Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Sorry to chime in late, I have been away from the board for a while. If I was the OP, I would go with Motorcraft oil, either the blend or full syn. M/C filters and follow the recommended OCI while under warranty. Motorcraft oil (Conoco-Phillips), meets all of Ford's specs and there would be no-doubt if a warranty claim should arise. The dealer is probably selling Amsoil Xl at the usual stealership markup (75% or more) and will tell you to come back in 3K miles (maybe 5K). It is just more incentive to get people to come into the service bay. They may shoot themselves in the foot though, if they install non API/Ford Spec oil, especially when a warranty claim should come through the door.

Dave
Just wanted to say the same thing on this thread as the other.

I have been reading these threads for a while now. I have to laugh at the guys spending money and driving themselves crazy over those 'flawed' UOA's.

I have never done a UOA,and have never worn out an engine,or failed inspection for emissions due to engine issues,including cars purchased with 100K,I drove to 200K.


You guys are obsessing way to much on those flawed 'UOA's.

I haved used/use Amsoil,and I have found it to be far superior to any store bought oil,period. Why?....engines were notably quieter, even the #1 "race proven" stuff can't compete.

My marine mechanic co-worker has also stated the same using amsoil. Again,engines were quieter,no lifter taps after hard runs.

All I see from the negative neds is,what if this,what if that. JUST CRAZY!!!

Well here is a what if scenario for you to ponder...........what if all those blown/sludged engines in all those class action lawsuits with documented proof of following the MFG had used..............AMSOIL, instead of the 'other cheap stuff'???? There's a what if to really ponder.

Amsoil was never involved in those suits or in those engines. There is your ultimate proof how good it is.

One issue I have is with certain makes and models installing "lawn mower sized" oil filters on mid-sized/full sized cars,that might be loading up too soon...or some engines having previous sludge before amsoil was installed giving blame to amsoil,where the previous oil was to blame.

I think the 'micro-sized' oil filters should have a lower mileage change interval,unless one can find a suitable upgrade for their application,such as the CM FILTER.

Just the facts..........not what if this,or that, nonsense. We are not in the 'TWILIGHT ZONE"...... let's stick to the historical FACTS AT HAND and keep it real!
quote:
Originally posted by inHaliburton:
I was in a garage today and looked over the oil filters they were stocking. I was surprised how small those filter are. As you say, lawnmower size filters. What gives?



Those small filters work great when the car is brand new,or under lab conditions. The real world has "struck" them down,almost every time...over time. If synthetic group IV is used from new,they might be ok.

If you ever have the chance to cut open one of those smaller oil filters,the first thing you will notice is the actual filtering media is half the size of the outer can,so it's actually even worse than it seems!!

My VW 1.8t has been upgraded to a 'quart sized' larger filter by the MFG,because of all the sludge issues,which I don't have because of the oil I use. VW now mandates synthetic because the larger filter was not enough to prevent the sludge issues with domestic quick lube motor oil. The synthetic most people use is only group III,good for maybe 30% longer then group II,or around 5,000 miles give or take. The micro filter=3,000 miles with group III,or go for the larger filter if you can cross reference,if not,go for the cm filter.


This is the way to get a larger,superior quality filter if all else fails


http://www.cmfilters.com/oil_filters.html
Amsoil Limited Warranty - Lubricants
( for the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada )

Amsoil INC. of Superior, Wisconsin hereby warrants that at the time of sale its lubricants are fit for use according to the written recommendations of Amsoil INC. and in applications for which one or more of the standards set forth in the product data bulletins and product labels are specified. Amsoil INC. further warrants its products to be free of defective materials, design and workmanship.

THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING LIMITATIONS AND GENERAL DISCLAIMER:

1. This warranty only applies to AMSOIL lubricants for which AMSOIL does not offer a seperate, specific warranty.

2. The warranty herein applies only to AMSOIL lubricants that are packaged by AMSOIL INC. and sold by AMSOIL INC. or an authorized Dealer.

