Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Will it ever be fully explained, identified, or known to the modern man as the miracle lubricant of the 20th century???

The answer to this question, is most probably; "NO".

Even if it was, there will still be many reasons for most people, to not use this oil.

Speaking for myself; this is the best oil I have ever used.
I am satisfied with it, and the small difference, it is making to my engines performance.
That's the reason why I use it.

I would never go back to use ordinary oil.

If I get a sudden urge to change oil, I simply do it on one of my friends cars.

I like oil, too Smile
I began using Amsoil back in 1994, way before synthetic motor oil was a mainstream product.

People told me I was crazy and stupid for believing that synthetic oil was any better than mineral oil. Look at the synthetic oil industry now.

Now I'm checking out Synlube for the same reasons I looked at Amsoil back then.

If people tell me that I'm stupid and crazy for believing that oil technology may have evolved yet again, then I'm very inclined to move forward with Synlube. I'm not ruled by fear and doubt. I'm very curious about many things in this world, and fear does not prevent me from exploring technologies. Enjoy your Pennzoil Platinum, suckers.
In over 5 years of arguments about SynLube just about anyone who had any doubts, could have used it in their application, and by now would have had an undisputable result.

You can see it for yourself:

See SynLube on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gse25lO1uB8

Do you really think that FOX would go out of their way to promote a snake oil ?

The people who work in the news room actually used it for over 5 years before they were willing to produce an information spot on their CAR CONNECTION.

And the people show in it are actual customers, not hired actors.

But I am sure most of you will find someting extremely wrong with it anyway !

Miro Kefurt
www.synlube.com
A Question of "value"

If you buy AMSOIL, Mobil 1, or what ever and try to return even unopened bottle for a refund, you will find that once you bought the product the respective company does not want it back even if you offer it to them FREE !!!

But perhaps you have missed the SynLube GUARANTEE, that is, you can return the USED SynLube any time for full REFUND or CREDIT for the volume returned.

I.e. USED SynLube has value, that is unchanged by use !

So you do not need to go "forver" without oil change, some racers change the SynLube after every race (deffinitelly not necessary).

With over 400 racing applications, about 390 of them keep the use of SynLube as a big secret, OK with US as they have PAID for it the full retail price.

At the same time they sport VALVOLINE, LUBRAX, CASTROL and AGIP stickers and get paid thousands for having them on their vehicle.

They of course could use the sponsors fluids for FREE, but they rather WIN and get the sponsors MONEY and buy more SynLube !!!

Point is that no one has ever got SynLube from us FREE, everyone paid the same price.

So that is also the answer to all those from this post web that are asking for FREE samples to "test".

And when refused argue that it is the proof that SynLube is not any good !!!

Test anything all you want, and when you are finished with it send it back for REFUND, what could be better ?

The reson we do not GIVE OUT FREE stuff is simply this: If you get anythig FREE it has NO value to you, and thus you have no problem with throwing it away.

If you know that you will get your $100 or more BACK, when you return it, you will attach value to the product and treat it appropriately and suddenly every ounce is worth a dollar !
The last information we've get feedback from you in Feb 23, 2009, and know April 23, 2009. more than 4 weeks but still no test result.

To Miro..
i see the link you send to this forum, but still not get the result and technical explanation why we must use your lubricant. I see your face in this video..hmm...
enoch

quote:
Originally posted by Houckster:
I have no excuse. I've been extremely lazy. I'm going to try and get the sample in later this week.
Hi, enocha.

I think you can find the technical explanation to why it is an advantage to use Synlube at www.synlube.com
I find it quite amusing that after several thousand people have been using Synlube, and find the product is supurb, someone is still saying that it doesn't work.
Even though you cannot find a single USER, that have any complaints about it.
The results from the two cars(one diesel and one petrol) I have it in, is great.
Engine more quiet, a small gain in MPG, reduced oil consumption(some 70%).
I think this product gives you the best value for money, if you take into accoult all the costs about oilchanges(oil, labour, using your time etc.).
You can see the results of OFFICIAL California SMOG TEST results on our web www.synlube.com just click on the link to "Another car goes 84,245 miles without oil changes!"

Just tested yesterday and emissions are so low as not to be measurable ! Actually cleaner than NEW car at 4,000 miles !!!

No way to fake it as in California the car is hooked up to computer when on dynamometer and all the test data gets electronically transmitted to DMV. The mechanic is subject to $25,000 fine and up to 5 years in jail, if it is not done properly !

DO YOU belive the results ?

The car just turned 125,000 today and the test was done 4.24.2009

Testing OIL really in the scheme of things has no real value, but testing the CAR and it's emissions prove that SynLube works.

It really does not matter at all what is floating in the motor oil or what chemicals are or are not in it, if the car runs, performs and has emissions lower than a BRAND NEW vehicle, and that is after 109,000 miles on SynLube WITHOUT any oil changes.

AMSOIL, ExxonMobil, CASTROL and SHELL (in all its products brands - SHELL, Pennzoil, Quaker State, etc.) can not even compare !!

As big as those companies are they do not have a SINGLE vehicle test where the FTP (the only test recognized by Automotive Industry, CARB and EPA) was done over the useful life of the vehicle !

NOT A SINGLE SUCH TEST by OEM or OIL CO since 1975 ! (Why NOT ?)

But we have done it under supervision of AAA and with car from FORD, however the people at FORD that started the test lost their Jobs due to cost cutting at FORD and totally abandoned the car with AAA when "new" Engineers (paid less than 1/2 the sallary of the "replaced" ones) took over.

Fact is that SynLube lasts longer than most people's jobs in Auto Industry and sometimes longer that the Company that made the car....
quote:
As big as those companies are they do not have a SINGLE vehicle test where the FTP (the only test recognized by Automotive Industry, CARB and EPA) was done over the useful life of the vehicle !NOT A SINGLE SUCH TEST by OEM or OIL CO since 1975 ! (Why NOT ?)

Could it be that the oil companys have tested vehicles, like you have, but the results were not favourable, so the results were not reported? Na, that could not be. The oil companys would never do a thing like that. Or would they...
Actually world is a rather small place and there are only few EPA accredited Laboratories that can condust the FTP testing, all their operators know each other and are members of SAE.

I was just at SAE Convention in Detroit this week and talked with about seven different people of which 5 did already know that AAA run tests for us last year and actually asked me if we plan to run another test at 125,000 miles and 150,000 miles.

That is $7,500 to $9,000 a pop.

Since FORD does not care about any result on any car over 70,000 miles, and we just did California Required SMOG TEST which mostly shown ZERO for emission results, I'd rather save the $7,450 as the California test is only $50.00 as is required anyway to maintain California Registration.

In another 2 years it will be 150,000 on the car, and may be then we may run another FTP just to maintain the "We are the only one's who EVER done this".

But by then the Crown Vic will be worth about $1275 by kbb.com estimate.

So even than I may think twice about it, that glory will either add two more lines to our website, or alternatelly we juat may buy 1/2 of another NEW test car for the FTP test not done money....

