Skip to main content

Read our primer articles: OEE | RCM | Lean Manufacturing | Kaizen Events | FMEA

I have been dealing with a pump issue for a will i get it fixed and it comes back . In some strokes the pump will pull the engine done to the point of stalling . Started with changing filters and oil . Fine for a bit . Then found fuse gone fixed it right up again . Next time I just shut power off right at ignition tested worked fine . Dont want to run machine with out power . So i continue to look . Take machine to mechanic he charges me 15,000 for trying to find prob . No can find .. He says all pump pressures are up . I think its electrical or solenoid some
place ... Any thoughs or ideas ?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The fixes you have made don't really seem to be consistent to one problem. The changing of the hydraulic filter is always good, but it wouldn't really make sense for fixing that concern. The blown fuse doesn't really add up, especially if the problem has repeated without blowing the fuse again. The hydraulic pump is designed to reduce flow as the pressure requirement increases. There could possibly be something wrong with the pump. Also, I have had found that a governor problem with the motor can cause the same problem. The governor does not add fuel under load and the engine does not make the power it should and it can seem like a hyd. pump problem when it is reaqlly a injection pump problem. In my experience with the Mitsubishi engine, when it had the problem with power, it also did not like to start as easily as it should have. Good luck
Link copied to your clipboard.