Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Ah, what nonsense...... It isn't for AD to confirm or deny claims that the US Navy uses the swill.

Being that he isn't claiming they do.

Typical of synlube sychophants.

Mtro my dear boy. You don't upset me with your hysterical claim that BMW makes crappy cars. Their Idrive wasn't the brightest idea. still better than a Yugo. Hell. Mattel makes better cars than a Yugo.

I would sak you to explain why their sales are up, but you'd only go into an apoplectic fit.

How many new Yugos have been sold in the US since 1991? Where's the dealer network?
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
He lied about his business address and location, for starters. His word on the Subaru story we should take as Gospel? No way.

As far as what oil the Navy uses? I have no clue, prove to me they use Synlube. I'd think they buy their oil from some real company like XOM or Sopus?

AD

Back in the 1980's the Navy dealt with Texaco. That came out during the Pennzoil v Texaco trial. (They claimed national security concerns if they were forced into bankruptcy.) Don't know where they get it now.

He'll probably claim national security reasons for not proving it. It would be nonsense, being that we know who makes all the weapons for our forces.
quote:
I laugh when I read this. Because I'm in the Navy I should know what oil they use? Any idea how many different titles/jobs/positions/ratings, etc. the Navy has? Let him prove to me what oil the Navy is using.

Comedy at its best, just like Abbott and Costello.

AD

Yep, you're suppossed to know. They keep trying, and failing, to deflect from the fact that they can't back their claims.
quote:
Final answer - irrevelant. In 40 years of driving, I've never lost a component prematurely due to lubricant failure. I must be using one of the many approaches that work.

I have never lost a component either! I also never blew a tire.......so that means all those tire lawsuits were bogus using your logic!

Never rebuilt any engine because they all ran perfect,even with mineral oil....what you still use apparently! I passed all vehicle emission inspections.....in NJ. Ran several cars I bought used at 100k to over 200k. No big deal!

You would have one heck of an excuse if you lost an engine to a lube failure being in the line of work your in! I just use common sense. Hard to believe a guy using Synlube has common sense.........isn't it!

I used to change the oil in my cars every 2,000 miles to maintain them,even when I first started driving at 17. Common sense told me that!

About 10 years ago I started using synlube......common sense told me then...that it made sense!

I didn't keep doing what the 17 year old boy once did(i.e. keep changing oil)- I moved on to the future----the present!! I Haven't been wrong Yet,and my engines have all proven that!

Use whatever lubricant you desire for your engines,but don't state or imply that my choice is foolish when I know better than anyone on these boards other than a few.......that my approach,and the product I use works...........BECAUSE I HAVE THE EXPERIENCE USING IT!

I don't care if you're 150 years old with five PhD's.........your still not an expert nor in the forefront of the lubrication industry. You're just a guy with a job/career like me!

The only thing I have seen from you Lamont are some well written,and sometimes bizarre meandering rants regarding your opinions that give no substantial facts about lubricants nor any real statistics.

You seem to be against anything other than the old standby, because to you a car is a worthless piece of junk and should be treated as such...or so you imply! It's nothing more than a 'grocery getter'...says it all.

For what it's worth.....my wife's car is the actual grocery getter, and also the pay check getter....and my car is just the paycheck getter!! VW is the standby grocery getter, or whatever getter! The other equipment also running with synlube perform other purposeful functions.
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
Ah, what nonsense...... It isn't for AD to confirm or deny claims that the US Navy uses the swill.

Being that he isn't claiming they do.

Why not? Ad has been telling us what his Dad uses and thinks,and also what his Uncle thinks and/or does/did!

I used to work on my Dad and Uncles cars..... not just oil changes,that was the easy part! They both came to me for Info,not the other way around...and my dad was a tool and dye maker to boot. I had spent more time under the hood and chassis of my own car than behind the wheel because I had always bought very used cars with good engines,and fixed them up,and I was pretty good at it all around! Still am if needed.........got all the tools,but not much to fix with new cars.

Well Ad,we've heard about your dad,and we've heard about your uncle........Now let's hear what your other Uncle is doing...............UNCLE SAM!!!
Last edited by captainkirk
Well lets see Kirk. I listen to people who I know and respect. My Dad and Uncle fit the bill. You won't find two more knowledgeable people when it comes to engines, how to build them and maintain them. They use oil that works well, base it on the age of the car. No point in wasting money on Synthetic when dino will do the job in a beater. OTOH they use a good synthetic when they feel they need or want to.

