Bear=trajan= nuke.

We all can see you are absolutely trying to smear amsoil,your posts speak volumes.

Your smear campaign is failing miserably because the positive evidence with this lube is stacked against your smear campaign....leaps and bounds.

Those 'smear' posts of yours are pitiful.

Show me a negative trend line against amsoil,which you can't,and we will stop laughing at those desperate posts/links,that prove nothing,except how not to treat a car maybe.

Even if the previous owner had done everything spot on.........and still 'beat the car",and raced the car...........how long should/could it last. However,he did everything wrong,including......trash the car,and it still made a 105k,until the oil light came on. Even so,why did the light come on,and what was the final outcome. Maybe the wrong filter made the light come on,maybe the engine is ok.

In sum.............I don't know what happened to that engine,and why,do you??? All we know is....the light came on. END OF STORY!
quote:

..... so keep playing your game while Amsoil keeps getting exposed for its reckless Marketing.

So where did I ever attack Red Line? And you have yet to show any reckless AMSOIL marketing. So far, you've only proven it has worked as advertised for 38 years.
quote:
quote:

..... so keep playing your game while Amsoil keeps getting exposed for its reckless Marketing.

So where did I ever attack Red Line? And you have yet to show any reckless AMSOIL marketing. So far, you've only proven it has worked as advertised for 38 years.

You attacked Redline with your Bogus Amsoil Test that was made up and signed off by Big Al, Amsoil owns Oil Analyzers so they can makeup any test results that they want and try to pass it off as a Valid Test, I am onto what is going on at Amsoil Headquarters, they control everything. Amsoil has there own Oil Analysis Business so they can try and show a legitimate test from a lab, and you know why the other oil companies do not care, its probably becuase Amsoil is not eating into there market share. I see everything that Amsoil posts as pure marketing with bogus facts to sucker the consumer into buying there products.

I am not the only one that is not buying what the Godfather from Superior, Michigan is spelling out for his Lieutenant Amsoil Salesman to say to us, there are over 10,000 views on Bitog in a thread called a " Reason Not To Use Amsoil "

Amsoil started out in 1972, when did the movie called the Godfather come out, I think it was 1973, this whole Amsoil Business is run just like the Mafia where they controlled everything. Amsoil is not paying for any tests that would show there product is worse than the competition, it seems some of these Amsoil Dealers are just bullies and thugs who will trash other oil companies in an attempt to push there agenda, we want what is best for our cars, and not what is best for Godfather Al.
Don't confuse me with the Bear my ignominious little troll.

As you have yet again failed to read the thread, I'll spell it out for you.

I don't use Amsoil because......... wait for it............ it is not on the BMW approval list. I listed it earlier.

I don't use Redline either because........... wait for it............it is not on the BMW approval list. I listed it earlier.

I don't use that synlube swill because.................wait for it..................it's a scam. Don't blame me that your tin god has fallen.
quote:

I don't use Amsoil because......... wait for it............ it is not on the BMW approval list. I listed it earlier.

I don't use Redline either because........... wait for it............it is not on the BMW approval list. I listed it earlier.

I don't use that synlube swill because.................wait for it..................it's a scam. Don't blame me that your tin god has fallen.

OK, I'll play this game too

I don't use Amsoil anymore becuause it is overhyped and not worth the price.

I don't use Redline because I feel it is for high performance driving.

I don't use Synlube because there is no way I will leave motor oil in my engine for 50,000 miles.
quote:
quote:

OK, I'll play this game too

I don't use Amsoil anymore becuause it is overhyped and not worth the price.

I don't use Redline because I feel it is for high performance driving.

I don't use Synlube because there is no way I will leave motor oil in my engine for 50,000 miles.

And that, is all the reason you need. Won't be enough for the trolls, but that's their problem. Not ours.
Lets see.

I don't use Amsoil because, it is over priced, and overhyped.

I won't use Amsoil because it is over sold. Sometimes by people who have no clue about what they are selling, and read from a book to make recommendations, but have no knowledge if they are making the correct recommendations. $35 gives anyone the right to sell the product to help make ends meet. Many of these people are not experts by any stretch of the imagination.

I won't use Amsoil because, I feel the warranty has more holes in it than the Titanic, making it extremely easy for Amsoil to jump ship in the event of a problem.

I won't use Amsoil because they made claims their so call 25,000 mile Honda and Toyota filters were proven at the expense of the consumer that they can't make 25,000 miles, even under conditions stated safe by Amsoil. A new filter and a pat on the back makes it OK if an oil light comes on. Meanwhile damage might have been done, and the whole thing is down played. No thanks!

I don't use Amsoil because their flagship top of the line products are not API certified. I'm not going to rely on their warranty or some law if I have a problem.

I don't use Amsoil because, I don't believe in the product, and I feel there are better products for less.

I don't use Amsoil because their PC fee is unethical. Some dealers can waive it, yet others charge it. To me it is a sucker tool for extra profits. That has been proven by comments in this thread that the fee can be waived and it is up to the dealer. BIG TURN OFF.

I will now never use Amsoil because of this thread. I have more reasons, but these are a few of the major issues I have.

JMO!!!!!!!!!!!

