Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Oil Consumption is oil consumption, no matter how much or little it is.

Strange though that is seem to have inverse relationship to perceived quality.

Terrible cars like YUGO and HUYNDAI do NOT burn much oil typically 20,000 miles or more to a Quart.

And then really great cars like Cadillac with Nothstar, Porsche, VW, AUDI and of course BMW do consume "what is normal"

That said PORSCHE 911 TURBO wins, it needs 14 quarts to lube engine that only holds 3.2 Liters, as it burns so much oil !

So chill out it is the BEST engine /car combination in the World made today !!!

So next time you go to your Lexus dealer for a recall on broken this or that and stuck this or that, COMPLAIN that it is not up to par as it is NOT burning MORE oil than PORSCHE, and thus it is an inferior vehicle...

The oil consumption proves it !!!
OH took some time but finally found it the best car of all times ever sold in USA !!!

It is "nearly" worthless, so not as good as ZERO valued car would be:

Excellent $300
Good $225
Fair $138

1990 Sterling, and OH add Moon Roof which gets stuck in perpetually open position, and that reduces the value another $50.

After all it is superior feature to have "open" car that way more people can enjoy the incredible almost 10 times better than BMW engineering - correct after all it is worth 1/10 of 1990 M3......YA!!!

Why some (and the same) people have to always deny truth and reality? Because admitting they have made mistake or unsupported claim is so painful to them. But it also reveals their character, those that can not admit they are wrong or at least incorrect sometimes; do not have any character to speak of.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong !”
“All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed;
Second, it is violently opposed;
Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

“Those who have failed to accept the truth have missed the purpose of living.

“I quote others only to better express myself” !
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
quote:
ADFD1


In 1990 you could get 3 YUGO's for a price of one M3 BMW

Today you can get 2 used M3 (1990) for a price of ONE used YUGO (1990).

Funny how that proves your theory tested over 20 year time period.

May the best car be worth-less !!!


You're funny. In 1990 Yugo was garbage, and anyone in their right mind would have passed on the 3 Yugo's and took the BMW M3. Today Yugo represents, garbage, junk, a mistake of a car, in a car collectors garage.

I'm sure when a father and son visit a car collection if there is a Yugo in the collection the father probably says to the son something like this: "Son you see that POS, they were throw away death traps back in the day, total junk." That was what my father told me when I mentioned the Yugo discussion in this thread.

BTW- Miro some engines by design use oil, its not the fault of the oil, nor the owner of the car. It's just a fact of life.

AD
And yet, the M3 is still in production. Why do you suppose that is miro? Tell me, how many 2009 Yugo were sold here?

A 1990 Corvette could buy alot of Yugos as well. As could a 1990 911. A Rolls Royce silver spur. Bently. Lamborghini Diablo. Lincoln. In 1990, good used cars were worth more than a new Yugo.

Today, those cars, used, are worth far, far, more, than a Yugo.

And at least you can stop any of them on a bridge and not get blown off it by high wind.

Poor guy, One of his fans refuses to use his juice. No one else here is either. His precious Yugo is the joke of the auto industry. His, and his minions, knowledge of auto engineering is laughable.

Oh, I forgot. As I pointed out in another thread, a used Yugo goes for $10. So tell me miro, just where can I buy this $5 M3? I want to buy a few.

NATO did the world a huge favor when they bombed the factory.
Last edited by trajan
I can't believe anyone with any level of intelligence can even mention a Yugo as being even remotely good. That alone tells me to stay clear of his oil. He would have been better off never mentioning the word Yugo. Ask anyone who drove one what they thought of it. My dad and his buddy test drove one for S&G, he said pathetic would have been a tremendous compliment for it. They laughed all the way home from the dealership.

AD
Well the three have demostrated, again, their overall level of knowledge of oil and engineering.

A side note. How cool is this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38211262

General Motors Co. said Monday that buyers who order a 2011 Corvette Z06 or ZR1 can help assemble their cars' high-performance LS7 and LS9 engines. The automaker believes the program is the first of its kind in the industry.

