Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

inHaliburton......This is trajens remark saying Mercedes Benz said to go 20k on dino oil.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

And the proof is where................

You haven't shown anything that proves oil is the culprit.

Car mfgs have been sued over sludge issues. Not because of oil, but for faulty designs or wrong recommendations. (Mercedes equipment telling people they could go up to 20K on mineral oil for example.)

This thread itself gives the nod to good engine design, along with quality oil, meaning API certified, and reasonable oil changes, for the lack of sludge.

I know that you're attempting a synlube push through the back door, but no one is buying it.

Group III oil, such as Castrol, works just fine. So does a quality filter.
Trajan: Kirk and the alter ego Inhaliburton, will never answer any questions, as these boobs don't have the answers.

I believe they post here, as they have been banned from all the other sites. They have been on better behaviour as of late, as they're probably down to their last chance here as well.

They will never post anything of relevance, but I give them credit for copying and pasting...Though they should read through, what they link, as it usually refutes any point, they were trying to make.
I know.

I don't see why this inhal person harps on the Z4. Strange that he demands what he and his alter ego fail to provide over and over.

Just for kicks, I asked the owner if he would give all the info wanted.

He said if they posted a nice letter apologizing for their attitude, and explain why, in detail, they need all this information, he'll consider it.

But, given the fact that one knows very little about oil, and the other isn't even savy enough to stay on topic, plus the overwhelming fact that neither have as yet proven a need to know, he is doubtful.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by Taterandnoodles:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
Check this out regarding wear tests.

http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

Well check this video out about using a timken (1 arm bandit) for product demonstation.

http://www.amsoil.com/video/AM...n_Series_Videos.aspx

Ok.......But Amsoil does show on their website what the 4172 four ball wear shows for most of their lubes. The original link I pasted seemed to indicated RP had the most EP protection.

Can you show otherwise.......what is the truth?

Check this out.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1589827
Yeh Kerk is totally lost as far as anything that requires up to date data. He cannot accept that sludge is not an issue.

He's kinda of like a Chatty Kathy Doll, you pull a string on it's chest and it blabs about sludge.

My vehicles are not infected with this sludge virus, nor any of my friends.

This sludge issue must be big among Yugo users thus the tendancy to use goop in the motors.

I believe the thread was started mentioning the complete lack of sludge in an engine. Perhaps the boob should start his own sludge thread where he and his alter ego (himself) can comment back and forth telling each other (himself) what a great post that was
It's almost a 'No-Brainer'....that synthetic oil is this much better.......why even take a chance putting cheap oil in your engine that cost several thousand dollars alone?

I work hard for my money and want the best for engines. Synthetic oil is cheap insurance. Why risk it?

Check this out....

http://advancedlubetech.com/le...versus-petroleum-oil

This is another link that shows not only protection from sludge,but also 'dry starts'...

Dry damaging starts causes a good portion of the engine wear that occurs. This fact is another very important reason to use premium synthetics........to help lube the engine at start up. This might be just as important as sludge prevention..

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-...and-conventional-oil

This one is straight from Noria showing the benefits of synthetics. It shows sludge is an issue at the start of the article.

http://www.machinerylubricatio...nal-vs-synthetic-oil
Last edited by captainkirk
So my take Trajan is, if you follow oil change intervals, that are not outrageously long, then you should have no issues. This also requires the owner to keep up on maintenance.

This is a disposeable society today and cars along with just about everything else is marketed for a quick turnover. So people don't necessarily take care of what they own.

Todays modern dino oils are more than up to the task. If the car is spec'd for synthetic then use it. If the area in which you live in see's extreme's then it is of benefit.

My advice to someone reading these posts is don't listen to the hype, or the shill's who are close to being banned from this site. We know who those people (person) are/is.
Deltona Dave: Your pictures show what I would expect from an engine using quality dino's. Just another example that synthetic oils are not necessary for all.

