Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
http://www.clubtitan.org/forum...dex.php/t-22432.html The following excerpt.

In summary, the iron levels are off the freaking chart. Levels like this usually indicate the start of a problem. Even is a new engine that is still breaking in.

Secondly, the TBN is absolutely horrible. How is the oil supposed to go much longer than this with just a low TBN?

This oil is supposed to be a 5w50 lubrication. Well, its not really much of a 50 weight anymore. It's nicely inside the spec for a 40 weight. And if it were still a 50 weight, the viscocity at 40 degrees would make it a 15w50. Instead, with everything combined, you have a 20w40. That's baffeling. The Viscocity Index supports this at a piss poor 142. Superior my @ss.

This oil contains sacrificial level of iron that happen to be about 79ppm. So that would indicate almost zero wear on this engine.
I had a Pinto wagon. Nice little thing. Doesn't negate the fact that Pintos had a faulty design.

Why are you interested in my profile? Looking for a sugar daddy? Very indicative of your lack of focus on the subject at hand.

And in all my years, have never seen anyone who states they don't use this oil defend it with such alacrity. And by one who said he was done with this thread.

Nor have I ever seen such fanatical defense from one who states they have no stake in said oil.
quote:
And in all my years, have never seen anyone who states they don't use this oil defend it with such alacrity. And by one who said he was done with this thread.

And how many years would that be? From your posts, I'm guessing your intellect age is about 14.

quote:
Nor have I ever seen such fanatical defense from one who states they have no stake in said oil.

Using your analogy: You aren't using it either, so why are you knocking it?
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:
This oil contains sacrificial level of iron that happen to be about 79ppm. So that would indicate almost zero wear on this engine.

I went to that link and tried to figure out what he meant. I thought it must have been me who was nuts. Maybe not...

Good way to cover high iron wear in a UOA? Yes/No? I mean no one saw a VOA yet, or did we?

AD
Why knock it?

How about the lack of verifiable information anywhere? Except at a suspect site.

How about the fact that it is frowned upon, by you for example, to seek such information?

How about the constant misdirection, deflection, smoke and mirrors we get. (Explain what my profile has to do with synlube.)

The rabid resistence to any independant third party data?

The accusations that I have multiple accounts here.

The fact that, if we don't use it, we have no "authority" to discuss it? (Kind of renders this whole board useless, doesn't it.)
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
US Government spent $2.3 million on this survey; you therefore should take it seriously

In 2005-8 the UKs National Health service spent 12 million pounds on homepathy. Plpaus another 20 million pounds refurbishing a homeopthis hospital.

Government spending doesn't mean they spent wisely.

http://www.publications.parlia...t/cmsctech/45/45.pdf Page 10 if you care.
quote:

What?

That doesn't make any damned sense.

Why would I introduce a catalyst?

Tell you guys what. syn Lube is in Las Vegas, right?

I'm going there in the not distant future.

How about I drop by the shop with a sample bottle?

I pick a case and a bottle, I pour it into the bottle.

Miro follows me to a post office and we mail the damned thing to my prefered lab(nationally known).

I pay for the basic anlysis. The rest is at the lab for whatever someone else wishes to pay for.

Anything you can get out of 4 ounces of oil.
quote:
Originally posted by RobertC:
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
US Government spent $2.3 million on this survey; you therefore should take it seriously

In 2005-8 the UKs National Health service spent 12 million pounds on homepathy. Plpaus another 20 million pounds refurbishing a homeopthis hospital.

Government spending doesn't mean they spent wisely.

http://www.publications.parlia...t/cmsctech/45/45.pdf Page 10 if you care.

http://www.heritage.org/Resear...-of-Government-Waste
quote:
Why knock it? How about the lack of verifiable information anywhere? Except at a suspect site. How about the fact that it is frowned upon, by you for example, to seek such information?

Show us all where I said that I frown upon seeking verifiable information about Synlube. I'm all for it. I said I don't use the stuff because I'm satisfied with the result I'm getting from using Amsoil products in my 2005 Ford Focus with 270 000 kms. It will easily go another quarter million kms if the body doesn't rust and fall apart. I normally change oil at 30 to 45 000 kms.