AD
Last edited by adfd1
You will not believe this, I Googled "Tim Vipond" and I got Tim Vipond Banned to come up, if you are in disbelief, then go ahead and Google:

Tim Vipond Banned

http://boards.straightdope.com...wthread.php?t=526579

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/sh...=132602&postcount=47

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12696

#
Shell Rotella oil is now officially JASO MA - Page 17 - TWT Forums
16 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Feb 1
Timmy has been banned from several automotive and motorcycle forums. ... Example: "Tim Vipond keeps trying to peddle his Amsoil product and ...
www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=708718
Get more discussion results
#
Shell Rotella oil is now officially JASO MA - Page 18 - TWT Forums
5 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Feb 1
Tim Vipond is online now ... The Ford Truck forum banned in eight days! WOW! ... Tim, how many forums have you been banned from? ...
www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=708792
Show more results from www.twtex.com

http://www.titanowners.com/for...index.php/t-162.html
http://bike-talk.com/forum/mot...ynthetic-oils-2.html

Randy
Apr 4th, 2008, 3:27 pm
I must say you offered him the chance to vendor up and he turned it down, that is HIS bad. FrownActually he did 'vendor up' and still failed to refrain from commercial postings within the general forums. We refunded his money and removed his vendor forum after he failed to play within the rules, even after repeated warnings.

He has had many, many warnings about using these forums to conduct business and has proven to be totally incapable of following the rules. While some might believe he provided a 'wealth of information', the majority of the time it was regurgitating information that was designed to present his product in a positive light. While the information may or may not have been accurate, it was most certainly presented to promote his products.

We authored a set of site guidelines that have served us quite well at keeping our community one of the best on the Internet. Among the guidelines is this:

No Commercial Postings: This is a private BBS designated for the use of its members. No commercial posts of any kind will be allowed. “For Sale” items from individual members will be allowed in the Classified forum only. Special announcements for dealers or other vendors will be allowed only if they are made by one of the forum Moderators or Administrators. Any posts to any forum that are deemed to be of a commercial nature will be subject to removal and the identity posting them may be blocked or banned.

Our rationale is simple - we do not want these forums to become an avenue for promotion of any brand or product. Nor do we want to let any individual member continually promote his business within these forums. We certainly gave Tim far too much latitude in this area. One of the Administrators even gave Tim's favorite brand name a 'time out', but as soon as we restored the usage of that word, Tim immediately began promoting it in his posts. We are going to try to be a little more aggressive at enforcing this rule, so as to be fair to our members and our supporting vendors and dealers and to make it perfectly clear we are not singling out any individual. We don't care if brand names are mentioned or even promoted by members, but as soon as we feel like a member is 'hawking' a particular brand or promoting it for personal gain, we will enforce the stated site guideline.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/ar...dex.php/t-34307.html
Very interesting Bear...What you will find here is that you can do anything, say anything, and be as many people, as you wish to be.

I mean for 5 years the moderators, 'if you wish to call them that' allowed Sinlube to use this site as an advertising forum. Kirk is allowed multiple identities, (He is currently a woman again).

The moderators on this site are worthless/spineless, so don't hold your breath looking for the turds to be banned...Thanks for the info though...
quote:
Very interesting Bear...What you will find here is that you can do anything, say anything, and be as many people, as you wish to be.

I mean for 5 years the moderators, 'if you wish to call them that' allowed Sinlube to use this site as an advertising forum. Kirk is allowed multiple identities, (He is currently a woman again).

The moderators on this site are worthless/spineless, so don't hold your breath looking for the turds to be banned...Thanks for the info though...

The first person/only that should have been banned is you............NUKE........and you know that.

You have even "tested" the moderators,haven't you? That is why you call them "spineless",because they didn't ban you. They should have,a long time ago,and you know this.

We can use you as a benchmark as to how Looooowwwwww,one is allowed to Go around here,if anyone is curious. Most/none,will stoop to your dreary,useless,bottom feeding, level of existence.

The only "turd",as you like to say..........is you,and only you.

You claim to work in the Nuclear industry...............BULL!!!

I have never met/spoke/chatted with anyone claiming to be,or is a professional,yet acts like you do, as in............TRAILER TRASH,AND THE LOWEST FORM AT THAT!

I work everyday with professionals,and none of them would ever /post/chat/on your low level of existence.

In sum.........you win the..... "DARWIN LOSER AWARD". CONGRATULATIONS!!! When science gets around to some serious gene therapy/repair..........only then will there be hope for you and your serious defects!!!

We all expect now, for you to continuing showing/posting/displaying the usual Psycho- Babble,in the meantime that only you are capable of.
Good ol' Kirk

You all know Kirk...the one who implies he works for NASA...Kirk is it NASA or do you work for The USA?

come on Kirk....We all know your full of it. Please switch ID's I want to speak with the 'woman' side of you.

You know the Corvette afficianado who doesn't know their was a 53 production model.

The woman who only reads the 1st page of links and calls people 'Dude' JUST LIKE YOU.

Kirk I could care less what you believe about me or not believe about me.

Kirk your full of it. Kirk the NASA employee!! WHAT A LOAD...lol...
KIRK;;;Just so their is NO misunderstanding....

I could really give 2 sh**s what you think or believe about ME or anyone else for that matter. Are you such a dolt to believe that your opinion matters to me?

I do not believe anything you post.

Kirk you're a LIAR...

Kirk...You are MIRO and that is reason enough

to not believe annything you say.

In closing Kirk I have seen your pic...You are MIRO...You are a DOLT.
quote:
Good ol' Kirk

You all know Kirk...the one who implies he works for NASA...Kirk is it NASA or do you work for The USA?

come on Kirk....We all know your full of it. Please switch ID's I want to speak with the 'woman' side of you.