Genrally when any automobile is 100% out of possesion of the company for which the test is done that costs $1.00 to $1.25 per mile at todays prices.

New Crown Vic is about $30,000 and about $90,000 would have to be spent for the vehicle operation and another $30,000 for the FTP testing at various mileages.

That is about $150,000 and takes several years.

Reason that BIG OIL does not do that is that every 3 to 5 years API and ILSAC comes out with NEW specs, so esentially by the time you finish the test, the OIL you have tested is obsolete and no longer produced, and in many cases the OEM also no longer makes the car as well.

So what is the point ?

You prove that the oil (no longer produced) used in the car (that is also no longer produced) worked.

With SynLube we can afford to do this since the Motor Oil Formula has been SAME since 1985 !!!

The Reason we used Crown Vic was because it is the most popular fleet car in the World !

(Taxi, Police, and in Lincoln and Mercury versions also for Livery use)
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
In over 5 years of arguments about SynLube just about anyone who had any doubts, could have used it in their application, and by now would have had an undisputable result.

You can see it for yourself:

See SynLube on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gse25lO1uB8

Do you really think that FOX would go out of their way to promote a snake oil ?

The people who work in the news room actually used it for over 5 years before they were willing to produce an information spot on their CAR CONNECTION.

And the people show in it are actual customers, not hired actors.

But I am sure most of you will find someting extremely wrong with it anyway !

Miro Kefurt
www.synlube.com

FOX news. That is what is wrong with the picture. When did they ever report the truth? I think they would do their BEST to promote Snake oils!
Hi, ebolamonkey.

What do you bring up Miro selling cheap Mobil Delvac 1?
What is the connection with Synlube and the tread here?
I have been dealing with Miro for more than 2 years now, and he is always giving great service.
However, I am buying Synlube oil, not repacked Delvac1.
Did anyone at the tdi-club purchase anything?
If not, what is your intention of bringing this up?
Has this got anything to do with Synlube oil?
quote:
Originally posted by jonny-b:
Hi, ebolamonkey.

What do you bring up Miro selling cheap Mobil Delvac 1?
What is the connection with Synlube and the tread here?
I have been dealing with Miro for more than 2 years now, and he is always giving great service.
However, I am buying Synlube oil, not repacked Delvac1.
Did anyone at the tdi-club purchase anything?
If not, what is your intention of bringing this up?
Has this got anything to do with Synlube oil?

Contacting Miro via e-mail so far has been pretty good. At least he is civil and informative going out of his way to provide some more information to those who seek it.

If you search TDIclub you will find that another user on there has had previous experience with Synlube and now that member is using it again in his Ford Focus. This was back in 2005. No recent updates have been made though.

[ref: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=17879]
Hi, again.

Thank you, for the info.

I have the same experience about Miro. He is always responding to my e-mails within reasonable time, and have good answers to my questions.
It is also great talking to him, on the phone! Smile
This is maybe most important when you are new to Synlube, and need answers fast, to calm yourself because of the prolonged kilometers on your oil.
At least I felt that way, when I put Synlube in my engine, for the first time.
Some interesting information about Synlube...

To summarize and euphemize:

http://tineye.com/

Look up the following images:
http://www.synlube.com/images/ci_001.jpg
http://www.synlube.com/images/sam01box_small.jpg

Two pictures from:
http://www.synlube.com/since2008.htm
http://www.synlube.com/since2006.htm

1st one is a person by the claimed name of "Sarah Gillbert" but she is actually Amy Reid.
2nd person is by the name of "Samantha Phong" but she is actually Kianna Dior.

Who are these two? Pr0n actresses! They use Synlube? Wow!

[Caution: NSFW if you are checking all the evidence]

If you look up a few more images that look like they were done professionally you will find that it isn't photographs for customers.

i.e. - http://www.synlube.com/since2003.htm, http://www.synlube.com/images/2003_RR_Phantom.jpg, http://tineye.com/search/e0060...1da162c108cda8c3ae08

BTW, the two pictures of the ladies were from sets that you can readily find online. Google:
Amy Reid car
Kianna Dior assault

If you take off the Google image filters you will see what I mean.

Hmmm! What is going on here?? Do you expect me to believe that the cars shown in the pictures with the ladies actually belong to them? I'd always thought, at least for import magazines, etc, that the cars are provided and the girl shows up to take some pictures. Does the pr0n industry change the formula to girl shows up with cars and takes pictures then... Well, they do what they are paid to do.

Well? I was very upset after finding this and e-mailed Miro about all this. So far no response...

[UPDATE]
Interesting thing happened. Miro responded to my e-mail! I will not post the whole thing here but in short he said that there are two other pr0n stars who took their names off of Synlube because people started to stalk them...
Last edited by ebolamonkey
I found something else that is quite disturbing.

Google search:
SAE J806
OR
SAE J 806

The first page you see is a geocities webpage.
An Excerpt from a SAE Oil Filter Test

In there you will find the following line:

"Mobil 1: Single pass efficiency (SAE J806) of 98% vs. an 85% average for conventional filters.
* Multiple pass efficiency (SAE J806) of 95% vs. an 80% average for conventional filters."

Depending on how you searched your terms you will find another page called "Oil filters" from Synlube:
Oil filters from Synlube

Go down to "Other Benefits" and in the bullet text you will find:

"*Single pass efficiency (SAE J806) of 98% vs. an 85% average for conventional filters.
*Multiple pass efficiency (SAE J806) of 95% vs. an 80% average for conventional filters."

IDENTICAL to the Mobil 1 stats from the first page.. Hmmm!

The Synlube Microglass has been confirmed as a Amsoil SDF filter and now its also a Mobil 1 filter as well??

Mysterious indeed...
It is interesting that Chang Liu <ebolamonkey@gmail.com>
that has been admitedly stalking all SynLube customers that have been dancers at various Las Vegas clubs, keeps on insisting that there must be someting wrong with our oil filters especially since after pretending to own more than half a dozen vehicles he actually has third hand used VW diesel that does not even use spin-on, and I have more than one e-mailed him that WE DO NOT have ANY cartridge oil filters.

It is also no secret that we do not make any oil filters they are usually made for us on batch contract, sometimes just few hundred and sometimes as many as 5,000.

And we do not make any discuise of their origin the filtes from AC come in AC Delco boxes, the filters from Hard Driver in theri respective packaging and the filters from Fleetguard are clearly labeled as such,

The data are form the respective manufacturers for the specific oil filter, and for you information the industry does not test the more than 568 diufferent oil filters, they ONLY test the equivalent of PH-13 oil filter in the SAE test, which by the way has not been use don any vehicle as OEM filter since 1999.

So if for example you have filter for HONDA that has 1/5 the filter element of the PH-13 (FRAM NUMBER) then the data is meaningless !!!