3) The liability of AMSOIL INC. shall be limited to:
a. Replacement of the defective lubricant.
b. The cost, including labor and materials, to repair damaged equipment, or at the option of AMSOIL INC., the cost to replace damaged equipment, resulting directly from the use of AMSOIL lubricants when used in the proper applications.

4) IN NO CASE SHALL AMSOIL INC. BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF OTHER PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, COST OF CAPITAL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LODGING, TOWING OR COST OF REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT. THE LIABILITY OF AMSOIL INC. ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, TECHNICAL DIRECTIONS OR RECOMMENDATION OF ANY LUBRICANT-WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE-SHALL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE PRODUCT(S) WERE USED. THE REMEDIES TO THE PURCHASER HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE.

5. In the event of a claim against AMSOIL INC., the procedure below must be completly followed:
a. Where the original warranty from the equipment manufacture is still in effect, the customer shall file a warranty claim with the Original Equipment Manufacturer ( OEM ) in accordance with the OEM warranty procedures.
b. Customer shall retain failed parts for inspection by AMSOIL INC. unless given to the OEM.
c. Customer shall also, within 30 days of failure, notify AMSOIL INC. and provide the following:
(a.) An eight (8) ounce represenative oil sample taken from the failed equipment and put into a clean, dry container.
(b.) Documentation including make, model and year of equipment, total accumulated miles and/or hours and duty cycle or service environment.
(c.) Equipment or vehicle maintenance history documentation including miles or hours at the time of Amsoil lubricant installation, general equipment repairs and oil analysis results if available.
(d.) Proof of purchase for AMSOIL lubricant.
(e.) Batch number from oil container or Certificate of Analysis ( if available ).
d. Mail the above sample and information to:
AMSOIL INC.
ATTN: Technical Services
One AMSOIL Center
Superior, WI 54880

e. In cases where the OEM warranty is still in effect and that warranty coverage is denied based on the use of an AMSOIL lubricant, the customer shall immediately notify AMSOIL INC. and provided a written copy of the OEM warranty denial.

f. AMSOIL INC. may, at its option, notify its insurance carrier of the claim.

g. AMSOIL INC. or its insurance carrier may conduct an investigation that includes, but is not limited to, an inspection of the failed parts, a review of the operating conditions and a thorough review of the information requested above. The customer agrees to cooperate with such investigation.

h. If AMSOIL INC. or its insurance carrier pays a claim, an attempt may be made to recover amounts paid from the OEM. If this occurs, the customer may be asked to provide further information pertaining to the failure and to cooperate with AMSOIL INC. or its insurer in the recovery process.

THE WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EXTENDED TO COVER THE FOLLOWING:

1. Amsoil lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation, negligence, abuse, damage from casualty, shipment or accident, or equipment modification using components other than those from AMSOIL or AMSOIL aftermarket partners.

2. AMSOIL lubricants used in any aircraft or aviation application.

3. AMSOIL lubricants that have been used for the purpose of (a) racing or (b) without the written approval of AMSOIL INC. in applications where the OEM-required lubricant standards do not match those stated by AMSOIL INC.

4. AMSOIL lubricants that have been contaminated after leaving the AMSOIL INC> premises due to improper handling, storageor through equipment deficiencies, including filtration, in which an AMSOIL lubricant has been installed.

5. AMSOIL lubricants which have been packaged, regardless of container, by anyone other than AMSOIL INC. or an AMSOIL authorized packager.

6. Any allegedly defective AMSOIL lubricant for which a reasonable sample has not been preserved.

7. Failure of equipment when AMSOIL lubricants are not used in strict accordance with either the written recommendations of AMSOIL INC. or the OEM for warranty coverage.

8. AMSOIL lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by AMSOIL INC.

9. Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of AMSOIL.

10. Repair or replacement of equipment becuase of normal wear.

AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.

2. AMSOIL INC. was not notified within 30 days from the date of failure.

3. Claims information is insufficient.

4. Parts inspected do not substantiate a claim or indicate failure.

5. Parts requested were not sent or are unavailable for inspection.

6. Oil Sample was not provided.

7. Failure of the customer to follow the written procedure herein.

8. Customer refused to cooperate with the investigation

9. Failure was the result of an OEM defect.

This warranty shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, and in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin in the United States of America.

