Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

quote:
Originally posted by Nucleardawg:
Your the one who admitted being who you are...I realize that with the other names you go under it's sometimes easy to forget all of what you say.

Like I said MIRO I just wanted to remind you and everyone of what you said...

I realize this is very embarrasing to you to get caught like this in a public forum... Don't worry my friend it doesn't change my thoughts about you at all.

Good! Let's keep it civil.
Got pretty quiet since that revelation.

To quote Ellen, "Anywayyyyyyyyyyy."

According to that first link, and I really wish he would read the whole link "Lubricant manufacturers are looking at things from a slightly different perspective, although still not entirely positive. For them the question becomes which classification system to stick to. Should they be manufacturing their oils to meet API specs or “dexos 1″ specs"

I mean, which will it be? We see lots of oils that meet both API and ACEA specs. But if Dex and GF-5 are not compatible....

"Quick lube owners & operators are none to happy about the prospect either. If “dexos 1″ does go into effect, it will likely mean additional stock requirements which can be a real headache when space is limited and mix-ups can occur. "

And we all know that most people are going to go to their quick lube of choice. Yeah, we can ridicule them, but they ain't out of business.

And how many of them will take care to use the right oil spec? Sure, I take my car there, they'll put in 5w-30. But will it be A3/B3? Very doubtful. And in the end, whose fault would it be? (Yeah, I know the mantra, blame the oil Roll Eyes)

another thing. The advent of GF-5 and Dexos is yet another standard that synlube won't meet. Another reason, as if needed, to avoid it.
Last edited by trajan
I have had a busy weekend,and now I see My thread about dexos/GF-5 standards has been diverted to "synlube".

quote:

This thread is not about that topic/oil,why do you keep bringing up that oil on this thread. Is it because you know I happen to use it from the other threads.
quote:

If you want to talk about it,start your own thread on it. You guys are the ones starting trouble........as usual.
Last edited by captainkirk
This link would be an example of Big oil(pennzoil ultra) admitting in their sales pitch that motor oil in the past/present was the culprit of sludge and not the engine designs during all those years of massive sludge issues.

Why wasn't big oil ever sued during those massive sludge years? Well,apparently the truth wasn't known during that time,and now it is finally revealed. Too bad the statute of limitations has run out,otherwise they(big oil) would have been sued at the start.

Pennzoil is comparing two standards(old/present vs new) on the same engine block with the old motor oil standard showing heavy sludge on the block face in the link below, proving that the old standard, was causing sludge all along,thanks to their present sales pitch revealing this info regarding sludge.

This newer standard is with only group III synthetic proving that the superior group IV 100% synthetic was better all along,and anyone who used,and is presently using a group IV is making the superior choice.

If a group III is good(P.Ultra)......then a true group IV has to be....GREAT, now and then.

The link........

http://www.pennzoil.com/#/motor-oil/pennzoil-ultra

Here is what BITOG Thinks regarding dexos vs P.U. Remember,even the dexos standard is still not really a 100% PAO oil,making group IV the smartest,safest bet.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1805981
quote:
Originally posted by Buster:
Kirk, Grp III's have better solvency than Group IV's, but you give up a little volatility.

Those Group III's need the extra solvency to clean up some of the sludge/varnish that they are still to prone to creating. Group III oils were also used in some of those sludge monster cars,while group IV oils did a much better job in said engines. I recall reading many articles where motorists had sludge damaged engines with the M1(group III oils),and other group III synthetics that failed,where group IV held up!

Remember,Group IV's don't typically sludge,so solvency is not really needed.

Group III oils if you burn them will cause some varnish,while the group IV oils do not.

Another interesting phenomenon is that well formulated group IV motor oils seem to still clean an engine that is sludged/varnished.

