Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Mirox Corp

When i see Mirox Corp from your suggestion in Nevada....,Mr. Miro is all in one person who handle this, from President, and as a secertary, etc.....and in the past i know the company in USA have a One-man handle all,maybe you can remember the product is fuel saver magnetic device.
hmm....yeah the same question,why the products dont have another standart specification/value like TBN, or HTHS, if they can wrote the viscocity index of this product.
enoch
Quote: If you think it has merit, use it. According to the nonsense posted on BITOG by two of the acolytes here, if you haven't used it, your opinions are meaningless.

So that would make yours..... End Quote.

Ah, you've used the stuff? Give all of us the benefit of your meaningful experience!

BITOG? Is that the site where one can get banned for expressing a negative opinion re sponsors?

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the deep thinkers who have made intelligent posts on the previous couple of pages. Non of you guys (and gals?) sound like users to me.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
So send one. And to the FTC while you're at it.

Asking questions such as mine are far more effective IMHO. If someone had asked, it's quite possible we would of not gone on for 30 pages.

As I've said on the other board. No reasons to use it. Plenty not to.

Questions such as yours have been asked dozens of times in the past 30 pages. That's why this thread has now reached 31 pages. If you received favourable answers to your questions, would you use Synlube? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
Quote: If you think it has merit, use it. According to the nonsense posted on BITOG by two of the acolytes here, if you haven't used it, your opinions are meaningless.

So that would make yours..... End Quote.

Ah, you've used the stuff? Give all of us the benefit of your meaningful experience!

BITOG? Is that the site where one can get banned for expressing a negative opinion re sponsors?

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult the deep thinkers who have made intelligent posts on the previous couple of pages. Non of you guys (and gals?) sound like users to me.

Is that the best you can do?
quote:
quote:
So send one. And to the FTC while you're at it.

Asking questions such as mine are far more effective IMHO. If someone had asked, it's quite possible we would of not gone on for 30 pages.

As I've said on the other board. No reasons to use it. Plenty not to.

Questions such as yours have been asked dozens of times in the past 30 pages. That's why this thread has now reached 31 pages. If you received favourable answers to your questions, would you use Synlube? Wink

Really? 30 pages of asking what the HTHS is? So why haven't they been answered?

Instead of asking me if I would use it, a better question is why don't you? Strange that you defend a product you don't use.
quote:
This may eventually prove to be the best stuff since sliced bread, but with virtually no testing results, API ratings on their product, and documentation except that on the Synlube site, I wouldn't put this stuff in my engine, even for nothing. Remember Slick 50?

So why are you defending it?
SynLube is since 1996 division of MIROX Corporation that should be no secret to anyone who claims to be able to find this and that:

Business Entity Information: MIROX CORPORATION
 Active
File Date: 
 3/18/1996
Type: 
 Domestic Corporation
Entity Number: 
 C5949-1996
Qualifying State: 
 NV
List of Officers Due: 
 3/31/2011
Managed By: 

Expiration Date: 

NV Business ID: 
 NV19961097271
Business License Exp: 
 3/31/2011

As for Las Vegas Chamber of what ever, it is nothing more than a extortion organization thretening you with "bad" listings if you do not give them a check to be a "member in good standing" which costs MORE than all the Legally required filings by Clark County, or State of Nevada.

My personal conviction is not to deal with people that lie, cheat, steal, etc.

So when someone "extorts" money for what ever good reason, like 1" listing in a book that no one except paid for memebers see, that to me is totally useless.

As for all the data is is on the web so just take your time to look it up is shuld not be that hard that can see records that eve the State on Nevada has a problem having up to date

"LIKE ARE YOU COLOR BLIND ???"

Just in case you are this is on SOS web in BOLD RED - so for your convenience reprinted in BLACK

Important Notice: Entities with a January 2010 annual list due date whose lists were received by January 31, but have not yet been processed due to processing backlog, may show as in “Default” in the Business Entity Search until all January filings are processed. We expect completion of these filings by March 22nd.

Now that is for JANUARY, and MIROX is not due till 3/31/2011 - and only today it shows ACTIVE, they are that far behind in updating even the ELECTRONIC ENTRIES

Yes it take 15 seconds for your Credit Card to be charged by 3 months for the listing to be updated, go figure !!!

Government at supper efficiency now that you can file ON LINE, when it was paperwork it only took a two to three days !!!
Well I have just received this from one of our customers that defended SynLube on Bob the Oil Guy:

Now he is also accused to be me, just like about 5 other customers were, after all if you have a positive experience with SynLube, it can not be true:

WOW this explains everything !!!

this is what I just got from BTOG from the "operator/owner":

"Synlube is not a sponsor. You have been pushing it and trying to sell it on my board and that can result in being banned. Each person has a right to their opinion concerning oils and can discuss them but you are going overboard. Do not make another post concerning Synlube.

Helen"

Just got this through the OIL GUY

Now it turns out, BOB is not a GUY but it is a HELEN - doubt a "man"

WHAT A FRAUD !!!

And they are picking on you - like you say - they would probably glorify SynLube if you'd offered bribes to them !

Steve

PS: HELEN is identified as OPERATOR/OWNER of the BOB THE OIL GUY web !!!
Better know all the facts before you jump on Helen.

BITOG was originally started by Bob Winter back in 2002, reference the name BOBISTHEOILGUY. Bob had a serious stroke sometime around 2004-2005 and sold the website to a long time friend named Tony. Tony passed away somewhere around 2008 and his wife Helen took over the website. So, there is nothing fishy about the website BITOG being owned by Helen.

So SHAME on you for trying to take a cheap shot at Helen.
I frequent BIOTG.

I'm glad Helen the owner of Bitog banned you, hopefully the shills will be banned too. It is clear how the product was being pushed, and questions people were asking about the product were being avoided. Then the insults, name calling, etc, surprised it lasted this long. It seems there was a lot of legal woes the Synlube company has. I see it as people watching out for one another.

Hopefully the mods here shut you down too, then you can go elsewhere to push product.

BTW anyone who frequents BITOG is aware that Helen owns the site, no new news there, no legal woes either. Cheers

AD
I would of never thought that you could be such a yakass Milo. but I was wrong.

It hasn't been a secret that Helen owns and operates the site. It also isn't a secret that keeping a recognized name is a well known practice.

For example, I place I used to eat at has kept the same name through four different owners. Hard to phantom for you, isn't it.

But in your world, I guess that Ford Motor Company is a fraud because it hasn't been owned by the Ford family since 1956?

That Chrysler hasn't been owned by that family for decades.

I could go on and on, but it would just fly over your head.

You deserved to be banned from BITOG. Pushing product on a site that you're too cheap to sponsor.
Last edited by trajan
Where on OIL GUY it says in PLAIN and VISIBLE English that Helen operates that site ?

Where is any e-mail to contact her ?

Where is the business address they operate from ?

Where is their business license, state permits or what ever, after all if she accepts (or more like demands) payment for sponsorship, it is a business, it has to be licensed, it has to have business bank account, and so on, like you fans do nto know that one ?

I have disclosed our licensing, so be so kind and do so for the BOB web, as Helen for sure will not do that, if she does I will appoligize in WRITING, but then there would have to be a mailing address too - I see none, but then when I look at it it requires LOG IN, since I am "banned" and you guys are not

SUPPLY THE REQUESTED INFORMATION or

Shut UP !!!

The ONLY thing on the sitre that is accessible is this - NO NAMES, NO ADDRESSES, NO BUSINESS PERMITS, NOTHING !!!
<>
Welcome to BobIsTheOilGuy.com!
Bob Is The Oil Guy (BITOG) began in May 2002 with a handful of participants and now our oil forums have over 30,000 registered members. And we have well-respected tribologists, chemists, and oil analysis professionals who regularly participate and contribute their knowledge and expertise.

Unlike most private motor oil web sites, Bob Is The Oil Guy is not about selling you something. It's about educating you so you can make informed decisions about the life blood of your engine: motor oil.

The tremendous popularity of this web site comes at a price and we are fortunate to have sponsors who purchase advertising space on our forums, as well as corporate advertisers. Many of our members make regular monetary contributions to help defray the costs of keeping this resource online. When you visit the forums you will see special avatars beside many members' names in their posts. These avatars identify these members as site supporters and show the level of their support. You will also see corporate banner ads and we encourage you to click on those ads and support our corporate advertisers.

<>

Where is an Independently audited report available for a public view to support a FAKE claim that it is #1 web site ???

Show ME the evidence - since you are such good sherlocks !!!
Miro: You have made a fool of yourself, and this sham of a company, on this board as well as BITOG.

All this info, and the way you have multiple identities, on this and other boards is available to see.

The only thing verifiable about Synlube is it has a 'Permanently Revoked' business license and is a scam/sham...

All we had to do was sit back and enjoy your epic failure.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
I frequent BIOTG.

I'm glad Helen the owner of Bitog banned you, hopefully the shills will be banned too. It is clear how the product was being pushed, and questions people were asking about the product were being avoided. Then the insults, name calling, etc, surprised it lasted this long. It seems there was a lot of legal woes the Synlube company has. I see it as people watching out for one another.

Hopefully the mods here shut you down too, then you can go elsewhere to push product.

BTW anyone who frequents BITOG is aware that Helen owns the site, no new news there, no legal woes either. Cheers

AD

Wrong, not anyone or everyone who fequents "that" site is aware of the overall facts,or owner status,....same can be said of even synlube.

I will state that I found out over time about the owner of the "other site". So I was unaware for a stretch as well,it happens.

That site is not what it used to be it would seem. It has the mentality of play nice and everyone gets an "A",and wins,...or sit in the corner and shut-up!! I am not in kindergarten anylonger,... so why would I want to go back!!

I thought it was normal to question information,...but now when someone you don't agree with questions,....it's,"how dare they do that",...."why didn't they know this obvious information already"!!!

I am not banned from that site,nor should I be,..but I have found that the effort is rather futile to even "discuss" this product when the synlube users are the ones beign attacked there. The attackers are over the top with their dialog at times!! Can you say "Juvenile"?? It's a "boys" club!!

Moreover, we are now way off topic it would seem. The initial discussion was just a friendly,"hey check this out,look what I am using and it works".

I am a legitmate user of the product and it is very much doing what it states,as the other synlube users have found out over time.

If your skeptical,so be it. Use whatever you are using,this topic does not apply to the very skeptical folks anyway.

If your open minded, intersted in different,and innovative products(synlube is not new at this point),I "thought" I could bring to the table my real life experience with this product. I am a real person just like you!! Instead you attack me with name calling such as ,..."shill,...troll,...liar.scam,snake oil,lock him out,call the mods,etc", I get it,...your skeptical,...so was I at first. It happens!! Kill the messanger is your approach??

Anything that is new or different, human nature is incline to always attack,kill it!! This is scientific fact,the world over!! The first cars on the road were laughed at!! The first japenese cars were ridiculed and heavily mocked. Pc's were even shunned at first. I even get laughed at for taking vitamins by cigartte smokers who spend $5-6 grand a year on cigs.(they live at the doctors office,my cousin is one of them),.. Sound familiar to some of you!! I know I will get bashed for the cigarette thing,oh well,..I'll take my lumps!

Not every product is off the shelf,mainstream ,wally world made in china mass marketed designed.

A certain array of products and services are marketed and sold to a smaller group of people,...and or ,government,industry,military,etc.

Yes,you should "question with boldness",..but at some point,there are those like myself who have done a "reasonable" amount of research to be satisfied enough to actually at least try a product on a small scale with a decent level confidence. Some people are leading edge,what can I say!!

Even slick-50 with teflon(yes it still has teflon)(dupont being dropped),prolong,tufoil with teflon,and all the others that are on the walmart shelves. Why are these product on the shelves of walmart and elsewhere if they "blow up engines",.. cause any engine damage, excess wear,emission issues,warranty issues,etc. ,.. just to make point,..thats' all. The ftc,epa, would have pulled them by now,so there is at least no harm being done,..maybe even a benefit if used properly. I am sure there is some politics/lobbying and money invovled,... but they would have by now been pulled off the market! You decide!!

Some of you out there are acting as if someone were actually asking you to drink the synlube oil,..or give up a kidney or something!! It is non-toxic though,.....but I wouldn't reccomend it!!

It took me many years just to convince a few friends to use plain synthetic oil,.. with the rhetoric on this board sounding very familiar regarding synlube.

It was not until synthetic engine oil became mainstream and a freind finally tried mobil one,... and then amsoil in his slightty noisey chevy marine 350. This retired old fashioned marine mechanic finally realized the benefits of synthetic oil. I am now slowly proving to him the synlube product the same way I did with amsoil many years ago,it just takes time for some,...but he does't bash me for it! It took a while just to convince him the petro oil was inferior. He had to in the end,... "prove it to himself", to realize the synthetics are better.

In the end(after reasonable research), anyone willing,or just curious,and not too timid,.. has to try a new product....to prove it,....or disprove it,...because it works both ways gentlemen!!

You be the Judge!!
Mobil 1 0w-40 data

Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40º C 78.3
cSt @ 100º C 14
Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 1.2
Phosphorous 0.1
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 230
Density @15º C kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.85
Total Base Number (TBN) 11.3
MRV at -40ºC 26242
Viscosity Index 186
HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC, ASTM D 4683 3.7

Synlube is.....................?

Synlube stands accussed of the following:

1: Failure to back up extraordinary claims with extraordinary evidence.

2: Failure to answer potential customer concerns.

3: Dodging the issues brought forth by focusing on irrelevant side tracks.

4: Using sychophants to both push product and attack anyone who dares question them. Refer to count 1.

The finding is guilty on all counts.

It is the recommendation that no one of sound mind use this product.
Last edited by trajan
Absolutely amazing !!!

Apparently some people do not have real life and only an anonymous and virtual existence on webs like BOB or NORIA.

They must get up every morning and search for SynLube for last 5 to 9 years, only so that when someone posts something somewhere about it that is positive they immediately have to say it is not so.
How do people find out in 12 minutes or less, when I do not know about it for days or months ?

Are all the dirty dozen different people or are they indeed what they accuse our customers of

"Having multiple identities", i.e. just one demented sick guy ??? (or is it a woman now)

You ALL know my name, but none of you are even daring to sign your posts with REAL NAME.

Even Helen has no last name, no e-mail, etc.

Unfortunately I do have life, yet I also devote some time to SynLube, MIROX, OKA AUTO and now BREMACH….

… about 100 to 150 e-mails a day to sort through

7 to 10 days waiting list for NEW SynLube customers and refusing about 10 to 20 a day for this or that reason (usually cars with 100,000 + miles and more than 10 years old).

The most upset are those who send e-mails that they want to sell SynLube, but when we respond that NO ONE is ALLOWED to SELL or PROMOTE our products unless they have used them in their own personal vehicles FIRST for at least one year, the fireworks and insults start flying !!!

I have operated the business since 1996 and followed two advices that my Uncle has given me:

1.) Never let anyone promote the product if they did not use it first, that instantly eliminates all the "get rich quick" scammers

2.) Never sell it to anyone unless you first know what their intended use is.

That was based on his more than 30 years of experience, and I can only second the rules and I am glad I did take his advice.

As simple as that.