AMSOIL INC. IS THE SOLE AUTHOR OF THIS POLICY AND MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INLESS A SEPERATE WARRANTY HAS BEEN WRITTEN.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.


This Amsoil Warranty does not protect the Amsoil Customer, this warranty protects AMSOIL INC.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
Amsoil Limited Warranty - Lubricants
( for the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada )

Amsoil INC. of Superior, Wisconsin hereby warrants that at the time of sale its lubricants are fit for use according to the written recommendations of Amsoil INC. and in applications for which one or more of the standards set forth in the product data bulletins and product labels are specified. Amsoil INC. further warrants its products to be free of defective materials, design and workmanship.



This Amsoil Warranty does not protect the Amsoil Customer, this warranty protects AMSOIL INC.
It protects the customer as stated in the above paragraph. Warranted for use in recommended longer extended oil change intervals than the competition. Several others only warranty for up to 4,000 miles/4 months and only cover 15 parts.

And "3) The liability of AMSOIL INC. shall be limited to:
a. Replacement of the defective lubricant.
b. The cost, including labor and materials, to repair damaged equipment, or at the option of AMSOIL INC., the cost to replace damaged equipment, resulting directly from the use of AMSOIL lubricants when used in the proper applications."

Pretty much covers everything, doesn't it? Much better than 15 parts the other guys warranty...
quote:
It protects the customer as stated in the above paragraph. Warranted for use in recommended longer extended oil change intervals than the competition. Several others only warranty for up to 4,000 miles/4 months and only cover 15 parts.


This Amsoil Warranty is a TOTAL JOKE, there are just too many ways Amsoil can get out of paying up, I had a LAWYER read this Amsoil Warranty and he even said all it does is protect AMSOIL INC.

I do not care about some other oil company having a 4 month / 4000 mile warranty, the TRUTH is no oil company is going to pay out on there WARRANTY.

Anyone reading this, please go back and read the Amsoil Warranty again and give me your thoughts, I find it interesting that the Amsoil Warranty is not printed on there website, you have to Download it, and of course when you down load it , you cannot copy it.

Tim, if you believe in this pathetic Warranty then wouldn't you have been the ONE to have posted it here 1st on Noria for us to read instead of me.

You make all these claims about Amsoil having a Warranty yet you never printed it out for us, if there is a problem that warranty is a NIGHTMARE for any Amsoil customer who has to go through that process, anyone reading this may not believe me, go read the AMSOIL WARRANTY again.
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.


How about this Bear?

THE WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EXTENDED TO COVER THE FOLLOWING:

1. Amsoil lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation, negligence, abuse, damage from casualty, shipment or accident, or equipment modification using components other than those from AMSOIL or AMSOIL aftermarket partners

I guess the Doug Thorley headers I ordered and the Wolf Racing Cams would void the warranty or not be covered. Man, that is a big hole in coverage of the warranty? Hmm, my transmission fluid may not be covered, as I have a MicroGard filter. That clause basically states all OEM equipment is null and void. I don't think Nissan is an approved Amsoil Aftermarket Supplier.

Dave
quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:
That's why I am dumping the Ams. ATF this weekend and going back to Nissan Matic S. Amsoil seems to make the shifts sloppy, vs Nissan's smooth, hear the (engine rpm) shift, not feel it (jerk, bang).

Dave


I've read about Honda issues with the ATF, and was jumped on in another thread. Stick with the OEM fluid and be safe.

Interesting remarks about the filters, guess you got to buy the total package, better make sure the PCV valve is OEM too, and the plugs.

AD
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:
That's why I am dumping the Ams. ATF this weekend and going back to Nissan Matic S. Amsoil seems to make the shifts sloppy, vs Nissan's smooth, hear the (engine rpm) shift, not feel it (jerk, bang).

Dave


I've read about Honda issues with the ATF, and was jumped on in another thread. Stick with the OEM fluid and be safe.

Interesting remarks about the filters, guess you got to buy the total package, better make sure the PCV valve is OEM too, and the plugs.

