Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...umber=1628829&page=1

They had called the next day and I was floored when the service manager told me he had changed the oil as whatever was in there was SO SLUDGED that it sort of chunked out

And later.....

Wasn't there a guy called Houckster a year or two ago that came aboard. He was to report back on his progress with SynLube. Have anybody heard from him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His profile lists him as the owner of Synlube, so his opinions mean nothing. He is also on the gasbuddy.com websites, posting his Synlube infomercials in the car talk section all the time, but yet he swears up and down that he isn't the owner of Synlube

Wow trajen,I see you are on expert on synlube and every website it is talked about.

The chunking out is a third party story from a dealership that likes to sell expensive flushing procedures. The car was traded in because everything was unreliable on it,the owner called it a lemon/POS.

His brand new car you so conveniently forgot to mention....now has Synlube as does his other car as well. Let me show you again with the link.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1830233

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...1842031&#Post1842031

Now back to my personal experience with the lube.

I drained out synlube on my pontiac six years and 42,000 later......and it drained out clean and smooth. The engine had zero sludge. Oil was sent back to synlube for 100% credit applied to new oil. This car was traded because of Known gm intake manifold gasket issue that was leaking coolant into the oil of all things. Car was out of warranty!!

Bars stop leak did a temporary fix on the gasket problem and then a good highway drive dried the oil out just fine.

Even with all those issues the synlube drained/flowed out smooth and clean!! Antifreeze didn't even phase it!! Try that with your conventional lube!!

The free synlube that was mailed to me free is in my 2009 mustang 4.0 v6

Mustang engine is actually quieter with synlube vs whatever junk the dealer had in the car. Car was a demo and some miles on it so the factory fill was replaced by the dealer just before we bought it.

Car initially had minor engine noises considered normal while the engine was warming up on the dealer oil,and now with synlube those noises are gone 100%!!! I have that happen with my 1996 riviera with the warm up noises being eliminated with synlube as well. That car ran to 179,000 miles with the synlube having 65,000 miles and six years. Engine was perfect always!!
Last edited by captainkirk
WOW from 70 to 75 in a day ?

Only just glanced on but really no time to read it all, unfortunately we actually have back log of orders till Tuesday next week, by then at a goiong rate it will be 80 pages if not 90 and for sure I will not even bother to read them all.

One issuse is I hopw obvious by now, different labs yeald different results in different tests using different techniques and different equipment - repeatability and accuracy was ALWAYS what I claimed is not possible in low cost test - hope that proves it - same person send samples from same bottle to two different labs, they got different results and when asked to re-test they came up with yet another number for the same exact sample they already had.

In real life that would have been $100 for tests to get bunch of numbers.

We used CANNON CAPILARY test for OPAQUE FLUIDS

15 minutes stabilization bath

We use DEXIL titration method - 15 minutes or more per test.

We use 400 X microscopic optical analysis in variable magnetic field that is up to 4000 gauss

And we have Proprietary "sludge" / "Oxidation" test that took 2.5 years to develop and have now 1,275 samples to varify its accuracy.

We have 21 vehicles in our possesion MY from 1972 to 2010 to prove SynLube works.

We have long term tests AAA / FORD to prove emission compliance and MPG retention over useful life of the car - as declared by the OEM of the vehicle.

Yet nothing ever will be enough to turn a butcher's wife around (she is a vegeterian you know !!!).

Enough said, and I know you just will not understand the ultimate lubricant.

It's the PETROLEUM ADICTION thing, you know !!!

Till when ? May be mid next week as I have both three businesses and a life to attend to !!!
Like someone else once said Miro, keep running tests sooner or later you'll get the results you want to see. So true. In the case of Synlube the only tests passed are yours.

Rest assured anyone in their right might reading these 75, soon to be 100 pages is not buying Synlube. I can also see by lack of replies from the Synlube shills Bitog has shut you guys down. Once you get shut down here you'll have to find another board to shill your junk on. Problem is many members who post on these sites frequent other sites. The Synlube scam won't be easily forgotten.

Other than Kirk saying his engines run perfect that's about all the data there is on Synlube. There are a lot of members with perfect running engines, only difference is their UOA's were good. Odd isn't it, but we knew you'd attack the accuracy of the reports, that is unless they were favorable to you. Then you'd say how much they improved over the years.