Group IV oils have solvent like properties without actually having any direct solvents making them passively clean the engine,but more importantly.......KEEP THE ENGINE CLEAN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This is a Noria link discussing solvency.......

http://www.machinerylubricatio...synthetic-oil-choice

"For example, there have been numerous studies showing that the poor solvency of certain types of petroleum-based synthetics (and for that matter, highly refined mineral oils) can result in a greater tendency to lay down varnish in high-temperature applications such as gas turbines because the oil does not have the solvency to keep the oil-wetted components clean."
quote:
Mobil 1 oils NEVER create sludge. Mobil 1 has an exceptional ability in handling high temperatures and sludge control.

Prove it...........History already says otherwise....that you're wrong! M1 and other name brand G.III synthetic motor oils were used in many of those engines that sludged up!

quote:
In the Seq IIIG, Mobil 1 outperforms all other oils

Prove it............the competition says otherwise.........

quote:
And you're wrong about Grp III's. Newer Grp III's are on par with PAO's.

Prove it...............science says you're wrong.

This article says alot about Group III oil as well.................therefore I will continue with Group IV

http://motoroilbible.com/blog/...i-basestock-quality/

"the truth is, many “synthetic” motor oils out there which are Group III based, are using low grade Group III bases that are only marginally better than their Group II cousins, and THAT is my problem with the current status of the “synthetic” market."

This link(all 4 pages) is full of info about group III synthetic oil failing in Toyota.....right here on noria!

https://forums.noria.com/eve/fo...4995/m/305601547/p/4

Anybody know what happened to 'silvefox' in the above link? Looks like he(silverfox) was a Toyota rep trying to bash Ms. Blake because of her revealing the epidemic Toyota sludge issues. Turns out Ms. Blake was right,and now where is the fox since he has been proven wrong! The liars always get burned by the truth in the end!

Another very accurate quote by Houckster....

"Charlene, I tend to believe your side of the story. Toyota, faced with a potentially huge recall could very well be trying to avoid its responsibilities. People tend to be very loyal to companies they believe to be good to them and I think Toyota, now swimming in profit, might be getting a bit arrogant and taking advantage of this. We'll see.

Let me throw in this consideration. There has been some contention above that if a synthetic oil is used, no sludge will develop and you have disagreed. This is a classic case of the two sides not defining what they are discussing.

IF the lubricant is a true synthetic lubricant such as SynLube, Redline or Amsoil, sludge will not be an issue. These are true synthetic lubes. They have a much greater ability to tolerate heat and to release heat once away from the heat source. I don't think you will find any case of sludge when these oils are used.

Other oils, marketed as 'synthetics' like Castrol Syntec and others by Pennzoil and Quaker State to name a few are petroleum products based on Group III base oil. In my view, the marketing of these products amounts to a hoax where the marketers make a large profit selling the consumer something different than he thinks he's buying. People who bought these "
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
IF the lubricant is a true synthetic lubricant such as SynLube, Redline or Amsoil, sludge will not be an issue. These are true synthetic lubes. They have a much greater ability to tolerate heat and to release heat once away from the heat source. I don't think you will find any case of sludge when these oils are used.

[QUOTE]

Synlube a true synthetic, better than Mobil 1, yea OK. Keep on dreaming Kirk, there's maybe one other person who might believe you.

Wasn't Synlube using M1 Bottles, and M1 tweaked with lots of graphite, moly and teflon? Basement brewed? I thought I read that at the other site, but didn't want to waste too much time with it.

While you're asking for proof lets see proof of how good Synlube is. Or something easy, proof that a legit business exists and an address.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Captain Kirk:

[QUOTE]

Synlube a true synthetic, better than Mobil 1, yea OK. Keep on dreaming Kirk, there's maybe one other person who might believe you.

Wasn't Synlube using M1 Bottles, and M1 tweaked with lots of graphite, moly and teflon? Basement brewed? I thought I read that at the other site, but didn't want to waste too much time with it.

While you're asking for proof lets see proof of how good Synlube is. Or something easy, proof that a legit business exists and an address.

AD

Wait a gosh darn minute here? Redline doesn't cause sludge? The very oil that he gave Nuc grief for using?