AD


Yep, OEM may be more expensive, but it has worked well before. It's going back in.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:


Tim, if you believe in this pathetic Warranty then wouldn't you have been the ONE to have posted it here 1st on Noria for us to read instead of me.

You make all these claims about Amsoil having a Warranty yet you never printed it out for us, if there is a problem that warranty is a NIGHTMARE for any Amsoil customer who has to go through that process, anyone reading this may not believe me, go read the AMSOIL WARRANTY again.
The warranty is easily found on the AMSOIL website. The process is clear and easy. No nightmare. No complaints from any consumer or government agency. Works as advertised.

Now hunt around and check out the other motor oil warranties. Less coverage, more restrictions.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.
You can ask for them from the previous owner, you can have the dealer look up the service records for the car. You don't really buy a used car without asking for maintenance and repair records, do you?
quote:
4. AMSOIL lubricants that have been contaminated after leaving the AMSOIL INC> premises due to improper handling, storageor through equipment deficiencies, including filtration, in which an AMSOIL lubricant has been installed.


Amsoil sure has an out with this clause, you might have to go after UPS or FedEx, the problem here is that you have already opened the bottles and thrown them away.

I do not need to look at the other Oil Companies Warranties, I have enough confidence with the oil that I use so I am not even worried about there Warranty.
quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:

How about this Bear?

THE WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EXTENDED TO COVER THE FOLLOWING:

1. Amsoil lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation, negligence, abuse, damage from casualty, shipment or accident, or equipment modification using components other than those from AMSOIL or AMSOIL aftermarket partners

I guess the Doug Thorley headers I ordered and the Wolf Racing Cams would void the warranty or not be covered. Man, that is a big hole in coverage of the warranty? Hmm, my transmission fluid may not be covered, as I have a MicroGard filter. That clause basically states all OEM equipment is null and void. I don't think Nissan is an approved Amsoil Aftermarket Supplier.

Dave
AMSOIL has always said "Service Life
AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline fueled vehicles as follows:

• Normal Service(3) – Up to 35,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Severe Service(4) – Up to 17,500 miles or one year, whichever comes first.
• Replace AMSOIL Ea oil filter at the time of oil change up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).
• In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.

*OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer

(1) Engines operating under modified conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.

(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak anti-freeze and have properly working emission control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils."

If you have warranty questions specific to modifications, you can call AMSOIL tech support to see if the warranty will cover you. No different than any other motor oil company warranty, except AMSOIL has the longest extended oil change interval warranty and covering more parts and labor.
quote:
If you have warranty questions specific to modifications, you can call AMSOIL tech support to see if the warranty will cover you. No different than any other motor oil company warranty, except AMSOIL has the longest extended oil change interval warranty and covering more parts and labor.


Tim, we do not care about other motor oil warranties, we do not need them compared to Amsoil's SHAMEFUL Warranty.

It would be nice if you wrote your own words instead of copying stuff out of Amsoil's SalesBook.

You could have just said, if you do not use an OEM Part then your warranty is not covered.

Here are some areas where you can get in trouble with the Amsoil Warranty:

1) Non- OEM Air Filter
2) Non- OEM Spark Plugs
3) Non- OEM PCV Valve
4) Non-OEM Exhaust

We do not need to call the Amsoil Tech Line, we already have there Warranty that if it were a CHEESE it would be Swiss Cheese since it has many holes in it.
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.
You can ask for them from the previous owner, you can have the dealer look up the service records for the car. You don't really buy a used car without asking for maintenance and repair records, do you?


How many people % wise selling cars keep accurate records? Very few. How many used cars on lots bought at auction have a service history? Very few, give me a break. In the prefect world people keep detailed logs, maybe 1 in a 1000 as a guess. If they have records do they have actual register tapes for every repair going back 5 years, 8 years, if they did the work themselves? That 1 in a 1000 probably becomes 1 in 2000. Anyone can create a repair log in an Excel program, now is the info valid? That is another story, and something Amsoil can easily challenge. Lets get real Tim.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
If you have warranty questions specific to modifications, you can call AMSOIL tech support to see if the warranty will cover you. No different than any other motor oil company warranty, except AMSOIL has the longest extended oil change interval warranty and covering more parts and labor.