Oh yea lets not forget blobs of junk coming out of a members engine using Synlube. I know the dealer was looking to sell the guy a flush so he poured the blobs into the engine then drained them to sell the flush.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
Re: Synlube VOA Attempt - Set-Up Thread [Re: bruce381]
TaterandNoodles Offline

Loc: NENC
Bruce I just got off the phone with Polaris data analysis about the 40C, 100C and fuel. According to data analysis the fuel is inaccurate since they should not have been testing for it on a New lube reference. The machine can miss read the oil molecules as fuel. Some how the oils weight and the corresponding length of the molecular chain can effect the results, when tested a new lube can be miss read as containing fuel.

Hopefully you or Molakule understand and can explain it properly.

I noticed while on the phone with Polaris that the updated results had a lower fuel% of .1 down from .3 which is how we got on the fuel issue.

Just wanted to further back the notion that lube analysis Labs are not perfect like was mentioned above. Makes me wonder what else did they goof up on.

that is all correct. Mola thinks the fuel reading is aromatics but I asked Polaris and they said the machine was not detecting aromatics and confusing it as fuel. Not that they are not present just that it was not detecting them and miss reading them as fuel.

Updated analysis new 100c and added 40c, Bruce added VI for his sample.

Bruce----Polaris
FE-5-----6
CR-<1---0
NI-<1----0
AL-2-----0
PB-<1----0
CU-<1----2
SN-<1----0
AG-<1----0
TI-<1----0
SI-10----18
B-37-----32
NA-9-----7
K-<10----0
MO-1246-1035
P-1085--954
ZN-588--599
CA-596--557
BA-<10--3
MG-366--396
SB-<30--0
V-<1----0

Vis@100C-9.9---9.9
Vis@40-58.7----55.0
VI-155-------------
TBN-------6.27----4.10
Ox-----------------12
Nit-----------------7
fuel---------------.3%
Soot---------------.8%
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

His profile lists him as the owner of Synlube, so his opinions mean nothing. He is also on the gasbuddy.com websites, posting his Synlube infomercials in the car talk section all the time, but yet he swears up and down that he isn't the owner of Synlube

I don't know where the info about Houckster's profile indicating that he's the owner of Synlube comes from, but I do not believe it for a ms. I was around during Houckster's posts and all he did was provide useful info about his experience with said product. He was here recently and was not treated well. He will never post again here. Our loss...
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
I can also see by lack of replies from the Synlube shills Bitog has shut you guys down. Once you get shut down here you'll have to find another board to shill your junk on. [QUOTE]

AD, is that why I was unable to find the thread yesterday on BOB that Capt. Kirk started re Synlube. You mean that thread does not exist? Maybe I didn't go back far enough, but I couldn't find it.

[QUOTE]Other than Kirk saying his engines run perfect that's about all the data there is on Synlube.

Over this thread there are many posters who have echoed Capt. Kirk's experience.

quote:
There are a lot of members with perfect running engines, only difference is their UOA's were good. Odd isn't it, but we knew you'd attack the accuracy of the reports, that is unless they were favorable to you. Then you'd say how much they improved over the years.

There has only been a few test results on this product. Not enough to form an opinion in my opinion. MANY more ACCURATE and REPETITIOUS test results are need before I would form an opinion.

quote:
Oh yea lets not forget blobs of junk coming out of a members engine using Synlube. I know the dealer was looking to sell the guy a flush so he poured the blobs into the engine then drained them to sell the flush.
Could be true. Where is this person? Until then, HEARSAY.

Just my CALM opinion...
quote:
Originally posted by .:[EM]:.:
o no....are we going to use BITOG now as a reliable source...the same site which discusses dogfood? People...please...

In the time I've spent on BITOG it became very clear that a lot of people just write nonsense.

There are some people that write nonsense on BITOG. I remember joining and being pro auto-rx until I realized the product did not work as advertised, I started using MMO and I exposed all of auto-rx's weaknesses.

I do see a weakness with Synlube based on the VOA and UOA's, but have we found anyone who has used Synlube report back that there engine was destroyed. Budman had a problem with Synlube, but he thinks it was the design of the engine, he showed valvetrain pics on his other vehicle through his oil hole with Synlube in there for 19,000 miles and so far so good. Hopefully this Budman guy will continue to give us future pics and UOA's on this Synlube, because at this time he is the only one who is using Synlube that is given us back some data.

