Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Yeah Helen PM'd me and said politics is a 4 letter word on BITOG. Gee....here it is a eight letter word. Who knew?!
Terry Dyson is right...that place has lost it's value....who cares Smile

Maybe here I can get a better understanding to my oil temp to viscosity requirements question....versus 06VTECH telling me about his "fabulous" Honda and his latest butt dyno run down to the head shop for more rolling papers Smile
By the way....if my oil temps never get over 160-180...running PP 10-30....am I activating the add packs?....could I run a "thicker" 5-20 or 0-20 and still get the wear protection?
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGeek:
Here is a web site that speaks the truth for ya Smile
http://sargedoesoil.com/default.aspx

I just want you to know the stuff on your site about Castrol is incorrect.

quote:
So Helen signs a contract with Castrol and now they "approve and cruise" the website and have anything they dissaprove of removed.

I'm no Castrol fan, believe me. But they are NOT controlling content. Yes they are a paying sponsor. Even some of what Terry said is simply not true. They are not controlling or limiting other sponsors. Helen just doesn't want too many sponsors and wanted to slow down and think about sponsors.

As for banning - were you guys banned for oil content or testing the limits with R/S/P? Can I see examples? G-man WAS quite stern, because of direction from Helen. What I saw right after Tony's death was people thinking they could get away with more and they could....so some folks got used to it, suddenly when, yes, G-man reigned it in. Then people start complaining and testing him like silly children BUT in my humble opinion it's still looser than when Bob ran the show.
Hmmmm, good thing we haven't taken oaths to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. . . Roll Eyes

BITOG rules are clear, and available for all members to read (in fact, that's required). The owner is strict, and has good reasons for being so (many sponsors demand a clean forum). And in no case is the staff unwilling to consider a reasonable request for re-instatement or imposition of a lesser sanction.
I've been treated pretty badly at BITOG over the last two years or so.

A couple of days ago I made a thread in which I told BITOG forumites that I think they are all terrible people.

Several people subsequently came into the thread and proved me correct.

But I wasn't banned. My avatard was taken away, and that's all.

But since I threw that tantrum, I've been treated very well. No more mockery, no more sarcasm, no more derision, just good talk about automotive fluids.

A couple of people PM'd me apologizing for the conduct of the board. There's a few golden ones in every group. Smile

By the way, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all.

Allen
ALLEN first let me say welcome. BITOG seems to be more relaxed then it used to be thankfully.

I did look at some of your posting on bob and didn't see a problem with some if not all of the replies in the post you mentioned. If you are none specific you get none specific replies. I've seen serious questions getting the smart ass reply (I hate that), but its part of some forums.

If you have a product you like then use it and damn what others think. I mean who's money is it anyway? But if you want to go on forums and post about it expect some sceptics that will only be quited by proof.
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
ALLEN first let me say welcome. BITOG seems to be more relaxed then it used to be thankfully.

I did look at some of your posting on bob and didn't see a problem with some if not all of the replies in the post you mentioned. If you are none specific you get none specific replies. I've seen serious questions getting the smart ass reply (I hate that), but its part of some forums.

If you have a product you like then use it and damn what others think. I mean who's money is it anyway? But if you want to go on forums and post about it expect some sceptics that will only be quited by proof.

Smile
I thought the mod's response was reasonable:

quote:
OK this is going to cause a mess, a fight, or at least hard feelings.

To the OP, if you have a problem, you are more than welcome to go away. If you want to substantiate your claims in a way that will gain more respect from the crowd, then do so, but making posts like this isnt going to help your cause. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

This is your decision point - stick around or go away. Its your call. But belittling the forum members isnt going to be tolerated, and threads like this will not be allowed to exist.

As far as member's responses, pretty tame by most car related internet forum sites. A post such as yours was pretty much in the face of a lot of people. I wouldn't expect hugs and kisses. It's oil. People are passionate about the sport.
quote:
Originally posted by Pablo:
I thought the mod's response was reasonable:

quote:
OK this is going to cause a mess, a fight, or at least hard feelings.

To the OP, if you have a problem, you are more than welcome to go away. If you want to substantiate your claims in a way that will gain more respect from the crowd, then do so, but making posts like this isnt going to help your cause. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

This is your decision point - stick around or go away. Its your call. But belittling the forum members isnt going to be tolerated, and threads like this will not be allowed to exist.

As far as member's responses, pretty tame by most car related internet forum sites. A post such as yours was pretty much in the face of a lot of people. I wouldn't expect hugs and kisses. It's oil. People are passionate about the sport.

I made up with everyone. It's a good site with good people.
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
You get treated the way you treat others on Bitog.

Surely you don't think I treated anyone badly?

Because I didn't. I was respectful and courteous, and I tried to be helpful.

I'm considered an idiot on that forum because I endorse Tufoil and I said that one time I tried out fuel magnets on an old VW Golf, and it had some sort of positive effect.

I guess that's enough to condemn someone, huh.
IMHO this forum is more unbiassed and has more professional users. Besides this, it's not so salesdriven...

I truely hope that the 'rejects' you all talk about here are not the persons who have polluted the BITOG with nonsense and now take their chance at this place.

Howcome we have to keep bringing BITOG up here? Do we have to set up a new forum just for discussions about BITOG?
Last edited by em
"I truely hope that the 'rejects' you all talk about here are not the persons who have polluted the BITOG with nonsense and now take their chance at this place."

Hmmmm. If the shoe fits ...

"Howcome we have to keep bringing BITOG up here? Do we have to set up a new forum just for discussions about BITOG?"

Why not? Don't like it?

Don't read it.
quote:
Originally posted by PJD:
I truly hope he is kiding E.M.

On Bitog it is kind of hard for Joe Average to tell what is fact or just a sales pitch.

If you think it is bad, you should see some of the discussion of dog food on dog forums. A lot of the smaller, premium brands are distributed by part time reps and breeders. Of course, the breeders are flogging themselves.
I was kicked off for asking if the owners were alive or not, and for quoteing somebody that said "khrap" (they were avoiding the censor)
and asking why they just didn't say cr ap.
I was getting tired of it anyway! Smile

My reason for being band was "he is a student, and the board rules are just a game to him"

If they ever ask me to come back, I'm PM ing Helen, and telling her that was uncalled for, not true, and go from there.
Last edited {1}
Link copied to your clipboard.