It would be nice if you wrote your own words instead of copying stuff out of Amsoil's SalesBook.
Those were my own words. Not copied from AMSOIL's SalesBook, whatever that is.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: You could have just said, if you do not use an OEM Part then your warranty is not covered.
Why would I say that? If the parts meet OEM specs and is not the cause, then there is no problem. If the part caused the problem, it would be the parts company's concern.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Here are some areas where you can get in trouble with the Amsoil Warranty:

1) Non- OEM Air Filter
2) Non- OEM Spark Plugs
3) Non- OEM PCV Valve
4) Non-OEM Exhaust

Not really, unless the part does not meet the OEM specifications and caused the problem.


We do not need to call the Amsoil Tech Line, we already have there Warranty that if it were a CHEESE it would be Swiss Cheese since it has many holes in it.
If it had that many holes in it, then the competitors, consumer and government agencies would have put AMSOIL out of business a long time ago. So far, I don't see where a single complaint has been registered. If it were CHEESE, it would be the best AMERICAN CHEESE on the market today.
quote:
If it had that many holes in it, then the competitors, consumer and government agencies would have put AMSOIL out of business a long time ago. So far, I don't see where a single complaint has been registered. If it were CHEESE, it would be the best AMERICAN CHEESE on the market today.


I am not buying anything you have said here, the reason nobody has tried to put Amsoil out of business is because they do not sell much oil, you can prove me wrong by showing us some real data on Amsoil's sales figures as opposed to your line of Amsoil doubling in sales every year.

Why don't you get one of the guys up at Amsoil Corporate to drop by here, we are still waiting for the guy that went over 900,000 miles using Amsoil Motor Oil to sho up and answer our questions.

Why can't we find Amsoil's sales figures on the Net but we can find Mobil's, what is Big Al hiding from us.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.
You can ask for them from the previous owner, you can have the dealer look up the service records for the car. You don't really buy a used car without asking for maintenance and repair records, do you?


How many people % wise selling cars keep accurate records?
I don't know. I always do.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: How many used cars on lots bought at auction have a service history?
I don't know. I would never buy a used car without service records.
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
AMSOIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. Failure to follow all OEM recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of AMSOIL lubricants.


Tim how does the owner of a preowned car prove this to Amsoil?

Amsoil has so many outs with this Warranty.
You can ask for them from the previous owner, you can have the dealer look up the service records for the car. You don't really buy a used car without asking for maintenance and repair records, do you?


How many people % wise selling cars keep accurate records?
I don't know. I always do.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: How many used cars on lots bought at auction have a service history?
I don't know. I would never buy a used car without service records.


Your answer is " I don't know " is that because the ANSWER was not in your magic Amsoil Sales Book.

I bought a used car back in 1985 with no service records and I am still driving it today.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
If it had that many holes in it, then the competitors, consumer and government agencies would have put AMSOIL out of business a long time ago. So far, I don't see where a single complaint has been registered. If it were CHEESE, it would be the best AMERICAN CHEESE on the market today.


I am not buying anything you have said here, the reason nobody has tried to put Amsoil out of business is because they do not sell much oil, you can prove me wrong by showing us some real data on Amsoil's sales figures as opposed to your line of Amsoil doubling in sales every year.
Pennzoil tried to put AMSOIL out of business in the 70's because of the letter "Z" in the original AMZOIL spelling. I guess they couldn't come up with anything else. Castrol tried to put much smaller Royal Purple out of business due to false advertising. I'm sure big oil would like to put AMSOIL out of business, but they can't.

Where did I say AMSOIL's sales is doubling every year?

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Why can't we find Amsoil's sales figures on the Net but we can find Mobil's, what is Big Al hiding from us.
Mobil has to make public disclosure since they are a publicly traded stock and have to report and pay their stockholders. AMSOIL is the worlds largest privately owned synthetic oil company, and as such, they may not be required to do so.