Unless any filter manufacturer publishes a complete SAE ASTM test result for EVERY filter size they sell individually which has never happened, it is just "relative" test which unless you have 10 year old GM 350 has no meaning in real life, but that is how oil filter insustry is - care to probe for the for sure there must be devious conspiracy there scenario ?
its the same Chang Liu?
i try to searching this name and found :
Chang Liu received his M.S. and Ph.D. degree from Caltech in 1991 and 1995, respectively. His Ph.D. thesis was titled "Micromachined sensors and actuators for fluid mechanics applications". In January 1996, he joined the Microelectronics Laboratory of the University of Illinois as a postdoctoral researcher. In January 1997, he became an assistant professor with major appointment in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department and minor appointment in the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department. In 2003, he was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure. In 2007, he became a full professor with major appointment in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering department in Northwestern University.

thanks,
enoch

quote:
It is interesting that Chang Liu <ebolamonkey@gmail.com>
that has been admitedly stalking all SynLube customers that have been dancers at various Las Vegas clubs, keeps on insisting that there must be someting wrong with our oil filters especially since after pretending to own more than half a dozen vehicles he actually has third hand used VW diesel that does not even use spin-on, and I have more than one e-mailed him that WE DO NOT have ANY cartridge oil filters.

It is also no secret that we do not make any oil filters they are usually made for us on batch contract, sometimes just few hundred and sometimes as many as 5,000.

And we do not make any discuise of their origin the filtes from AC come in AC Delco boxes, the filters from Hard Driver in theri respective packaging and the filters from Fleetguard are clearly labeled as such,

The data are form the respective manufacturers for the specific oil filter, and for you information the industry does not test the more than 568 diufferent oil filters, they ONLY test the equivalent of PH-13 oil filter in the SAE test, which by the way has not been use don any vehicle as OEM filter since 1999.

So if for example you have filter for HONDA that has 1/5 the filter element of the PH-13 (FRAM NUMBER) then the data is meaningless !!!

Unless any filter manufacturer publishes a complete SAE ASTM test result for EVERY filter size they sell individually which has never happened, it is just "relative" test which unless you have 10 year old GM 350 has no meaning in real life, but that is how oil filter insustry is - care to probe for the for sure there must be devious conspiracy there scenario ?
It seems to me that anyone who has the qualifications that ENOCHCA quotes for Chang Liu (EBOLAMONKEY) couldn't be bothered less with such mundane considerations. I also find the name very strange and a bit sick considering the devastating effects of this disease.

When I bought my SynLube Microglass filter, it was a Hard Driver filter manufactured by GM. It served me well. For my Ford Ranger, I was sent a Fleetguard filter, acknowledged as one of the best. Hard Driver doesn't make a filter for the Ranger. There was never any question in my mind that such a small company as SynLube had no capacity to make their own filters. Indeed, there was a picture of the Hard Driver box right on the website.

I have never seen any indication that the filters sold by SynLube were claimed to be made by Amsoil. Ever. I did not have time to review a threat that is, at this point, some 27 pages long. If this claim has been made, has it been documented? Where?

As for the models, there is only one course of action that is in any way relevant. That's to contact the models in question to see if their images were in any way abused so as to indicate their support of a product when they did not willingly authorize it. It occurs to me that if Mr. Kefurt were trying to exploit these women to make his product more attractive, the images would have been far more prominently displayed. It also seems entirely out of character for Mr. Kefurt. One should not discount the possibility that the models in question could have provided the testimonials to gain publicity. It is obvious that SynLube has virtually no capacity to verify the truthfulness of testimonials and must basically trust those submitting them.

Frankly, this stuff is besides the point and a waste of everyone's time. It seems that this is just another cheap shot tactic to discredit a product that seems to threaten a lot of people.

As of this date, the SynLube I installed in January, 2004 is still going strong. I maintain an overall fuel efficiency of over 4 MPG over the old EPA estimate and the truck starts noislessly even after being unused for weeks at a time. In all the time I've been using the SynLube, I have only had about 4-6 ounces of oil consumption. I couldn't be happier with the product.

NOTE: A few month after I installed the SynLube oil, I replaced the Fleetguard with a CM filter because it can be rebuilt with the benefit that I can directly inspect the filter element. About 3.5 years after that, I inspected it. The filter element had no indication of sludge or particulate matter. It was in perfect condition. I replaced the element just so I could show people what it looks like but it could have gone back into service for another 5 years easily. I know all this personal experience is irrelevant to some but I feel sure others with a more mature attitude will appreciate it.

May we get back to substance now?
Last edited by houckster
As of this date, the SynLube I installed in January, 2004 is still going strong. I maintain an overall fuel efficiency of over 4 MPG over the old EPA estimate and the truck starts noislessly even after being unused for weeks at a time. In all the time I've been using the SynLube, I have only had about 4-6 ounces of oil consumption. I couldn't be happier with the product.

May we get back to substance now?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply, and yes of course.

The problem i think is not solved until today is how to prove if this lubricant is superior? we discuss in this forum about science not about faith or religion, if we talk about science we must prove this with science and instrument or analyser is the way to prove that. we cannot use our hand or finger to analyse the viscocity of this lubricant because our body temp is 36-37 Deg C, and according to your American Standart minimum is 40 Deg C, and for working temp is 100 Deg C how can our finger extend to this working temp? After 5 years you installed this lubricant to your car, we cannot said this lubricant is still good or excellent without take a sample to analysis the degradation of the additive like ashless dispersant, metal detergent, ZDDP, inhibitor, viscocity modifier, and those base oil.
For fuel efficiency its eazy for me, i can safe the fuel if i change my car oil viscocity from standart mineral oil 20W-50 to full sintetic oil 5W-40 and its take 3-4 KM/liter of fuel. or change it to 10W-30 semi sintetic, i will get more fuel to be safe.
The problem with me is : i live in Indonesia /Jakarta and i only found 1 independent fuel and lubricant laboratory to test the sample (this company from US too) and the cost for testing our oil is U$ 300.00 to U$ 500.00 depent on type of the test. If i live in USA its easy for us to test the oil because the cost is +/- U$ 60.00.

So back to Mr. Bruce last email: if your lubricant is superior and longlife why you dont test and prove it? I believe if all members in this forum get the superior result from your test, they will change the oil to this lubricant.
Hope this clear because we are talking about science and technology, not our faith or our religion.
(sorry if my english vocab is not good...)
enoch

Posted Thu September 08 2005 09:32 PM

Establish Validity??? What are you smoking An ICP spectro of wear metals will be Established by using certifed standards to callibrate the test equipment. There is NO validity to establish DUH. 10 ppm lead is 10 ppm lead.
If ICP machine is correctly calibrated any lab will give within a few percent same answer.

So basicly if your oil sample sucks then you will not want to advertise that so you will not send out to an INDEPENDENT lab that we all can trust right?
Bruce
Last edited by enochca
There is a lot of 'hype' around 'personal' testimonials for many products. Now, if the testimonials used for marketing were all true and valid the world would indeed be a much better place than now.