Nor would I ever waste my time and money on an oil analysis. I have no issues using Amsoil products. I see no point to it. This is my second Focus with over a quarter of a million kms. Perhaps Houckster can see no benefit in an oil analysis using Synlube except to satisfy the curiosity of those on here who will never, ever use Synlube no matter what information an analysis may provide.

quote:
How about the constant misdirection, deflection, smoke and mirrors we get. (Explain what my profile has to do with synlube.) The rabid resistence to any independant third party data? The accusations that I have multiple accounts here. The fact that, if we don't use it, we have no "authority" to discuss it? (Kind of renders this whole board useless, doesn't it.)

I don't see any resistance to 3rd party data. Where's the data? You have the same right not to support Synlube, though you don't use it, as I have to suport Synlube even though I do not use the product. I base my support of the product primarily from the positive reports of users.

Also, in my opinion, the suggestions that Houckster is in any way associated with Synlube is beyond ridiculous. How do you guys come up with this stuff. That accusation has eliminated any further useful input from Houckster.
Also, they have accused me for BEING Miro, as well as me being a salesperson for Synlube.

They easily got away with this on "the other board", since the "sheep hird mentality" over there, is very strong.

I could have written 10 pages to why I wasn't Miro, but they would have claimed otherwise, and asked me to provide some proof.

Why don't Trajan & the Bunch start to provide some shred of proof about the accusations they throw out?

I have seen nothing yet.
All posts made by jonny-b.
Title Forum Post Time
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 12:59 PM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 12:53 PM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 04:09 AM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 03:25 AM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 12:16 AM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/09/10 12:06 AM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/08/10 05:03 PM
Re: X-1R OIL ADDITIVE Oil Additives 03/08/10 04:43 PM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/08/10 11:54 AM
Re: teflon Oil Additives 03/08/10 07:17 AM

Jonny-b, the last time you posted on BITOG was on March 9th, it is now March 26, what happened, did someone over at BITOG give you a timeout from posting. Did you get in trouble for pushing a non sponsored product or did you attack another member.
quote:
Originally posted by jonny-b:
Also, they have accused me for BEING Miro, as well as me being a salesperson for Synlube.

They easily got away with this on "the other board", since the "sheep hird mentality" over there, is very strong.

I could have written 10 pages to why I wasn't Miro, but they would have claimed otherwise, and asked me to provide some proof.

Why don't Trajan & the Bunch start to provide some shred of proof about the accusations they throw out?

I have seen nothing yet.

I don't think you're Miro, no way. I do think you get free product from people like Miro to push different products. There's a word for that, most people know what it is.

But IMO you're certainly not Miro. You might have been Mora on the other board though. :-)

AD
quote:
His posts over there are fine examples of decorum.

I see we have Trajan here, jonny-b did a nice job attacking Trajan and another member named Mystic.

Jonny-b promised us a VOA on Synlube as well as a UOA on the Synlube he was using in one of his cars, I can Cut and Paste jonny-b's old posts where he said this if that is what everyone wants.

jonny-b, all you do is attack members when they ask questions and since you have not shown us a VOA and a UOA as promised, therefore I can say you have absolutely no CREDIBILITY.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
His posts over there are fine examples of decorum.

I see we have Trajan here, jonny-b did a nice job attacking Trajan and another member named Mystic.

Jonny-b promised us a VOA on Synlube as well as a UOA on the Synlube he was using in one of his cars, I can Cut and Paste jonny-b's old posts where he said this if that is what everyone wants.

jonny-b, all you do is attack members when they ask questions and since you have not shown us a VOA and a UOA as promised, therefore I can say you have absolutely no CREDIBILITY.

He attacked DEMARPAINT too, LOL. I wouldn't accept any report from Jonny-b.

BigBear I'll quote you "therefore I can say you have absolutely no CREDIBILITY". That my friend says it all.

AD
It's amazing, there is 41 pages and about 818 replies and we know very little about this Synlube Product.