You know the Corvette afficianado who doesn't know their was a 53 production model.

The woman who only reads the 1st page of links and calls people 'Dude' JUST LIKE YOU.

Kirk I could care less what you believe about me or not believe abbout me.

Kirk your full of it. Kirk the NASA employee!! WHAT A LOAD...lol...

Everyone on this forum/thread,including you,has used the term DUDE at least once............WHAT'S YOUR POINT.......DUDE!

WAIT.......'DUDE'... IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU......SO INSTEAD, IT WILL BE...........LOSER.....AS IN BIGGEST!

HAPPY NOW!

WHO I WORK FOR......................HOW ABOUT INSTEAD..........WHO YOU DON'T WORK FOR.......AS IN.........ANYONE,ANYTHING,OR ANYWHERE.........LOSER!
quote:
quote:
AD...I will keep quiet...I will let the DOLT Kirk speak...Or perhaps it's 'Wiggy' again...Who Knows with that Goober.

Bro- go for it, just watch the mods. I'd hate to see you go, that's all!

AD

Any......"real",Navy man as you claim to be.........would never support the likes of.......DAWG. AD,you disappoint me!

Those Navy guys are way to......PROFESSIONAL,at least after a few years like in your case. What's your excuse! You're a disgrace!

If you are in the Navy.......SHAPE UP,OR SHIP OUT! You are on the wrong side..................DUDE!

"US Navy. Helping keep us safe".......NOT WITH YOU AROUND.........AD
quote:
LOL- Lets not bring that to a vote Kirk. I'm not here trying to scam anyone, or part of any shill team. I call it like I see it.

AD

And,I call it like.........."you speak it".

You claim to be in the U.S. NAVY......and yet you stand behind Dawg,after all of his NUT-JOB Posts to the N-th degree.

You might as well go stand behind enemy lines while you're at it!

I have not scammed anyone. Now you are a liar to boot.

Maybe Headline News is on to something......this might explain your behavior.AD

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31...-msnbc_tv_commentary
quote:
You are a tool Kirk, a real tool.

AD

What would you expect from someone who quotes a two time loser like ole Pat, a confidant of Richard "I am not a crook:" Nixon.

Which is a stirring commentary to his ability to stay on the subject of the thread. As well as just how empty his own "insights" on oil are.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trajan:

What would you expect from someone who quotes a two time loser like ole Pat, a confidant of Richard "I am not a crook:" Nixon.

Nixon.............Wow..........your an old timer.........much older than I.

Since you brought it up(NIXON).............he is nothing like what's in office now.

Now we have crooks...........and Radicals! Makes Nixon seem like a Saint!
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADFD1:

AD

One hour........and that's your comeback line!

Maybe if you said anything of substance? /QUOTE]

Apparently I did speak with substance,and all too well.........Hence being called A "Tool".

I guess I struck a nerve once again by pointing out the Truth,and as always.......the truth hurts......so they resort to name calling,as usual.
quote:

Well Trajan...........these guys have no issues with Amsoil.......and they all drive BMW,for real.

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/fo...05-amsoil-rocks.html

http://forums.bimmerforums.com...wthread.php?t=170530

Motorcyclists using Amsoil.

http://www.cyclespot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4330

As for Synlube,and the "wise crack".........this guy has no issues with it...........

I used this stuff after reading an article in European Car. At least I think it was European Car magazine back then.... anyhoo...

I put it in my 1986 Jetta Diesel at 121,000 miles and installed a canton mecca remote oil filter at the same time. I changed the filter every 25,000 miles and added a quart of oil at that time.

I sold the car at 486,000 miles after it was rear ended by a Chevy Chevette doing 45mph. It still ran great and delivered a solid 42mpg in the city (redline to redline shifts) and averaged a healthy 52mpg at 70mph.

I did change the oil out every 50,000 miles as per there directions back in the early 90's and allthough extremly black it still was performing very well and there was no sludge build up anywhere.

I thought the company had fallen off the face of the Earth or had gone out of business. That is untill today when I came across a link to it from another website.

I will try it out first in our Ford Focus since it sees the most use. I will report back in 2 years when it had accumalted 50,000 miles and let you know the averages.
"How to" replace your broken antenna base | "How to" replace your brakes | "How to" remove your head lights
Fowvay2000 is offline Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADFD1:

AD

One hour........and that's your comeback line!

Maybe if you said anything of substance? /QUOTE]

Apparently I did speak with substance,and all too well.........Hence being called A "Tool".

I guess I struck a nerve once again by pointing out the Truth,and as always.......the truth hurts......so they resort to name calling,as usual.

Clocking time for a comeback? Sorry I had something important to attend to. I think in 46 pages, "Tool" was the first time I called anyone a name. It fit, for you.

Pushing your Swill again?

AD
Like I said, something of substance, not your usual thread poisoning crap such as below.

quote:

These characters can't relate to those concepts,it makes too much sense to them,and has too much purpose,and meaning,such as,girls,nice cars,degree....no way, These forums would be their "wives",degree,and their lives.
quote:

Banned

I cannot seem to find anything on the Internet about either Gary Allan or Pablo being banned from any AUTOMOTIVE FORUMS.

Well then.......I guess Tim had better go to the, "Principal's Office"...for getting banned on automotive forums. OH....the shame of it!