Sludge is an overhyped issue plain and simple. The vast majority of cars on the road will never have an issue. I guess that is why the majority of cars do not use synthetic oils. Use dino oils with confidence if not required by vehicle make/model.
quote:
This is a disposeable society today and cars along with just about everything else is marketed for a quick turnover.

Disposable being the word when your engines blows up with sludge using a sludge prone mineral based oil.

SLUDGE = QUICK TURNOVER...........with mineral based oil. Good marketing strategy if you want to sell more cars.........use cheap mineral oil,and get a new car very soon. Very true indeed!

Synthetic oil = very slow turnover of cars. Bad marketing strategy if you want to sell more cars.

If you want to keep your car and save money........use 100% premium synthetic oil,not to mention the better fuel economy.
Yes Trajan the tendancy now is to lease vehicles to people who care not about upkeep. Like I have mentioned only a boob would recommend one type of oil for all.

If the vehicle requires synthetic, it is one thing, but only the ignorant would make a blanket statement.

Sludge is an issue for those lonely middle age men, desperately looking for attention on internet forums.

Haven't seen sludge nor has anybody I know.
The simple fact is: the overwhelming majority of new cars manufactured, have the factory fill with dino oil. Those are the only facts pertinent to a debate...The rest is just background noise.

Are synthetics useful? of course...Are they necessary? only in certain vehicles...Are synthetics better then dino oils? of course...Those are the facts....The rest is just background noise.
quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Trajan: Kirk and the alter ego Inhaliburton, will never answer any questions, as these boobs don't have the answers.

I believe they post here, as they have been banned from all the other sites. They have been on better behaviour as of late, as they're probably down to their last chance here as well.

They will never post anything of relevance, but I give them credit for copying and pasting...Though they should read through, what they link, as it usually refutes any point, they were trying to make.

Hey nuke.................YOU ARE BUSTED SIR AND YOU SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Li...iar-and-co-682eq.htm
quote:
Yeh Kerk is totally lost as far as anything that requires up to date data. He cannot accept that sludge is not an issue.

He's kinda of like a Chatty Kathy Doll, you pull a string on it's chest and it blabs about sludge.

This sludge issue must be big among Yugo users thus the tendancy to use goop in the motors.

I believe the thread was started mentioning the complete lack of sludge in an engine. Perhaps the boob should start his own sludge thread where he and his alter ego (himself) can comment back and forth telling each other (himself) what a great post that was

Talk about being a boob. This post is typical from you. Insult the person who presents information. You likely don't read the links. What grade are you in?
quote:
I know.

I don't see why this inhal person harps on the Z4. Strange that he demands what he and his alter ego fail to provide over and over.

Just for kicks, I asked the owner if he would give all the info wanted.

He said if they posted a nice letter apologizing for their attitude, and explain why, in detail, they need all this information, he'll consider it.

But, given the fact that one knows very little about oil, and the other isn't even savy enough to stay on topic, plus the overwhelming fact that neither have as yet proven a need to know, he is doubtful.

Apologize for what?

Well?
quote:
The simple fact is: the overwhelming majority of new cars manufactured, have the factory fill with dino oil. Those are the only facts pertinent to a debate...The rest is just background noise.

Are synthetics useful? of course...Are they necessary? only in certain vehicles...Are synthetics better then dino oils? of course...Those are the facts....The rest is just background noise.

Pennzoil Yellow Bottle has a strong following over at bitog. A good SM rated dino.

Mobil Clean 5000 is another good dino.

Could skim through this as well.
https://forums.noria.com/eve/fo...16604995/m/976102648
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:

Hallelujah! Nucleardawg and all of his friends (both of them) have never had a sludge issue. Therefore, there has never been a sludge issue.

Nuke tells everyone to use mineral oil........yet he(nuke) uses synthetic oil on all his vehicles,such as Redline oil. What's up with that?

What do you make of this....

