Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Recently (like few days ago) there was a news story about FORD Comet Caliente owned by this little old lady - that she claims she has driven over 500,000 miles.

She also apparently kept all the repair records and on the car that was but $2,500 and some change she spent reportedly $53,000 to keep running over the years.

Yet her claim to fame are lifetime warranties, so she keeps on getting FREE batteries, mufflers, brakes, etc.

But something NOT mentioned on the news story is that the 1965 FORDS had Gas Tank vented to the atmosphere, that is fumes would escape ALL THE TIME !!!

So this car in effect pollutes even when parked on a hot day as much as 2,750 new trucks would, or almost 14,200 PZEVS.

Now why should this old lady have the right to pollute the Air with Gasoline vapors ???
Something wrong with this picture !!!
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
Recently (like few days ago) there was a news story about FORD Comet Caliente owned by this little old lady - that she claims she has driven over 500,000 miles.

She also apparently kept all the repair records and on the car that was but $2,500 and some change she spent reportedly $53,000 to keep running over the years.

Yet her claim to fame are lifetime warranties, so she keeps on getting FREE batteries, mufflers, brakes, etc.

But something NOT mentioned on the news story is that the 1965 FORDS had Gas Tank vented to the atmosphere, that is fumes would escape ALL THE TIME !!!

So this car in effect pollutes even when parked on a hot day as much as 2,750 new trucks would, or almost 14,200 PZEVS.

Now why should this old lady have the right to pollute the Air with Gasoline vapors ???
Something wrong with this picture !!!

Great Find...

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/li...k-mile-%22chariot%22

The pollution gasoline issue is because she was born.... before Al Gore??
quote:
FORD Comet Caliente

Well looks like the NEWS Dpt at NBC is getting desperate for stories apparently it is a re run of story from August 10 2009 done by FLORIDA affiliate, but was presented as "today" story !!!

The price was $3289.30 (with Factory A/C) !!!

So in theory if the average mileage is true the car should have today 12,000 more miles - but is she even still around ?

Too bad they did not bother to update the "story"......
WOW even better find Kirk !!!

So I kept on looking.....

But now I wonder why with so much honesty the invoices shown in Utube NBC and the ABC 2 story do not match in price ?

Why would someone bother to change the price and not even do a good job of erasing the previous one???

With that little discrepancy can you really trust that there are 500,000 more miles than the odo is not capable of showing ?

Or would 91 year Lady be less than honest ?

After all she only has driven 5K miles in a year, yet in another video she claims she is now driving the car MORE THAN EVER (like in every day) which she did not do when she was young and at home MOM.

Based on her "own" testimony the car should actually have 230,000 miles, or less !!!

The two claimed odo readings are 57,000 and 62,000 just about one year apart.

Ask any psychologist how would they read this statement:

"Well, she's never lied to me. She's never cheated on me," Veitch gushes. "And I can always depend on her. And that's the truth."

PS: I always probe below the surface on any sensational story,just my normal curiosity ....

4K average in last 17 years !!!

My husband traded in 1958 Lincoln for it

And then in 2009 in just 6 weeks the car gained 17,000 miles (from 540,000 to 557,000)

So what gives ???

July 12, 2010 East at Carlisle, PA 554,000 miles

July 14, 2010 Wauwatosa, WI 563,000 miles

July 15, 2010 She already has in her "book" page printed that proclaims 600,000 miles !!!

WOW she is an operator in a warp speed !!! (Could she be related to Trajan ???)

Well she wants to be on Jay Leno and see his collection of 120 cars, but she muct have started planning that the day Leno went on the air.......
Last edited by mirokefurt
quote:
WOW even better find Kirk !!!

So I kept on looking.....

But now I wonder why with so much honesty the invoices shown in Utube NBC and the ABC 2 story do not match in price ?

Why would someone bother to change the price and not even do a good job of erasing the previous one???

With that little discrepancy can you really trust that there are 500,000 more miles than the odo is not capable of showing ?

Or would 91 year Lady be less than honest ?

After all she only has driven 5K miles in a year, yet in another video she claims she is now driving the car MORE THAN EVER (like in every day) which she did not do when she was young and at home MOM.

Based on her "own" testimony the car should actually have 230,000 miles, or less !!!

The two claimed odo readings are 57,000 and 62,000 just about one year apart.

