Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have been using Synergn 3w-30 LTS for about 8 years in my vehicles. My wife has had turbo Volvos and I trucks. Do 5K oil and filter changes. Never had a UOA done, but I haven't had consumption or leak problems either. The main problem I have is locating a distributor. The source I was using doesn't return my calls.
You can order this stuff online direct, but I loath the shipping costs myself (those seems to really add the costs as apposed to finding those off of the shelf oils, which I'm sure many people in this forum wonder why I bother asking about these botique oils then).

What kind of OCI's have you been running with the LTS 3w30? I would probably use 5000 miles or so, depending on time of year and type of driving with my vehicle, but was curious about yours.
quote:

What kind of OCI's have you been running with the LTS 3w30?

Thanks for asking . BTW , call direct and shipping is FREE . 105.00 for 20 quarts . Absolutley NO affilliation .

8500 miles in a 3 quart sump 4 cylinder engine
12500 using the 3w-30 in a 6 quart German V-6 that calls for 20wt
8000 Kawasaki Superbike " 15w-50 ".
4 Races in Honda Supersport Sprint Road Race Bike using the 3w-30 including tuning laps totaling around 150 miles of 13k rpm abuse .
And other friends /family vehicles . Everyone is getting hip to this crazy good motor oil especially in bike road racing . It has been a long standing oil used in drag boat and drag car racing .

I can afford any oil out there and if I thought there was a better oil made for me and my use along with friends and family vehicle needs , I would buy it ...... Cool
Last edited by motorbike
Motorbike, wow, that's some report on the 3w30 LTS oil that they make. Do you have any experience with their 0w20 stuff?

Also, by chance have you done a UOA on their product, just to see the ingredient base that's left after having run it a while?

I also try not to put dollar signs to the quality of oil that I use in my vehicle either. My wife thinks that I'm quite obsessed with this lubrication thing. She is all of the time telling me to just pick something and use it, be happy, and quit searching for something new. I just can't help myself, though.

So, my last query, what in this oil makes it the cat's meow for you?
quote:
Originally posted by Dad2leia:

Do you have any experience with their 0w20 stuff?

I have some racing engine experience with the 20wt and as good as that oil is , I still use the 30wts for everyday usage . Even in the engines that call for 5w-20's the 30wts are a better choice for me and my needs .

Also, by chance have you done a UOA on their product, just to see the ingredient base that's left after having run it a while? .

Yes , many in fact . Give me your email adress and I'll forward a few to you . I do not believe in making my analysis's available to certain data bases anylonger.

I also try not to put dollar signs to the quality of oil that I use in my vehicle either. My wife thinks that I'm quite obsessed with this lubrication thing. She is all of the time telling me to just pick something and use it, be happy, and quit searching for something new. I just can't help myself, though.

I have seen similar time after time on the net . Once a person gets a better hold on oils and formulas they settle in with what they have learned and stick with one oil and then have more time to worry about football , racing and bikini trends Wink

So, my last query, what in this oil makes it the cat's meow for you?

The base oils used , their synergystic approach and the proprietory Synergyn used . I like buying from smaller independent companies and with this oil I get all my needs in one phone call for 5.20 or so per quart. I am not the type to worry over a few PPM of wear metals but I have proven to myself that Synergyn lowers most wear metals by 50% vs Mobil SS and all but eliminated lead and nickel . Noise does factor into analysis

Link copied to your clipboard.