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Li...iar-and-co-682eq.htm
quote:
So my take Trajan is, if you follow oil change intervals, that are not outrageously long, then you should have no issues. This also requires the owner to keep up on maintenance.

This is a disposeable society today and cars along with just about everything else is marketed for a quick turnover. So people don't necessarily take care of what they own.

Todays modern dino oils are more than up to the task. If the car is spec'd for synthetic then use it. If the area in which you live in see's extreme's then it is of benefit.

My advice to someone reading these posts is don't listen to the hype, or the shill's who are close to being banned from this site. We know who those people (person) are/is.

If 'dino oils' are so good Nuke.............why do you have only synthetic in your 'STASH' ???????

NUKE...You make no sense telling everyone basic mineral oil is ssssooooo good............then admit to loading up with synthetic oil REDLINE OIL.

Your busted again!!!!!!!!

Here is the proof that proves it.......

Originally Posted by NuclearDog View Post
I currently have 1 case of Redline 5w-30, and 1 case of Redline 10-w30, in my oil stash at home. Would either of these oils be good for the 75 I just purchased, or should I look into a heavier 5 or 10w-40.

I know how to use the search function, but as a new member I want to get my posts up, so I can post pics of my new ride.

Any recommendations or explanations, of why you use your particular oil, is appreciated..Thanks Guys.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
Looks like the 'other site' is giving quite a bit of information proving sludge is a real issue.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1498040

And yet, not a single mention of the word sludge.

Wrong again Trajen........here is sludge talk just for you.....YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1860004

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...umber=1504155&page=1

This is just a small sample of all the sludge talk on that site. It's epidemic over there as well.....SLUDGE!!!!

This makes it a littler easier to prove my point regarding sludge with this one google link/Bombshell.....

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0...3D1504155%26page%3D1
Last edited by captainkirk
It's my understanding that going up a grade won't hurt, eg: 5w-30 to 10w-30, or say 10w-30 to a 10w-40. I've used GC 0w-30, Castrol 5w-40 and M1 0w-40 in the Z4.

I don't think it will hurt to use the MMO with either grade.

Supposedly Rislone helps with the tick. Like any kind of additive though, YMMV.

Pay a visit to the Pennzoil and Mobil websites. Mobil in paticular has lots of info.

Deltona Dave's point stands.
Last edited by trajan
Kirk/Inhaliburton/Miro latest obsession is sludge.

I believe it goes back to some posts where they mentioned, that they believed that sludge had something to do with the dire case of, erectal disfunction that they suffer from.

For some reason they believe sludge is clogging the main vein. They are tired of the giggles it gets them when it's money time.
quote:

Links get posted. They're shown to have nothing to do with the position taken.

Then in a show of misplaced retailiation, more get posted that weaken said position even further.

Then. the cycle continues. Obsession indeed.

And none, not a single one, come even close to refute the OP.

And Big Bear has some good advice.
Last edited by trajan
Define synthetic? According to the data, from Ashland and other oil companies, there are no issues with wear and GF-4 oils.

With GF-5/SN soon due out, these oils will approach synthetic quality. Many of the GF-4 products contain some Grp III base oils. Additives are also very important.

With GF-5, most oils will be considered synthetic by the Grp III definition. Shell recently came out with their new Synthetic called Pennzoil Ultra. It's primarily group III base, in which they claim Grp III's have been solvency than PAO's.

Conventional oils are all one needs unless your owners manual calls for a synthetic. If you are following OEM recommendations, you should have nothing to worry about.

In a high performance application, where high heat from a turbo or racing conditions are experienced, you maybe be better off using a synthetic oil like Mobil1/Synpower etc..

The new Mustangs will be going 10k miles or 1 year on Motorcraft oil. Toyota will be doing the same with their 0w20. Both of these oils are synthetic blends.

Amsoil is currently testing their GF-5 oils that will be out later this fall, along with the rest of them.