Another thought about BITOG, since all of auto-rx's weaknesses have been exposed and we found out that cheaper oil additives worked better you have to realize that everyone on the board is now very skeptical about any product that comes along, with auto-rx we never had any tests and there was constant fighting going on all of the time, we were just supposed to follow what auto-rx said and just keep buying the product.

Synlube needs to prove it is a better oil than what we all are using now, if not then it will be laughed at like auto-rx.
quote:
At least there were some respected people using A-rX, some reporting good results, some bad, some mixed. All I see with Synlube is hearsay, lots of hype, a bad UOA, and an engine with issues. Those issues are most likely related to Synlube. I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole!!!!!!

AD

AD, it is true that there were some respected people using auto-rx, very few were reporting good results, most of them were bad, while a few of them were mixed. There was actually an arx user who turned me onto MMO, and I got many arx users, a few were arx moderators to use MMO and they reported better results.

Members here can Google "Paid Posters For Auto-Rx" and find out how arx paid people for positive posts and how they tried to bully people when they posted about different oil additives.

We also have to realize that nobody from arx will debate me, if Synlube is really as bad as you think it is, then why is this thread still going on, and why is Miro still posting and not hiding. We have not seen the FTC go after Synlube, and until a Synlube User like Budman comes back and shows some bad pics after using Synlube for over 100,000 miles then this thread will keep growing.

I believe with auto-rx you actually had more people pushing the product who were not even using the stuff, there was a lot of behind the scenes shady deals and Cloak and Dagger Techniques to push the product at all costs. There was also alot of hype with auto-rx without any kind of tests.

I also believe Miro has other business ventures besides Synlube, whereas the owner of auto-rx just has his product, and it seems that nobody would touch auto-rx with a 10 Foot Pole!!!!!!!!!!
quote:
You don't think Synlube is shady? Did you really read this whole thread? Would you put it in your car? Do you think Miro will give you your money back when you return the oil?

A-rX is a saint compared to this guy, but I still wouldn't use either product.

AD

AD, I think Synlube is an OLD SCHOOL FORMULA that Miro believes in, but I believe you can just go out and buy a cheap oil and then add some Lubro-Moly and 10% to 25% MMO to your oil volume and just call it a day.

I have read this whole thread a couple of times, and each time I have gotten a headache.

I would not put Synlube in my car, and I do not think Miro would give money back for used oil.

If Auto-Rx is a saint compared to Miro then they would still be a sponsor on BITOG, all 3 of the auto-rx guys have been banned from BITOG.
I think Miro was banned from Bitog, along with jonny-b, Mora, and Kirk, [all 4 of them were 2 people at most]. If he was still there he'd be crying foul over the events and discoveries there. I think Bitog is more pleasant to view without Miro and the A-rX people.

As far as what Synlube is all about I think he is taking some cheap Walmart oil and adding his mix to it.

AD
Is Synlube shady...In my opinion yes.

Does Miro 'believe' in his product...I assume so yes.

Bottom line for me: When I purchase a oil, I purchase it based on needed viscosity, and the quality of the product.

Synlube did not meet it's stated viscosity, and the quality of the produsct appears to be mediocre, for the cost of it.

Of course the way, the 'believers' went about promoting this product was/is a HUGE turnoff.

Based on the above I would never use this product, or recommend it to anyone.
quote:
Good points inhaliburton! Truth is as far as I can tell all of what Kirk/Miro is saying is HEARSAY as well, think about it. My calm/civil rebuttal.....

AD

Yes, yes, caaallllmmmmm it is AND BORING!!!!

Also, for the record, I believe that Capitan Kirk and Miro are 2 different people.

Gooooood Byyyyeee, I have to fall asleep again...
quote:
I think Miro was banned from Bitog, along with jonny-b, Mora, and Kirk, [all 4 of them were 2 people at most]. If he was still there he'd be crying foul over the events and discoveries there. I think Bitog is more pleasant to view without Miro and the A-rX people.

As far as what Synlube is all about I think he is taking some cheap Walmart oil and adding his mix to it.

