Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can get the MSDS at msds.walmartstores.com. However, you will need the bar code number.

There is a better lubricant for what your doing. It's called Penetro 90. It has rust inhibitors and wont evaporate. Available in spray cans so it is much easier to apply.

My e-mail is listed in my profile. I can send you information on the Penetro 90. E-mail your city and zip code, I can tell you how to get it.
I'm not looking to store any more firearms but I was anxious over possible chlorinated esters. I will look into Amsoil if I have to do it in the future, although I probably am leaning toward Cosmoline because the military used it and I've seen so people who restore firearms purchase rifles that were stored in Cosmoline, and when they finally get that goop off of the weapon there is not a spot of rust on it.

For greasing the rails on guns, I've heard that Lubriplate SFL-0 is a really good lubricant because it is an aluminum based complex with good lubricity, moisture displacement and corrosion resistance.

I usually use a gun oil like Tri-Flow because it had Teflon in it, but I've heard that Dexron ATF is just a good a lubricant for firearms as any gun oil on the market.
Link copied to your clipboard.