How many Yugos can you buy for that, let alone the price of a ZR1?
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
Oil Consumption is oil consumption, no matter how much or little it is.

Strange though that is seem to have inverse relationship to perceived quality.

Terrible cars like YUGO and HUYNDAI do NOT burn much oil typically 20,000 miles or more to a Quart.

And then really great cars like Cadillac with Nothstar, Porsche, VW, AUDI and of course BMW do consume "what is normal"

That said PORSCHE 911 TURBO wins, it needs 14 quarts to lube engine that only holds 3.2 Liters, as it burns so much oil !

So chill out it is the BEST engine /car combination in the World made today !!!

So next time you go to your Lexus dealer for a recall on broken this or that and stuck this or that, COMPLAIN that it is not up to par as it is NOT burning MORE oil than PORSCHE, and thus it is an inferior vehicle...

The oil consumption proves it !!!


And to think that Germain engineering has been revered for decades. Perhaps in other areas, but I'm not impressed anymore. I have some Yuppi friends who drive them and a lot of the "guys-talk" at Yuppi parties is about their rides. Ultimately it gets around to service and how expensive and how often their rides need service. But most of these over stuffed individuals can likely afford it.
Same here, I do about 5-6K in 6 months, and change the oil in June/December. Those months carried over from when I lived in NY, just before the heat, or real cold weather. It would be slightly lower on the stick but not enough to add any oil.

Still a qt in 6,000 miles is nothing. I'd think a little oil making it to the top of the cylinders is a good thing, especially if the car sits for days at a time before getting used again.

AD
And yet, this dumber than dirt moron aka inhaliburton, does have a problem with it.

I knew that my explaination as to why I use auto rx, (to repeat , because I feel like it), was too technical for him. My fault for using big words I guess. Or was it too many words?

No wonder that he can't understand things like low tension rings and oil spray jets.

Maybe if he pried his lips off of kirk/kerfurt behind?

So much faith in kirk/miro/synlube. And still, too scared to use it.

Wonder why he doesn't own a Yugo.


Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not.


They have value as a mistake, junk, garbage, trash, a POS, and a good laugh to collectors. For that people might spend nice money to have one now.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not.


They have value as a mistake, junk, garbage, trash, a POS, and a good laugh to collectors. For that people might spend nice money to have one now.

AD


One of those "they're so bad they're good" things. Like Ed Wood's "Plan 9 from Outer Space."
quote:
BTW- Miro some engines by design use oil, its not the fault of the oil, nor the owner of the car. It's just a fact of life.


Same can be said about oil leaks, that does not make it good, just a failed desin not properly tested before put in to production.

And what about those engines that use "coolant" is that OK if it is by design as well ?

You can even expand that thought in to engines that have slight turbo oil seal leakages (FORD Diesels) and think of it as a minor problem as the part is only $4.80.

That you have to remove the cab and spend up to 27 hours doing it, is also just "by design" and fact of life - just tell that to any POWERSTROKE owner with "out of warranty" FORD and that it is $2,500 in labor to replase $4.80 part, which of course is "normal", by your standard.

My mine BAD design is just that a BAD DESIGN, and no amount of glorification and excuses will do.

It is the people that used to OWN a YUGO that are paying top price for good running vehicles in 2010 - as $2,500 to $3,000 will buy a reliable easy and inexpensively fixeable car that will last another 10 to 20 years - that is why it is worth so much !!! (in 2010).

PepBoys and AutoZone as well as number of "specialists" all have reasonably priced parts for it in 2010 - just try to buy anything for 1990 BMW at PepBoys thei will laugh you out of the door !!!

Because $5,000 when YUGO was new was so good, and 163,000 Americans bought them, GM and FORD panicked and introduced "SPRINT - later GEO" and FESTIVA, and TOYOTA the DAIHATSU.

If it was not for YUGO none of these car would have seen the light of the day in USA.

Similar situation today millions of people in the world like India and China are TODAY buying NEW cars for as little as $3,200 and getting transportation for it.

In USA $16,000 is about the cheapest car you can buy and on a rare occasion as low as $12,000 today $10,000 car no longer exists!