Motorcyclists seem to like Amsoil....

http://www.cyclespot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4330

And tractor Guys like it.........

http://www.tractorbynet.com/fo...-amsoil-100-1-a.html
quote:
quote:

Banned

I cannot seem to find anything on the Internet about either Gary Allan or Pablo being banned from any AUTOMOTIVE FORUMS.

You posted that already Big Grin

Trajan.......Give us a "SCIENTIFIC" REASON why you won't use Amsoil in your Beamer when all the other Beamer owners I posted love it.

All that talk about certs is just.............an excuse,assuming of course you actually have a....Beamer!
R3DN1CK
01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
How long before Tim Vipond joins and tries to sell Amsoil?:yucky:
O-Fivecc
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
5 mins 30 seconds
R3DN1CK
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
bet you could do it faster if you used amsoil lubricants!
O-Fivecc
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Amsoil trumps everything....I take baths in it
nickspeed
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
If timmy shows up he will be in for a rude welcome:ban:
Misfit
01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Amsoil trumps everything....I take baths in it

lol

Is that like vette owners and Zaino?
mde's04Titan
01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
How long before Tim Vipond joins and tries to sell Amsoil?:yucky:

OOOOOOOOOH !! The man who can't go a single thread without shoving it down our throats....and doesn't even own a Titan. I knew this place was missing something!! I'll have to PM him!
quote:
quote:
quote:

Banned

You posted that already Big Grin

Trajan.......Give us a "SCIENTIFIC" REASON why you won't use Amsoil in your Beamer when all the other Beamer owners I posted love it.

All that talk about certs is just.............an excuse,assuming of course you actually have a....Beamer!

Well, that's actually true. I don't have a beamer. Or a beemer. Don't know what the first is. The second is a BMW motor cycle. What I own is called a bimmer.

But, instead of trying to bait me with more of your cauterwalling nonsense, perhaps you ask yourself the following.

Why did your leader, when given the chance for me to use his swill, provided he supplied the engine, lacked the courage, the faith in his product, to do so?

More than likely because he knew it would expose it for the scam it is.

You're already been told why. More than once. If still beyond your comprehension it is, further explaination will make it no easier.

While you ponder that, ponder these as well.

1: Why your buddy, who attacked anyone who questioned your swill, is too afraid to use it?

2: Why thes other "beamer" owners don't use it either?

3: If you think amsoil is so great, why are yo not using it instead of that sham swill you do?
Last edited by trajan
http://www.city-data.com/forum...-5.html#post13006172

Unread 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Tim Vipond

15 posts, read 1,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I want to drive to my local auto parts store(Advance, Peps, Autozone) or to k mart, Target, Walmart to buy it.. Can I? No, and it is NOT easy to get. ...
I'd consider mail order, much safer:
Camden, located across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, has historically been considered the economic hub of South Jersey. Much of Camden's growth resulted from its location near Philadelphia, and its role as a transportation hub for the region. After World War II, Camden suffered a long decline due to a loss of its manufacturing base, and the outflow of middle-class residents to the suburbs. Based on 2006 data, Camden ranks as America's poorest city,[5] and Camden's high crime rate has resulted in it being ranked by Morgan Quitno Corporation as the most dangerous city in 2009.[6]

http://www.city-data.com/forum...hp?searchid=21804716

Trajan and AD, it seems Tim thinks Mail Order is much safer than driving to the auto parts store, I am sure you guys live in a safe area, but if anyone comes up to you as you are going to or leaving the auto parts store and you think they might attack you, just say " You better leave me alone or else I will have my buddy BIG BEAR beat you up "

They will either be laughing hysterically or just be so confused that they will not bother you guys.
The resident troll is amusing to me and surely others. I would term KIRK a disease...Or better yet...an infection. This infection was quickly recognized and irradicated at BITOG. Unfortunately here, the infection seems to have been allowed to take root.

The only means to control this KIRK infection at this point...is to ban it in all its putrid forms. The KIRK infection has mutated into other infectous forms such as 'Annie Oakley', and 'Wickedwiggy' where the infection has had its DNA seemingly changed, and taken up the 'female' chromosome.

In all forms the KIRK infection seems to cause the host, to lie uncontrollably and imagine themselves to be things which they are obviously not. Dreams of grandeur, and paranoia, quickly become evident as the host slips away from reality.

I would hope this KIRK infection is irradicated as KIRKS stench is starting to spread and become embarassing to the site.
Originally posted by Trajan.....

quote:
Well, that's actually true. I don't have a beamer. Or a beemer. Don't know what the first is. The second is a BMW motor cycle. What I own is called a bimmer.

Now I know you don't have a............"Beamer"..........because I did in fact use the correct terminology,which YOU,should have known had you actually owned one.........and the proof that....BEAMER is correct...........

http://www.google.com/search?h...i=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

http://www.merchantcircle.com/....Beamer.916-381-4269
quote:
The resident troll is amusing to me and surely others. I would term KIRK a disease...Or better yet...an infection. This infection was quickly recognized and irradicated at BITOG. Unfortunately here, the infection seems to have been allowed to take root.

The only means to control this KIRK infection at this point...is to ban it in all its putrid forms. The KIRK infection has mutated into other infectous forms such as 'Annie Oakley', and 'Wickedwiggy' where the infection has had its DNA seemingly changed, and taken up the 'female' chromosome.