Ask any psychologist how would they read this statement:

"Well, she's never lied to me. She's never cheated on me," Veitch gushes. "And I can always depend on her. And that's the truth."

PS: I always probe below the surface on any sensational story,just my normal curiosity ....

4K average in last 17 years !!!

My husband traded in 1958 Lincoln for it

And then in 2009 in just 6 weeks the car gained 17,000 miles (from 540,000 to 557,000)

So what gives ???

July 12, 2010 East at Carlisle, PA 554,000 miles

July 14, 2010 Wauwatosa, WI 563,000 miles

July 15, 2010 She already has in her "book" page printed that proclaims 600,000 miles !!!

WOW she is an operator in a warp speed !!! (Could she be related to Trajan ???)

Well she wants to be on Jay Leno and see his collection of 120 cars, but she muct have started planning that the day Leno went on the air.......

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/li...k-mile-%22chariot%22

http://autos.aol.com/article/rachel-veitch-old-car/

Look out..............she's packin heat boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.......she's mechanical too!!

http://www.dipity.com/timeline...-Comet-Caliente/list

Looks like she drove 3k from roughly July 2009 to July 2010 ??

Car does Look Good for that vintage mercury,I'll give her that!

The odometer issue..............well,she is 91,or is she 92,or 93.......
Last edited by captainkirk
YUGO was the First car in 1985 to offer FREE 1 year or 12,000 miles maintenance, all you had to do is to bring it to the dealer and they did:

Look at the dipstick
Checked the Tire pressure (all 5 tires)
Cleaned the Windows
Checked Coolant and Brake Fluid Level
= Car was serviced

The FIRST oil change was at 15,000 miles - so bit of "trick" but in 1985 people really believed back then that 3 months or 3,000 miles is all they can go between services - which then also included spark plugs changes.

Of course YUGO had BOSCH electronic Ignition and a Platinum plugs (BOSCH or ISKRA), so no Spark Plug Changes either.

Indeed there was no major anything for 4 years or 40,000 miles (the Warranty lenght) to be done, that is why YUGO America could offer this.

At 40,000 you changed the Air Filter, Fuel Filter and the Timing Belt and the Water Pump and Alternator Belt. The 40,000 miles service to experienced mechanic took total of 45 minutes and was under $120 parts and labor.

75% of YUGO owner's NEVER did this recommended service !!! And just waited until the belt(s) broke usualy 5 to 7 years since manufacture.

The ZASTAVA OEM Oil was SAE 10W-50 made by Jugopetrol and licensed from CASTROL GB = Synthetic of course PAO and POE blend.

In 1985 it was the ONLY car sold in USA with Synthetic Motor Oil as OEM fill, but unfortunately when Imported as part of the car there was only 1.8% import duty.

But if shipped separately there was 34% import tax on finished lubes, that is why there was no OEM YUGO Oil at the dealers. Also OCCIDENTAL Petroleum had exclusive deal with Yugoslav Government so the oil could not be imported except through them, and unfortunately Mr. Hammer almost had a stroke the frst time he saw YUGO so that was not about to happen....

Because of the Warranty Act in USA Yugo America did not insist that the OEM Oil is used by Dealers for eventual servicing at 15,000 miles.

But once the OEM Oil was changed the service interval was 6 months or 6,000 miles with API SF motor oil.

API SF was YUGO recomended, when most oils on market at that time were SE or SD rated.

Since the YUGO engine was based on 1960's FIAT design it was quite tollerant of poor quality oils.

And NO it did NOT burn Oil !!!
SynLube was used in the 1984 cars that had 850 ccm engines and were planned for Southern California ONLY (the contract with ZASTAVA was for 5,000 units) they also had BOSCH EFI (same as that on FIAT & BERTONE X1/9 since 1979) but when Bicklin bought the distribution rights for REST of the USA, he decided to cheap out the car and put in a carburetor and just to have the same torque and power they had to up the engine to 1.1L so not really a smart move. As the car lost 10 MPG by doing so and was only 5 MPH faster (top speed).

As a result there were not 1984 or 1985 cars sold in California (they could not meet the emissions levels under the 5 year certification standards with a carburetor).

The YUGO 45 was the car for $4,500 with 10 year and 100,000 miles Warranty and FREE maintenance (due to SynLube) GOT ALL THE INITIAL PUBLICITY and started the YUGO-mania, but that never really happened and in 1992 KIA and latter HYUNDAI adopted the 10 year Warranty Idea.

