Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm always leery of these "miracle" products. I appreciate an alternate brand of oil but the "rejuvenation" thing throws me off.

Had a guy selling Bitron try to sign me up years ago. I was polite and even took the video home to watch. It looked like great stuff - running a vehicle for 50(?) miles with no water and no oil. This stuff never really took off either. He was a little upset, when I declined his offer. Yes, I knew how pyramid schemes worked. I really had no interest from the getgo.

I'm not saying Xado is a pyramid scheme or is bad. I think they may have had better success trying to market a high quality product rather than a "miracle" product.
As far as I know, they aren't really marketing it as a miracle product per se, just an innovative product to help "reverse the wear". Not like many others before, and I'm sure that many others after will give the same jargon on their product as well.

From reading, it does seem like a quality product. Just how high of quality is what I was getting at, and if it would be worth trying out.
Saw the tv commercial again today. Not a direct quote but as close as I can remember.

"rebuilds internal engine parts"

I know they did not say rejuvenate. Could have been "build up".

That is quite a claim!
Anyone else see this commercial? I think it was from Thunderbay TV in Ontario.

Someone has a lot of faith in this stuff to pay for television time.
Meaning that this additive could be along the sames lines as the PTFE additive of old bruce381?

If the particles are small enough, they wouldn't clog up things, would they? I would just have to worry about the settleage problem, but that would also depend on the actual quantity of particulate matter in the actual lubricant itself that doesn't want to stay in suspension, right?

Well, this was just an oil that I came across quite by accident while doing my usual late night surfing binges...
MPG-EXTreme™ is a surface metal conditioner for use wherever any conventional lubricants can be used. Unlike lubricants that simply coat the metal surface, MPG-EXTreme™ forms a molecular bond that chemically reacts with the metal compound to create a remarkably strong surface, that serves to drastically reduce friction, creating a significant reduction in heat and wear.
http://www.carro.myffi.biz/en/index.php?option=com_cont...view&id=28&Itemid=41
Guys, all you need to do is try it.

Any Land Rover enthusiasts will know that the LT77 gearbox is a real problem with rough gear changes. Tried several other transmission oils. XADO claimed that their 75W-90 would cure all. I don't like bold claim either but don't knock it some how this stuff works, improvement was significant. Can't tell you how, but noise is much less and change is smoother. In my opinion $$ worth spent.

Perhaps this is a bit late, but I post for the benefit of those sill interested.

Here's the link (including fancy flash) http://www.xado.co.uk/xado_uk_atomic_gearbox_transmission_oil_75w90_gl.htm
quote:
Originally posted by MGMan:
Guys, all you need to do is try it.

Any Land Rover enthusiasts will know that the LT77 gearbox is a real problem with rough gear changes. Tried several other transmission oils. XADO claimed that their 75W-90 would cure all. I don't like bold claim either but don't knock it some how this stuff works, improvement was significant. Can't tell you how, but noise is much less and change is smoother. In my opinion $$ worth spent.

Perhaps this is a bit late, but I post for the benefit of those sill interested.

Here's the link (including fancy flash) http://www.xado.co.uk/xado_uk_atomic_gearbox_transmission_oil_75w90_gl.htm
Guys , I Have been Using Xado For Many Years Now
Ret Army 23 years , I Now use it in my New Car & Truck Both Diesels , Works Great, But i Started Using Xado In My Gun Shop (gunsmith)
I Use it in all my High end Barrels. With Out Going Into a Long Detailed Test ,Lets just Say it Will Give The Barrel 1-5k more Shots & will Tighten Up The Groups . Also i Have Seen Up to
2-5 mpg Increase in both Car & Truck (3500 dodge) It Has never Caused any Trouble in the Cars . Now With all That Said ,I Have Never Used it in a Used Car ! So i Can Not Say What the Repair Is Or If It will ? Before i Forget i Also Use There Oil ! Outstanding Oil . I Now Sell All The Xado in My Store, Its Hard to Keep it on The Shelf ,It Sells Fast .... Try It You will Love It .

Best Regards
Col.
quote:
Originally posted by Col.:
Guys , I Have been Using Xado For Many Years Now
Ret Army 23 years , I Now use it in my New Car & Truck Both Diesels , Works Great, But i Started Using Xado In My Gun Shop (gunsmith)
I Use it in all my High end Barrels. With Out Going Into a Long Detailed Test ,Lets just Say it Will Give The Barrel 1-5k more Shots & will Tighten Up The Groups . Also i Have Seen Up to
2-5 mpg Increase in both Car & Truck (3500 dodge) It Has never Caused any Trouble in the Cars . Now With all That Said ,I Have Never Used it in a Used Car ! So i Can Not Say What the Repair Is Or If It will ? Before i Forget i Also Use There Oil ! Outstanding Oil . I Now Sell All The Xado in My Store, Its Hard to Keep it on The Shelf ,It Sells Fast .... Try It You will Love It .

Best Regards
Col.

Do you sell the oils, or just the additives?

I'd like to try out Xado oil, but I can't find anyone that sells it online.
I can tell you honestly that Xado does work. I was skeptical about the product working but to my surprise it does work. I have a 2000 Chevy S10 with apx. 115,000 miles on it. About 2 weeks ago I notice the lifters were ticking and the oil pressure was down. After doing the treatment my oil pressure is back and the ticking noise is gone!
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
quote:
Originally posted by Costa:
Check out the a nice commercial which help you understand how Xado works:

Xado FAQ

Sell Xado much? That vid showed jack squat. A couple of computer gen images of molecules filling in gap. How is this stuff any different from Microlon or any of the other "filler" products?

Sound like a Synlube ad? Vegas anyone?

AD
I just love it when an oil claims to meet or exceed....

Keep in mind that unlike standard oil industry approvals, where an oil can get a grade by being within a range of criteria, OEM-approved oils use a set of standards that have been tested on your vehicle and been proven to work. I would be surprised if a company that uses the term "exceeds" spent the money to have an OEM test its oil only to receive a letter that says, "We're sorry but your product is too good, we can't offer you approval." The same thing holds true with the use of the term "meets." Since the other oil companies don't spend the time and money to have the OEM test it, how would they know it meets the requirement? Plus, if it did really meet the requirement then it would be an approved oil.

This is not on any BMW approved list that I've ever run across.
Link copied to your clipboard.