Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on Grease Guns and Oil Sight Glasses.

I’m trying to find smarter ways to save on textbooks this semester, and renting seems like an option worth exploring. Has anyone here made the switch from buying to renting textbooks? How was your experience, and did it save you as much as you expected? Would love to hear your thoughts, especially if you have any good recommendations for rental sites.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I used to always buy my textbooks, and honestly, I was spending way more than I needed to. Renting has been a lifesaver for me, and it’s definitely a smarter way to save. I’ve had a great experience using BooksRun https://booksrun.com/books/rent —they have a huge selection of textbooks, and I found that renting through them was way cheaper than buying. Plus, their website is super easy to navigate, and they offer free shipping on returns. I highly recommend giving them a try if you’re looking to cut down on your textbook costs. You’ll still get the books you need, without the crazy price tag!

Thank you for the tip! It feels like every semester, I end up paying a small fortune for textbooks, only to use them for a few months and never touch them again. I’ve been hoping to find a service that lets me rent textbooks without all the hassle, and BooksRun sounds like it fits the bill. I’m definitely going to try it out for my upcoming classes. It’s about time I find a more cost-effective option, and I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Who knows, maybe this will save me from going over budget again this semester!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.