So like it or not YUGO did start lot of "new" trends that still live on today in the Auto Industry in one way or another.

I doubt BMW and latter Mercedes would have given people FREE maintenance if YUGO did not do that FIRST.........

While due to US embargo YUGO went oout of business in 1992, it was made in Serbia till December 2008 - over 800,000 of them were made of which 167,000 were sold in USA.

SO not exactly a "failure" as some may think !!!
quote:
ADFD1

Point is YOU have never owned YUGO and probably never driven one either so in any legal proceding your testimony would be ruled as "hearsay" that is of NO LEGAL VALUE:

hearsay n. 1) second-hand evidence in which the witness is not telling what he/she knows personally, but what others have said to him/her. 2) a common objection made by the opposing lawyer to testimony, when it appears the witness has violated the hearsay rule. 3) scuttlebutt or gossip.
quote:
quote:
US Navy

Come to think of it were not the pilots that were stationed in Aviano that bombed the ZASTAVA factory - your guys ?

And gee they also blown up and killed some Chinese diplomats by "mistake" while they were at it !

I do not think that is a way to keep people on US mainland too safe.....

OR did you forget that part of history already as well ?

After all the ZASTAVA factory was a significiant military traget as it used to make hand guns in 1920......

But someone forgot it was 1999 and was making cars since 1953 - OUPSSSS..... another "minor" mistake......

Ya let's keep us SAFE !!!!

I have to pick my words carefully, so let me just say you are a FOOL, a TOTAL FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a suggestion fool, if you don't like it here in the US leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need you! Maybe you can push your crap in Afghanistan, Iraq, or China. I'm sure they'll listen.

AD
What I can't stand most about SynLube and even Amsoil at times, is the way it's pushed.

It takes me 25 minutes to change the oil on my car. I can buy the oil I need, that was approved to be used, from $12-$25, depending on what I want to spend. My cars will last a minimum of 200-300k miles. By then, the doors will be falling off and I'll want something new.

My brother has a Toyota sludge V6 Solara. He bought it with 30k miles. It now has 250k miles using nothing but Mobil 1 with 8k-10k mile drain intervals.
quote:
quote:
ADFD1

And OH Don't forget - you hate French too, may be you should send back the Lady Liberty, but then this was a nice gesture too:

Fool- Where did it say I hated anyone? Don't put words in print you can't back up, OK? Seems you went off the deep end. Chill, and as stated if you don't like the USA get out!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me we'll get along just fine without you. Remember you need us we don't need fools like you!!!!!!

Try pushing your oil elsewhere in the world.

AD
I was able to get this info from a former arx member who still has access to there forum.

These are the number of arx customers by country.

1) U.S.A. 807 users
2) Canada 61 users
3) India 5 users
4) Mexico 3 users
5) Australia 5 users
6) Malaysia 2 users
7) Poland 1 user
8) Sweden 1 user
9) Norway 3 users
10)England 6 users
11) Philippines 5 users

Going back to 2002, there have been 34 ARX Threads that have been LOCKED.

2010 = 4
2009 = 6
2008 = 4
2007 = 1
2006 = 4
2005 = 8
2004 = 4
2003 = 3
2002 = 0

Miro, you need to be careful, look what happened with the owner of auto-rx, he was banned from BITOG as a sponsor and because of his reckless posts he only has 899 customers and 34 auto-rx threads were LOCKED on BITOG.

The only reason why there were no Locked arx threads in 2002 was that some people were using it and did not realize the product was not working, many members complained about arx not working in 2003 and the owner of arx fought with members for another 6 years before getting BANNED, and now he has his cronies fighting for him.

Miro, don't make the same mistakes that the owner of auto-rx has made over the years, you are better person than that, I hope.
Bear, how could you compare that Fool to the owner of A-rX? At least the man (A-rX owner) has some class and a small customer base. I bet he also loves his country, and would never trash it on an open forum. Great way to sell product and win customers over. Pointless bringing A-rX up in this thread. Sorry man!

Miro: I stand corrected I do hate a few things: liars, cheats, thieves, con artists who use the internet to shill garbage, and spew false information, then attack people for not believing them. Ring a bell?