My investigations were done to reveal the 'not so good' side of the company that isn't well known to the public. Doing a background check is a common business practice. Do you complain to the Bank when they run a Credit history/Credit report on you? Do you get angry at a employer when they run your criminal background? Is there some sort of offense when people look companies up in the Better Business Bureau or FTC? (i.e. Slick 50) Educated customers research before they click 'Buy it Now' and it is the unfortunate few that jump the gun without even checking the seller's History/Ratings (analogy to Ebay). This in itself is factual and the results can be interpreted by the reader in any way they choose. How is the presentation of facts any less important than Houckster's endless personal testimonial? The real disease is misinformation and in this day and age tons of people make countless amounts of money by doing just that. Going off topic a bit but if you look at these 'great people' in the self-help industry such as Tony Robbins you can see exactly what I mean.

Tony Robbins WIKI

Telling others how a 'perfect' marriage works when he himself divorces and then selling urban legends as facts in his books? This reminds me of another 'great guy' named Robert Kiyosaki who sells idiotic advice and compares his 'non-fiction' book full of good advice (Rich Dad Poor Dad) to Harry Potter. Hmm!!

By the way, Miro is very jealous that someone else (me) can purchase a third hand (used) VW Jetta TDI for cheap ($9300) so he decides to put words in my mouth by saying that I've owned half a dozen (6) cars. Actually, I've owned now only about half a dozen (Nissan Quest, BMW 325i, VW Jetta, Acura Integra GSR, Honda CRV, Subaru Forrester). Third hand used. Writing professionally you only need the latter and not the former so by doing this you intend to make a cheap shot remark at my vehicle. Ah well, I guess it sucks getting 45mpg all the time running on a fuel that now costs less than Gasoline. I am such an idiot right? Smile

Each to his own but at the end of the day the amount of time people spend worrying about their cars is way more than they worry about their health. Which one do you use for a lifetime and is irreplaceable?

Oh, yeah, and investigating the authenticity of these testimonials by e-mailing the available customers is now 'stalking?' I guess in court when they verify the truthfulness of remarks made by witnesses they are really stalking them if they ask for references or verifying with other witnesses.

You (Miro) spent all this time trying to discredit me but haven't explained to the public why your website is littered with contents apparently stolen (copy/pasted) from other websites. Sure you don't have time to verify the authenticity of these testimonials or check to see if you who ripped off actually allows you to use the content but when others point it out you shut then down. We are doing your homework for you and your backlash is from your own emotions and not from a professional outlook.
When someone sends us e-mail, and we get 100 to 150 a day and asks: "how your product works in XYZ" we do nothave time or run any DMV, J D Power or RL Polk search FIRST before we reply if that person actaully owns XYZ, or else why would someone ask ???

When two or three similar e-mails get through but the next lists ABC, insted of XYZ lot of times that is because that person is either owning BOTH vehicles or is contemplating to get the ABC.

That happened hundreds of times before so that alone is not strange or suspicious to me or anyone else.

But when same e-mail adress is asking about SynLube performance in anything from HONDA Gold Wing to HD Diesel Truck (all six different category vehicles) that may be also bit out of the norm but NOT unusual as we have peopel that own as many as 21 different vehicles, and some HD truckers also have personal cars, and even motorcycles they haul IN their 18-wheeler

But when FINALLY that person proclaims he owns USED vehicle, like you know who, then the strange think is why was he asking about all the other vehicles ?

When his vehicle does not use a filter that we even offer, why does he spend so much time and effort to "prove" that there must be someting wrong with the Spin-on filters we sell to our customers for use WITH SynLube

When that person uses Facebook and otehr means to attempt to contact people on our web that may be bit over the line as those NOT posting their e-mail obviously do not want to be bothered.

But when provided with private e-mail of owner of the same vehicle that has over 100,000 on SynLube without oil chagnes and he makes no effort to contact him, and at the same time I get e-mail and phone call from more than one customer that this "nut" is bothering them, that is one step from reporting it to Police and FBI as it may qualify as WIRE FRAUD.

Since one of the pictures of persons car with licence plate was viewed by only 65 visitors and that one gets a "threatening e-mail" that even tells him were he lives with google map reference that is definitely STALKING and in California there it is a crime....

Simple as that !!!
Miro, it must have taken you at least half an hour or more to write that last post. I'm astonished that you could understand the original post and respond. He's a non-believer and personally, I think it's a complete waste of time responding to such nonsense.

Perhaps EBOLAMONKEY (that name tells me a lot about the poster) should check with his psychiatrist for a change in his medications.
Ok, back to lubricant not faith or religion, and how to prove that for a scientist?
Thanks...

quote:
NO it only took few minutes of typing on the fly that is why there are so many "mistypes" I did not even run it through spell checker.

So let's get back to "lubricants" and leave the "psycho" out of it !!!
Scientific Tests versus Real Life tests verified with Industry Accepted (also Government Required) Test.

Some points:
1.) No on has ever come up with a reliable test that can confirm any lubricant formulation performance in all applications.
2.) While theories of what happens to lubricants in internal combustion engines exist, no one has ever been able to reliably produce things like “cold sludge”, “black sludge” and the famous TOYOTA “gel” in a laboratory condition, repeatedly.
3.) Case in point is the Theory that Phosphorus in Oil be it part of the crude or part of disassociated or chemically “broke” ZNDTP poisons catalytic converters based on the use of Platinum, and further theory goes that excessive oil consumption causes the same, yet in over 30 years and 26 of that actively SAE was not able to come up with reliable test procedure, that could be repeated even twice on the SAME engine!
4.) Low cost “used oil” test are not very reliable, want a proof? Send the same oil sample to the same Lab week or two apart and see for yourself, send the same sample to two different Labs, and you will have proof of how “unreliable” the data is.
Now what we claim:
1.) SynLube Lube-4-Life is suitable to be used in modern vehicle for the “useful life”
2.) If you want to keep your car or truck “forever” change it every 5 years or 50,000 miles and send the used SynLube back for 100% credit for volume returned.
3.) If you are not satisfied for any reason you get full refund any time, NO TIME, NO MILEAGE limits and no excuses!
The real facts
1.) In 26 years not single customer has ever asked for money back Guarantee!
2.) Only 5% of customers change the SynLube into a FRESH FILL or keep vehicles “forever”
3.) 85% of SynLube customers replace their vehicles in 3 to 5 years
4.) 72% of Synners are women as they hate oil changes or dealing with car mechanics in general
5.) It is not secret that we have disproportionate number of Lesbians and “dancers” in our customer base, exactly because of the “we hate to deal with men” attitude they have based on their personal experience of “TOTAL ABUSE” by mechanics, and men in general.
4.) The average ownership of a vehicle in USA has 3 to 5 owners for a typical vehicle in USA is actually about 128,000 miles by NHTSA data.
5.) The longest CARB or EPA vehicle certification is 15 years or 150,000 durability, not for the engine or the car but JUST for the emission system, in case the car runs that long, and no Light Duty Truck, or SUV was ever certified for such durability! (Most are 7 years or 70,000 miles now, check CARB and EPA certification data for last 10 years).