And anything OUR customers want is available to them, anonymous virtualities have no need for any technical specifications, the only intent is to use them for some sort of scheme.

That has already happened on BOB, someone (Trojan under another name I suspect) merged two documents, claiming it to be "SynLube" but forgot to delete few references that were in the fabricated document from another source (Mobil pre ExxonMobil).

Now why someone spends so much time and effort to prove something that is not true is beyond me !!!

He could have blown up all his vehicles by now and test the FREE engine giveaway.

There however is a glitch AAA would take the engine apart, the USED oil would have to be provided and under California regulations where our Insurance underwriter is he would have been sued under the Insurance Fraud Statue and would have had a 5 year vacation in CA prison.

While over the years few people with well over 100,000 miles on odo vehicles claimed “SynLube” did this or that, none ever sent oil sample (it always mysteriously disappears), never provided the worn or damaged parts, etc.

So people try anything, but when someone is in a big hurry to get SynLube, NEXT DAY, who never used it, it is a suspect and when the application is vehicle they just bought two days ago with many miles that is another suspect.
Revealing how we protect ourselves against false claims would compromise our legal defense against such FRAUD.
Since about 15 people annually claim SynLube did this or that, but so far none of them ever had a proof of purchase, did not know when or where they bought it, and so on, it is amazing how many people go out of their way to try stuff like that.
If any of the BOB people revealed their identities our Lawyer would have already took them to court for slander.
And for the one that is still thinking about again doctoring MSDS, fair warning it is Federal Crime to do so, so get ready for $50,000 fine and reserve next 5 years for free vacation.
quote:
Mobil 1 0w-40 data

Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40º C 78.3
cSt @ 100º C 14
Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874 1.2
Phosphorous 0.1
Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 230
Density @15º C kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.85
Total Base Number (TBN) 11.3
MRV at -40ºC 26242
Viscosity Index 186
HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC, ASTM D 4683 3.7

Synlube is.....................?

Synlube stands accussed of the following:

1: Failure to back up extraordinary claims with extraordinary evidence.

2: Failure to answer potential customer concerns.

3: Dodging the issues brought forth by focusing on irrelevant side tracks.

4: Using sychophants to both push product and attack anyone who dares question them. Refer to count 1.

The finding is guilty on all counts.

It is the recommendation that no one of sound mind use this product.

Sidetracks,....hello,...it's the attackers who come up with all the sidetracks!!!!!

I have used mobil one in the past. I have seen the expensive test with mobil one(neptune) using an,obsolete car,obsolete engine(been re-done),and obsolete oil at that time. Big waste of time if you think about..

I am bored with mobil one and have moved past it twice over. Even amsoil proves that mobil one is an inferior product. Yawn!! Remember, I have used Amsoil in the past.

Mobil 1 is a "watered down" product compared to even the German mobil one,that can not be purchased in the US. Not even really 100% synthetic,just ask them!! I figured being on this site we would at least move beyond "store bought oil". Give my a break!! Anyone can go to the store every 5-7k. This topic is about something that separates the boys from the men!!

Like I said before,if you like going to wally world,or some other retail outlet,then have at it!!! Some of us have moved way beyond that because we either choose to,or are into leading edge products. The last time I used m1,I had to add cd2-engine detergent to it at the 2k mark because of morning valve tap noise,which the cd2 solved every time.

My understanding is that M1 changes from batch to batch anyway. Wear scar diameter high,poor film strength etc. Many of the lawsuits pertaining to engine sludging,like vw,toyota,audi,...develope sludge using M1.,even amsoil. Check it out.

Google engine sludge,vw,toyota,audi,chrysler,dodge 4.7 sludge,black death etc. Sludge is epidmic!! Google that too! Amsoil, even on their website stipulates that it must be changed according to the manual,no extended oil changes even with amsoil for these sludge engines.

Amsoil,M1,Castrol,etc,sludged up in those engines as well because the engines were that hard on the oil,...they couldn't handle the conditions put to them. Europe went through this issue back in the 80's,that is why european oil is superior,...look it up on the net!! That is why I use synlube. No sludge in even the above mentioned vehicles.

I never had valve tap noises with amsoil ever in that particular car(1986 olds 5.0 engine),even at 10k. The amsoil even quieted down the slight-to moderate low end noise proving amsoil is superior to m1.

Since then, I have moved onto synlube and found this product to be superior based on many things I have noticed with different engines.

If your a die-hard skeptic,..oh well,..just use the store bought stuff!!
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
I frequent BIOTG.

AD

Wrong, not anyone or everyone who fequents "that" site is aware of the overall facts,or owner status,....same can be said of even synlube.

I will state that I found out over time about the owner of the "other site". So I was unaware for a stretch as well,it happens.

That site is not what it used to be it would seem. It has the mentality of play nice and everyone gets an "A",and wins,...or sit in the corner and shut-up!! I am not in kindergarten anylonger,... so why would I want to go back!!

I thought it was normal to question information,...but now when someone you don't agree with questions,....it's,"how dare they do that",...."why didn't they know this obvious information already"!!!

I am not banned from that site,nor should I be,..but I have found that the effort is rather futile to even "discuss" this product when the synlube users are the ones beign attacked there. The attackers are over the top with their dialog at times!! Can you say "Juvenile"?? It's a "boys" club!!

Moreover, we are now way off topic it would seem. The initial discussion was just a friendly,"hey check this out,look what I am using and it works".

I am a legitmate user of the product and it is very much doing what it states,as the other synlube users have found out over time.

If your skeptical,so be it. Use whatever you are using,this topic does not apply to the very skeptical folks anyway.

If your open minded, intersted in different,and innovative products(synlube is not new at this point),I "thought" I could bring to the table my real life experience with this product. I am a real person just like you!! Instead you attack me with name calling such as ,..."shill,...troll,...liar.scam,snake oil,lock him out,call the mods,etc", I get it,...your skeptical,...so was I at first. It happens!! Kill the messanger is your approach??

Anything that is new or different, human nature is incline to always attack,kill it!! This is scientific fact,the world over!! The first cars on the road were laughed at!! The first japenese cars were ridiculed and heavily mocked. Pc's were even shunned at first. I even get laughed at for taking vitamins by cigartte smokers who spend $5-6 grand a year on cigs.(they live at the doctors office,my cousin is one of them),.. Sound familiar to some of you!! I know I will get bashed for the cigarette thing,oh well,..I'll take my lumps!

Not every product is off the shelf,mainstream ,wally world made in china mass marketed designed.

A certain array of products and services are marketed and sold to a smaller group of people,...and or ,government,industry,military,etc.

Yes,you should "question with boldness",..but at some point,there are those like myself who have done a "reasonable" amount of research to be satisfied enough to actually at least try a product on a small scale with a decent level confidence. Some people are leading edge,what can I say!!

Even slick-50 with teflon(yes it still has teflon)(dupont being dropped),prolong,tufoil with teflon,and all the others that are on the walmart shelves. Why are these product on the shelves of walmart and elsewhere if they "blow up engines",.. cause any engine damage, excess wear,emission issues,warranty issues,etc. ,.. just to make point,..thats' all. The ftc,epa, would have pulled them by now,so there is at least no harm being done,..maybe even a benefit if used properly. I am sure there is some politics/lobbying and money invovled,... but they would have by now been pulled off the market! You decide!!

Some of you out there are acting as if someone were actually asking you to drink the synlube oil,..or give up a kidney or something!! It is non-toxic though,.....but I wouldn't reccomend it!!

It took me many years just to convince a few friends to use plain synthetic oil,.. with the rhetoric on this board sounding very familiar regarding synlube.

It was not until synthetic engine oil became mainstream and a freind finally tried mobil one,... and then amsoil in his slightty noisey chevy marine 350. This retired old fashioned marine mechanic finally realized the benefits of synthetic oil. I am now slowly proving to him the synlube product the same way I did with amsoil many years ago,it just takes time for some,...but he does't bash me for it! It took a while just to convince him the petro oil was inferior. He had to in the end,... "prove it to himself", to realize the synthetics are better.

In the end(after reasonable research), anyone willing,or just curious,and not too timid,.. has to try a new product....to prove it,....or disprove it,...because it works both ways gentlemen!!

You be the Judge!!

I'll be the judge! You guys and your little scam got busted. Now pack up and sell your snake oil elsewhere. It is clear from the replies no one wants to buy your product, and they see you guys for what you are. Move on.

AD
You ALL know my name, but none of you are even daring to sign your posts with REAL NAME.

Even Helen has no last name, no e-mail, etc.

i use my name too for this forum and BITOG....Enoch CA, so would you please inform us your MSDS or specification of your product?
What i know if someone or somebody doing business in USA, they will provide a specification of the product they sell to customer, and for oil/lubricant business it is the same too, from large Company to small company will glad to send the information and specification of their lubricant to costumer.

regards,
Enoch
Notice how the disciples and their leader focus on everything but what is important.

Who owns BITOG has no relevance to this product. But this is what con artists do. Smoke and mirrors. Misdirection. Deflection.

Anything to avoid answering questions that need answering.

I want to compare the oil I use to this miracle juice. I can't do that because they do everything but make that possible.
LOL...I just wanted to see a simple MSDS. But Miro, then said I would 'doctor' it...All through this thread, one thing is the constant, people ask for simple things, that they would see listed, with ANY other product. He has none of that, so he refuses and hurls his venom, at the person asking.

After this thread Miro, and the other at BITOG I can assure you...Your e-mail count will go down, as people will be driven away in droves.

We will keep asking Miro...So people never forget the scam.

Miro can you post a simple MSDS of this product?

Miro, why was Synlubes's business license 'Permanently Revoked'?

We are waiting Miro.
Blah blah blah. Yada yada yada. Gimme gimme gimme. You have to gimme this. You have to gimme that. I dewmand to know this. I demand to know that. You owe me this, you owe me that. I need instant gratification. I behave just like my spoiled rotten teeny bopper kid. 31 pages—and heading for 50 pages—of the same old crap. I'm too lazy to read. Same blenders from schools of higher learning and weekend driveway oil changers types asking the same dumb old stuff. Mud slingers at best.
quote:
Blah blah blah. Yada yada yada. Gimme gimme gimme. You have to gimme this. You have to gimme that. I dewmand to know this. I demand to know that. You owe me this, you owe me that. I need instant gratification. I behave just like my spoiled rotten teeny bopper kid. 31 pages—and heading for 50 pages—of the same old crap. I'm too lazy to read. Same blenders from schools of higher learning and weekend driveway oil changers types asking the same dumb old stuff. Mud slingers at best.

So a car enthusiast asking some questions that all oil companies will answer is wrong?

Just a few off the top of my head.
cSt @ 40º C ?
cSt @ 100º C ?

Flash Point, ºC,?
Total Base Number?
Viscosity Index?
HTHS Viscosity?

No one is asking for trade secrets. A VOA would tell, but why would someone want to waste their money to find out? Besides Synlube Inc would say the oil was tampered with. LOL

AD
quote:
quote:

So a car enthusiast asking some questions that all oil companies will answer is wrong?

Just a few off the top of my head.
cSt @ 40º C ?
cSt @ 100º C ?

Flash Point, ºC,?
Total Base Number?
Viscosity Index?
HTHS Viscosity?

No one is asking for trade secrets. A VOA would tell, but why would someone want to waste their money to find out? Besides Synlube Inc would say the oil was tampered with. LOL

AD

Apparently it is wrong. We're suppossed to just fork over a few hundred dollars on faith alone.

I don't understand why inHaliburton in paticular is defending a product he says he won't use.
Agreed. Yours is a resonable and responsible request.

If I was using the product, and happy with its performance, I
would not bother with a VOA. I'm content using Amsoil products in my autos and commercial lawn mower equipment. I have never, nor will I ever go to that needless bother and needless expense.

As I've said previously, from my reading on the SynLube subject, pros and cons, I feel that it's a worthwhile product. In spite of its cost, and in the long run, it has saved many of the users in this thread and elsewhere, mucho money. Much more money than changing mainstream oils at the prescribled intervals.

If I lived in the US of A, or could buy the product up here in Canada at the advertised price in USD, I would try the product.

Fyi, a typical synthetic oil change up here costs about $75. Cdn.
Any customer can request anything,

NO NAME, NO ADDRESS, NO PHONE, NO E-mail

NO Response

All public information is on www.synlube.com

Since you have time to waste 5 years on negative comments, etc.

You should be able to find all the data !

PS: Shipping to CANADA is FREE and we accept all the credit cards, so the price indeed is the SAME in USA and CANADA.

PS: And what on Earth makes you think you would believe any specification if you saw it ?

You want to know buy a sample and send it to your favorite lab, as simple as that !!!
SynLube has always been at 2961 Industrial Road #300, Las Vegas NV 89109 since 1988 (Prior that in Vancouver BC since 1966)

Owned by MIROX since 1996

So since you can find everything compare the addresses, the "owner's" and may be it will dawn on you that someone tried to infringe on our business. (The story is far more juicy but none of your business anyway)

Just like previous AMSOIL dealers tried to have www.synlube.com
or 1-800-SYN-LUBE

But as I stated before we got tired of suing them since none of them once we got a judgement ever had any money.

We have over $275,000 in uncolledted judgements - just got settlement on one after 23 years, boy was he shocked when BoA frozen his Personal Checking Account to pay us, after 19 years he quit hiding, but it took 4 years before his ballance was high enough to be impounded. If our business was as insignificiant as you think it would be more profitable to collect all the judgements and never mind the products, that however is not the case, we have quite long waiting list from new customers for their first FILL of INITIAL FILL - may be that is what is driving all the negativists crazy, especially those who used to be AMSOIL dealers that got stuck with wast inventory of products that no one else would buy.

We do NOT sell dealerships like AMSOIL, we do not sell at WAL-MART for less than our dealers buy the product for like MOBIL 1; we do not relabel someone elses products like ROYAL PURPLE, SHAFERS, etc.

We even had to take CASTROL to court for using Synlube - as a trademark - they finally abandoned it.
They even had FAKE products they never sold to defend their "Trademark fraud" it reportedly costed tehm $2.3 million to defent it (Paid to lawyers, not to us), and after 15 minutes of evidence from our lawyer a Federal Judge ordered abandoment, it only took 5 years for that to happen. SO you can get your day in court if you are willing to wait and wait and wait....

Before Lube-4-Life was trademarked over 10 years ago, we did wolrd wide search and NO ONE USED IT EVER, since we have introduced it and Trademarked it first, we had already 26 infringements all over the world, funny why people would re label their own products with someting that in your opinion is "inferrior snake oil" ???

May be because the plain petroleum just does not sell all that well - to identify the FRAUD which did and does happen we have to keep our specifications well guarded, only that way we can absolutely in fromt of Judge (who is not a scientist) prove any infringement or attempt by others to sell FAKE products with our branding on e-Bay or elsewhere.

Last con-man we caught was selling "SynLube" at swap meet few years back, except that it was not BLACK, yet he represented himself as a "DEALER" and sold it claiming he got the stuff from us.

So may be that answers some of your doubts as for why, and again if you send request with your personal information so we know who you are, you can get any information you want, if it is available or not a "Trade Secret".