About 40 million buyers in USA would buy cheap car if there was one, rather than having a used one.

But FIAT/CHRYSLER decided that they will rather sell in USA the 500 for $25,000 first.

600 which sells in some markets for as little as $6,200 could be under $10,000 car, millions would buy it but no that could actually save CHRYSLER and make money and that would not go well with UAW.

And of course they will make the 500 in Mexico anyway.

And if you find $10 YUGO bring it over I will give you $1,000!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Miro Kefurt:
quote:
BTW- Miro some engines by design use oil, its not the fault of the oil, nor the owner of the car. It's just a fact of life.


Same can be said about oil leaks, that does not make it good, just a failed desin not properly tested before put in to production.

And what about those engines that use "coolant" is that OK if it is by design as well ?

You can even expand that thought in to engines that have slight turbo oil seal leakages (FORD Diesels) and think of it as a minor problem as the part is only $4.80.

That you have to remove the cab and spend up to 27 hours doing it, is also just "by design" and fact of life - just tell that to any POWERSTROKE owner with "out of warranty" FORD and that it is $2,500 in labor to replase $4.80 part, which of course is "normal", by your standard.

My mine BAD design is just that a BAD DESIGN, and no amount of glorification and excuses will do.

It is the people that used to OWN a YUGO that are paying top price for good running vehicles in 2010 - as $2,500 to $3,000 will buy a reliable easy and inexpensively fixeable car that will last another 10 to 20 years - that is why it is worth so much !!! (in 2010).

PepBoys and AutoZone as well as number of "specialists" all have reasonably priced parts for it in 2010 - just try to buy anything for 1990 BMW at PepBoys thei will laugh you out of the door !!!

Because $5,000 when YUGO was new was so good, and 163,000 Americans bought them, GM and FORD panicked and introduced "SPRINT - later GEO" and FESTIVA, and TOYOTA the DAIHATSU.

If it was not for YUGO none of these car would have seen the light of the day in USA.

Similar situation today millions of people in the world like India and China are TODAY buying NEW cars for as little as $3,200 and getting transportation for it.

In USA $16,000 is about the cheapest car you can buy and on a rare occasion as low as $12,000 today $10,000 car no longer exists!

About 40 million buyers in USA would buy cheap car if there was one, rather than having a used one.

But FIAT/CHRYSLER decided that they will rather sell in USA the 500 for $25,000 first.

600 which sells in some markets for as little as $6,200 could be under $10,000 car, millions would buy it but no that could actually save CHRYSLER and make money and that would not go well with UAW.

And of course they will make the 500 in Mexico anyway.

And if you find $10 YUGO bring it over I will give you $1,000!!!


Nice essay, the Yugo is still garbage, and you could write a novel, it won't change anyone's mind.
Senseless essay. But anyway you slice it, a quart of oil in 6k is well within limits, especially considering oil spray jets and low tension rings.

Mazda rotary engines spray oil into the chamber as well, and yet, he, or the other stooges, have nothing to say about it. But I digress.....

Yugos are garbage. On the top ten list of any respected commentator's list of worst cars. Even Bricklin gave up on them in favor of a Chinese car.

Worst car of the millennium according to Car Talk.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
Senseless essay. But anyway you slice it, a quart of oil in 6k is well within limits, especially considering oil spray jets and low tension rings.

Senseless my foot. Personally, I found it very interesting and informative. It's a real pity what North Americans must pay for vehicles. If it were not for the recent recession, we would be paying several thousands of dollars more than we already are.

That still doesn't change the fact that engine is poorly designed.
quote:
Mazda rotary engines spray oil into the chamber as well, and yet, he, or the other stooges, have nothing to say about it. But I digress.....

Sorry, someone should have mentioned that.
quote:
Yugos are garbage. On the top ten list of any respected commentator's list of worst cars. Even Bricklin gave up on them in favor of a Chinese car.

Try telling us something different instead of parroting AD.
quote:
Worst car of the millennium according to Car Talk.