6.) Most people live with the illusion that modern cars will last “longer” but that is not a reality, just like most “Baby boomers” think they are immortal, yet they are dying off in the 50’s every day and they parents are actually surviving them !
7.) SynLube is a curse for the mechanics – customers do not need oil changes, it is curse for the Oil Industry as no petroleum is used, it is nightmare for the OEM as the engine lasts longer (at least internally), in real life NO ONE benefits, but the vehicle owner !
8.) Quick Oil change industry spends over $45,000,000 annually to promote 3,000 mile oil change interval
9.) GM spends more per vehicle in their oil monitor life system that the cost of SynLube to tell you that the 3,000 oil change is not necessary !
OUR PROOF ?

Our customers and the fact that SynLube was the only lubricant ever tested in EPA approved Laboratory (AAA in Diamond Bar) for emissions over the certified life of the vehicle (See the Crown Vic report link on HOME PAGE).

Believing in Mobil 1 that is made by ExxonMobil in now 9th re-incarnation of the “formula” that is not even close in performance to the original SAE 5W-20 Mobil 1 from 1975 is “faith” and “religion”.
If something is really that great why tere are over 17 different versions of the same thing ? (Mobil 1) or 26 of them (AMSOIL), when ONE formulation and one viscosity SAE 5W-50 can satisfy every application on EARTH ?

The real reason form Mobil 1 was that ONE oil can replace ALL OTHER OILS, versions API designations and all climate application – that advertising as well as technical idea only lasted till 1977 when that idea was scrapped and when Exxon took over Mobil their first “invention” was to sell Mobil 1 as “synthetic-blend” with less that 2% of PAO in the mix……

Need I type more ????

Syn-cerely

Miro Kefurt
www.synlube.com

PS: We are not standing with loaded gun to our customers head forcing them to use our products, yet for new customers we usually have 7-10 days lead time, so our products actually sell faster than we can make them, that is one reason why we “reject” and “discourage” any applications in “worn out” and really old cars, but car collectors with more than few cars just love our stuff, just imagine keeping track of oil changes on 21 cars (I own that many) versus it was done once and that is it !
So the whole thing was started about 5 years ago and after 28 pages of argments the answer to the initial question:

Copy:
OK. How can this lubricant handle engine contamination by-products over such a long period of time? Every mile driven is going to contribute some contamination products, mainly unburned fuel and moisture. If the lubricant is inert it will not combine with these contaminates, but they will remain and accumulate in the crankcase.

Is:

So what !!! If the car runs just fine for the "useful life" and has tail pipe emissions LOWER than NEW, who cares how many theoretical deposits or what evers you have in your crank case ? After all are you really worried about all that STALE AIR and accumulated moisture INSIDE your tires ? Should you not change the AIR reguralily, have you ever tested the used Tire Air for possible accumulation of volatile coumpounds form the internal vapors caused by the post vulcanization emissions from the rubber?
What about the condensed air moisture that surelly gets in with each inflation ?

The inside of the rim may get corroded, and so on....

No you do not care about the quality of the AIR in your tires, for if you did you'd be filling them only with 100% pure Nitrogen!

So why be theoretically worried about "purity of lubricant" when it works just fine over the lifetime of a typical vehicle ?

Should you also not panic about the quality of grease in your wheel bearings ? Or the condition of CV joint grease in the FWD drive shafts ?

Surely you should, perhaps annually, but when the normal driver gets lifetime of use without maintenance or re-lubrication, only the real fanatics dare to care !

Why not adopt the same attitude for Motor Oil replacement as people have already done with ATF, Grease, CV Joints, and Spark Plugs....

But OH well changing points and condenser every 3,000 miles is really a must, too bad that cars in USA have not had them for 30 years now !!!
Someone who alos reads these posts religiously but apparently does not want to get into "pointless" arguments with the registered users, just sent me a direct e-mail saying, well you never addressed the PTFE questions, etc.

Well some were made before I bothered to register and read the posts. but here it goes:

In Tribology (lubrication, friction & wear), not just the substance matters but also its shape and change of the shape or properties under use (temperature, pressure, flow velocity, etc.)
PTFE or Teflon in Slick 50, just check the www.ftc.gov for all the legal actions on behalf of consumers against the more than half a dozen of owners of the “slick 50” trademarked products, I do not need to recap them here.
Shape in most products the Teflon is flakes or machining dust from production of various products made from Teflon, and since Teflon is quite expensive, hey why not sell the “dust” to someone for something ?
It is great grease filler, etc.
It has been used in the old fashioned printing industry in inks because it made the soft type last 2 to 5 times longer, i.e. it lubricates that well !
But granted if the stuff is “dust” and has irregular shapes and is in site comparison a big boulder then it will settle out and “clog” fine filters.
But wait, the PTFE used in SynLube is PERFECT sphere in 0.3 to 1.2 micron range and you need 400 x microscope just to see it (you can see settled out PTFE in Slick 50 with just 3 x magnifier glass).
So shape and size do matter, as they affect the properties of the lubricant that uses them.
The fine sub micronic PTFE we use in SynLube if the stuff that is still put into inks and lubricants and is sold exclusively for that purpose.
IT is not post production “dust” that somebody saved from disposal.
The difference is that it is 90 times more expensive, and while the sub micronic spheres really do work like ball bearings, the dust just does not do it.
TUFOIL which was actually FIRST to use PTFE in their additive only has 1% by volume in their additive which goes for $15.00 and mixes with up to 5 quarts of motor oil.
The PTFE content in SynLube Lube-4-Life Motor Oil replacement is 9% or about 45 times more by volume in the SynLube than TUFOIL treated Petroleum Motor Oil !!!
Just by that alone we should sell SynLube for $675 per US quart !!!
Yet people who have used TUFOIL for years think it is worth the cost !
IF you need to think of the Oil Filter plugging in different way think of a bee being able to fly through chain link fence with not even bumping into the wire, yet a goose will sure get stopped by it.
When something is up to 30 times smaller than the 10 micron filter element, then it sure will flow through with no issue, yet something that is 2,500 times larger and 100 bigger than the 25 micron cellulose filter will both be trapped and will clog the filter.
But some how that by the ANTI PTFE proponents gets NEVER mentioned !!!
PTFE is a solid ad and such it has a definite size and shape so in any discussion about it’s properties that MUST be include to make any sense.
Just saying it does not work, is just plain ignorant if not stupid.
It is like saying rolling bearings do not work, look I tested it and it failed !!!
But you neglect to say that the rolling element you used in your filed experiment was a cube and not a perfect sphere, ups, but due to ignorance you can not even comprehend the different properties of cube versus a ball.
Conversely you can claim that paperweights are useless device as they roll of the table, but you neglect to mention that you used “egg shaped” device rather than a “pyramid”.
Yes SIZE as SHAPE definitely matter in Tribology !!!
Why that is such a mystery to many people ?
How do you keep solid, inert spheres in suspension and off the bottom of the pan?

How is PAO "just as good as new" after being in an engine for 5 years?

For the prices you are charging for your product, you should be using flourine based oils, and yet you do not.

You sell this stuff out of a small office in a small office park. Who does the blending for you? There are no blenders in Las Vegas.

Porn stars on your site? That is just too funny.
quote:
Originally posted by Houckster:
Yes, the oil was installed in January, 2004. The gas mileage and performance are still excellent.