I can recall seeing VOA's on just about every oil and oil additive on BITOG.

We even have VOA's on Marvel Mystery Oil and Auto-Rx.

I really thought at one point that this thread should be deleted, now I do not even think it should be locked, because anyone reading this thread would probably not even consider buying Synlube.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:

I went to that link and tried to figure out what he meant. I thought it must have been me who was nuts. Maybe not...

Why not try checking the facts out before you voice your factless opinions.

The sacrificial iron is old news by now and is listed on the synlube site at around 79 ppm. The sacrificial iron is used

Why do the synlube users always get the facts first,and then make an educated statement?....this has been the pattern.

Notice how all the skeptics speak without checking out the facts first.

Your entitled to your own opinion,but not your own facts.

Good way to cover high iron wear in a UOA? Yes/No? I mean no one saw a VOA yet, or did we?

AD
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Well a VOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.

AD
I think you have it quite the reverse. The synlube skeptics will be as usual, the spinmasters!!

Dream on Kirk. Your fighting a battle you are not going to win, give up and salvage what little business you have left with Synlube. You clearly aren't selling any oil here. I just read on the other board you guys tried selling damaged Delvac-1, nice. Could that be the foundation of Synlube, damaged Delvac, and the backyard brew added to it? Just wondering.

AD

If you were on the other board,..what is your purpose on this board,..why come here? Do you enjoy being a die hard skeptic that much?

I think your actually looking to get motivated to use synlube,..you know,..give it a try because your obviously by now more curious then skeptical!
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Well a VOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.

AD
I think you have it quite the reverse. The synlube skeptics will be as usual, the spinmasters!!

Dream on Kirk. Your fighting a battle you are not going to win, give up and salvage what little business you have left with Synlube. You clearly aren't selling any oil here. I just read on the other board you guys tried selling damaged Delvac-1, nice. Could that be the foundation of Synlube, damaged Delvac, and the backyard brew added to it? Just wondering.

AD

If you were on the other board,..what is your purpose on this board,..why come here? Do you enjoy being a die hard skeptic that much?

I think your actually looking to get motivated to use synlube,..you know,..give it a try because your obviously by now more curious then skeptical!

Don't flatter yourself Kirk, Snowballs will freeze in Hell before I try your junk. I bounce around from site to site like you do. Only I talk about things other than Synlube.

AD
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

AD

AD

Don't flatter yourself Kirk, Snowballs will freeze in Hell before I try your junk. I bounce around from site to site like you do. Only I talk about things other than Synlube.

AD

I talk about other things as well,like filter.

I am not some person who just mindlessly pours oil into his engine. I perform all my maintenance as well. I have all the tools. Brake jobs,fuel injection,tune ups,ABS,steering,detailing,etc.etc. I used to be a sun electric snap on tools rep in another life.

I have used many oils additives,etc. Some actually do work welll as claimed.

Since you just accused me of using junk!!What kind of junk do you put in your engine. What fuel do you use,and is it a top tier rated one at that?? What fuel additives are you keen on.

Use bad fuel,..and all bets are off!!

Why don't you use the Bosh distance(300% capacity) oil filter which is essentially the improved P1,all the same specs only more depth to the media,less pressure drop. Can be left on longer and filter ever smaller particulates. The P1 has too much back pressure.

I saw the filter site(s) and several others as well you refer to,..and the back pressure was an issue with the P1 especially at cold startup!! The NEW fram X2(10k filter) is actually considered to be quite good as well,... lets in more dirt at first,..certainly much better than cellulose,...not as good as the Bosch.

As you can see,..I use only the best,forget the rest!! I pay around $13-17 for an oil filter. The CM FILTER is also being considered. I am surprised no discussion on that one.
quote:
quote:

I am not some person who just mindlessly pours oil into his engine. I perform all my maintenance as well.

And yet, on the other place, you claim people who change their own oil haave no life.

Never made such claim. Maybe that was you who made the claim!!

