Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

I'm also facing same problem with my camry.I took it to Toyota for enigne oil change. They told me that they have detected cylinder head gasket-hydrocarbons in the cooling system and recommended disassembly of engine and giving me estimate of around $1500. Is ther eanybody who faced same kind of problem? Can you please let me know how did you over the problem? I would appreciate your help

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for reading my message.
Actually, I don't know much. That's what they told me. As per them there could be some leakage or crack.. I don't understand that exactly. Moreover yesterday, I saw engine check light turned on, when I started running the car. I stopped and opened the hood. I heard some bubble noise. It was the noise like boiling water. I also saw some liquid drained out of somewhere from car.
it seems engine was overheated. I had similar problem with my MMC DION.
When i changed timing belt i found some leakage from engine head gasket. It looked like wet spots of oil. I found out that engine was overheated and that was cause odistortion of head geometry and breach hermetic joining.
I disassembled engine( took engine head off ) and applied "liquid" gasket (some MOPAR hermetic for engines) and problem was decided.
If i've got you wrong - sorry.
Hello,

There are many different products on the market for fixing blown head gaskets, the best that I'v seen and used is called HEAL-A-SEAL . You can go on the internet and read more about the product and order at the same time. I must say I had some gelling of oil spots in my anti-frezze and want to my local mech and he told me I have a blown head gasket and it needs to be replaced at the cost $1200.00 - anyway I went onto the internet and found this product. I ordered the product and placed it in my car. No more gelling for me all at the cost of under $250.00 a very nice saving. Hope this helps you.
Link copied to your clipboard.