I am going to submit the samples sometime in the next couple of days. I drove all of 83 miles in February and have all but gotten away from driving. That's part of the reason, I haven't submitted the samples before now.

And still nothing.
To Tempest:

Who ever you are, I’d be happy to meet you in Las Vegas, if you buy a dinner in a decent place and you can ask all you want !!!

1.) How does dust that is so much heavier than air stay suspended in air ? Should that have not settled to earth by now (after billions of years ?)

Well air gets heated and wind is circulation !

So that keeps the dust in atmosphere for years and years.

If you notice in any mechanism there is both heat (from combustion) and flow (from parts movement as well as forced pumping) - and once you take time to understand the phenomenon associated with colloidal chemistry (totally unknown before 1924) then it will not be such a mystery.

But the main reason is simply this: Colloidal System !

A colloidal system is not a true solution but it is not a suspension either because it does not settle out like a suspension will over time.

Hence no settling out...

If you care to see it you need ultramicroscope

The ultramicroscope was developed by Richard Adolf Zsigmondy (1865 - 1929), who was awarded a Nobel Prize in 1925 for his research on colloids and the ultramicroscope.

2.) That is "Trade-Secret" PAO process that we share only with a specific supplier and it really is more like 26 years !!! Since it only took 22 years to perfect, no way I will tell you what is involved (Exxon nor Mobil or Shell have any clue that it is even possible, that is why in their PAO based synthetics they recommend that you change the oil as often as recommended by the OEM for conventional petroleum if your vehicle is under "warranty", just read their back label on any synthetic product they sell.

3.) Fluorine or fluorocarbon oils are corrosive to Al and its alloys, racing engine with Krytox in it only lasted 45 minutes to great surprise of DuPont.

Also they cost more like $400 per liter

In Automobiles the only applications for such products are in • Sealed for Life CV Joints • Weatherstrip Lubricant to prevent glazing "squeeks".

4.) Obviously you have not been anywhere near where we are.

5.) We do the blending and packaging, we are NOT oil company so you do not see any tanker trucks or 2 billion gallon vats.

And we can custom blend as little as 5 gallons to order in 48 hours, just try to get less than a tanker load from ExxonMobil of anything !!!

6.) If there were no men to pay women for taking their clothes off then there would be no dancers in Gentleman's Clubs in Las Vegas, now if some of them do more than that, which is not legal in Clark County anyway (where Las Vegas is located) then that is their personal business, and after all they are all PAYING customers what they do for income is not really our business, but it seems to be for some SynLube Critics that never used SynLube in anything !

Oh yes some of them we got because one of our "secret" products is "Syn-Tan" - a way to get a tan (sun tan) without any sun, quite useful if you do not want to have "tan lines".

And no you can not buy "Syn-Tan" on our web !!!
quote:
Well air gets heated and wind is circulation !

So that keeps the dust in atmosphere for years and years.

What happens when the engine is shut off for a time? No more heat or ciruclation, which allows setteling.

Dust also has a much smaller specific gravity than teflon which is quite heavy. Dust also has a platelet profile which provides much greater surface area than a perfect sphere for lift.

Dupont has also stated that there is no benefit of Teflon in an engine oil.

quote:
the sub micronic spheres really do work like ball bearings

Sure... How do spheres that are smaller than the asperties act like ball bearings?
Plus you ignore the hertzian forces that would be put on these tiny spheres. They would squish/sheer or imbed into the base metal due to the infinitesimal bearing surface.

And you say that you have developed a PAO that is virtually immune to oxidation (very similar to Krytox for a 1/10 the price?), that multibillion dollar oil companies can't understand, yet you sit on it and only sell a few quarts out of an office? OK....

I don't care what porn stars do on their time but if you are using their images to promote your product and changing their names (why would they do this?) without their knowledge, that shows a serious problem with ethics.
PS: When a customer orders SynLube which 98% of time is by web and paid 97% of time with Credit Card, there is such thing as "verification" which compares address given to us with billing address on file, and it goes without saying that the "NAME" has to match as well.

NO "verification" = NO "approval" and NO "charge to the Credit Card", only the scammers from Ghana and Congo, and now also Australia, have not yet figured that one out !

We get 3 or 4 of those almost EVERY DAY !!!

When a customer sends us a picture later on with their car sometimes we put it on our web.

Thinking that the "stage" names some people may be using because they do not want to be terrorized by people like you know who, are their real names is beyond silly.

And if someone spends $300 to $500 on SynLube products, I doubt they would send "fake" pictures of themselves or their cars to us.

And as for the image cross check it is strange that some of our pictures that we have found duplicated thanks to Ebolamonkey, are on sites in Poland and Serbia and Ukraine.

Since most of our pictures have the vehicle Make and Model in the tag line, when someone searches for them they may show up, at it seems that in those countries they have better image search than Google or Yahoo. They also seem to have no issue with "illegally" using such images on their webs without giving appropriate credit.

Hey we sent nasty copyright infringement notices to over 175 webs just in 2008 and never got a single reply back. 2 of the by the way were to AMSOIL dealers !

There is not much you can do legally against web server in Poland at the moment if they decide to copy anything and everything.

Finally skeptics will be forever skeptics and those that have decided that SynLube will not and can not work, will still think so, even 40 years later (that is how long SynLube has been available to public).

Hey the 1953 Citroen is still running with now the 3rd oil change, and 1 st ever gear box oil change, but wait that can not be of any importance 56 years later....
Hi, Miro.

I don't think there is any use in arguing with Tempest. He will never admit that there could be something he doesn't know.
Especially if it doesn't come from one of the big oilcompanies.
Talking to a wall, would be much more rewarding.

People who have actually tested a product and got good results over a long period of time, are not to be trusted, is his opinion.
He also doesn't believe in trying a product himself(actually, he has never done that, so it is very hard for him to do such a thing).
Hi.

I am sorry to tell you all, that after 72000 kilometers, I drained out the Synlube(but, I have put it in their original bottles, so that I can use it later). This is simply because I have started to test a new product. I tested this product in my high pressure diesel pump(that was ready to be changed out), differential and transmission. The evidence that it is working, is indisputable. That is why I drained the Synlube, temporarily. When I have finished this other treatment, I will fill it back in the engine.
AHA the always anonymous "Tempest" once again is at it !!!

SynLube Lube-4-Life® is not just PAO, it is a blend of 5 different liquids and 3 different solids in colloidal form, but then if you take time to read information on our web www.synlube.com you would know that by now !@

If Teflon (PTFE) is such a great heat insulator, then explain how it is possible to fry eggs on a pan that has this great heat insulator on it ? How can you boil a water in a pot that has 1.5 mm Teflon coating on it ?

Just think a bit before you make uneducated statements.
quote:
If Teflon (PTFE) is such a great heat insulator, then explain how it is possible to fry eggs on a pan that has this great heat insulator on it ? How can you boil a water in a pot that has 1.5 mm Teflon coating on it ?Just think a bit before you make uneducated statements.