There you go again as usual Trajen, making up info as you go!! I would expect nothing less!!
quote:

If you look at Trajens public profile,He doesn't have one period. Occupation,...None! Who is he,....a ghost writer! Are we talking to a ghost writer. At least Miro,..myself and others have posted proudly who we are.

And here's yours:

Member Profile for Captain Kirk

Date Registered: Thu March 11 2010
Karma Title: Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
Display Email: kirkandrosa@yahoo.com
Why did you join this forum?: I am using synlube lube-4-life and read the posts regarding this lubricant. I would like to offer my positive long term experience with this engine/drive train lubricant over the last 8 years and running.

Strange, you whine that I have no occupation, but you list none.

Or is it shilling synlube.
quote:
quote:

If you look at Trajens public profile,He doesn't have one period. Occupation,...None! Who is he,....a ghost writer! Are we talking to a ghost writer. At least Miro,..myself and others have posted proudly who we are.

And here's yours:

Member Profile for Captain Kirk

Date Registered: Thu March 11 2010
Karma Title: Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
Display Email: kirkandrosa@yahoo.com
Why did you join this forum?: I am using synlube lube-4-life and read the posts regarding this lubricant. I would like to offer my positive long term experience with this engine/drive train lubricant over the last 8 years and running.

Strange, you whine that I have no occupation, but you list none.

Or is it shilling synlube.

YOU like me, frequent the BITOG site where my public profile is listed which I know you already read and know. Having said that, I work for the Federal Government as a computer technician on a base as a lab Manager. What do you do sir?
I really do not care about the oil claim, the part really ticking me off is the claim he make about such and such brand of vehicle. Is mechanical analyses and opinion are just insane; the worse is he believes them. All I can see if I read between the line is : don’t come blame me if your car have problem, its because of a bad design ,to old or to new…..Then he turn around and say :

We are really NOT and never were interested in people who are not satisfied with vehicles they purchased and have to redesign a 2 billion (on average) vehicle R&D and think that on budges for FEW $$$ they will improve on something that thousands of Engineers spend years on doing but just can not get it right !

They should in my opinion go and manufacture their own vehicles as apparently the WORLD OUT THERE needs them, since in 100+ years of manufacture no OEM can make a decent car’s

Famous Miro Quote

Well, why you bitching at the automaker saying they building bad vehicle? Bring your best example with the bmw fuel tank ,off course a dealer will change the tank ,lots of mechanics will just bypass it, install an external fuel pump ,inline fuel filter , done all under 400 with top quality part . Anyway I won’t try to teach you nothing, you live in your own little world with your own little fantasy, and you do no wrong, of course you have the ultimate wisdom and knowledge and we are fool to even question it.
quote:
1: I made a mistake, I confused you with jonny b. hard to tell you two apart, your styles are so similar.

2: It was on this site you brought up my profile. You have a problem with it here.

If you don't like my profile on BITOG, why don't you bring it up there?

When are you going to drop the profile issue. That was one post way back and now you continue to carry it around with you. Wow,..did I strike a nerve or what!! What are you hiding anyway!

I have addressed this issue and will not respond to you if you continue with your grudge you have regarding your profile,..especially since I have revealed who and what I do on this site and the other,and you have not. At this point... this makes me just a little more credible than you.
quote:
quote:
1: I made a mistake, I confused you with jonny b. hard to tell you two apart, your styles are so similar.

2: It was on this site you brought up my profile. You have a problem with it here.

If you don't like my profile on BITOG, why don't you bring it up there?

When are you going to drop the profile issue. That was one post way back and now you continue to carry it around with you. Wow,..did I strike a nerve or what!! What are you hiding anyway!

I have addressed this issue and will not respond to you if you continue with your grudge you have regarding your profile,..especially since I have revealed who and what I do on this site and the other,and you have not. At this point... this makes me just a little more credible than you.

Just playing your game old boy. But it's too easy. Bored now.

