Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Industrial Lubrication    Plastic Lubrication Recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plastic Lubrication Recommendations?
 Login/Join

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted
Hello. I am not a contractor or an expert of the trade, but I am wondering if any of you can recommend a good lubricant for plastic to plastic contact. It is subject to repetitive movement, and the pieces are not very big. The environment is also a little dusty. I know there are a lot of lubricants for metal. Are there any good lubricants for plastic you could recommend for this application?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Tue November 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I would have tried a spray that provides a dry resin-bounded coating of PTFE.It's not harmful to plastic, and it will reduse the problem with a dusty environment.

Posts: 17 | Location: Norway | Registered: Wed November 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
Try the simplest first, can you use water? The more information you give up the better the answers will be. temperature, food contamination, load, material type, screw, reservoir etc.

regards....

Posts: 111 | Location: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Mon February 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I tried a dry Teflon based lubricant like Lars suggested, and it works great so far.

I would like to thank both of you for your generous help. I appreciate it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Tue November 23 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
Try Electrolube DFL dry film lubricant spray based on PTFE

Posts: 78 | Location: Port Kembla, NSW, Australia | Registered: Mon January 26 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
While producing the plastic good from machine.. and if u r getting problem of sticking then silicone oil / spray.. it will reduce stickness at greater extend.
quote:
Originally posted by JL:
Hello. I am not a contractor or an expert of the trade, but I am wondering if any of you can recommend a good lubricant for plastic to plastic contact. It is subject to repetitive movement, and the pieces are not very big. The environment is also a little dusty. I know there are a lot of lubricants for metal. Are there any good lubricants for plastic you could recommend for this application?

Posts: 1 | Location: Karachi, Pakistan | Registered: Thu January 13 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
you can try berulub FR 16/43 grease manufactured by Carl Bechem http://www.bechem.com for plastic to plastic lubrication.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Thu November 24 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
CONTACT some ome from Molykote. wisit our website www.molykote.com and we are in a postion to help you in which ever counntry you are

Arupanjan Mukherji

Posts: 105 | Location: Kolkata, WB India | Registered: Sat March 20 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Dear all

We have plastic compatible graese in our range. We are leading manufacturer of speciality lubricants & regular exporter of this product. Plaese visit our web site www.mosil.com

romesh sawant

Posts: 34 | Location: Mumbai, India | Registered: Fri March 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JL:
I tried a dry Teflon based lubricant like Lars suggested, and it works great so far.

I would like to thank both of you for your generous help. I appreciate it.

i know this post is old but what did you use JL? i am looking for the same thing you are

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri May 27 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 5 - 501 to 1000 posts
posted Hide Post
Try a silicone lubricant. From http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1247.pdf?zo=1181889 .

"AMSOIL Silicone Spray may be used on
applications for which light-duty or silicone
lubricants are recommended, including plastic
slides..."

Posts: 570 | Location: Sugar Land, TX | Registered: Sat January 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arupanjan:
CONTACT some ome from Molykote. wisit our website www.molykote.com and we are in a postion to help you in which ever counntry you are

agree. And brands like FlOIL, Kluber, NYE are all able to provide lubricants specially designed for plastics.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mon May 30 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Boron Nitride?

P. S. These guys offer WS2 tungsten disulphide powder and coating:

www.lowerfriction.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SonyAD,

Posts: 9 | Location: București, Ro. | Registered: Sat May 28 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post