AD
I hate to go over to the dark side ,but that kind of piss ant personal shot at ADFD1 and the military serves no purpose that will stand up to the light of day. NO use what so ever on this board. Why noria and the moderator here lets this internet scam continue here is beyond my understanding. If this is all this board is good for then noria would be better off deleting the car and truck forum completely.
Maybe miro doesn't get it. Scratch that, there is no maybe.

While he does have the right to criticize this country, it's only because said right is constantly being paid for by the service of the millions who served this country.

Those who came before AD. Those who are with AD. Those who will come after AD retires.

And the hundreds of thousands who paid the ultimate price to support and defend the Constitution that spells out that right.

Lucky for you miro, that if you said that face to face too a member of the US Armed Forces, they have to much discipline to give you the beating you deserve.

This is not the place for this kind of galling crap. (My brother, who served on a FFG back in the early 80's, just shook his head at miro's garbage when I showed him this.)
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
He does have that right, he also has the right to leave here. My best guess is he'll piss and moan and stay right here. Typical!!!!!!!

Turst me any man in uniform would love to put the gloves on with him after reading this and teach him some respect. The only problem is we'd be in a world of S*.*t for it.

AD

Oh I know. And if I saw it happen, I'd deny it to the MPs/SP, whoever. The best we can do is excersize our right to say just how much of a spineless, insufferable, scam artist he is.

And if his two minions stand aside and let him, then, then we'll know their caliber too.

All this nonsense because we don't buy into synlube/yugo hogwash like the others.....
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

Oh I know. And if I saw it happen, I'd deny it to the MPs/SP, whoever. .....

Most people would. If were in a club I hang at I would probably have a nice safe exit, since my bouncer friends would swear he fell.

Honestly it ain't worth it. He's probably some old grouch just looking for attention and is flexing keyboard muscle.

AD
quote:
Bear, how could you compare that Fool to the owner of A-rX? At least the man (A-rX owner) has some class and a small customer base. I bet he also loves his country, and would never trash it on an open forum. Great way to sell product and win customers over. Pointless bringing A-rX up in this thread. Sorry man!

Miro: I stand corrected I do hate a few things: liars, cheats, thieves, con artists who use the internet to shill garbage, and spew false information, then attack people for not believing them. Ring a bell?

AD

AD, the same things you are attacking Miro with you can also attack auto-rx. I got an e-mail from a former arx user who used the product and it did not stop his oil leak, he tried to get his money back and he was not successfull, he ended up using some HM Oil and it stopped his leak.

I do not think it is pointless bringing auto-rx into this thread, we already have Synlube here, this fighting with Miro and Synlube is getting real old, how many people are going to buy his expensive oil, very few people.

Yet we have people with dirty engines and I think they need to here everything about auto-rx just like they need to here everything about Synlube, have we seen any documented proof of an engine failure from someone using Synlube, we sure have seen pics of valvetrains where auto-rx did nothing.

It seems you hate a few things about someone spewing false information then attacking people for not believing them, that is auto-rx.

You have to realize the average arx customer finds out his engine is leaking, blowing smoke, burning oil, or it is just plain dirty, they are in a desperate situation and they fall prey to auto-rx's sales tactics.

If you think the arx owner has some class then why not use the product and when you get no results and you ask for your money back and do not get it, then you can come back and tell us how much class the arx owner really has.
quote:
Big Bear

Someojne on BOB the OIL GUY asked about SAE 5W-20 oil just a simple question and that resulted in 4 pages of SynLube bashing, the poor guy did not even now that SynLube existed !!!

But now he has just ordered SynKit for his Accord V-6.

His reasoning if people hate something so badly, they must be affraid of something, like having the oil they now use becoming totally obsolete.

So keep it up it actually does sell SynLube !!!
quote:
Bear you're missing the point. He attacked the Military and is taking pokes at the country. What does that have to do with A-rX?

AD

Ah Miro a fool and his money, that is if there is even any truth to your story.

AD, he is trying to upset you and get more people to post in this thread, this is Miro's way of getting some publicity, of course he is doing it the wrong way.