But the question remains. One you have failed to answer. Since it has no relevance to the subject at hand, why bring it up in the first place.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by vitual_mage:
I really do not care about the oil claim, the part really ticking me off is the claim he make about such and such brand of vehicle. Is mechanical analyses and opinion are just insane; the worse is he believes them. All I can see if I read between the line is : don’t come blame me if your car have problem, its because of a bad design ,to old or to new…..Then he turn around and say :

We are really NOT and never were interested in people who are not satisfied with vehicles they purchased and have to redesign a 2 billion (on average) vehicle R&D and think that on budges for FEW $$$ they will improve on something that thousands of Engineers spend years on doing but just can not get it right !

They should in my opinion go and manufacture their own vehicles as apparently the WORLD OUT THERE needs them, since in 100+ years of manufacture no OEM can make a decent car’s

Famous Miro Quote

Well, why you bitching at the automaker saying they building bad vehicle? Bring your best example with the bmw fuel tank ,off course a dealer will change the tank ,lots of mechanics will just bypass it, install an external fuel pump ,inline fuel filter , done all under 400 with top quality part . Anyway I won’t try to teach you nothing, you live in your own little world with your own little fantasy, and you do no wrong, of course you have the ultimate wisdom and knowledge and we are fool to even question it.

So, you're just a little ticked off?? What your saying now is,....it's personal!

This board is not about your grudges,it's about lubrication/filtration and the science that goes with it! It's about personal experience that some of us have with various products that we choose to bring to the table,Oil,filters,etc. for discussion. If the only thing you can bring to this forum is a personal grudge and nothing else,...think again!! If your a skeptic,or just don't believe,say so,.. and so be it. Anything more is overkill and even offensive.

If you have never used synlube and don't ever plan to for whatever reason,..so be it,that's your call. Keep using your favorite lube/filter and be done with it!!

Myself, and many others are using synlube and already know it works, and now we are trying to find out just how good and how far this product can be pushed. Who drove with it the longest and so forth!! This is how the information you all claim to thirst for is obtained...yet know one seems to get that. I went around 65,000 miles/ six years so far and no problem. There are synlube users on both boards,and more to come. The skeptics just disrespect and mock just for amusement in many cases.
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
@The good Capatain: Blah Blah Blah. Your like a doll with a pull string. You have nothing important, or believable to say.

I bet your the life of the Synlube parties. Your product is crap, and your full of the same.

Ok nuclear man. Enlighten us with something we don't already know!! Now I just pulled your string!!
quote:

This board is not about your grudges,it's about lubrication/filtration and the science that goes with it!

We have yet to see the science. A VOA. Verifiable data by a disinterested third party.

Lots of nonsense about meds directed to tribologists from the poster who claimed to be the owner.

Even more diatribes about flat earth, Aristotle, posters with multiple accounts, et al from the president of the company. Claims of tests done, but no links to the ones who ran it. Like the AAA one I asked about.

And even more from the acolytes. Loads of misdirection, deflection, what have you.

42 pages. And not any extraordinary evidence to back the extraordinary claims.

I made my ruling pages ago. I see no reason to change it.
Last edited by trajan
My Dear Captain,

Anything you say to me, or about me, would not concern me in the least. Synlube, is a nothing in the oil industry, of no consequence to anyone in it, much less me.

The only reason we respond to your inane rants, as it allows anybody, who for whatever reason may consider this product, to see what type of company it is dealing with. The trolls who attack the 'non-believer' this is the lasting impression of Synlube. Oh and the amusement factor with these boobs, is up there as well.

Apparently Synlube is so low rent as to allow such people/person to speak in it's behalf, and pleads it's case. ANY reputible firm would not allow such dirty laundry to be aired for ALL to see.

You have made unbelievable claims and statements which have no basis in fact. You are Synlube's worst enemy, as...well to be honest, you seem quite ignorant of seeing this. You claim to be retired so I assume older...But your not to smart.

The truth is about to be told about your product. Then these threads will be locked. But SYNLUBE'S UNPROFESSIONALISM, will be here for all to read.

Many thanks to the moderators, of this site for allowing this thread, to stay open as long as it has. The ONE good thing is, that upcoming tests will show Synlube, to be what we all new it to be...A FRAUD.
Link copied to your clipboard.