Anything that is for public to now is a public information, anything that is not, obviously is not.

If our business was not as good as it it I would probaly be taking actions against Synlube in Washington, Michigan, and about 12 other companies that call their products synlube or some way imply that it is "synlube" - why would competition name their product after an inferrior product that does not work ???

May be you should ask PEDROS, SYNAIR, GUARDIAN, Pathway and the others that get free ride on our long time fame
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
quote:
A VOA would tell, but why would someone want to waste their money to find out?

FINALLY someone boldly admits that VOA is a waste of money !!!

And why would you want to waste you time to know, when you have no need or reason to know !

Sorry let me clarify a bit. Not worth wasting money on a VOA on a product that is clearly a scam IMO, and the opinion of many others. Bells and Whistles, smoke and mirrors, and no answers to questions, basic questions that any other oil company would gladly answer. My opinion sir.

AD
quote:
quote:
quote:
A VOA would tell, but why would someone want to waste their money to find out?

FINALLY someone boldly admits that VOA is a waste of money !!!

And why would you want to waste you time to know, when you have no need or reason to know !

Sorry let me clarify a bit. Not worth wasting money on a VOA on a product that is clearly a scam IMO, and the opinion of many others. Bells and Whistles, smoke and mirrors, and no answers to questions, basic questions that any other oil company would gladly answer. My opinion sir.

AD

A number of auto sites agrre with you. They are all using the scam word.
Miro, again I ask:

1) Do you even have a simple MSDS?, will you post the MSDS?

2) Why was Synlube's business license "Permanently Revoked'?

Your continued refusal to address anybody's questions on your product has led to Synlube having a reputation as a SCAM.

This SCAM label is now getting out on the worldwide web...The label Synlube Lube4Life, has now become synominous with SNAKEOIL/SCAM.
quote:
A number of auto sites agrre with you. They are all using the scam word.

If you think about, half the stuff sitting in walmart is called a scam by some!! Amsoil,amway,many others a scam as well by what others "say". Big companies were once called that word by scared people at the time. People just love the word,makes them feel good sometimes.

Synlube is very legit,..I know,..I use it!! I am using it!! Been almost a decade now!! If your ever in town you can check out my vehicles,and other equipment. Pull my dipstick, because I am not pulling your chain!!

I really thought by now we had moved beyond,.... SCAM. Can anyone come up with something original?? Give me a break!!

With all the information and proven history regarding synlube,...including the recent information and offers for anyone curious to check it out,......"scam" is all you can come up with?

I thought this group was a little more sophisticated than they are showing to be about a product. You guys are not just skeptical,and very negative,....your "paranoid",...and that is too bad!!

You now have a great deal more information and the means to get more as well. You know what they say, "you can lead a horse to water,......but you can't make him drink it".

You will look everywhere and anywhere to find even a shred of something negative,....and never bother to look for the positive,..or ignore it,.. and embrace only the negative. Being negative is easy!!

To get to the truth,...requires some work,... which I see few here bother with. Too bad again!!
Is their any data to back up Synlube's claims? NO of course not. Just the standard 'Pitchman' routine.

The Synlube pitch has led it to become synominous with SCAM. 99.99% of everything out on the web about Synlube is horrible. Just a few Pitchmen.

Miro, again I ask:

1) Is there a MSDS for your product? Will you post it?

2) Why was Synlube's business lcense 'Permanently Revoke'?

3) Each oil get a code, what is YOUR oilcode under which the product has passed all claimed specs?

Certainly your oilcode number can't be a secret?

The news is out on the web.

Synlube is a SCAM.
This company is hiding something. If they are real, they should have at least some third party research to back their claims. But they don't have any. This is a major red flag.

Just because a company CLAIMS there stuff is used by NASA, doesn't mean it's good or even true. I know of some O-rings that NASA bought that nobody brags about. This is another red flag, alot of bogus products love to mention NASA as if it's supposed to mean something. It's easy to invent such claims'

I see nothing about the product that would be an encouraging reason to use it. I can get detailed and independant research on all nearly every lubricant/oil out there, but for some reason NOTHING about Synlube.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
This company is hiding something. If they are real, they should have at least some third party research to back their claims. But they don't have any. This is a major red flag.

Just because a company CLAIMS there stuff is used by NASA, doesn't mean it's good or even true. I know of some O-rings that NASA bought that nobody brags about. This is another red flag, alot of bogus products love to mention NASA as if it's supposed to mean something. It's easy to invent such claims'

I see nothing about the product that would be an encouraging reason to use it. I can get detailed and independant research on all nearly every lubricant/oil out there, but for some reason NOTHING about Synlube.

Just got off the "other site",with a proposal to them about future discussions I think you will like.

Here is the deal,and what do you think? I have noticed the store bought oil folks post to each other for the most part,correct? They seem to bash the synlube people unjustly,like me! Thats how I perceive it anyway.

So, I am proposing from now on until further notice,that the synlube users only talk to each other to keep everything fair and friendly and on the same plain!! It has become impossible to have any decent dialog otherwise,so why bother.

I have seen the other synlube users posting their positive results,.. so I know they are there.
Here's an idea. Why not have Synlube sponsor their won site? Then you won't have to post on Bitog or here anymore, [probably bad for your business, so you won't do it.] Then you guys can post there all you want. In fact only members who buy Synlube will get a special password, so us "store bought oil folks" can't join. Or if you like anyone who stumbles upon your site can read all the great stories you'll have, but they won't be able to post unless they buy your product. A Synlube Elitist Club.

AD
Thanks, they can say whatever it is they want on their own site, and keep people who ask the wrong questions off the site. This way only the sheep can join, and be lead down the green path to better lubrication.

Somehow I don't see it happening. You see they need sites like this and Bitog to push product. Sales might be hurting a bit though, if any would-be customers scanned the 33 pages here.

AD
This Thread has turned into insults, Miro and the other Synlube Fans, do you have any customers with positive results with Synlube that might want to come on here and share there experiences.

Miro, it seems like the members of Noria would like some more information about what is in your oil, unless you think they will go out and copy your product.

I am not going to jump on the Synlube Bashing Bandwagon, but I have not seen any reason to buy Synlube since the Synlube Fans, which there are few of seem to be bashing other oil's.
quote:
quote:

Just got off the "other site",with a proposal to them about future discussions I think you will like.

Here is the deal,and what do you think? I have noticed the store bought oil folks post to each other for the most part,correct? They seem to bash the synlube people unjustly,like me! Thats how I perceive it anyway.

So, I am proposing from now on until further notice,that the synlube users only talk to each other to keep everything fair and friendly and on the same plain!! It has become impossible to have any decent dialog otherwise,so why bother.

I have seen the other synlube users posting their positive results,.. so I know they are there.

I have a better idea. Answer the basic questions that will enable us to actually make a comparison.
Hi All,

It's getting a bit out of perspective here...or at least becoming a neverending story. Discussions are good, but keep it polite and professional. No need for dirt. After 33 pages of comments, we should have had some answers, don't you agree?
I suggest a voting if we should close/lock this thread down, just reply with +1 or -1.
A period of one month seems reasonable?

Of course with the option to start a new thread with the key questions.

+1

The usefulness of this thread has long since past. The posters who have had real world experience with SynLube can no longer be bothered posting. The reason should be obvious even to you guys. Nothing that they have posted is good enough for the gimme gimmes, mud slingers and naysayers. Why Miro bothers to put in the time it takes away from his business is beyond me. Nothing you people say will affect his business or bottom line. As you have stated, that's your purpose. I noticed there were no comments about his supplied info in the lengthy above post except more gimme this and gimme that. Not even the info you keep whining for will convince you. I wouldn't give you guys anything, either. He owes you NOTHING.

Suggestion to SynLube users: no more posts, therefore, no more fuel for the naysayers and mud slingers.

Suggestion to Miro: same thing.

Enjoy conversing with one another. You will soon be bored. I'm unsubscribing from this thread. I'm outta here. Last post.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Captain Kirk: Here is the deal,and what do you think? ...I am proposing from now on until further notice,that the synlube users only talk to each other to keep everything fair and friendly and on the same plain!! It has become impossible to have any decent dialog otherwise,so why bother.
QUOTE]

Although it would require a lot of work on the moderators part each topic on this board could be set up as a "Pro" and a "Con" thread. It could be any topic, not just this one.

On the "Pro" side members could post their experiences and those who have not used the product could ask their questions. On the "Con" side members who have had negative experiences with the product can post that. Any negative concerns from posters who have not used the products could be voiced as well.
InHaliburton: Well boo-hoo to you, ya bag of wind.

Anyway just remember, I play nice, with those who play nice.

And yes, this could have ended years ago, if Miro, had supplied some very simple data, on his product. But the shillness I say, was a good amount of the FEW Synlubers. Now that they have taken some BIG lumps, they realized this wasn't in there best interest...Well DUH. Hello McFly!!

However, I shall refrain from asking questions of Miro, as it's quite clear...He doesn't have any of the answers to the questions,that have been repeatedly asked for years.

I believe anybody, who may have been a fence sitter on this product has had all they needed to see, to avoid it at all costs. A good day to all.
I say lock Miro and his shills off these sites.
All that comes of these threads is wasted bandwidth, time, and no answers to questions.

Miro should host his own forum, then he can control every event that occurs there. He can have his shills praise his product, instruct them not ask any questions to technical in nature, and anyone who doesn't buy product from him will have to stand clear. He can even make up user names of thousands of loyal customers posting praise for his product. Problem solved. Now the down side: Synlube won't have forums like this to try and push product on.

AD
Even if a new thread asking the key questions is started, I fear we would have the same results.

The questions would never get answers. Or, they would, but not in any way that would allow us to make an informed choice.

I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars based on claims of "It's great!!"

Doing that renders sites such as this and BITOG useless.
Last edited by trajan
Hey Miro My name is Erici live in Fort Mcmurray in Alberta and unlike you claim i dont need to hide behind my virtual name,unlike you .Here my ride,how about that,sponsor me,finnance an evo coil over kit,37 inch tire,toms wood drive shaft,ripp s/C ,currie rock jock 60 front,rear axle,an atlas transfer case.I would be using your oil,until the engine die under these condition,how about it?

Last edited by vitualmage
Just an update:
Ford Ranger FX4, 4.0L V-6 w/5-spd manual
Synlube installed: 27-Jan-2004
Miles: 45,449.7
Avg MPG: 19.774, mostly light city/suburban driving (EPA 15/19)
Other SynLube products: gear oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant

I have had excellent service from these products. No problems at all.

I use a CM filter and about 2 years ago, I removed it to check for any sign of oil deterioration. There was none. I reinstalled the filter but I replaced the media so that I could show anyone interested.

The engine feels consistantly strong, spark plugs look clean, no deposits on the tailpipe, cold starts, even after extended down time, are effortless. Oil consumption during this time is about 4-6 ounces.

I will take my six years of actual experience over any other standard.
Last edited by houckster
Yeah, well, we would expect no less from the owner of synlube.

From BITOG
Profile for Houckster
Member #: 939
Title:
Total Posts: 9
Registered on: 01/28/03 08:00 PM

Add to UBB Buddies | Ignore this user | Add to Watched Users | Show User's Posts

About Me
Hobbies: cars, bicycles, reading, photography

Contact Info
What else can you expect from a anonyomous poster that likes to fake facts and documents under not less than 5 identities:

All anyone has to do is to look up profile and realize that molacule, Trojan and what ever the orhters are (same person, if we call you a person) post.

Date Registered: Sun August 22 2004
Karma Title: Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
Display Email: Houckster
Why did you join this forum?: Looked interesting.

So if every customer is an owner then we only ahve 68,090 of them as of today....
quote:
Originally posted by Houckster:
Just an update:
Ford Ranger FX4, 4.0L V-6 w/5-spd manual
Synlube installed: 27-Jan-2004
Miles: 45,449.7
Avg MPG: 19.774, mostly light city/suburban driving (EPA 15/19)
Other SynLube products: gear oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant

I have had excellent service from these products. No problems at all.

I use a CM filter and about 2 years ago, I removed it to check for any sign of oil deterioration. There was none. I reinstalled the filter but I replaced the media so that I could show anyone interested.

The engine feels consistantly strong, spark plugs look clean, no deposits on the tailpipe, cold starts, even after extended down time, are effortless. Oil consumption during this time is about 4-6 ounces.

I will take my six years of actual experience over any other standard.

Houckster, I just the read the population of Nevada is 1, Miro Kefurt of synlube!!

Apparently, no one using the synlube product is allowed to live in Nevada?

What people don't realize is the home state of any company will have the most customers!!! Imagine That!!!

Well, guess what, I live in NJ and use synlube, and wanted to know if you are using the magnet inside the Cm filter because I was thinking about installing one of the those on my jeep. The factory filter is rather small and Cm offers a larger size that would easily fit.

Do you have on oil pressure gauge in the Dash,if so what does it show overtime with the filter?
TO: vitual_mage

Business is done via

synlube@synlube.com

And you can order anything you want

Our GUARANTEE applies to ALL uses, our limited lubrication warranty APPLIES only to unmodified vehicles that people leave alone and do not experiment with and do nothing more than replace the conventional Lube with SynKit.

We are really NOT and never were interested in people who are not satisfied with vehicles they purchased and have to redesign a 2 billion (on average) vehicle R&D and think that on budges for FEW $$$ they will improve on something that thousands of Engineers spend years on doing but just can not get it right !

They should in my opinion go and manufacture their own vehicles as apparently the WORLD OUT THERE needs them, since in 100+ years of manufacture no OEM can make a decent car...

We do not sponsor any racers, they all (over 415 teams) buy SynLube and pay the same price that you will, if you purchase it, we do not give away cases of motor oil on every “even t” like CATROL does, not sponsor non winning teams like MOBIL 1, etc.

We do not finance Golf tournaments, swim meets, sky expeditions, or hunts for sasquatch, all we do is make the absolutely best lubricants you can as a private person buy at a price you can afford (less than cost of petroleum) while eliminating 100% of used waste oil from the environment.

Also no one seems to get the fact that you can change SynLube as often as you like and if so you get money back for the USED product, try that one with AMSOIL, MOBIL 1, SHELL, or what ever !!!
quote:
What else can you expect from a anonyomous poster that likes to fake facts and documents under not less than 5 identities:

All anyone has to do is to look up profile and realize that molacule, Trojan and what ever the orhters are (same person, if we call you a person) post.

Huh?????????????
The most customers we have are in Southern California about 82%, we actually have more customers in Alaska then Nevada, even people who live in Nevada have mindset that there can not be any company other than casino in Las Vegas, but that does not bother me at all.

Our two ex-fleet customers absolutely love us, as now they get ABSOULTELY FREE Mobil 1 for all their vehicles, and if it was not for SynLube, ExxonMobil would have never made them such great offer !!!

All it took was to mention Mobil 1 Las Vegas "tests" on our web and ExxonMobil people ran in a hurry to Las Vegas to make $$$$ giveaway - apparently they are so scared of SynLube, but why they could buy us out in a day if they wanted to probably for less than the cost of the 3 to 5 year contracts for FREE lubricants to two companies (one limo andother taxi).