AD

AD, that is my thought too, since the different VOA's on Synlube are showing it to be either a 30W or even a 40W I have to conclude that Miro is buying the cheapest oil he can get his hands on and then adding some Moly and whatever else he uses.

This oil is marketed as a 5W-50 oil, yet the VOA's show Miro's oil is not even close to a 50 weight oil.

Guys, this is all ENTERTAINMENT for Miro, this SYNLUBE of his is just a hobby that he makes very little money at, he probably made his money in that Yugo Venture, how many Yugo's do you see on the road today.

If Pennzoil Platinum were a car it would be a 2011 Mustang GT.

If SYNLUBE were a car it would be a YUGO.
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Kind of strange/sad that a nearly 60 y/o man 'trolls' on oil forums for entertainment.

Kind of weird though, a person who makes up multiple identities, or mis-represents himself, to try to force his point across.

I guess whatever does it for you, and take it for what it is.

Guys, if Synlube were Miro's only way to make a living then this THREAD would have been deleted a long time ago, the guy has already made his money and his other business ventures are probably supporting him.
A couple of belated points

Yes, there is variability.

There is more betwen labs.

Even, or especially blood labs. All of my sometimes complex blood work comes with a result and the next column over is the LABS NORMS.

So a count at one lab may well be different than the next.

SO WHAT?

Kirk, Data is facts, all facts are not data,

The plural of anecdote is not data, no matter how hard you say it.

Unless you are a Brit from colonial times that believed anyone could understand Englush if you ennunciated properly.

Well, ennunciate all you want, your "facts" are not data, they are anecdotal evidence only.
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO:
quote:
He isn't trolling for entertainment, he was trolling to push product and got called out. Well maybe he is trolling for entertainment. I saw lots of people posting in various threads that they found these threads entertaining, so we can thank him for that.

AD

AD, this is pure ENTERTAINMENT for Miro, and I can tell you why, I am sure you remember the 2 Threads about arx that were deleted, one of them was called " Auto-Rx & MMO, and the other one was called " MMO Is Better Than Auto-Rx". The reason they were deleted was because the threads were hurting whatever little business auto-rx had going on. I am sure the owner of auto-rx pleaded with the Noria Admins to delete it, I knew this was going to happen and that's why I saved them, I even e-mailed them to auto-rx. I am sure you also realize that just about every thread about auto-rx on BITOG has been locked.

I was smacking around auto-rx so bad on BITOG that the owner asked me not to post in any auto-rx threads.

Quite a few of us have smacked around Synlube, you see that this thread is still here, again if this was Miro's sole MONEYMAKER this thread would have been deleted back in 2004, almost 6 years later this thread is alive and its coming up soon on probably 100,000 views.

I have a hunch that Miro and the Synlube Gang are saying things to make the anti-Synlube crowd post and that just brings more views.

I cannot rip into Synlube too bad because I have not used the product, I can rip into auto-rx because I have used the product. I cannot rip into MMO becuase I have used the product with 100% SATISFACTION.

Now if Budman who is using Synlube runs into problems then he can really bash the product because he has experience with it, so far at about 19,000 miles on Synlube his pic through the oil fill hole looks great and he is happy.

Its also important to realize that in this thread there are only a very few Synlube users, if this product were really selling I would think we would have alot more testimonials from satisfied users, look how many user's cars are on the Synlube site, probably less than 20 or so, and most of them we cannot even contact for whatever reason.

I am sure Miro is laughing everytime he reads an anti-Synlube post in this thread.

I won't bash Synlube, as I have not tried it. It is too thick for my vehicles (spec 10w-40 max, 5w-30 preferred). I just am annoyed that supporters of this advanced graphite lube insult people like me that are somewhat skeptical of an oil that supposedly lasts more than 50K. Me personally, I freak out if my oil goes more than 7K (proven synthetics Pennz Platinum, Amsoil, M1 EP, etc). Just because I drive under severe conditions (heavy idle, some short trips, towing, etc.). I don't go all out and get UOA, as the money for that will buy my next OCI. As a comfort, I will stick with name brand API certified oils and a good filter (purolator, Wix, Donaldson, etc.)

Dave

To: synlube@aol.com
Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Subject: Re: SynLube ORDER

Hi Miro,

Could you please send everything I'll need for a full synlube change, except the magnet, and one additional bottle of Add Oil?