ARX may not attack the country, but arx does attack there customers, does Miro attack his customers.
For all the Yugo haters,brace yourself,here it comes..............

http://seekingalpha.com/articl...-s-nano-the-new-yugo

Those cheap economy cars never really go away,they just get reincarnated......along with the economy.....

http://tatacars.blogspot.com/2...etition-to-nano.html

"The car is at the center of an industrial rights controversy, since GM have claimed that it is very similar to the Chevrolet Spark/Daewoo Matiz. GM executives have proved that the doors of the Chery car can be mounted on the Chevrolet Spark without modification, and Car and Driver, an automobile magazine, even calls it "a copy". "

Here is a list of cars that are, 'History',including the Yugo. Kinda depressing!

http://www.chicagonow.com/blog...ued-cars-trivia.html

You can add Mercury to the list too!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06...iness/03mercury.html

The not-to-distant future of the Auto industry.........

http://webcache.googleusercont...=us&client=firefox-a

Trajans next car..........(He will be begging for a used Yugo)

http://wizbangblue.com/images/...electric_car_new.jpg
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Bear you're missing the point. He attacked the Military and is taking pokes at the country. What does that have to do with A-rX?

AD

Ah Miro a fool and his money, that is if there is even any truth to your story.

I got this far catching up from a few days ago.

AD, I read what Miro said. I took it as being a history lesson, or facts. I have no idea if it is true or not. If true, well, there you have it. I did not get the impression that he was insulting you or the US military. I have the greatest respect for you men and women, and our men and women in our military, too.

We lost another soldier yesterday. I don't know if you people down there are aware, but our "heroes" are returned to Canada in a military aircraft that lands in Trenton, Ontario, a military air base. The body is transported by hearse in a procession of many cars and police escort to the morgue in Toronto for autopsy, which is about 200 miles along the 401 highway. This major highway runs east and west from Detroit to the Quebec border, and has been re-named, "The Highway of Heroes." EVERY bridge along the route is cleared of traffic by the OPP, our provincial police force, like your State police. The progress of the procession is broadcast on radio stations and television, so people know approximately when the procession will pass under a particular bridge in their area. The family of the fallen hero is present in one or more of the vehicles. These bridge tops gradually fill up with individuals, police vehicles, fire trucks from the nearby local towns. Most people have Canadian flags and the firefighters stand on the roofs of their trucks holding our a flag and saluting as the procession passes underneath. Ambulances with personnel are also present to pay their respects. Dozens and dozens of bridges along the 200 mile route are filled with people. People cheer, wave, salute, cry, etc. Police, firefighters, military personnel salute as the large procession of vehicles pass beneath them. I have been fortunate to observe a couples of these events. The police clear traffic from in front of the procession, and do not allow cars to enter the highway until the procession has passed. It's a very moving and personal experience that the common person can participate. This showing of love and respect happens spontaneously with every Hero who is being repatriated. This young man was Hero number 151. Canadians are very proud of our military people.
inHaliburton- I have no problems with you at all, Miro OTOH is a FOOL and has proven it many times over.

I have many Canadian friends, all heros in my book. A fine bunch of people that I'm proud to know and serve with.

My point is because of my sig line a FOOL goes off on a tangent. His so called history lesson has nothing at all to do in an oil forum, but when a person is sick and desperate all bets are off. It is not helping his sales, even though he might think it is.

AD
quote:
Who is the more foolish? The fool, or the fools who follow him?

quote:
You three want to attack me becaue I use the proper oil, fine.

You want to attack me becaue of a 1qt/6000 mile oil consumption, fine.

The people who design and build these engines don't have a problem with it.

The people who own these cars don't have a probelm with it.

The people who work on them don't have a problem with it.

No one, except you three, have a problem with it. Any of it.

Seperately, each of them have a wealth of experience you can't hope to match.

Together, it's so far ahead of yours that it you couldn't see it even using Hubble.

So, have at it, attack all you want. Whatever helps your collective inferiority complex, but you have neither the experience to bear listening to, or even a coherent position to come from. All you have is attacks. Poor ones at that.

My last post in this thread. Hopefully.

Hey Trajan, you were whining about being attacked recently. You aren't very swift.

You are upset because you bought that used smoker from a Beamership or from a fellow Yuppie. No joy there.

Ya, sure, you re using ARX just because you want to. Wink
inHaliburton- I honestly believe you don't think a BMW using a qt of oil in 6K miles is a smoker/oil burner do you? I also believe deep down you know that Sinlube is a hoax. I mean after all that address, location, Top Secret location BS that was posted months back. I believe you are better than that, I really do man! No hard feelings I hope, just a gut feeling I have about you. I just think you like to bust'em that's all! Smile If so I'm cool with that. Trajan's ride if a far cry from a Yugo clunker POS.

AD
Link copied to your clipboard.