I am currently working on improving the sampling methods currently used and also to develop a better overall method which guarantees reliable and consistent sampling of HP and LP systems across the board. I have experienced my share of misfit systems and disastrous programs so with that being said please find the questions below:
- What current methods are used to ensure sampling bottles conform to ISO 3722? Are they cleaned via a third party or by yourselves to meet the standards.
- What is the minimum quantity of sample required to complete an effective sample to analysed?
- Does differing oil type require different quantity ratios? e.g. transformer oil samples compared to gearbox.
- Do all samples require to be taken hot to obtain a correct sample?
- Is there common issues that samples have which can be identified as being a poor sample taken by an operator. e.g. oil containing particles or water which could be incorrect drain off before sampling.
- Is there basic information which could be useful to the analysis such as temperature at which sample is taken.
- what sample bottles are most suited for sampling? opaque or clear, volume and size of neck.
Any assistance is much appreciated.