Thanks,
(Customer Name Deleted - I am sure you know why !!!)

And up to 100 from existing ones like this one

To: sales@synlube.com
Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2010 7:40 am
Subject: Things I need to buy

Hello Miro,

I need to purchase the following items:
one (1) oil filter for my wife's 2006 Ford Focus SE
(don't need a filter for my car - you may remember I was able to
buy a quantity of the AC UltraGuard Gold filters at a clearance sale at $5.00 a
pop),

two (2) quarts of Service Fill oil (one for my 2001 Focus ZTS, one for her
2006 SE),

two (2) quarts of Add Oil) - my wife's car uses just a bit of oil,
mine still hardly any.

One gallon of pre-mixed anti-freeze solution for my car
(it still loses a small amount of coolant over time)

Mileage: my 2001 just passed 111,000 miles.
Her 2006 is about to turn 64,000 miles.

I forthrightly acknowledge that this service is overdue; it has been a long, cold winter here
in Michigan and I have to do my vehicle maintenance outside.

So what ever you argue about makes ZERO negaive imapct on our business, but I can say we actually got some NEW business from people reading this - as they can see through the few nay sayers, and almost all agree that it is only one or two people posting under multiple screen names !!!

People I do not know and never met can determine that, so public indeed is lot smarter than you give a credit it for !!!

KEEP IT ON !!!

Back to minding business !!!
Last edited by mirokefurt
quote:
Originally posted by N2OIL:
This product seems odd. I emailed Miro and my Suburban is already worn out it seems. 122,000 miles on the odometer. The car that sets next to it also a GM product reflects 225,000 miles on the odometer. Miro sent an email that basically wondered why I would think of putting his oil in such a piece of junk. And one more thing... who in the heck refilters their oil?? Micro, nano, sub-micronic, redistilling all these are nice for smoke and mirrors but nobody else does it.
So what ever you argue about makes ZERO negaive imapct on our business, but I can say we actually got some NEW business from people reading this - as they can see through the few nay sayers, and almost all agree that it is only one or two people posting under multiple screen names !!!

People I do not know and never met can determine that, so public indeed is lot smarter than you give a credit it for !!!

KEEP IT ON !!!

Miro, there is no way that you have gotten any new business from anyone reading this THREAD.
quote:
You don't think Synlube is shady? Did you really read this whole thread? Would you put it in your car? Do you think Miro will give you your money back when you return the oil?

A-rX is a saint compared to this guy, but I still wouldn't use either product.

AD

Really? Would the link below be the saint you speak of?.......saint sludge!!! I would hate to meet him!!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...er=873562#Post873562
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
Taterandnoodles

Anything looked or smelled like "used" oil to you ?

Trajan =Date Registered: Sun March 14 2010
Nucleardawg=Date Registered: Sat March 13 2010
snakedoctor=Date Registered: Fri April 02 2010

(same person really)

Want to know but fear to ask, but can not expain the difference between the LAB results...

(like Viscosity or TBN)

No it does not appear to be used oil. The odor of synlube is indeed like no other oil I have encountered new or used.

As for the TBN bruce uses ASTM 2896 for determining TBN Polaris uses ASTM D4739 there is your variance right there.

As for the fuel I'm not sure where that came from any more then Miro is I am sure. Molakule thinks it might be aromatics and not actual fuel. Miro would know if the formula uses any percentage of aromatics.

To truely evaluate the oil in service besides the spectro and TBN we would need TAN, ferrography and particle count. Low wear metals (ppm) in the spectro can miss larger wear particles. Units have failed even with stellar PPM in the spectro. The reverse would also be true.

Assuming the 100ppm synlube should have native then Budmans numbers would be 66ppm over 19k miles. There is a UOA just posted last night by buster with 34ppm FE at 10500 miles.

It takes several UOA's from the same lab on the same unit to establish a valid trend.

THIS MIGHT SHED SOME LIGHT ON ALL THE CONFUSION OVER TBN/TAN

http://webcache.googleusercont...&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

THIS SHOULD MAKE YOU THINK A LITTLE MORE ABOUT TAN VS TBN

http://www3.interscience.wiley...ct?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
Link copied to your clipboard.