However, Motor Oil sales figures are available from NOLN . Here are some:
http://www.amsoil.com/news/200..._fastlube_market.pdf .
https://www.amsoil.com/dealer/...news/actionnews.aspx See page 10.

AMSOIL started with 1 dealer. Now they have 50,000 to 70,000.
AMSOIL started blending,packaging and warehousing in a 400 square foot garage. Now they blend and package in 9 acres under one roof. You can learn more at https://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2593.pdf . And have 13 other warehouses. And distribute in 26 countries.
They have registered over 1.9 million accounts.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Why don't you get one of the guys up at Amsoil Corporate to drop by here, we are still waiting for the guy that went over 900,000 miles using Amsoil Motor Oil to sho up and answer our questions.
Feel free to invite them. AMSOIL Corporate may be too busy due to record sales with the rest of the industry down 20% last year. The delivery van driver might be busy driving that same van.
quote:
Feel free to invite them. AMSOIL Corporate may be too busy due to record sales with the rest of the industry down 20% last year. The delivery van driver might be busy driving that same van.


4% Market Share, that does not impress me.

I am sure the Delivery Van Driver is on another vacation.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

Why can't we find Amsoil's sales figures on the Net but we can find Mobil's, what is Big Al hiding from us.


To be fair, until Amsoil offers stock to the public, thus having to file with the SEC, you won't.

And, to continue along that line, Tim should not be claiming the company doubling in sales year after year unless he can prove it.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Feel free to invite them. AMSOIL Corporate may be too busy due to record sales with the rest of the industry down 20% last year. The delivery van driver might be busy driving that same van.


4% Market Share, that does not impress me.



How about Havoline's 2%, or Quaker States 4%, or Castrol's 7%?
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

Why can't we find Amsoil's sales figures on the Net but we can find Mobil's, what is Big Al hiding from us.


To be fair, until Amsoil offers stock to the public, thus having to file with the SEC, you won't.

And, to continue along that line, Tim should not be claiming the company doubling in sales year after year unless he can prove it.
I never made that claim.
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

Why can't we find Amsoil's sales figures on the Net but we can find Mobil's, what is Big Al hiding from us.


To be fair, until Amsoil offers stock to the public, thus having to file with the SEC, you won't.

And, to continue along that line, Tim should not be claiming the company doubling in sales year after year unless he can prove it.
I never made that claim.


Oops. Sorry. Raw egg on my face.
Shell has owned the Pennzoil and QuakerState brands for around 10 years now in an attempt to increase market share. All 3 of their brands are down in market share since then. AMSOIL has record sales this year. The motor oil market overall is down 20% this year. AMSOIL has doubled in sales in the past 4 years. Looks like motorists are leaving the other brands more and using AMSOIL.

If you don't want to look at AMSOIL data, then I suggest not looking at it. As a retired Shell Oil scientist, I find test data very important. I think others do as well. The motor oil industry as a whole was down 20% last year, yet AMSOIL had record sales, so they must be doing something right. I read all the time about other motor oil companies laying off employees, raising prices, refineries shutting down, selling off product lines, leaving markets, etc., but AMSOIL is growing by leaps and bounds. If I could find undisputed independent test data showing other products superior to AMSOIL with a better warranty and history, then I would sell those.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Vipond, Thu June 03 2010 03:15 PM

Tim Vipond
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts

Posted Sun June 06 2010 07:05 AM Hide Post
Again, no problems reported other than a small number of vehicles had a light come in a few extreme cases. No damage has been reported. If damage occurs due to the filters, AMSOIL pays for repairs.

Here is some data comparing AMSOIL's market share to the competitors:
"The 2009 Fast Lube Operators Survey shows AMSOIL is
among the top-selling synthetic motor oils in the fast lube
business. In fact, 4 percent of operators listed AMSOIL as
their best-selling synthetic motor oil. The AMSOIL percent-
ages were 2 percent in 2007 and 3 percent in 2008, indicat-
ing the demand for AMSOIL synthetic motor oil has doubled
in only two years."