Miro, Tempest won't get it. Your example wasn't simple enought for him to understand...
All I can say for all that are skeptic in this product is, it works. I´m an engineer in the petro industry and have been using Synlube in my 2007 Ford Focus going on 20k now without issue. I also plan on using the product in my daughters new 2009 Honda Accord and feel it provides a number of benifits over the conventional market.
The returned SynLube is reprocessed, and generaly sold to Government fleets, that operate under the President Clintons Executive Order that requires the use of RE-REfined or Re-processed Motor Oil in order to be qualified for Government Grants and other fleet subsidies.

The Price for the re-processed Motor Oil is $50.00 per liter

And of course your tax money pays for it, so you can just as well enjoy it FREE !!!

You pay $32.00 a liter for it, then when you are done we give you the $32.00 back.

But only few Einsteins have ever figured out that the use of SynLube is only the cost of the 3 to 5 filters used during vehicles typical useful life and the few Liters that it will "burn".

The oil consumption ranges from the worst of about 300 to 900 miles to Liter (PORSCHE TURBO) to as low as 35,000 miles (Some F-150 trucks, and few Toyota engines).

Filters if they are returned are cut appart for examination, the worst I have seen in 26 years was from Chevy AVEO !!!

Generally the stuff found in the filter tells us how good the engine construction and assembly quality is, as the performance of SynLube is a known constant since the last formulation change in 1985.

Thus we can tell which engine is made where and how good it is....
http://lube4life.com/PR201001.htm

Another car goes 122,300 miles without oil changes !
SynLube's Lube-4-Life® System makes it possible.

http://lube4life.com/PR201001.htm

Just try that one with Delvac 1

for your information we have been selling the Delvac 1 to our fleet customers
for 16 years, as in some high oil consumption applications SynLube is just not
cost effective.

Delvac 1 is quite good motor oil what is even less known that SynLube since
Mobil and now ExxonMobil keeps it as a big secret, that is they loose money on
every gallon they sell, do not ask me why, that is their problem!

Their answer to me was, we only use it as "problem solver" where the Delvac 1200 or Delvac 1300 just wont do the job.

We sell it to our fleet customers, few times we tried e-bay, but that was a waste of time.
"The returned SynLube is reprocessed, and generaly sold to Government fleets""

I doubt that since I do not think that was an Executive Order I though it was on a farm bill but even if Executive Order it only requires that re refined base oil used to blend new lubricants MAY be used in Goverment fleets BUT that the oil MUST be a price and performance equal to virgin so $50 quart or even per gallon will not fly compared to virgin.

And "reprocessed" will it API requirments as new?

""In order to be qualified for Government Grants and other fleet subsidies""

What grants? please post where this is spelled out I can not find.

bruce
quote:
Originally posted by RobertC:
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
Heres an easy one. What company name are you using to sell reprocessed lubricant to the government or what is your GSA contract number?

I HATE to do this, but, well......

Popcorn, get your popcorn here!

Also, popcorn can be consumed by crickets.
I am new here,but have been using synlube for almost ten years now. I have found the Re-Refined oil info on the net in 3 minutes!!! It's under Executive order 13101,...so Miro was spot-on correct. Skeptics, can you do a little investigative research on your own!!! Re-refined oil info is all over the net!!!

I would also like to mention that synlube is for-real,and does and is working like stated in all my vehicles,...lawn mower,snow blower,pressure washer,etc. The equipment falls apart around the engine,until one now has "junk" with a perfectly good engine!!!
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
It's under Executive order 13101,...so Miro was spot-on correct

no not at all if the synlube is re refined and the resulting base oil is used to make a new lube then YES it must be looked at by the precurement dept. But how is synlube "reproscessed"? BUT also the product also has to

""meet the reasonable performance standards of the procuring agencies""

And must not be

""available at an unreasonable price""

If virgin oil ia $5 per gallon how or why would any goverment agency buy $20 or $30 per QUART "reproscessed" synlube?

also where are the goverment grants?
you may not know that todays modern re refining will product a base oil as good as virgin which when blended with he correct additive systems will make as good a virgin auto oil. This is a large capitol equipment investment similar to a lube oil refiner and as such due to very high gallon through put drianed synlube would be mixed with untold other gallons of drianed oil and the resulting base stock then could be used to make "new" lube that would apply to the Executive order 13101 if that is the correct one. So per this order there is no way to just "reprocess" synlube and re sell it best you can do is to re refine it and get the good base oil out to which additives to make new oil have to be added.
Yes, I know about virgin oil and re-refined oil being about equal,with the re-refined better actually if its done right.

However,you are not a blender like Miro, and would not know what his tax structure is?? I will not say miro actually received 50/quart directly or otherwise, such as a tax credit. Why don't you contact his CPA,or even your TAX man if he is informed about such a program...tax laws are monumental. My CPA informs me of things every year that even he can't believe.

I did ship back to Miro one gallon of used synlube when I traded my car and he sent me back one gallon free and free shipping too. I only had to pay to ship him the used oil,why would he do that if he was not getting credit back to justify this,it would not make sense. I put the new oil he sent me in a new v6 stang.

It is amazing that even though "I" found the info on the net validating his claim regarding the executive order that others denied it still is not good enough, but I expected that as usual. One can always make some argument.

Would anybody like to inquire about my now 8 years experience with the product in foreign and domestic engines,new and used. We can talk about what the government does some other time,.....another lost cause!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
I am new here,but have been using synlube for almost ten years now. I have found the Re-Refined oil info on the net in 3 minutes!!! It's under Executive order 13101,...so Miro was spot-on correct. Skeptics, can you do a little investigative research on your own!!! Re-refined oil info is all over the net!!!

I would also like to mention that synlube is for-real,and does and is working like stated in all my vehicles,...lawn mower,snow blower,pressure washer,etc. The equipment falls apart around the engine,until one now has "junk" with a perfectly good engine!!!

My question has nothing to do with finding the executive order.

I want to know what company name or GSA contract number they are selling it through. It is not required to have a GSA contract but the use of GSA contracts by agencies is preferable over open market purchases.

FYI the federal and state governments have access to all of the major oil companys products via GSA contracts. If they wish they can purchase products from Exxon-Mobil including Mobil 1, Chevron, Sopus etc etc. If they choose to go a greener route via GSA contract they can also purchase products like GET G-oil.

Mantek? I have not heard of that one, but its available. They provide engine oil but also industrial oils.

http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/...RVIEW&contentId=8106

I should add I have tried searching under the company names that I thought would generate a return with no luck including Oka, Mirox, Synlube I even tried simply searching Miro's name etc. My best guess is he is not albe to offer it at a high enough volume and is selling it locally.
Last edited by taterandnoodles
WOW I was reading about this on another site, this argument has been going on for years now. Still no VOA or UOA reports? This product is so advanced no lab is capable of analyzing it? Yea OK. Americans want to see proof, before they spend the kind of money this oil costs, so far all I see is hype by people planted here to post about the product. Anyone want to buy a bridge? LOL

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
WOW I was reading about this on another site, this argument has been going on for years now. Still no VOA or UOA reports?