Oils have come a long way, and you can't go wrong with any of the major brands.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/

http://www.gf-5.com/

Using a qualified, officially approved, licensed product is your safest bet.
quote:
quote:

Links get posted. They're shown to have nothing to do with the position taken.

Then in a show of misplaced retailiation, more get posted that weaken said position even further.

Then. the cycle continues. Obsession indeed.

And none, not a single one, come even close to refute the OP.

And Big Bear has some good advice.

What???????? Get back on your MEDS!!!!!!!!
quote:

If that's your advice Nuke........then why don't you put cheap dino oil in your 75 vette,and all your mustangs.

Why do you use the group IV synthetic that I have been touting as being superior,but go on to say mineral is fine.

Why do you tell everyone that mineral oil is fine..........but I don't see you using it in your precious cars. The ratty little beater truck you claim to drive doesn't count.

I want to see you put that cheapo Dino oil in your cars,then tell us its good enough. Put your money where your mouth is like I do.

Until then.....you are a hypocrite,just playing games,or lying. Which is it??

Here is the group IV stuff you seem to have plenty of and only use in your cars...but then go on and tell everyone group II/III is good enough to use,even though you won't use it.

Originally Posted by NuclearDog View Post
I currently have 1 case of Redline 5w-30, and 1 case of Redline 10-w30, in my oil stash at home. Would either of these oils be good for the 75 I just purchased, or should I look into a heavier 5 or 10w-40.

I know how to use the search function, but as a new member I want to get my posts up, so I can post pics of my new ride.

Any recommendations or explanations, of why you use your particular oil, is appreciated..Thanks Guys.
AT least the new G5 standard will be attempting to address the issues I have stated above.

he Sequence VG is a fired engine test designed to evaluate the candidate oil's ability to prevent sludge and varnish deposits in short trip low temperature operation.

The test cycles between low and high temperature operation, simulating the short trip driving conditions which promote the generation of acids and fuel dilution in the crankcase. A special fuel is used which is prone to sludge and varnish generation.

The rated performance parameters for the Sequence VG are:

* Average Engine Sludge (AES)
* Rocker Arm Cover Sludge (RACS)
* Average Engine Varnish (AEV)
* Average Piston Skirt Varnish (APV)
* Oil Screen Clogging (Screen Clogging, %)
* Ring Sticking (RS)

Proposed Performance Limits for AES, RACS and Oil Screen Clogging will be more demanding for GF-5 compared to the limits for GF-4.
Sequence VG Test Conditions

This test alone acknowledges that sludge/varnish/deposits are an issue.

However...the point missed is that refining petro oil into something similar to group IV is going to make it cost just as much as group IV and more if oil prices continue rising.

I still don't see a severely Hydro-cracked Group III that equals or rivals a quality group IV true synthetic,especially with doing extended OCI's. Even when that day may come.......you will pay a premium price if you buy into it.
quote:
Fine. Use your favorite petroleum oil if you think it's that good. I will continue using group IV/V synthetic because it's cheap insurance..

Captain_kirk.....Damn and you where saying oil company are making *** product and the only good oil was ******* .Now you using synthetic oil what append? I thought you didn’t need to change your oil ever again.
I'm still waiting for the 'copy and paste' response.

This guy never has had an original thought. Thats why he continually gets 'owned' on every forum.

I'm sure whatever his comeback it will bring a chuckle from me as he seems a big crybaby.

I truly enjoy when the split personality surfaces and the alter ego's appear defending him...talk about a joke, but it always makes me laugh at him
quote:
Originally posted by vitual_mage:
quote:
Fine. Use your favorite petroleum oil if you think it's that good. I will continue using group IV/V synthetic because it's cheap insurance..

Captain_kirk.....Damn and you where saying oil company are making *** product and the only good oil was ******* .Now you using synthetic oil what append? I thought you didn’t need to change your oil ever again.

I don't change it. I might change at 50k and send it back for credit like before.
Link copied to your clipboard.