In its day, it had its place. Pity the auto makers won't give us much in the 10K range. I think there may be one or two offshore vehicles. If they did, they wouldn't be able to keep up. Sure does make you wonder...
Last edited by inhaliburton
Two things:

inHaliburton
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
Posted Jul 27, 10:10 AM Hide Post
This may eventually prove to be the best stuff since sliced bread, but with virtually no testing results, API ratings on their product, and documentation except that on the Synlube site, I wouldn't put this stuff in my engine, even for nothing. Remember Slick 50?

In the above post he will not put this stuff in his motor, and yet attacks anyone who questions it.

inHaliburton
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
Posted Jun 20, 6:22 PM Hide Post
Beats me how those who have no experience with a product can argue with those who have.

This post is self explainatory. So the question arises. Since he has no experience with a product, a BMW, why is he argueing with those who not only have experience with it, but own one?

Not really a problem then??????

In an earlier thread, he was shown to be a liar. (Find that thread you said I trashed yet? You know, the one you made up thinking no one would catch it? Too hard to check your facts first.) Now hypocrite can be added.

A hypocritical liar. A winning combination.
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:

In an earlier thread, he was shown to be a liar. catch it? Too hard to check your facts first.) Now hypocrite can be added.

A hypocritical liar. A winning combination.

-------------------------------------------

Trajan,you're talking only about yourself,and spot on.........the biggest liar on these boards! WE ALL KNOW IT!

You are the liar,the hypocrite,and the story teller. You were caught way back when you lied to annie_oakley!

You are the only one on these threads who got caught lying with that bogus story you fabricated saying your 'imaginary' neighbor was using Synlube,and sludged his engine!

WE ALL REMEMBER THAT FOOT IN THE MOUTH LIE YOU FIRST TOLD ANNIE!

STILL NO REBUTTAL...........NOW MANY MONTHS LATER.........LIAR!!!!!!

That was the day you lost any ounce of credibility you may have had.........now you have Zero...........like the oil my cars don't burn.........ZERO.....even at over 17k on just the oil.........and it's ZERO oil use!

My last buick had almost 180k,which I bought used with 100k,and it burned almost Zero....just to compare!


Just wondering...besides the oil burning,and the much needed engine flushes.........how much power has your car now lost due to lower compression in the engine now that it's cracked 100k...........they are known to lose quite a lot of power beyond 100k-like yours, and burn oil too,(like yours)......that is,when you use the 'approved' oil that barely meets a "minimal" spec,instead of something much,much better....and then ruin the engine with minimal 'approved oil'.....

You and I both know you have noticed a sizable loss of power from your engine and you are thinking of a rebuild to put the life back in that now........tired old,oil burning engine of yours.


Here let me help you start the process.....those Italian-(tune-ups) have worn out the engine...

http://www.bavengine.com/

Maybe you can get a new...'free'-engine/repair if you qualify.....

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm
Last edited by captainkirk
Since there has been much talk about the Yugo..........here are some fun facts.......

http://www.slate.com/id/2241530/pagenum/2



It's the car that keeps on giving............

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.c...ty-interest-in-yugo/


http://wikicars.org/en/Fiat_127


quote........(Fiat 127=Yugo)

* In 1972 the Fiat 127, was the car of the year in Denmark, awarted by FDM.
* Also in 1972 it was named European Car of the year


Read more: Fiat 127 - Wikicars
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
WOW !

Now I know why USED BMW are worth so much (relatively):

"In the event you received owner notification of this Service Action and neglect to have it performed within a reasonable period after notification, or choose not to have the Service Action performed, and the engine fails, the necessary repairs may not be covered under the terms of the warranty. The warranty does not cover damage, which results from negligence, improper operation of the vehicle, or improper maintenance."

How nice of BMW, and I bet they did not sent the letters by registered mail either !!!
Last edited by mirokefurt
Miro: Improper maint would include using a non approve oil. I doubt Synlube was approved by BMW, and if he used your non approved oil and his engine failed you'd change addresses and vanish off the face of the earth.