In all forms the KIRK infection seems to cause the host, to lie uncontrollably and imagine themselves to be things which they are obviously not. Dreams of grandeur, and paranoia, quickly become evident as the host slips away from reality.

I would hope this KIRK infection is irradicated as KIRKS stench is starting to spread and become embarassing to the site.

The only mutation is.........YOU....NUKE.... You have stated you're in the "NUCLEAR' industry,therefore..........

..........I believe you have exceeded your..."lifetime dosage of radiation" from standing too close to the..."reactor".

Mutation is something you know and understand very well,Remember,radiation ALSO mutates DNA,and kills brain cells too.....NUKE. SUCKS TO BE YOU!

One more thing, NUKE.............STENCH WAS MY LINE...........GET YOUR OWN MATERIAL!!!
quote:
3: If you think amsoil is so great, why are yo not using it instead of that sham swill you do?

Actually,I do still use Amsoil.

I am currently running their tractor lube 5w-30 in my Transfer case.

Front Differential has the series 2000 75-140.

Rear differential has synlube.

Air filter is Amsoil/donaldson-nanotech

http://www.amsoil.com/graphs/eaa/eaa_flow_640px.jpg

Brake fluid is Dot 3,synthetic.

Currently have several brands of oil filters,including the Amsoil/Nanotech.

I would have no problem going back to Amsoil for the engine if I ever stopped using the synlube.

I will admit that the store brands(synthetic) are getting better now days,so who knows what the future holds with the over-the-counter stuff,especially if you can catch a good sale.

Kirk
You don't use it in the engine. No faith.

Also see that you can't answer the other questions.

For one who demands answers, you consistently come up a little....short.....shall we say.

Never seen anyone spell beemer that way. But then again, never had a reason too either. Not having a motorcycle....

Takes nothing away from the point that I have one, that I use mfg approved oil, and it burns you.
Last edited by trajan
This is a white paper study on Motorcycle oils for those of you that have bikes.

It looks like Amsoil did the best overall I would say in this study. I wonder how it reflects on their automotive oils?

Too answer a question above, I already stated in earlier post I used Amsoil in my engines with great results for many years. I only switched to synlube out of curiosity,and have not had any issues ever,so I have stuck with it,it also happens to be much cheaper in the long run............and super convenient to use because of less work/mess/cleanup!

Now for the amsoil white paper link.....

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

If any one here claims that Amsoil somehow had a hand in manipulating the results...............why won't the competitors mentioned in this study.......AND ALL THE OTHER STUDIES...........EVER.........COUNTER THE RESULTS with other studies???? Still waiting for that one!!

THIS IS THE GEAR LUBE WHITE PAPER STUDY IN A VETTE FORUM.....CLICK ON THE AMSOIL LINK AT THE BOTTOM

http://www.z06vette.com/forums...dline-amsoil-106796/

THIS IS A VETTE FORUM TALKING ABOUT REDLINE GEAR LUBE............YOU BE THE JUDGE ON THIS ONE!!

http://www.z06vette.com/forums...lube-chatter-102929/

Another Vette forum talking about the dreaded differential "chatter"..this is their take..

http://www.z06vette.com/forums...slip-additive-80592/
Captain Kirk, can you tell us why you are using Synlube in your engine versus using Amsoil Motor Oil.

Can you tell us how long you have had Synlube in your engine.

How long do you plan on keeping this car that has Synlube in it now.

Do you notice anything different with your engine with Synlube in it versus other oil's.

I am just asking you questions and I have no need to get into the squabble you are having with AD, Nucleardawg, and Trajan.
quote:
Captain Kirk, can you tell us why you are using Synlube in your engine versus using Amsoil Motor Oil.

Can you tell us how long you have had Synlube in your engine.

How long do you plan on keeping this car that has Synlube in it now.

Do you notice anything different with your engine with Synlube in it versus other oil's.

I am just asking you questions and I have no need to get into the squabble you are having with AD, Nucleardawg, and Trajan.

Here is the reason why I hate going to dealers/garages to have work done, and actually took one to court,and won. This guy has a much bigger case than I did.

Only my hands work on my car,well...99% of the time.

http://webcache.googleusercont...=us&client=firefox-a

Big Bear.

Regarding the synlube information.

There are several, now closed threads, you could take a look at that go back five years.

I started posting around march of this year.

Yes,there is some weird info(BBB,license issue,etc)that some of our,"detectives",have found which I have no clue,nor care what they amount to. I guess doing business,leaves one battled scarred a little at times...who knows!

One of our, "detectives", even entertained himself all day one Sunday,with a 'smear campaign' on ripoff report. However,I don't care about that.

Here is the now five year old link....

https://forums.noria.com/eve/fo...16604995/m/626103953

This is just one of the links.

I must admit.............that topic is like "beating a dead horse".

If you have doubts.........change it once,yearly,then send back(14-bucks),and get 100% for new,shipped free. What else can I say!! I love the stuff.

What do you drive and so forth. How many miles,history,etc.

Kirk
Trajan quoted:

quote:
Start by remembering this. I have a bimmer. Not a beamer.

Trajan..........it took you five 1/2 hours to come up with that. You are certainly not the "sharpest tool in the shed",that's for sure.......my boy(your line)....

Come up with something a little more on topic .......I am done as a "man"....playing a boys game......which you seem to be "into".