SynLube on the other hand was NEVER FREE to anyone, so big OIL can definitely compete with us if they are willing to give theri products away FREE to customers, we definitely can not and will not do that. SynLube is not and never will be a charity organization.
quote:
Also no one seems to get the fact that you can change SynLube as often as you like and if so you get money back for the USED product, try that one with AMSOIL, MOBIL 1, SHELL, or what ever !!!

The oil change interval is a good point since most people are changing out the other oils they use way before the stated interval at their own cost!! They don't even trust what they are using now!!!!

I plan to adhere to the 5 year 50k interval for the maximum possible life(my choice),..and then send in the used oil for full credit like I did before at over 60k when car was traded in. I also change the filter yearly at 8-10k intervals,..but that is my choice,probably overkill!

I going to cut open the next filter change and inspect to confirm the overkill statement above.
Captain Kirk: Yes, I'm using a couple of the neodymium magnets on the filter. They attach directly to the filter element which is enclosed in a steel cage. I took mine apart after three years and was very pleased. There wasn't a thing in the filter. There was no metal on the magnets either. I probably won't remove the filter again for at least another 5 years. Talk about a dynamite combination . . .
quote:
Date Registered: Sun March 14 2010
Karma Title: Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
View Forum Posts by Trajan

\SO what happened to the other posts under other identities, that you ahd to create yet another one ?

This time you do not even dare to disclose LOCATION, etc....

YOu are really convincing !!!

My other identites? On this forum? Sorry, I have only the one.

You would be wise to lay off the drugs son.
Last edited by trajan
quote:

Business is done via

synlube@synlube.com

Our GUARANTEE applies to ALL uses, our limited lubrication warranty APPLIES only to unmodified vehicles that people leave alone and do not experiment with and do nothing more than replace the conventional Lube with SynKit.

We are really NOT and never were interested in people who are not satisfied with vehicles they purchased and have to redesign a 2 billion (on average) vehicle R&D and think that on budges for FEW $$$ they will improve on something that thousands of Engineers spend years on doing but just can not get it right !

They should in my opinion go and manufacture their own vehicles as apparently the WORLD OUT THERE needs them, since in 100+ years of manufacture no OEM can make a decent car...

We do not sponsor any racers, they all (over 415 teams) buy SynLube and pay the same price that you will, if you purchase it, we do not give away cases of motor oil on every “even t” like CATROL does, not sponsor non winning teams like MOBIL 1, etc.

We do not finance Golf tournaments, swim meets, sky expeditions, or hunts for sasquatch, all we do is make the absolutely best lubricants you can as a private person buy at a price you can afford (less than cost of petroleum) while eliminating 100% of used waste oil from the environment.

You obviously know nothing about mechanics,people have been modding the rig for years to suit their need,no CAR company can offer the best quality part or the best R&D simply the cost would be to high and they have to make compromise.You are telling me,that your oil cant handle dana 60 application, cant handle s/c engine, cant handle the atlas transfer box? ALL these use tech from the 50,we still use solid axle,the engine is from a dodge caravan from 1990 .....im very impress ,glad you did say so causes you just block yourself from a big part of the jeep community and unlike you seems to say we do not cut corner when its time to pay for part,we want the best.
quote:

SynLube on the other hand was NEVER FREE to anyone, so big OIL can definitely compete with us if they are willing to give theri products away FREE to customers, we definitely can not and will not do that. SynLube is not and never will be a charity organization.

But, in your post above this one, you state I can return the used oil and get my money back. Which makes the oil free.

Which makes it........ wait for it......... a charity organization.

So which is it?
quote:
Originally posted by vitual_mage:
quote:

Business is done via

synlube@synlube.com

You obviously know nothing about mechanics,people have been modding the rig for years to suit their need,no CAR company can offer the best quality part or the best R&D simply the cost would be to high and they have to make compromise.You are telling me,that your oil cant handle dana 60 application, cant handle s/c engine, cant handle the atlas transfer box? ALL these use tech from the 50,we still use solid axle,the engine is from a dodge caravan from 1990 .....im very impress ,glad you did say so causes you just block yourself from a big part of the jeep community and unlike you seems to say we do not cut corner when its time to pay for part,we want the best.

Virtual,easy now! It looks like just a point was being made in general. I am the owner of a Jeep GC Ltd with the 303 hp 4.7 and I use synlube,no problem,vw,mustang,etc. Yes,if the mods are done correctly improvements can be made,but as you know,they don't come cheap! They really should be Mopar in my opinion in most cases,but that's your decision. My brother in-law spent over 10 grand on his jeep! Ouch! I rode in his jeep and concluded it should now be used only for rock climbing,and is not what I would call road worthy. Talk about bounce,high center of gravity,and now its a dog on the road! Maybe even dangerous!! He does not go off road with it,so it was just for fun. He is also out of work now,ouch again!

Put whatever oil in your jeep you want.

However,if your are into cutting edge,..just a suggestion,..you could give it a try. Synlube can handle all what you speak of above. Change the filter in 5k and send in a UOA to your favorite lab to get a trend and prove it to yourself. I see you are already using pretty good oil now, shaeffer's I believe. That oil does use severely cracked petroleum,so by definition the synlube is using a much more expensive base stock.

However,if your engine is from 1990,.. there would be some questions about your unique circumstances regarding that engine and so forth. Has it been rebuilt,moded etc.? How and where do you drive it,off road,rock climbing etc.

If you had synlube in the drive train,and way overstressed and snapped/broke something,then no,don't use synlube,it can't strengthen the metal gears in that regard. It will give excellent shock loading protection though. But twist something in two,forget about it!!
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Virtual,easy now! It looks like just a point was being made in general. I am the owner of a Jeep GC Ltd with the 303 hp 4.7 and I use synlube,no problem,vw,mustang,etc. Yes,if the mods are done correctly improvements can be made,but as you know,they don't come cheap! They really should be Mopar in my opinion in most cases,but that's your decision. My brother in-law spent over 10 grand on his jeep! Ouch! I rode in his jeep and concluded it should now be used only for rock climbing,and is not what I would call road worthy. Talk about bounce,high center of gravity,and now its a dog on the road! Maybe even dangerous!! He does not go off road with it,so it was just for fun. He is also out of work now,ouch again!

Put whatever oil in your jeep you want. However,if your are into cutting edge,..just a suggestion,..you could give it a try. Change the filter in 5k and send in a UOA to your favorite lab to get a trend and prove it to yourself. I see you are already using pretty good oil now, shaeffer's I believe. That oil does use severely cracked petroleum,so by definition the synlube is using a much more expensive base stock.

However,if your engine is from 1990,.. there would be some questions about your unique circumstances regarding that engine and so forth. Has it been rebuilt,moded etc.? How and where do you drive it?

You prove against your lack of knowledge,mopar part are re branded after market,lift kit for the jk are mostly made by rubicon express,the differential are made by dana,the engine is a 3.8 was first seen in 1991 as a 3.3 and re-tune by Chrysler and come stock in all wrangler jk.Oil filter ,made by wix.....but i guess its better to have mopar write on it .....and the soft top is made by best top.No lift kit are not cheap but done properly they can be safe on or off road .Still your lack of knowledge is unbelievable you know nothing about the product you want to put your oil in,its honestly quite lame.Why would i rebuilt a brand new engine?It might be a cow,slow but tough and will last me for year, where i drive it? Common its a jeep where do you think i drive it?
Shaffer. nope i dont use it ,mobil 1 in the engine,motul gear 300 in both differential ,amsoil in the transfer case and oem oil in the tranny.
MIROSLAV KEFURT JR. You really need to cut it with your attacks dude. First off I have no need to post, as another person. And your insinuations that Trajan/Myself, and other people are the same person is absolute nonsence...Really.... Grow up.

There were some posts in the Synlube thread early yesterday, referencing something from the L.A. Times in 1981 about you that was well...shocking. Trajan, mentioned this had nothing to due with the post. I agreed, I notified the mods and he may have as well. The article and all posts, referencing it were immeadiately removed.....You know what I am referring to.

So quit with your bull dude. Quit with the paranoia. We just wanted facts from you. Facts to backup INCREDIBLE CLAIMS. The way you went, and are going about things, really makes me question your competance as an owner and human being....Take the hint Miroslav, relax and go away for awhile...NOBODIES OUT TO GET YOU DUDE.
quote:
quote:

Put whatever oil in your jeep you want. However,if your are into cutting edge,..just a suggestion,..you could give it a try. Change the filter in 5k and send in a UOA to your favorite lab to get a trend and prove it to yourself. I see you are already using pretty good oil now, shaeffer's I believe. That oil does use severely cracked petroleum,so by definition the synlube is using a much more expensive base stock.

However,if your engine is from 1990,.. there would be some questions about your unique circumstances regarding that engine and so forth. Has it been rebuilt,moded etc.? How and where do you drive it?

You prove against your lack of knowledge,mopar part are re branded after market,lift kit for the jk are mostly made by rubicon express,the differential are made by dana,the engine is a 3.8 was first seen in 1991 as a 3.3 and re-tune by Chrysler and come stock in all wrangler jk.Oil filter ,made by wix.....but i guess its better to have mopar write on it .....and the soft top is made by best top.No lift kit are not cheap but done properly they can be safe on or off road .Still your lack of knowledge is unbelievable you know nothing about the product you want to put your oil in,its honestly quite lame.Why would i rebuilt a brand new engine?It might be a cow,slow but tough and will last me for year, where i drive it? Common its a jeep where do you think i drive it?
Shaffer. nope i dont use it ,mobil 1 in the engine,motul gear 300 in both differential ,amsoil in the transfer case and oem oil in the tranny.

Great! Bravoooo!....your'e an expert on Jeep parts. The topic at hand is about synlube lub-4-life and the feedback from those who have used it thus far. If you have not used it don't knock it. A simple no-thanks will do. Enjoy re-rebuilding your jeep over and over!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
MIROSLAV KEFURT JR. You really need to cut it with your attacks dude. First off I have no need to post, as another person. And your insinuations that Trajan/Myself, and other people are the same person is absolute nonsence...Really.... Grow up.

There were some posts in the Synlube thread early yesterday, referencing something from the L.A. Times in 1981 about you that was well...shocking. Trajan, mentioned this had nothing to due with the post. I agreed, I notified the mods and he may have as well. The article and all posts, referencing it were immeadiately removed.....You know what I am referring to.

So quit with your bull dude. Quit with the paranoia. We just wanted facts from you. Facts to backup INCREDIBLE CLAIMS. The way you went, and are going about things, really makes me question your competance as an owner and human being....Take the hint Miroslav, relax and go away for awhile...NOBODIES OUT TO GET YOU DUDE.

IT is you doing the attacking,.....DUDE!!! 1981,..based on your posts is before you were even born,...DUDE!!
Dont worry miro i will enjoy building my jeep,and no i wont try your product,since the only people who should use it in your book,are people living in the perfect condition,perfect environment,new vehicle since anything over 100k is trash.The way you treat potential customer is unheard off,you are extremely rude and using multiple account to defend yourself is quite low.....and dont talk about car or truck when you know absolutely nothing about them,dont worry more and more people know about your scam and luckily with Internet the one who dont know will eventually.
quote:
Dont worry miro i will enjoy building my jeep,and no i wont try your product,since the only people who should use it in your book,are people living in the perfect condition,perfect environment,new vehicle since anything over 100k is trash.The way you treat potential customer is unheard off,you are extremely rude and using multiple account to defend yourself is quite low.....and dont talk about car or truck when you know absolutely nothing about them,dont worry more and more people know about your scam and luckily with Internet the one who dont know will eventually.

Vitual,why are you responding to Miro?? The last couple of posts were by me(captain kirk). If we are going to have any dialogue at all,you have to at least keep track of who made the last post,...and by the way,...it is you who is rude and abnoxious!! If you have never used synlube, you can't make any sound opinion period!!

Spend the next few years doing research on the lubricant and then you will not only be educated,but over 21 as well!!!
The irony is that i work in a mine,tar sand.....where we making synthetic crude oil,we running the biggest truck in the world Caterpillar 797b,and even with the best oil recycling system in the world,they still have to do oil change every 500 hours....if a product could make these truck run longer then that ,believe me they would know about it and use it.
Miro i have a question someone just made my day with one of your vehicle on your site.

:1987 YUGO GV

He estimates the car had over 400,000 miles on it. But since YUGO odometers do not register over 99,999 and roll over to "zero" the odometer has been showing only 52,117 miles when the car was traded-in.We can add that to the rx7,the movie star on her hood and the 1.5l MK2 vw golf?
Date Registered: Mon November 13 2006
Why did you join this forum?: For knowledge of lubricant issues
RobertC

On teh other hand people like you I do take seriously and for sure how can you form any opinion if it is not suppoerted by a fact ?

Can you with 100% certainity, that you are willing to bet your life on predict how a pizza will taste, without ever smelling it, seeing it or God no ! Tasting it ?

When it comes to lubes no amount of past experience can make you predict or understand anything that you have not used.

Especially when the lubricant is NOT liquid, but a colloid - there is entire science "colloidal chemistry" that did not even exist when petroleum lubes were used on locomotives.

Tribology as a science did not even had a name before 1966.

No one could buy SynLube privately before 1985 as it was classified as a "strategic material" and you had to get clearance from Department of Defense to use it.

If you have never seen a drop of it, then you have no basis to make any comment on the product itself you can only express your expert opinion on OTHER CONVENTIONAL LUBES.

And that is my opinion and belief based on fact....
There are only so many co-incidences

On Noria there is SynLube thread for over 5 years, yet every now and then 4 to 7 people that do not disclose their name, location or anything else, have the "same" objections, prose, etc.

and they ALWAYS all join in mater of days or hours of each other.

AND NEVER post anything to other threads !?

If that is not rather obvious that it is the SAME person, then voila !!!

It must be a conspiracy - and just try to get 5 to 7 separate totally different people agree on anything... and you will realize that the probability of such event is eclipsed by KENO win.

But of course I did know a woman once that claimed to have 3 split personalities.... but that is yet another story, nothing to do with Lubrication.

No one in 25 years that SynLube ahs been available to public in USA (initially only as OEM lube in BERTONE X1/9) has ever complained of any problem, NEVER

How many Sludged up CASTROL, MOBIL, SHELL engines can you find ?

VW, TOYOTA, CHRYSLER, - in thousands.

Why then would anyone put PENNZOIL, QUAKER STATE, SHELL, MOBIL, CASTROL, etc. into ANY vehicle after all there is documented proof that engines that used the stuff failed, and not just few, over 9,000 of them to date?

Someone must really be blinded by the advertising $$$ to not to even admit that has and is happening.....

And what abotu the 10 to 15% of oil sold in USA that is classified as API SA, where do you think that ends up ???
You really have lost it. You whine how there are people who only post in a synlube thread. Can you point out all the thread here you posted in?

I wonder if you realize that people tend to post in a thread that they have an interest in?

You're grasping at straws. Your persecution compplex is in full cry.

Why don't you post accurate, verifiable, data on this miracle product instead of this nonsensical gasconade of yours?