While I'm on the topic of respect. I respect and believe Lamont knows about engines and oil. Typically when a person is not doing well in a discussion they attack out of fear. Seems Lamont has you against the ropes. Time for your cheap shots? They aren't working! I'd follow his advise over yours, as would most members on the board. Why? I believe him, he has no agenda, and you haven't proven a thing. You think you have but............Synlube is working for you great. For every Synlube user there are millions and millions of people successfully using Synthetic and dino oils with sludge free good running engines. So what is your point?

As far as my Uncle Sam, it was your comedy team that mentioned Synlube is used by the Navy. Prove it, I have no need to, since: A. I think the story is BS. B. I'll never use the stuff. C. I couldn't care less. Besides it is Miro's homework assignment. Maybe he should prove an address, and a business license and build some credibility first.

AD
His excuses are improving, at least it isn't a top secret story. How about a business license, or an actual business address? A picture of the mfg facility? That should be easy for him, he can even copy and paste something then photoshop it for it for us.

Notice the use of the SS# & DOB. How about Moms maiden name? LOL like someone would give Miro that info. With his stellar track record here I'm surprised he gets a CC number to sell product.

AD
Last edited by adfd1
quote:
Taterandnoodles

Well then it is you who must be buying SynLube since the e-mailed orders also end in @med.navy.mil

Add if you have a security clearance you calim to have you should have absolutely NO problem to verify SynLube purchase orders for YAMAHA generators they just bought 3 of them last week (NEW) that is all I can and will tell you.
quote:
Oil purchases are no great secret. None of that information is required. My digital signature is far more then what is required.

Then prove it post the PO's from SHELL, TEXACO and UNOCAL they all supply oil to Navy.

If it is no secret have the Navy or the Suppliers send you the information, I'll bet you $1,000 you can not get any of that !!!
quote:
Apparently, you are allowed to know who makes the weapons used, but not who buys this "oil".

Ok...all you 'brain surgeons'.........this is how it done! It's called 'Sherlocking'.

So,what lubricant does the military use now that we're on the subject....

http://answers.yahoo.com/quest...0080417190018AAX4DIL

Re-fined oil.....

http://www.green.ca.gov/EPP/Vehicles/MotorOil.htm

http://aec.army.mil/usaec/news...fall03/fall0319.html

SECRET MILITARY OIL..........THAT'S RIGHT--IT'S A SECRET.........

http://www.omninerd.com/comments/28811

NASCAR SECRET MOTOR OIL..

http://www.newser.com/story/55...on-is-motor-oil.html

BOTTOM LINE..............IT'S A SECRET!! GEE---WHO KNEW??

I'm sure if you kept digging you could prove that synlube is used,Trajan.
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
Perhaps you recall the emails you received from my work account. They end in med.navy.mil aka navy medicine. All of them where signed via PKI which is pulled from my CAC.

Oil purchases are no great secret. None of that information is required. My digital signature is far more then what is required.

Well then it is you who must be buying SynLube since the e-mailed orders also end in @med.navy.mil

Miro quoted....
Add if you have a security clearance you calim to have you should have absolutely NO problem to verify SynLube purchase orders for YAMAHA generators they just bought 3 of them last week (NEW) that is all I can and will tell you.
quote:

Well,Tater.........we are waiting.
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:

The purchasing agents email ends in med.navy.mil fantastic. Email me their name and I will look them up in global.

Shell does not have to sell lubricants directly although they can if they choose. Any GSA contract holder carrying any of shells products can carry them in their catalog. For Pennzoil (a shell product) the Gov can purchase 10w-30 from:

1. Capital supply, inc,
2. Mensch Mill & lumber,
3. Veteran Logistics inc,
4. Complete Packaging & shipping suppl,
5. Supplycore inc.

This is the 1st 5 I see listed on a non-secure site anyone can access. All of the above vendors hold a GSA contract and can sell motor oil and any other product they carry via said contract.

I am looking at what would be considered small purchases $3k and below although contracts can be awarded for substantial higher amounts.
Ad
quote:
For every Synlube user there are millions and millions of people successfully using Synthetic and dino oils with sludge free good running engines. So what is your point?

You don't know what my point is by now,AD?

OK, here it is...again.................NO (normal) OIL CHANGES ARE NEEDED!!!! Well,maybe every 50-100k if so desired. Sooner, if you're really a maintenance fanatic,and you will get 100% credit for the returned used oil. Then, new free oil is shipped back to you for free.

GET IT NOW,AD?

Let me also add that this oil when it's used, is waayyyyy better than store bought 'new' oil !!!

That's the bottom line point I've been telling you!

It does not mean the Gov only uses re-refined oil. My example above is not re-refined and products produced by shell, exxonmobil, castrol and even smaller companies like Royal purple and schaeffers are available from 1 quart to 55 gallon.
Kirk old boy, it's not me who claims the military uses synlube, but your Geppetto who claims it.