That is not entirely correct. There is a UOA posted by Houckster in this very thread, its pretty far back now. I did not find it particularly helpful. There is a second on BITOG in the last Synlube thread. I personally found that one far more interesting and it appears to match the values posted on synlube.com. I am unaware of any others being posted.

I would be interested in seeming any others if anyone knows of any.
How do we prove the miles on the oil are actual? Unless a well respected member sent in the sample, I have no reason to believe any of it. Sorry, I blame being born and raised in NY, for my lack of trust.

I also read on the other site how defensive, sarcastic, and hostile the shills were.

Tater this isn't directed at u.

AD
That is why sending in a sample of the lube-4-life is a waste of time,because it will be dismissed for this or that reason!!! I think someone here if they are curious enough like I was over 8 years ago will have to take the plunge and go for it!! The posts have at least proven the curiosity level is there!

I tested it out on several of my "beater"(older with 100k) used cars as an "experiment". They all had very good engines in them at the start or I would not have bothered. I perform all my own work and repairs and figured if one of the engines started having any issues I could just change back to Amsoil and even do a flush. I am very much into maintenance and pay very close attention to my vehicles and listen to everything etc. It's almost an obsession!!

The 1996 buick riviera got the synlube at 114k and was traded in at 176k because the transmission was acting up and I was due for a new car anyway. The engine was flawless(3800 series II),and was flawless and running absolutely perfect at trade in. It was late at night and I never had the chance to even drain the oil out in that case. Synlube gives 100% credit for used oil,I got the credit using the pontiac oil when it was traded in.

The purpose was to first prove synlube lube-4-life before I installed in a new car which I finally did.

UOA has its place,but if the engine is running perfect,starts perfect at 5 degrees(no noises ever),economy always 23mpg,passes inspection etc., I never bothered. The best test would be to pull the motor apart and inspect for sludge,"mike" everything up etc., No UOA could do that!!

The NY taxi cap test with slick-50 involved pulling the engines apart before and after to measure all the specs and quantify all wear. That would be the right way to prove anything and that's why it was done. Not sure if they did uoa.

I did however on occasion peak into the valve cover with the oil fill cap/extension off all cars and saw only a clean,no sludge,no varnish environment. Very impressed by this.The synlube actually cleaned any varnish that was on the dipsticks,what can I say,it's true.

There must be some motor heads in this group somewhere with "credibility" who could prove what I already know to be true. This has been going on for years now,that is correct!! That should at least lend a good deal of credibility to the product,it's still around now for decades!! Wouldn't the FTC,or ripoff report, or major negative press be out there by now. That is why I decided to use it,....only good press,none bad that I could find,...and I looked.

Cars that had or still have this oil are, 2001 vw 1.8t 2009 mustang v6, 1991 cadillac 4.9(totaled),1995 pontiac 3.1(traded with-38k on oil,7 years) ,1996 buick riviera(traded-60k on oil,5 years), 2008 Jeep 4.7 v8.

Even though I did not put 100k on oil,it still is impressive. All cars had "severe" miles on them!!

I tried using castrol syntec in a 1986 regal 5.0 going 7,500,and had issues with sludge!! I flushed out the engine and went to amsoil at that time and did 10k changes,no problem,sold car with 190k. Store bought oils can't or shouldn't do extended oil changes,even mobile one states this now,its on the back of the bottle. Therefore going 60k is very impressive with zero issues using the synlube at the very least.
Captain Kirk: Since you seem to have the hotline to Miro. Perhaps you should notify him, that according to The State of Nevada, Department of Taxation, the Synlube business license is shown as PERMANENTLY REVOKED. This information is for public viewing on the Nevada state Department of Taxation, search for business entity, and type in Synlube. It clearly shows the business license as REVOKED and PERMANENTLY REVOKED at that!!

Also the Southern Nevada BBB gives Synlube a rating of (F). It is stated that the reason for that rating is it is not legally licensed to operate. This info is available for viewing on the Southern Nevada BBB website as well.

You should also notify Miro that his MIROX corp, is currently in default to the State of Nevada as well. The only facts that I have been able to verify concerning Synlube is that they are not legally licensed to operate in Nevada. I for one would not trust a company to warranty my engine, when they can't even pay there taxes....That is the only truth I can verify about Synlube folks. You can look it up as well, and verify for yourselves.
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
And still nothing from all the "Synluber's" Your silence tell's all, about the credibility of Synlube.

Captain Kirk, Jonny-B, Houckster, and yes you Miro...What a load of **it.

That is some interesting information. So I wonder why the synlube website has not been shutdown,and Miro is not sitting in jail rignt now??,...I know I would be!!! Where is the FTC,FBI etc.etc. If any company were actually in that much trouble of doing all of that they would have been gone long ago,taken away by the feds and put in jail.

We are not talking about some business on the side of the road. This company has a website and full exposure!!! Try doing all those criminal acts yourself with a website and major exposure for even 1 day,let alone decades,... and see how far you get!!

You better be hiding in a cave somewhere,outside of the US.
Ahh, so here is where they fled.

OK, lets just ignore all the hard selling and attacks on those who dare to question this "Holy Grail"

I just want some basic answers.

The TBN of M1 0w-40 is 11.3

The TBN of synlube is?

The HTHS of M1 0w-40 is 3.7

The HTHS of synlube is?

M1 0w-40 is rated ACEA A3/B3

synlube is not. Either it hasn't been tested, or it has been and failed.

So, why should I buy it? And none of this save the Earth crap. If you are that concerned about it, you wouldn't need synlube because you wouldn't be driving...
Quote:

Ahh, so here is where they fled.

OK, lets just ignore all the hard selling and attacks on those who dare to question this "Holy Grail"

The TBN of synlube is?

The HTHS of synlube is?

So, why should I buy it? And none of this save the Earth crap. If you are that concerned about it, you wouldn't need synlube because you wouldn't be driving...

End Quote

30 pages of people endlessly demanding answers to this question and that question. None of the answers to your endless demands/questions have made any differece to opinions one way or another on this thread. Personally, I think the product has merit, though, I have not used it. Only what I've read and various testimonials. Too many blenders and people having taken night course on motor oils. Doubting Thomas don't normally realize the truth when they bump into it.
quote:

The TBN of synlube is?

The HTHS of synlube is?

Odd that in 30 pages these questions weren't answered. Oil companies might not disclose certain info, but this basic info is readily available.

AD
Again Synlube does not have a valid business license...It has been PERMANENTLY REVOKED...The Southern Nevada BBB gives them a rating of (F). These facts are verifiable via the State of Nevada, and the BBB.

These are the only facts, that you can verify of this sham of a company. Ask yourself why would you trust a company that doesn't have a business license? His Mirox corp is currently in default, to the state of Nevada, he can't pay his taxes pure and simple...This is a sham of a company. Anything else posted by the people promoting this product is HOT AIR...

Perhaps an e-mail should be sent to the Nevada Department of Taxation, notifying them that this company, does business illegally...What a joke!!
Link copied to your clipboard.