9,000 engines failed due to using oils of proven ability? List them.
Im a French Canadian ,i now live in Alberta and its quite obvious.Yes people join to stop your shady business ,you attacked so many people on different forum that some do take it personal now,sadly some people will believe your claim and they need to be advise about your scam.You look down on anything over 100 000k saying its trash,saying that Mazda engine are badly design and will destroy themselves without your magic oil,telling people to get rid of their Honda hybrid,causes after 30 000k the transmission will destroy itself...unless we use your product from the start.You telling people how we can judge without being a specialist,saying we are not engineer or scientist , well ill ask you how can you talk about other vehicle without being a mechanics?

No one could buy SynLube privately before 1985 as it was classified as a "strategic material" and you had to get clearance from Department of Defense to use it.

Explain to me why on your site you can find this then :
1983 BERTONE X1/9
owner Patty Warren, Las Vegas NV
Synner since 2/6/1984 @ 1,800 miles

1984 BERTONE X1/9
owner Elizabeth Doris, Jupiter Hollow, CA
Synner since 2/26/1984 @ 800 miles

1980 FIAT-BERTONE X1/9
owner: Steve Bell, Burbank, CA
Synner since 11/1979 @ 600 miles

1979 MASERATI MERAK
owner: Gloria Viederstein, San Francisco, CA
Synner since June 1980 @ 700 miles

1978 FIAT X1/9
Current owner Daniel Gotlieb, NM
Synner since 10/1979 @ 6,000 miles
They either worked for NASA, JPL, Boeing or Lockheed (or their spouses did)

As simple as that first USA user was NASA engineer and used it in his wife'd Rolls Royce

Also SynLube was then available freely in Canada to anyone, that is how Russians bought it for their space program applications, the use was only restricted in USA.

So if you are Canadian yuo coudl ahve had it in your vehicle years before any US "private" citizen could buy it at any cost.

SynLube was manufactured in Vancouver BC from 1966 to 1989.

Since 1989 it has been made in DoE complex in Mercury, NV (also know as Nevada test site or area 51, hence the alians always used it !!!)
You really made my day,at least i had a great laugh,when you start talking about the NASA and such,never taught ill be so lucky to be Canadian.By the way the water pump in the VW are tough even if the impeller is in plastic,i use to be a big fan of VW and strangely,i never seen or heard about a water pump failing.....had windows falling down,electric problem,alternator,heater core but water pump ? Vehicle in these day in age have never been so reliable,but without your help we are all doom,sorry everyone,you cant keep your vehicle more then 5 year unless you use synlube .

No its not me,my name is Eric im Canadian we dont use miles but kilometer ....my vehicle is a wrangler jk 2009,the engine is currently at 30 000k,i expect him to last for at least 250 000k without any major overhaul.I have read on many post how you treat people with higher mileage vehicle....my past vehicle?

vw jetta 1990 die around 420 000k

Mazda rx7 mileage in unknown since the engine was from another vehicle and been rebuilt.

Toyota trueno ae86 engine was fine over 240 000k on it ....was just a stupid teenager and totalled it.

Toyota 4runner 1989,over 200 000 killed it in a river...did hydro lock the engine.

Chevy cavalier 1993 , did sell it around 170 000 k and last time i heard was still running.
quote:
Date Registered: Mon November 13 2006
Why did you join this forum?: For knowledge of lubricant issues
RobertC

On teh other hand people like you I do take seriously and for sure how can you form any opinion if it is not suppoerted by a fact ?

Can you with 100% certainity, that you are willing to bet your life on predict how a pizza will taste, without ever smelling it, seeing it or God no ! Tasting it ?

When it comes to lubes no amount of past experience can make you predict or understand anything that you have not used.

Especially when the lubricant is NOT liquid, but a colloid - there is entire science "colloidal chemistry" that did not even exist when petroleum lubes were used on locomotives.

Tribology as a science did not even had a name before 1966.

If you have never seen a drop of it, then you have no basis to make any comment on the product itself you can only express your expert opinion on OTHER CONVENTIONAL LUBES.

And that is my opinion and belief based on fact....

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Data data data.

Real, verifiable, trustworthy data.
quote:
They either worked for NASA, JPL, Boeing or Lockheed (or their spouses did)

As simple as that first USA user was NASA engineer and used it in his wife'd Rolls Royce

Also SynLube was then available freely in Canada to anyone, that is how Russians bought it for their space program applications, the use was only restricted in USA.

So if you are Canadian yuo coudl ahve had it in your vehicle years before any US "private" citizen could buy it at any cost.

SynLube was manufactured in Vancouver BC from 1966 to 1989.

Since 1989 it has been made in DoE complex in Mercury, NV (also know as Nevada test site or area 51, hence the alians always used it !!!)

So, theft from a goverment facility?
I had to read it twice....i mean Now synlube is used in space ship to !Beam me up scotty,no wonder you using capitain_kirk as another nick name lol .I just realized i dont even need to warm people against you....you look like a fool without help!

Where is teh FTP-75 test for any oil sold by SHELL, ExxonMobil, AMSOIL, BP ?

We have done it FORD vehicle, AAA Lab, no one from SynLube touched the car for 82,000 miles.

No Oil company is willing to run FTP-75 even with their recommended oil changes !!!

And how come when you use their "oil" when the vehicle is over 75,000 miles they tell you you now have to use "high mileage" oil as their regular oil just sludged up your engine and caused seals to harden.

None of you have even noticed that one ?

Any set of any data in one point in time has no value, only a long documented trend, like retention of low emissions for over 100,000 miles is far more valuable.

Why don't you ask you favorite Oil Company to provide such test data ?
quote:
quote:

Yeah, sure. Can you provide the verifiable evidence of that?

Here perhaps? http://www.globalsecurity.org/.../report/1988/JGA.htm

Here?
http://www.emporia.edu/earthsc...natalie/newindex.htm

Well????????????????? This is a thread about synlube, isn't it?

Dodging the questions and relying on misdirection and deflection isn't going to change that.

BTW, none of my vehicles, all of which have gone over 100,000 miles on non synlube oil, have ever failed any emmision test.

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/cycles/ftp75.html.

The FTP-75 (Federal Test Procedure) has been used for emission certification of light duty vehicles in the U.S. Effective model year 2000, vehicles have to be additionally tested on two Supplemental Federal Test Procedures (SFTP) designed to address shortcomings with the FTP-75 in the representation of (1) aggressive, high speed driving (US06), and (2) the use of air conditioning (SC03).

The FTP-75 cycle is derived from the FTP-72 cycle by adding a third phase of 505s, identical to the first phase of FTP-72 but with a hot start. The third phase starts after the engine is stopped for 10 minutes. Thus, the entire FTP-75 cycle consists of the following segments:

1.cold start phase
2.transient phase
3.hot start phase.
The following are basic parameters of the cycle:

•Distance traveled: 11.04 miles (17.77 km)
•Duration: 1874s
•Average speed: 21.2 mph (34.1 km/h).

Why would an oil company run an emission test when this test is for a vehicle?

Oh, I never used high milage oil either.
Last edited by trajan
The only measure of Engine Lubricant performance that any Automotive Engineer will recognize is the effect on emissions (lower emissions is better; poor lubricant will increase tail pipe emissions by up to 20%); duration of such effect (over useful vehicle life as defined by Clean Air Act = 75,000 miles or 150,000 miles if PZEV in California ONLY); effect on fuel consumption (less fuel used when compared to "control oil SAE 20W-30" is better); duration of the fuel consumption effect (only 2,000 miles for most API licensed oils, and over 82,000 for SynLube)

1.8% MPG improvement City
3% MPG improvement Highway

Emission reduction compared to SAE 5W-20 OEM Fill 50% on average. (CO, HC, NOx)

Emission at 100,000 miles lower than OEM (FORD)certification test at 4,000 miles

NO OTHER LUBRICANT AT ANY PRICE CAN DO IT.

Project Description: SynLube Lubricants Long Term Test

AAA Project Identification Number: 81

Project Number: 2002-0317-1

Project Begin Date: 2/26/2002

Project Finish Date: 7/6/2007

NO OIL COMPANY can or ever will run a test for 5 years, as every 3 to 4 years they change the formulations, mainly because they are unable to meet the latest OEM specifications with their current products.

Sensible people will argue for 5 years or more when they do not have any proof, but since their ego was hurt because they can not afford a decent vehicle and drive what US Congress (hey you elected them ?) determined to be a CLUNKER (anything that is pre 2001).

If vehicles are as durable as some of you think they are why do 14 to 16 million vehicles annualy get junked ?

And why are you not still driving 1950's someting ?

PS: IRS defines even today "vehicle useful life" to be 5 years or 50,000 miles - so if you have ANY legitimate business you can depreciate it to ZERO in those two alternatives.
Miro..you are quite the expert in getting cough in your own lie...

Oil company have to change their formula to meet new standard ,the best example is sulphur which was a main component in lots of oil and even fuel before .You saying non stop did other company provide this and that.....well why dont you? The only question ,in every forum ever asked to you is data.Suddenly your product user show up and damn they know much about the product,i mean they almost seems to know more about it then yourself.When we ask number you treat us like we are idiot and moron,try to act like a victim and at the end still avoid the original question data....then you claim no one can read that data ,i mean you are the only specialist in the world.

So smart you cant even afford a proper web page
,even back in the days,front page was a laughing stock ,why use front page when you can do your own coding in html. But its true you are friend with Bill Gates and he use your oil in a Lamborghini ,while the only car Gates did even own was Porsche .

Your lie have become so big,so unbelievable,so incredible,its time for you to realize in what kind of mess your put yourself in .

And sorry to the mods,ill try to keep with more constructive post in the future,ill say its the first time someone online put me that much on the defensives.I just wish they where law against scam and because my rig is one of my passion ,get told my truck is a piece of junk really make me ...well.My last post on this matter,i did troll enough in that matter i admit it.
Sigh...........

We're still waiting for you to enthrall us with accurate, verifiable data.

Like....

The 9,000 engines you claim were ruined by proven oil.

The DoD list with synlube on it.

The 14-16 million vehicles junked anually.

I would suggest you read "How to win Friends and Influence People."

And maybe take up some remedial business classes on how to represent your product.

Because not only are you not winning any, but your obvious inability to produce any verifiable information and constant refusal to stay on point, is an influence.

You influence people not to try this product.

Anyhow... Going further is pointless. There ism just no way this shillube is going into the new Mustang, let alone the Z4.

100,000 miles = clunker. Now that is funny.

Bye...
Last edited by trajan
I have to say that this thread has gone do far off of the deep end with this product, that it really isn't worth all of the aggrevation to read it anymore.

He said this and that, and they retaliated to it just doesn't cut it.

I asked questions, I found out some information, and formed MY opinion, and acted as such with the lubricant that I currently use: Brad Penn. New, no. Full synthetic, no. Affordable and meets my needs, absolutely.

That's all that matters, what YOU think and want in your vehicles crankcase. Anything else is pure fluff.
quote:
Project Description: SynLube Lubricants Long Term Test

Project Begin Date: 2/26/2002

Project Finish Date: 7/6/2007

On our web for 3 years, AAA test took 5 years and still you refuse to accept a proof,

If you can not trust AAA and FORD and EPA, then simply you can not trust anyone....

Yet you trust and use petroleum oil from companies that are proven to lie and fake tests, like SHELL, CASTROL, etc.

www.ftc.gov

Keeping your head in tar sand in hope it will turn to synthetic oil is probably the only appropriate action for the refusenicks !
Last edited by mirokefurt
http://www.synlube.com/PR201001.htm
Real Person Real CAR

http://www.synlube.com/press.htm
Test run by AAA on FORD vehicle and submitted to EPA

http://www.synlube.com/pr03.htm
Real Person Real CAR

http://www.synlube.com/pr02.htm
Real Car test on BERTONE

http://www.synlube.com/pr01.htm
Real Car test for KIA

SHELL, ExxonMobil, BP, Citgo, UNOCAL, AMSOIL does not have a single vehicle that went that far even with regular oil changes to prove that their oil "works" - and if ti is necessary to change the formulation every 3 to 5 years that alone proves that the "previous" formula DID NOT WORK adequately to be used in the latest MY vehicles.

But if you already have the best possible lubricant available, there is NO NEED to change the formulation, ever .....
quote:
http://www.synlube.com/PR201001.htm
Real Person Real CAR

http://www.synlube.com/press.htm
Test run by AAA on FORD vehicle and submitted to EPA

http://www.synlube.com/pr03.htm
Real Person Real CAR

http://www.synlube.com/pr02.htm
Real Car test on BERTONE

http://www.synlube.com/pr01.htm
Real Car test for KIA

SHELL, ExxonMobil, BP, Citgo, UNOCAL, AMSOIL does not have a single vehicle that went that far even with regular oil changes to prove that their oil "works" - and if ti is necessary to change the formulation every 3 to 5 years that alone proves that the "previous" formula DID NOT WORK adequately to be used in the latest MY vehicles.

But if you already have the best possible lubricant available, there is NO NEED to change the formulation, ever .....

I had hopes I was done.but the continued propigation of non verifiable data says otherwise.
I believe late next week we will have a VOA, that's Virgin Oil Analysis, on this Synlube from a totally independent and unbiased lab, it will come from somebody who has alot of experience, I do not think anyone here is buying that Miro only knows somebody who can interpret what is in this oil.

All of the proof will be presented to show how this product was obtained.

I believe this VOA will show us that Miro probably uses some oil from Wal-Mart for his basestock and then he puts his witches brew into it.

I do not believe you can run any oil, including Synlube without some side effects, since this Synlube starts out as a 5W-50 motor oil I would hate to see how much it thickens up after 15,000 or more miles of use.

I believe all of these additives in Synlube will just eventually clog up someone's engine and just lead to more wear.

I also believe the synthetic media oil filters Synlube sells are definetly like the Amsoil EaO Oil Filters with the Donaldson synthetic media, the problem with this media is that in the 1st 10,000 miles it lets more contaniments flow through your engine than a Pure One type oil filter. Whether the oil filter media is synthetic or cellulose paper it will eventually clog up, and when this happens your oil filter goes into bypass and you have more junk floating around your engine.

I saw the post here where a gentleman dumped his factory fill of oil on his new car at 800 miles or so and put Synlube in, at 16,000 miles his valvetrain was making serious noise, he got the Synlube out and everything went back to normal.

I am sorry Synlube, but today's cars need thin oil, meaning a 5W-30, 5W-20, or a 0W-20. The days of thick oil's are far gone. The reason being is that many of todays engines are either single or dual OHC engines, you need the oil to travel from the bottom of the oil pan to the top of the engine. This Synlube stuff might have been o.k. back in the 1950's.

Miro, there is no way that your 5W-50 oil is going to pump up faster on a 0 degree morning than a Mobil 1 0W-20 or a Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20, even a 5W-30 oil will pump up faster. I really think that you are hiding something from us, and I think an unbiased VOA will expose what you do not want us to know.

If your oil was so good, I believe there would be other lifetime oil's on the market, or oil's like yours that could go the proclaimed 50,000 miles.

I see you bash other motor oil's and oil companies, I can remember the owner of a particular oil additive who said his oil additive was the best, we found out his product did not work and that he had no tests to back up his claims that his product was the best, it was actually the worst, I smacked him around so good on this board that the guy pleaded with the admins to take my threads down, he just was no match for me.