A qt of oil used in 6000 miles is not an oil burner, get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yugo is still viewed as GARBAGE, get real. Don't you see the pattern? Synlube/Yugo= ______________. I'm sure the members can fill in the blank.

AD
His disciple kirk's own links have stated using the wrong viscosity oil is bad.

This synlube, which VOAs have shown to not even be its advertised weight, is not on BMW's list. Or VW, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Mercedes, GM, Ferarri, Chrysler, Honda, Holden, Jaguar, etc...

Even selling that liquid garbage at $32per, he couldn't afford the testing fees.

It isn't even on API's list.

I see he *still* fails to prove his allegations

I asked some bimmer guys about his comments:

"it's unreadable so I stopped after the first few sentences."

And the next comment:

"As are a lot of Internet diatribes. Seems that grammar and spelling are becoming a lost art. If the poster cannot construct a sentence and at least come close to properly spelling a word (nobody's perfect, so I make some allowances here, like seeing what keys on the keyboard are immediately next to the correct letter) then I don't put much faith in what they are writing about."

Let's see if my fans have the guts to go here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and tell them all that they're wrong.

Oh who am I kidding.... All three will get laughed off.
Last edited by trajan
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
And to show even further that they have no clue:



Speaks for itself.




You mean like this....

http://www.autohausaz.com/bmw-...mw-oil-pressure.html

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/...6-m3-engine-oil.html

http://forums.bimmerforums.com...owthread.php?t=41116


Hey Trajan...........Looks like you didn't use.........MFG APPROVED OIL...

Here is a Quote regarding the correct-'MFG APPROVED OIL'..........(What you didn't use.).....OOPS!

"I just picked up my car last week (production dated 6/2002). The owner's manual, and everywhere else oil is discussed, states that 10w-60 should be used. I can't find this(OIL) anywhere!"

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/...wflat&Number=1682005


THAT'S RIGHT...NEVER SECOND GUESS THE MFG..........."THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING"........

http://www.m5board.com/vbullet...-noise-thoughts.html
Last edited by captainkirk
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
I guess that takes Synlube out of the mix too.

AD


Very much so.

Hey, you can't sell something through the front door, try the back.

Too bad for kirk they're both locked.

The three can do one of two things.

A: Grow up and accept that I chose a proven oil.

B: Continue the purile whinning.

Either way, I chose experience. Something one person says can't be argued with. Even though he does.

As an aside, synlube wowed them here: http://www.rangerpowersports.c...thinkin!!!-Motor-oil

"I e-mailed the guy too. First I included the quote from Billy Madison, then I asked how is such a moron. His response was the same as his website. Loaded with crap about the sun and the earth being flat and had nothing to do with oil. I've come to a conclusion that he just a moron that not only has sucked people into believing his moronic scam, but he BELIEVES IT HIMSELF!!"
Last edited by trajan
Poor Trajan. Boo hoo. So sad. How childish and immature you are.

Trajan wants us to go to some beamer site.

Show them a link to here and they will see what a goof and liar you are.

We can show them threads that will show them how you treat and detest women.

A link to that car belonging to a neighbour with the sludge engine from using Synlube.

How old are you?

You had better run along now, or you'll be late for kindergarten.

Well?
Last edited by inhaliburton
quote:
inHaliburton
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
Posted Jun 20, 6:22 PM Hide Post
Beats me how those who have no experience with a product can argue with those who have.


Ironic how that comes in handy now. So the big question is.... Will he apply it to himself, miro, kirk? Being that none of them have experience with the M54 engine..... Knowing how he feels about that?

Nah, too much to expect of a hypocrit.

Oh, how the mechanics at both the dealer and the place I deal with laughed it up when I pointed out this thread.....

And when they read about Yugos and synlube..... brought the house down.
Last edited by trajan
Now, tell us all, Trajan, what personal experience have you had with a product that you have had no experience with, namely Synlube? Does that hold true for you, or just we non-beamers?

I suggest that if you were to use Synlube, that smoker if yours may just stop burning up oil.

And you would not have the need to use ARX to clean up that engine, too.

Seriously, think about it.
Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×