A bit more than a flea as you stated, don't you agree?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim Vipond, Sun June 06 2010 12:57 PM


Tim, do you have any proof of what you are saying with these sales increases or is the info proprietary, I just don't get why you are pointing out these sales figures, if I found out that Pennzoil Platinum doubled in sales I would really not care, I use the oil because I like it, sales figures mean nothing to me.

This Fast Lube Operators Survey sounds like a Bogus Survey to me, pure Amscam Marketing, maybe I will go to Jiffy Lube and ask them to put in Amsoil Motor Oil, I am sure its on the shelf next to Redline Motor Oil and on the shelf above there is Synlube and Mobil 1

I will bet that the bottom shelf will contain Royal Purple and RLI Biosyn.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

Tim, do you have any proof of what you are saying with these sales increases or is the info proprietary, I just don't get why you are pointing out these sales figures, if I found out that Pennzoil Platinum doubled in sales I would really not care, I use the oil because I like it, sales figures mean nothing to me.
Some of the data came from NOLN (National Oil and Lube News), some from Lube Report, Lubes 'n Greases, and some from AMSOIL. I pointed it out when some asserted that AMSOIL's sales are only a "flea on an elephants arse", or that their competition sells more in a day than AMSOIL does in a year, or that AMSOIL isn't on anybody's radar, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: This Fast Lube Operators Survey sounds like a Bogus Survey to me, pure Amscam Marketing,
that data came from NOLN.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: maybe I will go to Jiffy Lube and ask them to put in Amsoil Motor Oil, I am sure its on the shelf next to Redline Motor Oil and on the shelf above there is Synlube and Mobil 1

I will bet that the bottom shelf will contain Royal Purple and RLI Biosyn.
I've never seen Redline, Synlube or RLI Biosyn at a Jiffy Lube, but have seen AMSOIL, Royal Purple and Mobil 1 there. Not bad considering Jiffy Lube is owned by Shell Oil, and are contractually obligated to sell a high percentage (80 or 90%) of Pennzoil/QuakerState/Rotella products.
quote:
Some of the data came from NOLN (National Oil and Lube News), some from Lube Report, Lubes 'n Greases, and some from AMSOIL.


Tim, if you want to quote numbers you really need to give us some real concrete proof, doesn't Amsoil print out there sales figures every year, something like:

2009= $100,000,000
2008= $75,000,000
2007= $50,000,000

This motor oil sales for your competitors that you state is down 20% really means nothing to me.

Exxon/Mobil Sales could be up 90% next year and Pennzoil's or shall we say Shell's oil sales could be down 90%, I do not follow the Herd Mentality, I will continue using Pennzoil Platinum.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
quote:
Some of the data came from NOLN (National Oil and Lube News), some from Lube Report, Lubes 'n Greases, and some from AMSOIL.


Tim, if you want to quote numbers you really need to give us some real concrete proof, doesn't Amsoil print out there sales figures every year, something like:

2009= $100,000,000
2008= $75,000,000
2007= $50,000,000

I've never seen anything like that before from AMSOIL. I don't know of any family owned private business that does. Only market shares from trade magazines, such as the ones from NOLAN that I've shared.
quote:
I've never seen anything like that before from AMSOIL. I don't know of any family owned private business that does. Only market shares from trade magazines, such as the ones from NOLAN that I've shared.


The Magazine stuff is not going to cut it, I believe you said Amsoil doubled there sales in 4 years, doubled from what number.

I would think that Amsoil Salesman would be interested in what the company is selling every year, or how much the company is making.

Lets say Exxon/ Mobil sold $300,000,000 last year and the year before it sold $270,000,000 worth of product, it would be nice for you guys, meaning the Amsoil Salesman too see how Amsoil is doing each year.

Market shares just seem misleading too me, you did show a graph where Mobil had like 58% market share and Amsoil had 4% market share, I am looking for what it means in dollars and cents.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:


Market shares just seem misleading too me, you did show a graph where Mobil had like 58% market share and Amsoil had 4% market share, I am looking for what it means in dollars and cents.



Bear...........Why would you even care about that info unless you were planning on buying the company,or loaning them money. Are you an investment banker,or a venture capitalist. Thinking about an IPO? What gives?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
×
×
×
×