I did use that pathetic oil additive, but I will not be using your oil based on what has been written here in this thread, but Miro, I will give you credit, you are a fighter and you believe in your product and even though this thread may make Synlube look bad, you have not asked for this thread to be deleted, you do not give up, so I can definetly say that you must know more about Synlube than Frank Miller knows about auto-rx.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
I believe late next week we will have a VOA, that's Virgin Oil Analysis, on this Synlube from a totally independent and unbiased lab, it will come from somebody who has alot of experience, I do not think anyone here is buying that Miro only knows somebody who can interpret what is in this oil.

All of the proof will be presented to show how this product was obtained.

I believe this VOA will show us that Miro probably uses some oil from Wal-Mart for his basestock and then he puts his witches brew into it.

I do not believe you can run any oil, including Synlube without some side effects, since this Synlube starts out as a 5W-50 motor oil I would hate to see how much it thickens up after 15,000 or more miles of use.

I believe all of these additives in Synlube will just eventually clog up someone's engine and just lead to more wear.

I also believe the synthetic media oil filters Synlube sells are definetly like the Amsoil EaO Oil Filters with the Donaldson synthetic media, the problem with this media is that in the 1st 10,000 miles it lets more contaniments flow through your engine than a Pure One type oil filter. Whether the oil filter media is synthetic or cellulose paper it will eventually clog up, and when this happens your oil filter goes into bypass and you have more junk floating around your engine.

I saw the post here where a gentleman dumped his factory fill of oil on his new car at 800 miles or so and put Synlube in, at 16,000 miles his valvetrain was making serious noise, he got the Synlube out and everything went back to normal.

I am sorry Synlube, but today's cars need thin oil, meaning a 5W-30, 5W-20, or a 0W-20. The days of thick oil's are far gone. The reason being is that many of todays engines are either single or dual OHC engines, you need the oil to travel from the bottom of the oil pan to the top of the engine. This Synlube stuff might have been o.k. back in the 1950's.

Miro, there is no way that your 5W-50 oil is going to pump up faster on a 0 degree morning than a Mobil 1 0W-20 or a Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20, even a 5W-30 oil will pump up faster. I really think that you are hiding something from us, and I think an unbiased VOA will expose what you do not want us to know.

If your oil was so good, I believe there would be other lifetime oil's on the market, or oil's like yours that could go the proclaimed 50,000 miles.

I see you bash other motor oil's and oil companies, I can remember the owner of a particular oil additive who said his oil additive was the best, we found out his product did not work and that he had no tests to back up his claims that his product was the best, it was actually the worst, I smacked him around so good on this board that the guy pleaded with the admins to take my threads down, he just was no match for me.

I did use that pathetic oil additive, but I will not be using your oil based on what has been written here in this thread, but Miro, I will give you credit, you are a fighter and you believe in your product and even though this thread may make Synlube look bad, you have not asked for this thread to be deleted, you do not give up, so I can definetly say that you must know more about Synlube than Frank Miller knows about auto-rx.

Nice post bear. Maybe this VOA will put this all to rest. Maybe this is the greatest oil ever made, and once XOM, Shell etc. find out they'll buy the rights to the product. Everyone has a price, and if the product is as good as the shills pushing it want us to believe, the oil companies will hit that price! Then we won't have to hear this nonsense anymore.

AD
QUOTES FROM BIG BEAR.
quote:
You have absolutely no basis for this yet. If you deny what SynLube says and claim they should offer proof of their claims then you should adopt the same standard and substantiate your own counterclaim. And that's simple enough to do. Buy a quart of the oil and have it analyzed by Terry Dyson. I e-mailed him about SynLube and he is genuinely interested in learning more about it. He isn't ready to conclude it's snake oil if I have interpreted his comments appropriately.

quote:

I believe there is valid reason for you to reconsider. Did you somehow miss my post? I have had SynLube installed in my Ranger for over six years. Nothing has clogged up yet. And by now, if there were any truth to your claim, I think I'd have had to replace the engine. Of course you can choose to believe that I'm not being truthful but where's the motivation to defend this product if the engines I've installed SynLube in had sustained damage? If it had, I'd be on the other side screaming about what happened to my engine.

To date, oil consumption is nil, I pass my emissions tests easily, the plugs are clean, there's no smoke or deposits forming on the tailpipe. I get well above the EPA estimates for mileage. How can SynLube fail as badly as you expect it to and my engine perform as well as it does?

quote:
This isn't true at all. The thin oils are a compromise. Because today's engines have EFI and overhead cams AND because the OEMs still want to use conventional oils, they specify a thin oil because more wear occurs during a cold start than at any other time. They are willing to sacrifice a bit of wear when the engine is warm. This in no way means that SynLube won't work. I have used Synlube in three cars, my current Ranger and two Focus prior to it. None of them had the first problem using this lubricant. Sometimes, I go weeks between starts, even in winter but when I start the engine, there isn't a hint of noise that would indicate a dry lubrication condition and believe me there is no worse sound in the world. SynLube adheres better and the dry lubricants in colloid form are fully capable of protecting the engine alone until the oil begins to circulate.

Consider this: If you search the web, and read the information by the lube manufacturers about their thin oils they will talk about the quality of their oils and they will talk about how long they last but I have not found one site where they say that engine wear is the same or less than the thicker oils. And that's because they can't.

With SynLube you don't have to compromise. And if you tried SynLube, you'd change your mind about it.
Last edited by houckster
Well a VOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.

AD
Last edited by adfd1
quote:
Well a UOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.

AD

Now you know that if it isn't done at Miro's recommended lab, or done by someone who doesn't use it, or if you don't use your real name and location, that any result is wrong.

The preceeding only applies of the result is unfavorable Big Grin
quote:
Well a UOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.
If you buy a quart of SynLube and submit it to Terry Dyson for analysis, there won't be much room for spinning. He's an acknowledged expert on oil analysis and I believe he has corresponded with Miro about his oil. Let us know when you submit the sample since you would be inclined not to believe the results if we submitted it.

quote:
Consider this Houckster: As I pointed out earlier, you own synlube, so it is to be expected that you say what you do.
What do you mean I OWN SynLube? I'm a customer and nothing more. I live in Georgia. If you can't tell the difference between my style of writing and those of Miro Kefurt, you haven't been reading very closely.
Heavier is better. Thicker is better. You can tell the viscosity of oil by feel (between your thumb and fore finger). “I’ve used straight 30 weight for years.” Motor oil viscosity is not that big a deal. Thicker motor oil is better for your engine and increases engine life. One must use SAE 20W-50 motor oil if the vehicle has over 100,000 miles on it. SAE 5W-20 is too thin to protect the engine. Synthetic SAE 5W-30 is thinner than conventional SAE 5W-30 motor oil. Straight weight oils (i.e., SAE 30) give better protection than multi-viscosity oils.
Fact: There are two main reasons why vehicle manufacturers recommend thinner or lighter viscosity grades of motor oil. First, a gain in fuel economy can be achieved with lower viscosity oil. At cold temperatures and at start up, lower viscosity oil will reduce internal engine friction. About 10% of the engine's horsepower is lost to internal engine friction, resulting in a drop in fuel economy. Additionally, vehicle manufacturers are struggling to meet Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) requirements set by the government and avoid paying associated fines. Any fuel mileage improvement associated with a lubricant use would be good for them, and lighter viscosity grade motor oil will make a difference.

Second, thinner motor oil is essential for easy starting, particularly in cold weather, and for proper lubrication once the engine starts. Today's smaller engines have smaller clearances and tighter tolerances between moving parts, and there have been some instances where camshaft damage has occurred because of inadequate lubrication with higher viscosity grades in colder weather. Thinner oils, such as SAE 5W-30, will flow faster than heavier motor oils during start-up and initial engine operation and will help protect the engine from excessive wear. Multigrade oil will also offer the same high temperature protection as single grade motor oil. Always check your vehicle owner's manual to select the proper viscosity grade based on the expected temperature range. The viscosity grade(s) recommended by the vehicle manufacturer depend somewhat on engine design. Engine manufacturers have spent considerable time and expense experimenting with different viscosity grades and have indicated in the owner's manual the grades they feel will best protect the engine at specific temperatures. While one manufacturer's engine may require an SAE 10W-30, another manufacturer's engine may require an SAE 5W-20 viscosity grade. This is likely due to different tolerances within the engine or other engine design factors.

Houckster, I am sorry to say that you sound alot like Frank Miller over at auto-rx who never tested his product and made claims that were not true. If these thinner oil's out today did not protect as well as thicker oil's we would have engines seizing left and right.

I have seen a VOA on Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra and I base everything on my observations from using variuos oil's and oil additives.

Pennzoil Platinum is an awesome oil
Auto-Rx just does not work for me or anyone
MMO is a fantastic product

I can back up what I say with my observations and other people have followed my lead with great results, you cannot back up your statements with any kind of proof, since you have quoted me then I must have struck a nerve with you.

How about bringing some of these satisfied Synlube users on here so I can ask them some questions.

How about some Valvetrain Pics

A super thick oil like your Synlube might be o.k. for some sustained high RPM driving, but most of us do not drive like that.

Can you tell me what kind of oil you use for your basestock, can you show us pictures of the great big Synlube plant where your product is made, give us a You-Tube Video, I bet you won't do that.

You probably use some Shell Rotella 15W-40 which has a 40 Degree Celcius number close to your Synlube product, then you go out in your garage and mix the stuff up.

Don't feel bad, Miro, at least you personally mix your stuff up, I like that in you, it seems you personally mix your stuff into the base oil to make Synlube.

Frank Miller at arx has Havilland Products in Michigan ship and bottle auto-rx to him in Florida.

Miro, prove me WRONG with some You-Tube Video of the great Synlube Factory that makes this product, I doubt it, becuase I called you a few weeks ago and you had no Synlube, you told me that you needed to make a new batch, that had me thinking that this stuff is mixed up in your garage.
quote:
Fact: There are two main reasons why vehicle manufacturers recommend thinner or lighter viscosity grades of motor oil. First, a gain in fuel economy can be achieved with lower viscosity oil.
I will put my mileage up against any user with any other oil whether it be 0W20, 5W20 or whatever. There is no proof that these oil provide any improvement in milage other than in the lab and that by a very small amount not evident on the street.

quote:
Can you tell me what kind of oil you use for your basestock, can you show us pictures of the great big Synlube plant where your product is made, give us a You-Tube Video, I bet you won't do that.

You probably use some Shell Rotella 15W-40 which has a 40 Degree Celcius number close to your Synlube product, then you go out in your garage and mix the stuff up.

Don't feel bad, Miro, at least you personally mix your stuff up, I like that in you, it seems you personally mix your stuff into the base oil to make Synlube.

Obviously you consider me to be Miro Kefurt. If you do that's going to put an end to this exchange. I cannot answer for Miro. I can only testify to my own experience and opinions.
quote:

What do you mean I OWN SynLube? I'm a customer and nothing more. I live in Georgia. If you can't tell the difference between my style of writing and those of Miro Kefurt, you haven't been reading very closely.

for Houckster
Title:

Add to UBB Buddies | Ignore this user | Add to Watched Users | Show User's Posts

About Me

Contact Info

I read just fine old boy. Your profile from BITOG. Do read the line in red and get back to me.
quote:
quote:

for Houckster
Title:

About Me

Contact Info

I read just fine old boy. Your profile from BITOG. Do read the line in red and get back to me.

Trajan, you beat me too it, I was just about to post the same thing you did.

Miro or if you want to go by Houkster, will you answer my questions.
Big bear you got a point,in my application,they recommended 5w20 since i see deep cold during the winter,-50 Celsius in not uncommon here .Im not brand loyal when it come to oil,if anyone could give me some lube with a better pour point i would jump on it.

Ford is a very popular brand here for fleet vehicle,just the site where i work own over 300 F150 and they doing extremely long oci.These truck are kept in the worst condition ,dirt road,low speed limit between 30 and 50 kmh ,they are mostly run 24/24 7 day a week and the driver beat these like they stole them.Still they survive,im yet to see a dead engine.These truck are kept for 3 year then sold,most of them are over 100k,wont say in the best shape...still they are working ,my point? ANY engine can last that long without heavy maintenance these day,will last 3 time longer if the maintenance is done properly .Why Miro is so afraid of any vehicle over 100k?
no offense guys, but i think we have to lock this thread and continue in the already formed new one. Useful text out of this thread can be copied, i will inform Mike to remove the offensive, offtopic and unrelated post in this thread. Lets keep it clean, professional and polite. This is one of the few websites where you can trust (most of) the info without being influenced by sales talk. The brand does not matter as long as specs are right IMHO
I do not know who was able to edit my profile on BITOG but I have corrected the information. I repeat, I do not live in Nevada, I live in Georgia. I do not own any part of SynLube and I am only a customer.

If you are going to continue to regard me as Miro Kefurt, I'll let you have the last word as I will see no possibility of any productive exchange.
Last edited by houckster
Wow too Big Grin......only admint and you can edit this....
quote:
I do not know who was able to edit my profile on BITOG but I have corrected the information. I repeat, I do not live in Nevada, I live in Georgia. I do not own any part of SynLube and I am only a customer.

If you are going to continue to regard me as Miro Kefurt, I'll let you have the last word as I will see no possibility of any productive exchange.
Do you remember your posting below 1 year ago..? and still nothing data?
enoch

Posted Thu February 19 2009 11:14 PM Hide Post
Hello All, after a long-long time journey about this lubricant, i'm still waiting the test result from Houckster, He promissed on September 2008 will provide the test result but untill today we cannot recieve this.
thanks,
enoch
Posts: 15 | Location: Jkt- Ind | Registered: Sat October 25 2008

Ignored post by enochca posted Thu February 19 2009 11:14 PM Show Post

Houckster
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
Posted Mon February 23 2009 07:24 PM Hide Post
I have no excuse. I've been extremely lazy. I'm going to try and get the sample in later this week.
Posts: 168 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sun August 22 2004

Ignored post by Houckster posted Mon February 23 2009 07:24 PM Show Post

Allen Walker
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
Posted Mon March 02 2009 03:21 AM Hide Post
quote:
I have no excuse. I've been extremely lazy. I'm going to try and get the sample in later this week.

quote:
quote:
If you buy a quart of SynLube and submit it to Terry Dyson for analysis, there won't be much room for spinning. He's an acknowledged expert on oil analysis and I believe he has corresponded with Miro about his oil. Let us know when you submit the sample since you would be inclined not to believe the results if we submitted it.

quote:
Consider this Houckster: As I pointed out earlier, you own synlube, so it is to be expected that you say what you do.
Last edited by enochca
quote:
The irony is that i work in a mine,tar sand.....where we making synthetic crude oil,we running the biggest truck in the world Caterpillar 797b,and even with the best oil recycling system in the world,they still have to do oil change every 500 hours....if a product could make these truck run longer then that ,believe me they would know about it and use it.

Now would they know about it?? Have they already tested it and therefore would know? Every 500 hours?...what are they using now in the mining industry?? Best oil recycling in the world?? Really? It would last forever if that were true. What is it?? Do you mean by-pass filtration?? Centrifuge type?? Heated?? What is the main filtration doing? Top ups? etc.etc.