Geppetto, once again, made claims that he can't back up. And again, performs the synlube shuffle. And hangs himself, yet again.

My only surprise is that the other puppet isn't here attacking those who question him. Cut the strings perhaps?
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
I should add re-refined is closed loop meaning its kept in the stock system making it readily available and meeting the required mil-spec.

It does not mean the Gov only uses re-refined oil. My example above is not re-refined and products produced by shell, exxonmobil, castrol and even smaller companies like Royal purple and schaeffers are available from 1 quart to 55 gallon.

Good read,Tater!

This part of the read is what many people don't realize.

"Laboratory tests on the finished lubricant cannot determine any difference between the highly re-refined base oil and virgin crude base oil.
Re-refined oil is equivalent in every respect to oil produced directly from crude oil. It undergoes the same comprehensive testing and meets the same quality standards as virgin lubricants"

Of course, the same would apply to genuine synthetic oil being re-refined,just like crude oil.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trajan:

Trajan.......how's that much needed BMW engine overhaul going?? TOO BAD YOU'RE OUT OF WARRANTY...AND LUCK!

Did the dealer re-install the 'factory approved motor oil'.........AGAIN? LOL

Your handle,Trajan..

"They stand on a wall and say "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight. Not on my watch."

Funny thing,Trajan......nothing has happened to me or my engines,on any night--or day,or anybodies watch. That handle is.........SPOT ON! You chose it well!!
quote:
Kirk old boy, it's not me who claims the military uses synlube, but your Geppetto who claims it.

Geppetto, once again, made claims that he can't back up. And again, performs the synlube shuffle. And hangs himself, yet again.

My only surprise is that the other puppet isn't here attacking those who question him. Cut the strings perhaps?

For the past 3 or 4 pages that I've read, Trajan has contributed nothing in the way of information, or anything approaching being intelligent. Just your usual negative remarks, name-calling, insults to Capt. Kirk, Miro and myself.

Trajan, if my safety depended on you being on watch, I would be messing my pants.
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:

For the past 3 or 4 pages that I've read, Trajan has contributed nothing in the way of information, or anything approaching being intelligent. Just your usual negative remarks, name-calling, insults to Capt. Kirk, Miro and myself.

Trajan, if my safety depended on you being on watch, I would be messing my pants.

In some respects,Trajan actually has contributed quite a bit,albeit,unwittingly.....that his factory approved "swill"(his term), FAILED!!!!

He has informed us that 'factory approved' oil isn't so good......because his car uses oil(my cars use...none on synlube),and all the other MFG (oil related)issues I have shown with various links.

He slipped we he mentioned that he needed to use AR-X....in vain though,and his engine still uses oil,and loses power-- and I bet more than he revealed!

He also admitted that his valve timing system is in need of repair,no thanks to his 'approved oil'. He stated there is a very short life span for this system,something like 30k,before it needs work.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com...x.php/t-1137071.html

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/BMWrecall.htm

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm

The vanos system issues I believe are mentioned in the above post. The heat cooks/cokes the 'weak' oil,etc,

Vanos failure is definitely oil related(oh,that pesky approved oil)

http://www.m5board.com/vbullet...-failure-anyone.html

The Bottom line.....with all of Trajans arguments in favor of using factory 'approved oil' for months,and months to date..........TRAJAN HAS NOW FINALLY PROVED THAT HIS "FACTORY APPROVED SWILL"...........HAS FAILED HIM. He has proved my point quite effectively!

Also notice no denial of the engine issues that he has. Why........because it's true!

TRAJAN is like a natural Joe Biden.........always puts his foot in his mouth,and blabs away what he is trying to hide!

Joe Biden/Trajan-same thing!!

http://politicalhumor.about.co...bidens-big-mouth.htm
So I was correct, in all the links Kirk supplied not one mentioned Synlube being bought or used by the Military. Re-refinded oil use is nothing new here.

Nice try Miro once again no proof that the Navy, or any branch of the US Military or any Military uses your product. Remember the Gov't buys from real businesses, that have a real address, and a license. Which BTW you still haven't shown us.

AD
quote:
I have never lost a component either! I also never blew a tire.......so that means all those tire lawsuits were bogus using your logic!

Never rebuilt any engine because they all ran perfect,even with mineral oil....what you still use apparently! I passed all vehicle emission inspections.....in NJ. Ran several cars I bought used at 100k to over 200k. No big deal!

You would have one heck of an excuse if you lost an engine to a lube failure being in the line of work your in! I just use common sense. Hard to believe a guy using Synlube has common sense.........isn't it!