If you're not "up to the task"..........then go post on a "boys" forum. That's where you belong!!
http://bike-talk.com/forum/mot...ynthetic-oils-2.html

Tim Vipond
Banned
Rookie 10+ posts

Interests: fishing, tennis, racquetball, travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktx
tim vipond........are you a rep or salesperson for amsoil?? you talk of home delivery???
I am an independent dealer of AMSOIL products. I am not an AMSOIL employee. I can sell any other product I wish to.

AMSOIL can be ordered and delivered by UPS to your home. Or you can buy it at stores. Or you can pick it up at a dozen warehouses in the US.

Wow, Tim only made 15 posts and then he was BANNED.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan.....

quote:

Now I know you don't have a............"Beamer"..........

Then what is the point of asking me what kind of oil I use in something I don't have, besides your fondness of trolling?
poor trajan, he insists that he rides a bimmer bike which is actually the correct word for the automobile. and beamer/beemer is the correct slang for the bmw bike.

Bimmer vs Beemer
Enthusiasts vs others
Definitions:
Bimmer - proper accepted slang for BMW cars. Most people don't know this.
Beamer/Beemer - proper accepted slang for BMW motorcycles. You will hear this term used incorrectly by many people.
once again trajan you are proved wrong.

btw did i mention i used to have a 1964 panhead. and that would be HARLEY OR HARLEY DAVIDSON!!

THANKS FOR PLAYING TRAJAN

here is the link for my proof

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/te...d-trivia/bimmer.html
Interesting link, wickedwiggy. Crystal clear, unlike Trajans usual misleading nonsense. He enjoys portraying himself the expert on any subject being discussed. He claims to be the owner of some kind of BMW. Makes, you wonder, eh? Wink

You may have noticed that Trajan hasn't responded to you your link which shows he hasn't a clue of what he spews. Not because he's busy. He can peck away on his iphone anywhere. It's his normal modus operandi to not respond when he's shown to be wrong. Or, he responds with a question or statement that is irrelevant to to the subject at hand.

Let's see if he's man enough to admit his mistake.
I'm expecting a flurry of insults, too. That's normal. He's probably texting away like crazy.

Yes, Trajan has a serious problem with independent women who are more intelligent than he, and who confront him. Annie_Oakley in particular is a good example. Him being a woman hater probably has plenty to do with his upbringing.

He's really going to be upset because you, being an intelligent woman, made him look like a fool, him supposedly being a BMW expert and all...

Do you think he has a BMW?

I don't.
Last edited by inhaliburton
06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Road Warrior

Default RE: Amsoil, Snake Oil or the Real Deal?
Just a little clarification. Amsoil claims that "He (Al Amatuzio ) was the inventor of synthetic oils and lubricants for ground use."

SynLube Clarification

AMSOIL = "First in Synthetics" - The company did not exist before 1972

MOBIL = "First to Market Synthetic Oil" - Mobil 1 was introduced in 1974

Being "First" in anything, unless it is a sanctioned racing event, has no relation to Quality, Value or Performance of ANY product in the market place.

And quite often even in racing events being "First" is more a matter of luck than of ultimate superiority of performance.

Historical Facts
C. Friedler and J.M. Crafts synthesize the first "synthetic" hydrocarbons.

Friedrich Bergius in Germany develops Hydrogenation process for production of synthetic oil from coal dust

Standard Oil in USA produces one barrel of synthetic oil from one ton of shale rock

Friedrich Bergius in Germany develops commercial process for hydrogenation of coal to synthetic oil

In Germany Franz Fisher and Hans Tropsch develop Synthetic Oil industrial production process

I.G. Farben acquired the patent rights to the Bergius hydrogenation process for production of synthetic oil from coal

I.G. Farben's Leuna works start synthetic oil production

Standard Oil of Indiana makes the first attempt at commercial development of synthetic hydrocarbons. Many gallons of synthetic oil were made by polymerization of different olefins.

1930-34
Union Carbide and Carbon Corp develop and investigate the applications of water soluble Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG)

Nobel Prize for Chemistry:
Friedrich Bergius & Carl Bosch - Invention and development of chemical high pressure methods (used for synthetic oil production)

I.G. Farben investment into synthetic fuels production from coal

Adolf Hitler in Germany starts Major synthetic fuels and oil program

First Polyalphaolefins were synthesized

Fischer-Tropsh process that used carbon monoxide and hydrogen to make synthetic oils and fuels was commercialized in Germany

1942-45
PAG synthetic oils used in fleets and commercial vehicles

1944-1954
10% of German supply of lubricating oil is "synthetic", made by using three different processes

US Army aircraft operating in Alaska and Canada use PAG engine oils

1944-45
The idea of using colloidal solids in synthetic fluids for lubrication of the first jet engines is tested and researched in Germany

National Carbide Company, Inc. markets the "First" commercial PAG engine oils Prestone Motor Oil

New York Power & Light Corp uses PAG engine oils in variety of their commercial vehicles.

1942-1955
Diester oils are used in turbine engines because Petroleum oil simply was inadequate to meet the demands of these engines.

Texaco produces Synthetic Aircraft Turbine Oil

1962-66
U.S. Army experiences significant problems in operating vehicles and equipment in Alaska with MIL-L-10295 Lubricating Oil.

Mobil introduces fully synthetic grease

First Syn! Synthetic Super Lubricants produced in Canada

Motul introduces first semi-synthetic motor oil in France

U.S. Army develops MIL-L-46167 specification, which can be satisfied only with PAO synthetic oil

SynLube Company is formed in Vancouver, B.C. Canada – it’s specialty the first "syn-sol".