Let me just guess about the oil. It is probably someting of industry standard or mainstream stuff,..just a guess though. Most company heads use whatever is considered normal for that industry and what everyone eles uses in that particular industry. The standard! If they are happy doing that,so be it!! I don't always like standards because it's status quo. I look for new and better standards,..and why not.
quote:
You really have lost it. You whine how there are people who only post in a synlube thread. Can you point out all the thread here you posted in?

I wonder if you realize that people tend to post in a thread that they have an interest in?

You're grasping at straws. Your persecution compplex is in full cry.

Why don't you post accurate, verifiable, data on this miracle product instead of this nonsensical gasconade of yours?

9,000 engines failed due to using oils of proven ability? List them.

I (captain kirk),think you need to disprove what is already fact and all over the net. Look at all the re-calls and sludge issues. Why do you think these oil forums already exist. If oil was that good,there would be no issues/discussions anywhere. Why all the oil forums all over the net??

Why does almost every store bought oil claim to fight all the sludge issues,...just read the bottles. Common oils have many negative issues,and it's already proven. Do you ignore this?

It is you grasping at staws,..you have the persecution complex.
Kirk IIRC I read somewhere that you have no financial interest in Synlube. If you do then correct me, if not why bother fighting this lost battle? The whole thing is rediculous, no customer is this loyal. I see you getting battered on Bitog as well. Might be time to pack up and leave? It is clear no one is drinking your Kool-Aid.

Maybe a few qts of the magic oil was sold for VOA's due to these threads. Then we'll have some facts and figures in black and white for all the members to see. You know what they say about figures? Liars can figure, but figures can't lie.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by enochca:
Wow too Big Grin......only admint and you can edit this....
quote:

LOL a conspiracy, 31,000+ members on Bitog and his info was selected to be tampered with to frame him. LOL Awesome entertainment, and it's free!

AD
quote:
quote:

Yeah, sure. Can you provide the verifiable evidence of that?

Here perhaps? http://www.globalsecurity.org/.../report/1988/JGA.htm

Here?
http://www.emporia.edu/earthsc...natalie/newindex.htm

Hey Trajen,it would be rather refreshing iiiiiffff,....you could bring something to the table besides all the negative comments. Do you ever have something positive? I do not, after reading your posts believe you are really that skeptical. Come oonnnn!!! It's seems by now you are doing this just to be amusing and antagonize people. I hope you enjoy amusing yourself!!
quote:
This the most reasonable post, IMO, of this entire thread.

The days of thick oil aren't completely gone though. (BMW S54 engines for example.) But I doubt that any Z4M owner would use Synlube.)

The Europeans are using thick oil!! 5w-40. It is the 5w that pumps during a cold start. The 5w-20 is only for CAFE standards,..look it up,it's a fact.
quote:
quote:

for Houckster
Title:

About Me

Contact Info

Wow! Trajen,..Are you for real!! The statement in red is indicative that he is using more than one of the total product line up!! It does not in any way state he owns the "company". If you didn't get that,...all the issues at hand communicating with you now makes sense. I see we have a lot of work to do!! Would you like to start at the beginning sir!!
When someone (you know who) denies to find on the Internet multiple evidence of TOYOTA and LEXUS and VW and CHRYSLER engine that dies from sludge and the fact that all the class action suits that had thousands of plaintifs WON money for the "class" then he to me is totally ignorant of the facts - just as all those I want UOA data are totally ignorant of the BERTONE, KIA, AAA, FORD and EPA test results on SynLube which exceed any API "licensing" requirement - he has to modify and fake documents to "prove" this or that, like that anyone who posts anything positive about synlube or claims to use it has to be ME !!!

SAD SAD SAD - get a life !!!

And change it every 3,000 miles or 3 months which ever occurs first as if you do not your life will deteriorate.....due to lack of maintenance!
quote:
quote:

The days of thick oil aren't completely gone though. (BMW S54 engines for example.) But I doubt that any Z4M owner would use Synlube.)

The Europeans are using thick oil!! 5w-40. It is the 5w that pumps during a cold start. The 5w-20 is only for CAFE standards,..look it up,it's a fact.

So you agree with Big Bear on synlube then.

PS: Anericans use thick oil too. Or are you saying that all the S54 powered cars built and or driven here don't.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Here's an easy question. Since you are ignoring the MSDS thread I have to ask here.

Why is the MSDS dated 3/19/2010?

Why isn't it posted at your site?

Why did none exsist prior to 3/19/2010?

And the same questions for the PDS, except change the date to 3/17/2010.

Give him some time to edit the site, and change the date of the MSDS. The change should up shortly Smile. Everything is on the fly with Synlube.

AD
MSDS date is the date the MSDS is printed or submitted to anyone, whch we did on a request of a customer, that is Federal Legal Requirement (of course you can not find that in your Internet savy search) and indicates approval as of that date, it automatically informs the buyer/user inder OSHA rules that MSDS is valid as of that date. Last time anyone legitimately requested MSDS was in 1997. MSDS is NOT a public document the only requirement is that it is supplied UPON REQUEST to people who may handle ship or use the product associated with the MSDS.

Every company in USA and especially Oil Companies also have disclaimer that does not warrant anything, since any MSDS is ONLY valid for the product as shipped as of date of shipment and no assumptions can be made that the product is the same if the dates do not match.

With all the objections you raise for CURRENT and THEREFORE the ONLY LEGAL MSDS as of Date of ISSUE (APPROVAL) just immagine the noise you would make with document dated in 1997 !!!
Also since 1996 United States Courts for the Ninth Circuit ruled that SynLube "formula" is a "trade secret" we are not at liberty to disclose anything to anyone that is not already a public information on our website.

Anyone violating such court order is subject to fines and or imprisonment.

So if you want a long vacation at a Federal expense, go ahead, make my day !!!
Decisions by the court (Federal District) are usually final, unless it sends the case back to the trial court for additional proceedings, or the case is accepted for review by the Supreme Court of the United States.

So if you want any more information you just have to take your case to Supreme Court, and that is it, period.

So no more requests for any information, you simply will not get it without Legal Brief to Supreme Court.

By now it also should have dawned on you, that you may be subject to "wire fraud" under Federal Regulations ....

When the men in black come knocking, be ready !!!
SynLube is NON PETROLEUM - take time to find out about someting you comment on and know absolutely NOTHING about !!!

Also we are not in EU but in USA, rules are totally different, just like USA does not use "metric" system, they do not have the same Laws and Regulations like EU - USA just has to be different, even it it is the last enclave in the world to use Inches, Feet, Gallons, etc....

When ever I have used edit - as I do now - I have also been accused of tampering with my previous posts - yet another NO NO, and now YOU are recommending it !!!! .:[EM]:.

So resolve that conflict with Trajan and the others, has the "edit" prohibition been lifted ?
And also even in EU, the same regulation applies that is valid in USA under OSHA rules:

Material safety data sheets should provide professional users information about the risks involved in working with the product. The professional user does not only concern the end user, but also the conveyer, employees in warehouses or distribution centres, experts on workplace safety, an employer, etc. There is no obligation to provide Material Safety Data Sheets to consumers. Not even when they ask for it.
Quote right from the link you supplied .:[EM]:.

So again we do not even have to do it if ASKED !!!
quote:

You are neither customer, handler or user of SynLube, so you have NO LEGAL RIGHT to MSDS.

And, seeing how you are with potential customers/handlers/users, I will never be one.

If I have no legal right to an MSDS, how come I can get one for Mobil 1 5w-30? A product that I neither buy, use, or handle?

MSDS are not meant for a consumer, but any reputable business will supply one on request.

IOWs, it's called good public relations.

Drat, 39 pages, and still, nothing to convince me to use this instead of what I use now.

Don't see that changing.

And, just to be clear, I'm not the only one to ask for an MSDS, so why come after me only?

Just curious.

In an effort to kee posts down.....

I went back to where this was posted:

I couldn't find it at the AAA site. Only at synlube. Can you link where it is at AAA?
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Big bear you got a point,in my application,they recommended 5w20 since i see deep cold during the winter,-50 Celsius in not uncommon here .Im not brand loyal when it come to oil,if anyone could give me some lube with a better pour point i would jump on it.

Ford is a very popular brand here for fleet vehicle,just the site where i work own over 300 F150 and they doing extremely long oci.These truck are kept in the worst condition ,dirt road,low speed limit between 30 and 50 kmh ,they are mostly run 24/24 7 day a week and the driver beat these like they stole them.Still they survive,im yet to see a dead engine.These truck are kept for 3 year then sold,most of them are over 100k,wont say in the best shape...still they are working ,my point? ANY engine can last that long without heavy maintenance these day,will last 3 time longer if the maintenance is done properly .Why Miro is so afraid of any vehicle over 100k?

Even amsoil addresses the 5w-20 as not being needed and too thin!! Go Check it out. I guess they are wrong as well according to all the "experts" on this forum!!
quote:
Kirk IIRC I read somewhere that you have no financial interest in Synlube. If you do then correct me, if not why bother fighting this lost battle? The whole thing is rediculous, no customer is this loyal. I see you getting battered on Bitog as well. Might be time to pack up and leave? It is clear no one is drinking your Kool-Aid.

Maybe a few qts of the magic oil was sold for VOA's due to these threads. Then we'll have some facts and figures in black and white for all the members to see. You know what they say about figures? Liars can figure, but figures can't lie.

AD

I am not getting battered on that site. More than once a post of mine went unanswered because I won that particular argument. Moreover,..Why don't you take your own advice and pack up and leave!!
quote:
quote:

Even amsoil addresses the 5w-20 as not being needed and too thin!! Go Check it out. I guess they are wrong as well according to all the "experts" on this forum!!

well....i do need thin oil,its not just something i use for fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-ZBdKu7O8

enjoy....
quote:
quote:

Applications
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for Honda, Acura, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota, Ford and all other applications where SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 is required with the following specifications:

•API SM/CF, SL, SJ. . .
•ILSAC GF-4, 3. . .
•ACEA A1/B1
•Ford WSS-M2C930-A
•Chrysler MS-6395N

If Amsoil is saying 5W-20 is too thin, then why do they have a 0W-20 Motor Oil.

I bet if you put this Synlube in a car calling for a 5W-20 and there was some kind of engine problem and they found out you used 5W-50 they would probably void the warranty.

If someone using Synlube has a problem, will Miro pay to have the engine fixed, I doubt it, use Synlube at your own risk.

I am certainly not going to listen to someone associated with Synlube about what viscosity of oil to put in my vehicle, and that goes for Amsoil too, I will go buy my owner's manual, and if anyone's owner's manual says it is o.k. to use a 5W-50 motor oil, then maybe consider Synlube, but since no automobile manufacturer recommends a 5W-50 motor oil or changing your oil every 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think most people will pass.

I read this whole thread last nite and I got a HEADACHE, if I put Synlube in my engine I am sure 10,000 miles later I would have more than a headache, it would be an expensive headache.

Whatever happened with Synlube sending a used oil sample to Terry Dyson.
quote:
quote:
quote:

well....i do need thin oil,its not just something i use for fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-ZBdKu7O8

enjoy....
Since you live in the land of the Alberta clipper, I am sure you have a cold weather package on the jeep?? Block heater,and oil pan heater. Even with the best oil,at -40,warming up things before you crank the engine is best. I know of propane heaters that are used when no electric is available by some. After all the mods you have performed thus far,a cold weather package would be a prudent choice.

Also, why is 5w-20(petroleum) better than 5w-30 synthetic,the cold weather spec is better with the 5w-30 syn. Or why not use 0w-30 synthetic at least? However,it does depend on the brand and so forth. Once your engine heats up the 5w-30/ 0w-30 is better for the sake of argument. Just look at the specs.
quote:

I am certainly not going to listen to someone associated with Synlube about what viscosity of oil to put in my vehicle, and that goes for Amsoil too, I will go buy my owner's manual,

That's why I use the oil I use. M1 0w-40 and GC 0w-30 are BMW approved. I don't care what the oil maker claims. Not on the list, not going into my engine.

Synlube doesn't meet any ACEA or BMW spec.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big bear is agaist thick oil for the most part. I made it clear that I am not.

So you agree with Big Bear on synlube then.

PS: Anericans use thick oil too. Or are you saying that all the S54 powered cars built and or driven here don't.
quote:
Since you live in the land of the Alberta clipper, I am sure you have a cold weather package on the jeep?? Block heater,and oil pan heater. Even with the best oil,at -40,warming up things before you crank the engine is best. I know of propane heaters that are used when no electric is available by some. After all the mods you have performed thus far,a cold weather package would be a prudent choice.

Also, why is 5w-20(petroleum) better than 5w-30 synthetic,the cold weather spec is better with the 5w-30 syn. Or why not use 0w-30 synthetic at least? However,it does depend on the brand and so forth. Once your engine heats up the 5w-30/ 0w-30 is better for the sake of argument. Just look at the specs.

I do have a block heater,a 250w pad heater under the oil pan , battery blanket and the most important heated seat.
quote:
Big bear is agaist thick oil for the most part. I made it clear that I am not.

Actually most of the U.S. auto manufactures are against thick oil, my car is speced for a 10W-30 motor oil and I found it runs better on 5W-30 motor oil.

I could really care less what the Europeans are using, so if they are using a thick oil then sell your stuff over there, because we are not buying your thick stuff.
quote:
quote:

I do have a block heater,a 250w pad heater under the oil pan , battery blanket and the most important heated seat.

Then why do you claim to need thin oil. You are heating up the oil,..so cold starts should not be an issue.

I see more cold starts then you,and I live in NJ without any cold weather package. It does get plenty cold in NJ especially during the early morning such as single digits or even zero F.(-17.8 C.).

Therefore my oil(synlube) is actually more chilled than what your jeep will experience in Alberta because of your pan heater in the dead of winter in the early morning. Your oil would be heated to about 60 F. I would think. I will assume if no propane heater then you probably start and run your engine if your off road etc. to maintain some warmth.

I once ran amsoil series 2000, 20w-50 in another car and it started at zero F.(-17.8 C.) and not even one tick,at 175,000 miles!!
quote:
Well a VOA should put this to rest once and for all, we hope. I would think the report will be honest, and revealing. I have a feeling Synlube's spin masters will quickly go to work if they don't like the report. OTOH if Synlube's claims are in fact the truth then sales should go through the roof. But I know quite a few people who still wouldn't use it even if it were free. Reason being the attacks made by the shills on Bitog. Tough job building bridges that have been destroyed.

AD
I think you have it quite the reverse. The synlube skeptics will be as usual, the spinmasters!!
quote:
quote:
quote:

Applications
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for Honda, Acura, DaimlerChrysler, Toyota, Ford and all other applications where SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 is required with the following specifications:

•API SM/CF, SL, SJ. . .
•ILSAC GF-4, 3. . .
•ACEA A1/B1
•Ford WSS-M2C930-A
•Chrysler MS-6395N

I bet if you put this Synlube in a car calling for a 5W-20 and there was some kind of engine problem and they found out you used 5W-50 they would probably void the warranty.

If someone using Synlube has a problem, will Miro pay to have the engine fixed, I doubt it, use Synlube at your own risk.