I used to change the oil in my cars every 2,000 miles to maintain them,even when I first started driving at 17. Common sense told me that!

About 10 years ago I started using synlube......common sense told me then...that it made sense!

I didn't keep doing what the 17 year old boy once did(i.e. keep changing oil)- I moved on to the future----the present!! I Haven't been wrong Yet,and my engines have all proven that!

Use whatever lubricant you desire for your engines,but don't state or imply that my choice is foolish when I know better than anyone on these boards other than a few.......that my approach,and the product I use works...........BECAUSE I HAVE THE EXPERIENCE USING IT!

I don't care if you're 150 years old with five PhD's.........your still not an expert nor in the forefront of the lubrication industry. You're just a guy with a job/career like me!

The only thing I have seen from you Lamont are some well written,and sometimes bizarre meandering rants regarding your opinions that give no substantial facts about lubricants nor any real statistics.

You seem to be against anything other than the old standby, because to you a car is a worthless piece of junk and should be treated as such...or so you imply! It's nothing more than a 'grocery getter'...says it all.

For what it's worth.....my wife's car is the actual grocery getter, and also the pay check getter....and my car is just the paycheck getter!! VW is the standby grocery getter, or whatever getter! The other equipment also running with synlube perform other purposeful functions.

Does someone have a Gibberish-to-English dictionary I could borrow? This guy tends to go in a lot of directions at once, but I can usually hang on. He threw mw way early this time (the tire thing) and my GPS won't get me back to the thread, if there is one.

You seem to wasting a lot of energy on someone who you appear to consider irrelevant.

I'll keep preaching "there many 'right' ways, the one you choose is a function of your situation". You can continue to darn any internal combustion engine to Heck if they don't use your Holy Product.

Anyone seen a tearapart of this juice? Are they still using PIB to hit the vis targets? Of course, once you add PIB, you nullify the high VI of the 4-6 cSt PAO, which means now you're in the market for VI improver. Yeah, it's all 'synthetic', but so what?
quote:
The only VOAs I've seen show it to be either a 30 or 40 wt. None of the three could explain why.

As for a tearapart, it would probably show it to be whatever oil was on sale at Walmart.

"Nothing's going to save you tonight. It's my watch."

Hey Trajan, show us the ultimate proof that Synlube is "swill." Show us that engine belonging to your neighbour that burned up using Synlube that you claim exists. You can't because you know it's a LIE!

Trajan is a LIAR.

Well?
Last edited by inhaliburton
quote:
The only VOAs I've seen show it to be either a 30 or 40 wt. None of the three could explain why.

As for a tearapart, it would probably show it to be whatever oil was on sale at Walmart.

Also notice no denial of the engine issues that he has. Why........because it's true!

Everyone has noticed you have failed to deny several times over-- your engine issues......using the so-called,FACTORY APPROVED OIL.

Walmart oil would never hold up for 70k in a buick engine. The engine would have seized up from sludge long before 70k. Thats why I used synlube for that purpose,and never had any issues with the buick riviera I spoke of.

However,walmart oil might explain your engine issues. I noticed you seem to like walmart.........and the oil they obviously sold you,which now explains your oil burning issue!!

How much did the dealer charge you for the engine work you had done??
Aside from using a qt of oil in 6000 miles, what is exactly wrong with Trajan's engine?

I read earlier today about a guy with a new V6 Honda who used a qt of the FF in 5000 miles. Does that mean his engine is bad Kirk? What if after 50,000 miles he continues to use a qt of oil every 5000 miles? I'll bet a weeks wages the dealer tells him its normal. You'll say he used the wrong oil and didn't follow proper break in procedure won't you?

AD
inHaliburton
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
Posted Jun 20, 6:22 PM Hide Post
Beats me how those who have no experience with a product can argue with those who have.

Seems this puppet doesn't understands what it says.

But..... that's what puppets do. Whatever Geppetto aka Miro, tells them.

Kind of figured that low tension piston rings/oil spray jets would be beyond their understanding.

Sad when one says in its profile "to education myself", and fails repeatedly.
quote:
Aside from using a qt of oil in 6000 miles, what is exactly wrong with Trajan's engine?

I read earlier today about a guy with a new V6 Honda who used a qt of the FF in 5000 miles. Does that mean his engine is bad Kirk? What if after 50,000 miles he continues to use a qt of oil every 5000 miles? I'll bet a weeks wages the dealer tells him its normal. You'll say he used the wrong oil and didn't follow proper break in procedure won't you?

AD

It isn't a Yugo. That paragon of engineering that won all those awards. Can't even find a 2011 model, they sell so fast....
Link copied to your clipboard.