1970’s
Arab Oil embargo prompts interest in "synthetic" oils

Motul in France introduces first all-synthetic oil in Europe

AMSOIL is formed and markets re-labeled MIL specification oils to motoring public through multi-level "pyramid" type organization.

Mobil test markets Mobil 1 synthetic SAE 5W-20 "synthesized engine lubricant"

Mobil
TxMoores
View Public Profile
Find all posts by TxMoores
Old 06-27-2006, 07:26 PM

Jo

http://www.synlube.com/synthetic.htm
quote:
quote:

Just a little clarification. Amsoil claims that "He (Al Amatuzio ) was the inventor of synthetic oils and lubricants for ground use."

Where did AMSOIL claim that Al Amatuzio was the inventor of synthetic oils and lubricants for ground use?

You might want to talk with Synlube, its from there site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsoil

Founder, President and CEO of AMSOIL, Inc., Albert J. Amatuzio, was introduced to synthetic lubricants used in the jets he flew as a fighter pilot for the US Air Force. He later founded his company, AMMOIL which would later be changed to AMZOIL, Inc., which would later be changed to AMSOIL, Inc., due to trademark concerns brought forth by Pennzoil. Mr. Amatuzio went on to formulate a synthetic motor oil for use in automobiles in a joint effort with the Hatco Corporation[1]. AMZOIL 10W-40 grade 100 percent synthetic motor oil became available to the general public in 1972 as the first synthetic motor oil in the United States to meet American Petroleum Institute (API) requirements. Today AMSOIL, Inc., markets the XL line of API certified synthetic motor oil [2] as well as many other oil formulations which meet or exceed current API requirements.

AMZOIL is Now Called AMSOIL
AMZOIL's business name was changed to AMSOIL many years ago as a result of Pennzoil paranoia. As you can see from the oil can at the right. AMSOIL was indeed called AMZOIL in the early days of the company - back in the 70's. However, Pennzoil took exception to the "zoil" in the name, and AMZOIL finally was forced to change the name to AMSOIL, even though the name had not been taken from the Pennzoil name at all.

The name AMZOIL was actually just a more catchy way of writing "Ammos Oil". The president of the company, Al Amatuzio, had a nickname when he was a pilot. His nickname was Ammo. So, when he began developing the AMSOIL product, it was originally not called AMSOIL, but rather was "Ammos Oil".

Since this isn't exactly a real professional name to put on a bottle of oil, it was recommended that he change the name to AMZOIL. Of course, as it turned out, that was bad advice, and Pennzoil ended up forcing Al to change the company name from AMZOIL to AMSOIL.

Thus, if you're looking for the AMSOIL product these days, be sure to spell it with an "S", rather than a "Z". AMZOIL is now (and has been for a long time) AMSOIL.

Tim, I found this last thing about Pennzoil on one of the Amsoil Sites, and as far as Synlube's claims you can ask Kirk when he comes on later.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where did AMSOIL claim that Al Amatuzio was the inventor of synthetic oils and lubricants for ground use?

You might want to talk with Synlube, its from there site.
No it isn't.

Also "Tim, I found this last thing about Pennzoil on one of the Amsoil Sites," There is only one AMSOIL, Inc. website, and that is www.amsoil.com. FYI, the site you quoted from is not even an Authorized AMSOIL Dealer website. It is just a website created by an independent AMSOIL Dealer that has not been authorized by AMSOIL. Do not confuse these websites with official AMSOIL information.
Last edited by timvipond
quote:
quote:
FYI, the site you quoted from is not even an Authorized AMSOIL Dealer website. It is just a website created by an independent AMSOIL Dealer that has not been authorized by AMSOIL. Do not confuse these websites with official AMSOIL information.

Tim, I guess we can say the same thing about your WEBSITE.
No, because mine is Authorized by AMSOIL.
quote:
quote:
quote:
FYI, the site you quoted from is not even an Authorized AMSOIL Dealer website. It is just a website created by an independent AMSOIL Dealer that has not been authorized by AMSOIL. Do not confuse these websites with official AMSOIL information.

Can you prove that the other Amsoil Dealer does not have an approved website authorized by Amsoil.

Are Gary Allan and Pablo's website authorized by Amsoil.

Are you telling us we should stay away from unauthorized Amsoil sites, how do we tell the difference.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can you prove that the other Amsoil Dealer does not have an approved website authorized by Amsoil.
Yes. It does not say Authorized AMSOIL Dealer Website.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Are Gary Allan and Pablo's website authorized by Amsoil.
Yes they are.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Are you telling us we should stay away from unauthorized Amsoil sites, how do we tell the difference.
I wouldn't stay away from them. Just be aware that they have not been Authorized by AMSOIL.. Just look for the Authorized AMSOIL Dealer Website emblem as you see it on my www.lubedealer.com/timvipond website.
quote:
Tim, if Gary Allan did not have an authorized website I doubt Pablo would say anything.

Why would Amsoil approve one website and not approve the other website.

Can you explain this whole authorized and unauthorized stuff to us.
Let's say a website has nudity, profanity, etc. AMSOIL would not Authorize it. Or maybe a website was never sent to AMSOIL to Authorize it.
quote:
quote:
Let's say a website has nudity, profanity, etc. AMSOIL would not Authorize it.