I am certainly not going to listen to someone associated with Synlube about what viscosity of oil to put in my vehicle, and that goes for Amsoil too, I will go buy my owner's manual, and if anyone's owner's manual says it is o.k. to use a 5W-50 motor oil, then maybe consider Synlube, but since no automobile manufacturer recommends a 5W-50 motor oil or changing your oil every 5 years or 50,000 miles then I think most people will pass.

I read this whole thread last nite and I got a HEADACHE, if I put Synlube in my engine I am sure 10,000 miles later I would have more than a headache, it would be an expensive headache.

If you actually read the amsoil site,then you would know why they have the 5w-20 oil. Amsoil stated it is there for marketing purpose only to please the 5w-20 diehards!! They give all the reasons/science why 5w-20 is not needed,and why the 0w-30 is better,.. then go on and state that they will sell the 5w-20 nevertheless to anyone who wants it regardless.
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Applications

•API SM/CF, SL, SJ. . .
•ILSAC GF-4, 3. . .
•ACEA A1/B1
•Ford WSS-M2C930-A
•Chrysler MS-6395N

If you actually read the amsoil site,then you would know why they have the 5w-20 oil. Amsoil stated it is there for marketing purpose only to please the 5w-20 diehards!! They give all the reasons/science why 5w-20 is not needed,and why the 0w-30 is better,.. then go on and state that they will sell the 5w-20 nevertheless to anyone who wants it regardless.

Notice the silence now about 5w-20 oil!! Now we can talk about 5w-50 synthetic with a pour point of -64 F.
Dear Houckster....you promised us to send VOA or UOA this Synlube oil last year...do you remember? the problem for me if i lived in US i will buy this oil and send it for VOA, since i live in Jakarta the cost is very expensive U$ 300-400 from independent laboratory. Why we must not to believe if your UOA from Terry? all members can contact Terry too for confirmation.
enoch

quote:
http://www.clubtitan.org/forum...dex.php/t-22432.html The following excerpt.

In summary, the iron levels are off the freaking chart. Levels like this usually indicate the start of a problem. Even is a new engine that is still breaking in.

Secondly, the TBN is absolutely horrible. How is the oil supposed to go much longer than this with just a low TBN?

This oil is supposed to be a 5w50 lubrication. Well, its not really much of a 50 weight anymore. It's nicely inside the spec for a 40 weight. And if it were still a 50 weight, the viscocity at 40 degrees would make it a 15w50. Instead, with everything combined, you have a 20w40. That's baffeling. The Viscocity Index supports this at a piss poor 142. Superior my @ss.
quote:
SynLube is NON PETROLEUM - take time to find out about someting you comment on and know absolutely NOTHING about !!!
?

This rule is not only valid for petroleum based products, but all types of products containing a hazardous substance.

Be careful who you call stupid here, you might regret it.
Dear Trajan, thanks for this information...Smile
enoch

quote:
http://www.clubtitan.org/forum...dex.php/t-22432.html The following excerpt.

In summary, the iron levels are off the freaking chart. Levels like this usually indicate the start of a problem. Even is a new engine that is still breaking in.

Secondly, the TBN is absolutely horrible. How is the oil supposed to go much longer than this with just a low TBN?

This oil is supposed to be a 5w50 lubrication. Well, its not really much of a 50 weight anymore. It's nicely inside the spec for a 40 weight. And if it were still a 50 weight, the viscocity at 40 degrees would make it a 15w50. Instead, with everything combined, you have a 20w40. That's baffeling. The Viscocity Index supports this at a piss poor 142. Superior my @ss.
ahhaha i found in Synlube MSDS this lubricant have passed the test in Mobil Health Science Laboratory ( i saved this MSDS for comparation)
ahhaahah...can Capt. Kirk explain us.... Cool
First Bruce found it..
quote:
Originally posted by .:[EM]:.:
quote:
?

This rule is not only valid for petroleum based products, but all types of products containing a hazardous substance.

Be careful who you call stupid here, you might regret it.
Last edited by enochca
quote:
quote:

AD
I think you have it quite the reverse. The synlube skeptics will be as usual, the spinmasters!!

Dream on Kirk. Your fighting a battle you are not going to win, give up and salvage what little business you have left with Synlube. You clearly aren't selling any oil here. I just read on the other board you guys tried selling damaged Delvac-1, nice. Could that be the foundation of Synlube, damaged Delvac, and the backyard brew added to it? Just wondering.

AD
Ok, instead of quoting every post that might have something to do with this response, I'll just give credit to everyone involved with this type of response.

I did contact Synlube and chatted with Miro for a while about 3 years back, when I had the time and fundage to play with new technology products and synthetic oils. He was fine to talk to on the phone, but I do have to admit that nothing was really said to convince me to fork out the start up cost for running Synlube.

I agree with the posters that also state that the 20 weights are strictly for CAFE purposes, which is why I use a 0w-30 in my crankcase year round.

And I also have to agree that now up to 40 pages of this, and STILL no legitimate numbers of elements, components, or such, is getting to be a little much.

In conclusion, if you're not ready to try it by now, will you ever? I don't think that even numbers will help the cause at this point...
I’m the first to admit my knowledge in oil is very limited, like everyone I grow up with the idea one brand was the best, and 10w30 was the only oil that should be use in everything. My concern here is to see someone with an obvious lack of mechanical knowledge; I would even add common sense…..any engine over 100k is a piece of junk…unless run with synlube obviously. Miro talking about fact, but yet still always use is own opinion when it come to the point, transmission don’t autodestruct, engine don’t fall apart after xxxx mileage because they where build after 1990.Plastic do make sense, its stronger more durable, and more easy to manufacture. Your opinion about ford, Chrysler or Toyota should be keep for yourself....Toyota transmission are not seal, they have a drain plug with a magnet,filter on fuel pump are perfectly fine and can last longer then the pump itself.anyway I know you will answer with your theory and I will put a quote from your own webpage “grow up”. You have been exposed, people don’t take you seriously and the way you acting…they never will.
US Government spent $2.3 million on this survey; you therefore should take it seriously

Executive Summary
Vehicle survivability and vehicle miles traveled (VMT) schedules for passenger cars and
light trucks were developed from 1977 to 2002 registration and 2001 mileage survey
data. Compared to similar projections made in 1995, we found that passenger cars are
lasting longer whereas light trucks are not lasting as long. However, both are being
driven slightly farther than previous schedules had indicated.
In this analysis, vehicle age was cut off for passenger cars and light trucks when the
Estimated Survival Rate reached an approximately two percent threshold. Thus, the
lifetime VMT of passenger cars was extended to 25 years to arrive at 152,137 miles; and
the lifetime VMT of light trucks was extended to 36 years to arrive at 179,954 miles.
Previous lifetime VMT estimates were 126,665 for passenger cars (20 years) and 153,698
(25 years) for light trucks. Discount factors are also updated in this analysis and
summarized below along with the lifetime mileage.
Lifetime Lifetime Weighted Present Discount Factor
Mileage 3% 7% 10%
Passenger Car 152,137 0.8304 0.6700 0.5824
Light Truck 179,954 0.8022 0.6303 0.5419
These updated schedules should be used to assess the effects of proposed fuel economy
and safety standards.

We have no problem with people using SynLube in any MECHANICALLY SOUND, application that has no preexisting problems.

Our Warranty for NEW application is 15 years or 150,000 miles - compare that to the longest warranty offered by KIA or HYUNDAI which is only 10 years or 100,000 miles - if you use SynLube in any NEW vehicle the warranty is the LONGEST AVAILABLE at any price and it is FREE - just try to buy FORD, GM, HONDA or any other OEM extended warranty that is 15 years or 150,000 miles and they will laugh you out of the Dealership !!!

We simple inform all potential customers that indicate to have a clunker or high mileage vehicle that our WARRANTY is not valid for any application that is 10 years form date of manufacture or over 100,000 odometer miles!
Oil industry defines as 75,000 to be HIGH MILEAGE – check the labels on all OILS for “older” vehicles !!

US Congress defines clunkers – something that NEEDS TO BE taken out of service as vehicle that is older than 9 years but newer than 25 years.
Since there are less than 2% of vehicle that are 25 years old in service even EPA and DOT and US Customs let you import anything even if it is not to US Emissions or Safety standards, without any restriction, since 26 + year vehicle still running anywhere in the world (except CUBA) is basically unheard of….

WE CAN NOT AFFORD to fix JUNKERS for people for FREE. The 10 year or 100,000 miles limit was established by our underwriter (insurance company in California) only after they had ZERO claims under our prevous policy that was in effect from 1985 to 1996 and was then limited to 5 years or 50,000 miles.

OUR GUARANTEE - refund any time for any used SynLube still applies n matter what mileage we just got back SynLube form Mercedes-Benz with 160,000 miles on the Lube and 345,000 on the car, the owner is junking it as it needs $3,500 in repairs (Air Conditioning) and he lives in Phoenix and does not care to suffer through another Summer without A/C.

Vehicle longevity is well proven statistically, but still today people refuse to just look as simple facts like sealed transmissions with no dipsticks, no fuel filters, etc.

If Replacing $2,500 fuel tank like one of our BMW customers just did in a Z is something you like to do every 65,000 miles that is your privilege, to me that is IDIOTICAL BMW design that could be corrected with $10 BOSCH FUEL FILTER that has been used on EFI YUGO 20 YEARS AGO!

$2,500 versus $10 ?

And you are complaining about investing $30 per Liter into SynLube and get your money back when you are done with it, But then being GUGED by BMW when you become UNDESIRABLE BMW owner - more than 5 years or 50,000 miles (or is it now 40,000 miles) and all the FREE maintenance ends and you are on your own, if you do not get another NEW BMW (or MINI) the Germans think of you as "TRASH" !!!

PS: 0.7866% of vehicle on the road have less than 100,000 miles on them

200,000 miles is so rare that so far in all of USA only 96 people responded to request of pictures of the car+person and the ODO.

Similar previous request for 300,000 + vehicles only got 16 verifiable responses.

And there are almost 300,000,000 vehicles in USA and 14 to 16 million get junked annually...

You internet search wizzards should know all this by now as well.........

Or does your search engine refuse to provide true and verifiable data ???
i forgot how reliable these yugo where.........Consumer Reports, in its review of the Yugo, called the car "hard to recommend at any price" and concluded that "you'd be better off buying a good used car than a new Yugo.
"The Yugo stands out as the only car from a non-U.S. manufacturer to make the Hagerty Insurance "Most Questionable Cars" list.

"I threatened a couple of times to buy one and leave it in somebody's driveway," said McKeel Hagerty, president of Hagerty Insurance.

The list of the problems with this car is quite long. Owners complained basically about everything – engine problems, steering problems, problems with the stereo, problems with the seat belt, problems with the floor. The car could stall and fail to restart without prior indication or warning. Since it was so cheap, could we really expect it to work flawlessly?

The value of the car was doubles when the fuel tank was full.
quote:

200,000 miles is so rare that so far in all of USA only 96 people responded to request of pictures of the car+person and the ODO.

My bet is between Noria and Bitog there are more than 96 people with over 200,000 miles on their cars. I think on Bitog alone there are 100 members with cars with 200K miles on them.

Also from looking at your business location I wonder if you'd make good on your warranty. Maybe the business location is on the Star Ship Enterprise?

AD
quote:
quote:
quote:

AD

Dream on Kirk. Your fighting a battle you are not going to win, give up and salvage what little business you have left with Synlube. You clearly aren't selling any oil here. I just read on the other board you guys tried selling damaged Delvac-1, nice. Could that be the foundation of Synlube, damaged Delvac, and the backyard brew added to it? Just wondering.

AD
The delvac was not damaged,it was capped to prevent damage that UPS or whomever ships is known to do. You are not going to tell me you never received damaged merchandise from shipping. Besides,you seem to be reading into things that aren't even there as usual.
quote:
I’m the first to admit my knowledge in oil is very limited, like everyone I grow up with the idea one brand was the best, and 10w30 was the only oil that should be use in everything. My concern here is to see someone with an obvious lack of mechanical knowledge; I would even add common sense…..any engine over 100k is a piece of junk…unless run with synlube obviously. Miro talking about fact, but yet still always use is own opinion when it come to the point, transmission don’t autodestruct, engine don’t fall apart after xxxx mileage because they where build after 1990.Plastic do make sense, its stronger more durable, and more easy to manufacture. Your opinion about ford, Chrysler or Toyota should be keep for yourself....Toyota transmission are not seal, they have a drain plug with a magnet,filter on fuel pump are perfectly fine and can last longer then the pump itself.anyway I know you will answer with your theory and I will put a quote from your own webpage “grow up”. You have been exposed, people don’t take you seriously and the way you acting…they never will.

Vitual, Very nice rant!! OH,....and what is your point??
quote:
quote:

My bet is between Noria and Bitog there are more than 96 people with over 200,000 miles on their cars. I think on Bitog alone there are 100 members with cars with 200K miles on them.

Also from looking at your business location I wonder if you'd make good on your warranty. Maybe the business location is on the Star Ship Enterprise?

AD

Your response does not deserve to be dignified with an answer. Post something that makes actual sense in the future if you don't mind.

It would seem to me sir,.....you can't handle the facts!!!!
quote:
There's a few at BITOG with 300K I think.I wouldn't put too much faith in what the US gov't defines as a clunker.Back when Pintos were going boom, they defined pain and suffering as worth $10,000. The jury in the Grimshaw case disagreed with that.http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Men...-Lacey/dp/0316511668Im sure Miro can look that up. But I'm still waiting for that link I asked for above.

Some of you guys have to be dopers for sure. The link has nothing to do with your rant.

Pinto? My father had a Pinto. He loved it. I drove it from Toronto to Vancouver and back, with three passengers, AC on most of the way cuz it was stinker of a summer, pulling a trailer. I had to agree with my dad when we go back to Toronto that it was indeed a good car. It had over 150K miles on the odometer. Just used everyday, ordinary gas station 10W30 motor oil oil of the day...

Also, why don't you put any faith in what your US government defines as a clunker? You know more than they?
quote:
quote:
There's a few at BITOG with 300K I think.I wouldn't put too much faith in what the US gov't defines as a clunker.Back when Pintos were going boom, they defined pain and suffering as worth $10,000. The jury in the Grimshaw case disagreed with that.http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Men...-Lacey/dp/0316511668Im sure Miro can look that up. But I'm still waiting for that link I asked for above.

Some of you guys have to be dopers for sure. The link has nothing to do with your rant.

Pinto? My father had a Pinto. He loved it. I drove it from Toronto to Vancouver and back, with three passengers, AC on most of the way cuz it was stinker of a summer, pulling a trailer. I had to agree with my dad when we go back to Toronto that it was indeed a good car. It had over 150K miles on the odometer. Just used everyday, ordinary gas station 10W30 motor oil oil of the day...

Also, why don't you put any faith in what your US government defines as a clunker? You know more than they?

Dopers for sure may have nailed it!!!

If you look at Trajens public profile,He doesn't have one period. Occupation,...None! Who is he,....a ghost writer! Are we talking to a ghost writer. At least Miro,..myself and others have posted proudly who we are.
Link copied to your clipboard.