Symlube doesn't? The 5w-mystery juice that one of his own links says that one way to avoild sludge is to use the correct viscosity?
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kirk:
quote:
Mobil 1 oils NEVER create sludge. Mobil 1 has an exceptional ability in handling high temperatures and sludge control.

Prove it...........History already says otherwise....that you're wrong! M1 and other name brand G.III synthetic motor oils were used in many of those engines that sludged up!

quote:
In the Seq IIIG, Mobil 1 outperforms all other oils

Prove it............the competition says otherwise.........

quote:
And you're wrong about Grp III's. Newer Grp III's are on par with PAO's.

Prove it...............science says you're wrong.

You have yet to prove *any* of your claims. Do we have to list all your links that fail to support your *claims*....... again.
quote:
Originally posted by Buster:
I know for a fact Mobil 1 scores better than most, maybe all, other oils in the Seq IIIG because I've spoken with a Mobil 1 engineer, NOT one of their tech support people who don't know anything.

Sure you spoke to a Mobil chemical engineer. Most engineers I know of work in lab and talk to no one.

If you did manage to speak to one,what do you think is going to say about the company he works for,his job,his career,his paycheck.....give me a break.

Prove to me mobil 1 is better than All other oils.........SINCE YOU SAID IT!!

The proof I have seen shows otherwise!
You're always looking for proof Kirk, you've seen the proof, how about showing us some proof? After all many of us want to see the proof that Synlube is the oil we should all be using. If I see proof Synlube is the very best I'd probably use it, so would some others I'd imagine. Right now all I've seen is you carrying on..............

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
You're always looking for proof Kirk, you've seen the proof, how about showing us some proof? After all many of us want to see the proof that Synlube is the oil we should all be using. If I see proof Synlube is the very best I'd probably use it, so would some others I'd imagine. Right now all I've seen is you carrying on..............

AD

What you fail to realize,AD,I am just like you.............A CONSUMER!!

I,like you,don't own the companies making the stuff I buy/use,including motor oil.

The only proof I personally have is my own experience with any given product,and some initial research to at least justify trying the product.

If you refuse to use,or even try a particular product to experience it's performance,then you will never know anything about any given product,good or negative,and will remain forever a skeptic. YOUR LOSS!

If you are a conventional person in everything you do.........SO BE IT. I am not that person!

We have now seen enough people on this board and others using Synlube with no issues,and only excellent results.

If the product did not work............it would be off the market by now..........just like Shell/PEP is off the market.

I am willing to bet that Deltona_dave did receive correspondence from the Oakland Police,and it was a very positive one. He was hoping for a negative synlube responce,so he kept quiet when he got the "good news" instead of what he was looking for!

Remember his "honesty"(lol) over the lawn mower engine.

The proof of Synlube proving itself is my using it with excellent results, and all the other people using it with great results too.
I never did receive a "call back" from Oakland PD. We played "phone tag" for a few days, but never received a straight honest answer. I did not "keep quiet".

Motor oil results lie in the eye of the beholder IMHO. IF you want to run "synlube" in your sump, have at it. Just don't ram it down my throat that it is the best in the world. There are several motor oils that are high quality. I am using a "boutique" oil for now, while my cams break in. I prefer to use oil that is from a reputable company and meets the specs that the OM requires.

If you like Synlube, use it, just don't jam it down my throat. I may puke on you.

Dave
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:
I am using a "boutique" oil for now, while my cams break in.

Dave

What make of car did you put the cams in, Dave?

2005 Nissan Titan. Running Royal Purple 2 qt's break-in oil and the rest 5w-30 RP. My Mechanic said that is a good combo to get the cams run in. Will change at 1K miles. Don't know what I am going to use after that.

Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:
I installed them for performance, mainly towing. Idle is a little choppier (is that a word?), and the big difference is mid-range (passing for example).

Truck has been out of warranty for 2 years. I am not making a hot-rod, just a little more power for towing and the occasional run at the strip on test n tune nights.

Is it this type of Cam......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtsBsFr98s
Link copied to your clipboard.