Tim, I have seen quite a few Indepndent Amsoil Dealer Websites and I can say they all look pretty much the same, I think you can give us a better ANSWER.
I'll try. Let's say AMSOIL has done testing that shows a 3% improvement in performance using AMSOIL. An Independent AMSOIL dealer website might say 50% improvement in performance without any factual data to support it. AMSOIL would not authorize it. You could also have 2 identical websites where one dealer sent it to AMSOIL for Authorization and the other dealer didn't send it in. One would get Authorized, the other would not.
quote:
KIRK/MIRO...If you wish to pretend to be wickedwiggy the corvette coniseur, or an old biker **** it makes no difference to me...Be as many people as you wish, or some old 'female'....

It all boils down to you being one weird person...An appropriate spokesman for Synlube...

Nuke.........I see you are standing too close to the, "reactor", again.

As usual,you never have anything intelligent or useful to offer this thread,just more drivel!

Now, whenever someone chimes in on this thread who is obviously not me,by default,it's me according to the looney world of NUKE!

Just because you are the one with multiple identities,doesn't mean everyone else has them as well.

What fantasy motor oil are you using in your fantasy Vette this week,nuke?

That must be some good stuff you're smoking man...
quote:
KIRK/MIRO...If you wish to pretend to be wickedwiggy the corvette coniseur, or an old biker **** it makes no difference to me...Be as many people as you wish, or some old 'female'....

It all boils down to you being one weird person...An appropriate spokesman for Synlube...

So how's the RL working for you?
When I get home and can drive it again I will let you know...As I had the oil in the garage, I used it.

The L48/350 engine would love anything you put in it though...Though the thought of Synlube in it would probably cause it to throw a rod and belch smoke.

But that will never happen as after reading through all the threads here and on BITOG know one it their right mind would ever use that crud.

Notice I say right mind? As Kirk/Miro...a man who pretends to be a woman, while parading around in womens undergarments...could never be termed 'in their right mind'
quote:
Well Kirk I surely hope I never have to be subjected to your idea of a 'real woman'

Kirks idea of a 'real woman' is one that urinates standing up.

When Kirk is pushed the feminine side of his personality takes over...He 'wigs' out and presto chango... the pink panties come on and out comes 'wiggy'...LOL...

Well..........WHERE IS THIS WIGGY. I read her post. Why don't you go to the motorcycle forum she is on with her bikini pic she mentioned in the last post of hers.

Instead....You would rather hang here with your fantasies. The real weirdo is you!!
Nuke:

quote:
Yeh like all those Synlube users sprawled on their Ferrari's?
Bikini pic???

Yeh, I bet those hot vegas women sprawled on their sports cars in those hot pics really turns you off.... ("No CREEPO I have no need to")..........that was your quote,Nuke.

You're not into that,are you,NUKE! Instead........

.......What you like NUKE,is.............

'real woman' is one that urinates standing up.(your quote) That's what you're into....NUKE! You've mentioned it many times over and over so far..........so of course Nuke,you have no need to look at women in bikinis. We understand your plight!

DON'T ASK DON'T TELL.............TOO LATE,YOU GAVE IT AWAY AND TOLD!
quote:
When I get home and can drive it again I will let you know...As I had the oil in the garage, I used it.

The L48/350 engine would love anything you put in it though...Though the thought of Synlube in it would probably cause it to throw a rod and belch smoke.

Friend of mine had one with a 454. he loved flogging that thing.

Thinking of going back to the BMW oil. Here's why: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1196764

Sure, Grp III oil = sludge.....
Trajana:
quote:
Sure, Grp III oil = sludge.....

............and this would be a perfect example of group III oil=sludge..........

http://www.clublexus.com/forum...-gelling-sludge.html

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/eng...oblem-w-pics-208675/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My oil fill cap,and the inside of my valve cover looking through the oil fill opening has no sludge,soot,or varnish.

For those of you who think you are safe doing 3000 mile oil changes with receipts,think again.....

fficial%26channel%3Ds%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/imgres?i...%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

quote:
<<<<<Manufacturer warranties might refuse to cover oil sludge damage by blaming you, the customer, for poor maintenance habits or neglect—even if you can prove you changed the oil every 3,000 miles. Without warranty protection, engine replacements are $5,000-$10,000. SAAB, Toyota, VW, and a few other manufacturers have some limited coverage for sludge damage.>>>>>

In sum..........playing it safe as some have said,may not be.....playing it smart!

The smart move is to use group IV synthetic,don't get sludge in the first place,and you won't have to worry about warranty issues......because you probably won't have any issues to deal with.
quote:
quote:

But Amsoil and Redline both offer quality products. I would like to see unbiased professional comparisons on both oils and see also how they compare to the major brands...That would be interesting...
Me too. The only comparisons I can find are the gear oil white paper: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2457.pdf and the 10w30 motorcycle oil comparison http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mct.aspx in which the testing was performed by 3rd party labs . None of the named companies have disputed the results, which they would if they could. I'd like to see Red Line and the others have similar testing performed, but they don't.

Amsoil's "independent test" results are questionable, to say they least.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...Number=477036&page=2

And I don't think we even need to get into the logical failure required to blindly accept tests that were Amsoil commissioned, with sampling controlled by Amsoil, and Amsoil published results as "the gospel".

Of course an Amsoil salesman would love for you too. Big Grin